Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives (18952 Views)

Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? / Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? / Few Ways To Show Love To Your Husband.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Timijo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ladies, this post is not meant to make you feel badly for all the things your husband isn’t doing.
It’s not meant to make you mad at him for not thinking to ask your doctor what he could do for you. I hope you will share this post with him in an effort to communicate what you might need from him during this time.

Dads-to-be. . .if you’ve not yet taken an active role in serving and caring for your pregnant wife , I hope this post will give you some ideas and encourage you to do so.
There is no way you could understand how taxing it is to grow a life inside your body. It’s wonderful yet exhausting. It’s effortless yet challenging. It’s beautiful yet ugly. Those dichotomies alone are enough to make you mad!

With all of these suggestions, the important thing is to offer to do it before she has to ask.

That is what makes a woman feel the most cared for . I don’t know many men who will refuse when asked to do something but it means so much more when they don’t have to ask and when you serve them with joy.

10 Ways Husbands Can LOVE On Their Pregnant Wives

1. Bring her a snack or drink. Learn her pregnancy eating habits and offer it before she has to ask.

2. Rub her back or feet or legs. Heck, rub anything that makes her feel better! Her body is likely aching a lot!

3. Offer to cook a few meals. This may not be your strength daddy but you can try. Or pick up take out on the way home from work.

4. Send her to take a bath. She may not even want to make the effort but once she is soaking in that warm, bubbly tub, she will feel so much better!

5. Help out more with household chores. . .especially those that require bending over (in the 3rd trimester).

6. Be sensitive about sex and intimacy. Talk openly about it. Let her know your needs but understand her feelings as well.

7. Tell her she’s beautiful. Every. Single. Day.

8. Engage in baby prep and planning. She will be nesting. Big time. Don’t fight it. Surrender to her baby bliss and get involved!

9. If you already have children, help her with bath and bedtime routines (more so than you normally would) as this is when she is likely exhausted.

10. Be a good sport and joyfully take pregnancy photos with your beautiful, pregnant wife . You will cherish them in years to come.

31 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
woowwww dat is soooo sweet,now i pray my husband will be like that when i get married cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy for once i can read a thread that is not misogynist on nairaland.so many chauvenist on nairaland angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2012
kulyie: woowwww dat is soooo sweet,now i pray my husband will be like that when i get married cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy for once i can read a thread that is not misogynist on nairaland.so many chauvenist on nairaland angry angry angry
i pray so too
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Treasure10: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2012
I love this.
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by candieangel12(f): 10:50am On Nov 15, 2012
My future hubby should do this regularly not only when I am pregnant na.
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by slimming: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2012
wonderful dear
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by adventisty: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2012
OP!Would you faithfully do all this?
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by jodam: 10:52am On Nov 15, 2012
Sweeeeeet.
The sex thing is one of the sweetest.
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by ipromise: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Easier said than done!! Ŵħŏ get time? Mcheeeew
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by yuzedo: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2012
MSCHEWWWWWW!!!!!!
Na me send am make she get belle??! undecided
Abeg abeg abeg make she go pound egg joor! Looooooooooonnnnnnggggg Hiiisssssssssssss! angry

1 Like

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by micklplus(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Very well said!

I did all those when my wife was pregnant. Infact, she was spoiled silly by me and we had so much fun in all ramifications.

7 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by mallorca(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Op,its seems ur talking to me direct
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Until i get married then
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by ayobase(m): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2012
Lolaabokoku: i pray so too

Can you two manage one.
I can be that man for you two.....Im soooo loving!
OP....nice and lovely thread!
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by tucker12(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2012
Noted!!! grin grin
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by goofie: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2012
these are not things a man shld be told to do as long as he loves his wife.

whn u love,u r considerate.

3 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by gbanikiti(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2012
yuzedo: MSCHEWWWWWW!!!!!!
Na me send am make she get belle??! undecided
Abeg abeg abeg make she go pound egg joor! Looooooooooonnnnnnggggg Hiiisssssssssssss! angry
you no send am get belle but na your pikin e carry for belle.awon okurin funny sha!see nonsense talk.

6 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by pharuk: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2012
I do this already to my wife and she arent pregnant,

<<<She doesnt have to be preganant for me to catch a grenade for her>>>

6 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by crusufixo(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2012
Recently Discovered that my wife is pregnant, our first after four months of marriage. Outside of me, i was happy when she told me, but inside me, my mind raced like hell. So many things came to my head.the first period of the full blown preg. and the last period of the full blown preg.. I can imagine how that period would be like for me, i would have to be tolerant and patient to the highest level. Its really scary weneva i think about it, plus, I am not a good cook ( few times i have tried its either a deserster or i end up burning the food ). All this is scaring me like hell.Not to mention the mood swings and the eating habit, gosh !!!! God is my strength. Coming across the post has giving me some level of strength. I would try my possible best to implement these advise. God help me !!!

8 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by omenziate(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2012
Na all dis nonsense all dis new generation babes dey find, since When Belle become sickness? Most of our grandma dey use belle dey go farm, cook for the full house and still delivered safely.

12 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by EzePromoe: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2012
[size=32pt]Can a woman do this for her husband when he gets broke?[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by snthesis(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2012
adventisty: OP!Would you faithfully do all this?
me, me, me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Iaz93: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2012
Sweet thread!!! That means she would be completely useless during that period. .nawa Ooh...

2 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Iaz93: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
Eze Promoe: [size=32pt]Can a woman do this for her husband when he gets broke?[/size]
NEVER
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by madridsta007(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
What are the ways the woman will show love to her husband when he is pregnant too? Erm, I mean pot-bellied men wink

2 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Iaz93: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
omenziate: Na all dis nonsense all dis new generation babes dey find, since When Belle become sickness? Most of our grandma dey use belle dey go farm, cook for the full house and still delivered safely.
when ur babe is pregnant, take her to the farm

7 Likes

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2012
omenziate: Na all dis nonsense all dis new generation babes dey find, since When Belle become sickness? Most of our grandma dey use belle dey go farm, cook for the full house and still delivered safely.
don't worry d op is not imposing she's just making suggestions. Good ones. cheesy
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by joanana(f): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2012
Eze Promoe: [size=32pt]Can a woman do this for her husband when he gets broke?[/size]

Dearialer go open ur own topic tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Op I wish my future hubby will do the same when m pregnant grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2012
Iaz93:
when ur babe is pregnant, take her to the farm
i tire o
Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Iaz93: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2012
...and after all these, if the child tries to be stubborn ehnn, hehehehe.....flog and flog and flog and flog

1 Like

Re: Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives by Akpan107(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2012
Treat her like your first child. May God bless our wives...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married / Abandoned Baby Found At Ekiti Government House Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.