Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql (907 Views)

How To Make a DESKTOP Executable Software Using PHP,MYSQL,SQLITE / Somebody Hlp, I Need How To Configure Ellisisland On Mozilla / How Do I Use An Apache Server On Dreamweaver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by PHOLA(m): 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2008
I'm on a stand alone system and while trying to install apache, it's prompting me for the Domain Name, Server Name & the Administrator's Email.

It's giving me error. Pls Gurus, Help to get around this.
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by alexis(m): 11:33am On Feb 04, 2008
Domain Name = localhost
ServerName = localhost
Admin Email = root@localhost
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by skima(m): 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2008
try the option above.
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by PHOLA(m): 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2008
Thx good people.

I got this Error: Could not reliably determine the Fully Qualified Domain Name
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by skima(m): 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2008
after u tried the option above?
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by dee02(m): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2008
an easier way to installl apache, php and mysql is to go to this website

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

it had everything in the package, that's what i'm using.

Hope that helps
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by bashtech: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2008
@ Phola,

Hi Phola don't ever waste your time trying to configure apache, php and mysql, the simplest way to get it work is as dee02 posted earlier, you have to make use of Xampp or Wamp Server.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

or

www.wampserver.com/en/download.php

Hope that will solve your problem.
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by Tdaves(m): 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2008
Check if your local host is pointing to the domain. And ping to confirm the status before the installation.

regards
Re: Gurus! Please Help To Configure Apache, Php, Mysql by aphoe(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2008
try downloading any of these
- EasyPHP www.easyphp.org
- WAMP
- XXAMP www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

All these are FREE!

And with just a few clicks, you setup up APACHE, MySQL and PHP. All at once

(1) (Reply)

Software Development Group. / Portable Software Is It The Key In Developing Nigeria Software Industry? / Advice For Folks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.