Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Two Nigerians Make Global News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Nigerians Make Global News (2730 Views)

Nigerians Make Mockery Of Fayose's Attempt To Deceive Them (pics) / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Make Global News by nanomole: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Great Nigerian in the Diaspora: Councillor Kate Anolue Unveiled as Mayor of Enfield, London

It’s always wonderful to hear news of Nigerians doing great things in the diaspora. That is why at Bellanaija.com, we are very proud of Councillor Kate Anolue was has recently been officially unveiled as the new Mayor of the London Borough of Enfield in the United Kingdom.

She takes over from Councillor Christiana During, who has been in the role for the last year.

The former midwife who hails from Nanka in Anambra State, Nigeria, followed her father’s desire for her to become a nurse and moved to Edmonton more than 20 years ago, starting her training in May 1972, eventually qualifying as a midwife.

She says she has delivered thousands of babies since becoming a midwifery sister at North Middlesex Hospital in 1984, and wants to be a role model for women in her village.

She was made a chieftain of the village in recognition of her achievements in Enfield.

She said: “In my village people recognise that I am doing something worthwhile. It is a very real honour and I’m thrilled. I am so proud of this.”

She becomes the second black female Mayor of Enfield, following Councillor During who was the first when she assumed the role.

The position of Mayor is a mostly ceremonial position that holds little power – but it is seen as a ceremonial distinction on a serving councillor that is respected by all parties.

For the next year, Councillor Anolue will devote most of her time to civic functions and will preside over full council meetings, as well as acting as the returning officer at elections.

During her mayoral year, she says she wants to raise money for children’s charities and for young people.

She said: “I have spent all this time delivering babies – I need to know that someone is looking after them. It is a big responsibility. It is a dignified and honourable thing to do – and I can do it.”

Part of her duties as Mayor will be to raise money for the E18HTEEN project which supports teenagers between 16-19 in Enfield, Barnet and Haringey who are about to leave care. The project helps them to lead independent lives.

A parent-led group to help disabled children called The Voice and sufferers of sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia will also benefit from the fundraising.

Well done Councillor Kate Anolue!

http://diasporacommittee.com/index.php/media-center/diaspora-of-the-month/78-great-nigerian-in-the-diaspora-councillor-kate-anolue-unveiled-as-mayor-of-enfield-london

Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by nanomole: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
Translated from Italian/Latin

Disclaimers and APPOINTMENTS , 12.11.2012

DISCLAIMERS AND APPOINTMENTS

APPOINTMENT OF THE APOSTOLIC NUNCIO IN NICARAGUA

Pope Benedict XVI has appointed, Apostolic Nuncio to Nicaragua the Mons Rev.do. Fortunatus Nwachukwu, head of Protocol of the Secretariat of State, at the same time elevating him to the titular see of Acquaviva, with dignity of Archbishop.

Rev.do Mons. Fortunatus Nwachukwu

The Rev.do Mons. Fortunatus Nwachukwu born in Ntigha (Nigeria) on May 10, 1960.

ordained a priest on June 17, 1984.

Is incardinated to the Aba.

degree in dogmatic theology and in Canon law.

Entered the diplomatic Service of the Holy see on July 1, 1994, lent his work at the Nunciatures in Ghana, Paraguay, Algeria, at the United Nations Office and specialized agencies in Geneva and at the section relations with States of the Secretariat of State.

was appointed Chief of Protocol of the Secretariat of State, the September 4, 2007.

Know the English, Italian, German, modern Hebrew, French, Spanish and Arabic.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fpress.catholica.va%2Fnews_services%2Fbulletin%2Fnews%2F30011.php%3Findex%3D30011%26lang%3Den
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by nanomole: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Congratulation to Msgr Fortunatus Nwachukwu.... Today at the Vatican in Rome, Pope Benedict X1V appointed Msgr. Fortunatus Nwachukwu as the Titular Archbishop of Aquaviva and Apostolic Nuncio to Nicaragua. By this appointment, Msgr. Fotunatus becomes the second Nuncio from Nigeria. Congratulation Aba Diocese, Congratulation St Benedict Parish.

https://www.facebook.com/reagan.ufomba
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by nanomole: 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
''Structure

The Section for Relations with States is headed by an Archbishop, the Secretary for Relations with States, aided by a Prelate, the Under-Secretary for Relations with States, and assisted by Cardinals and Bishops. The secretary is often called the foreign minister of the Vatican. The current Secretary for Relations with States is Archbishop Dominique Mamberti. The current Undersecretary for Relations with States is Monsignor Ettore Balestrero.

The current Delegate for Pontifical Representations is Archbishop Luciano Suriani.

The Head of Protocol Office of the Secretariat of State is vacant, following the Monday, November 12, 2012 appointment by Pope Benedict XVI of Monsignor Fortunatus Nwachukwu to be the next Apostolic Nuncio to Nicaragua and thus Titular Archbishop of Acquaviva.[6]''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretariat_of_State_%28Holy_See%29#cite_note-6
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
I think you actually reduce the gravitas of these individuals by your ''Igbo'' appendage. Few people on earth have ever heard of ''Igbos'', but everyone's heard of Nigeria.

It's like addressing a Phd graduate as a BSc.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by k2039: 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
mtchew
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by nanomole: 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
ROSSIKE: I think you actually reduce the gravitas of these individuals by your ''Igbo'' appendage. Few people on earth have ever heard of ''Igbos'', but everyone's heard of Nigeria.

Anybody who matters in any country in the world knows Igbo. Sorry if you do not matter. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by hardywaltz(m): 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
ROSSIKE: I think you actually reduce the gravitas of these individuals by your ''Igbo'' appendage. Few people on earth have ever heard of ''Igbos'', but everyone's heard of Nigeria.

If they were Yoruba u do be very happy.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by lacasa: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2012
This r d kind of threads thαt need to be closed. undecided
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by Stallion77(f): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Correction your tribalistic bigot! TWO MORE NIGERIANS![/size]
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2012

why are you so ignorant? The topic simply said "2 nigerians make global news" and not "2 igbos make global news" I think you are the one making it look tribal just because they are igbos.why don't you just appreciate instead of bringing tribal sentiments into this? Smh.
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by M17: 10:51am On Nov 13, 2012
DID HAVE TIME TO NOTICE FOUR UGLY LOOKING YORUBA GIRLS WERE IN YAHOO NEWS , THE INFORMATION BEEN THAT THEY INVENTED GENERATOR URINE TECHNOLOGY ,DID YOU SEE OR NOTICE THAT THE FOUR UGLY LOOKING YORUBA GIRL'S ARE BEEN PROMOTED OVER YAHOO BY SMELLY YORUBA TRIBAL BIGOT ,DID YOU SEE ME ON A COUNTER OFFENSIVE TO DISCTREDIT THEIR FREAKING LIE'S YORUBA LIE'S HAVE TAKEN A NEW STAGE NOW ,THEY GO AS FAR AS EXPOSING THEIR FILTH AND GULLY LIFE IN YAHOO NEWS .

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by M17: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2012
DID HAVE TIME TO NOTICE FOUR UGLY LOOKING YORUBA GIRLS WERE IN YAHOO NEWS , THE INFORMATION BEEN THAT THEY INVENTED GENERATOR URINE TECHNOLOGY ,DID YOU SEE OR NOTICE THAT THE FOUR UGLY LOOKING YORUBA GIRL'S ARE BEEN PROMOTED OVER YAHOO BY SMELLY YORUBA TRIBAL BIGOT ,DID YOU SEE ME ON A COUNTER OFFENSIVE TO DISCTREDIT THEIR FREAKING LIE'S YORUBA LIE'S HAVE TAKEN A NEW STAGE NOW ,THEY GO AS FAR AS EXPOSING THEIR FILTH AND GULLY LIFE IN YAHOO NEWS . urine science has already been discovered at U.N.N ,NOW YOU GOT THIS YORUBA PROMOTING THEIR DIRTINESS ON YAHOO USING POOR UGLY AND HUNGRY LOOKING ORUBA GIRLS TO PROMOTE THEIR LIES , THE GENERATOR WAS NOT IN ANY WAY PRODUCE BY THIS 14 YEARS GIRL ,WE ARE WATCHING

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
berem: why are you so ignorant? The topic simply said "2 nigerians make global news" and not "2 igbos make global news" I think you are the one making it look tribal just because they are igbos.why don't you just appreciate instead of bringing tribal sentiments into this? Smh.

Actually, the poster has REVISED the title, which originally was ''two Igbos make global news'', so it's you that's ignorant.
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
nanomole:
Anybody who matters in any country in the world knows Igbo. Sorry if you do not matter. grin grin grin

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by niggadee(m): 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lol uncle kate again
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by nanomole: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Actually, the poster has REVISED the title, which originally was ''two Igbos make global news'', so it's you that's ignorant.

No, I did not revise it. Why should I? The over sabi sabi mods did.
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by CyberG: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
nanomole:

No, I did not revise it. Why should I? The over sabi sabi mods did.

Just shows you are tribalistically CURSED!
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by Dede1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2012

Deluded carteen rat for real.
Re: Two Nigerians Make Global News by 4chi: 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
Kai! Igbos can be UGLY! See this anolue Kate with very masculine features,like obi ezekwesili and chioma ajunwa! It must be the as a result of eating too much akpu!...and what is that "koko" on her forehead? Was she head butted or sum fin? angry grin angry angry grin

(1) (Reply)

Osun Election Tribunal: Omisore (PDP) Receives More Valid Votes / My Experience With APC Campaign Call Center / Pics: Governor Okorocha Leads Eastern Delegation To Celebrate Victory With GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.