Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. (3556 Views)

[video and PICTURES] Giant Snake Found In Lagos Nigeria Flood / Governor Obi Evacuating Flood Victims (Pictures) / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Fatdon(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2012
ECOWAS President, Mr Kadré Désiré Ouedraogo, who made the donation on behalf of the commission noted that the donation is in line with ECOWAS mandate to support and show solidarity with people of the sub-region who are going through a disaster.

According to him ECOWAS is the only sub-regional body with a comprehensive Disaster Risk Response strategy and the gesture is an expression of solidarity and goodwill from the rest of the people of the sub-region.

Receiving the donation on behalf of the Nigerian government the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Gbenga Ashiru said the gesture is a demonstration that members of the West African states are their brothers’ keepers.

He added that the donation will go a long way in helping to care for those that have been affected.

With this venture, more funds are pouring in for the flood victims following the raising of N12 billion by the Presidential Committee on Flood Relief co-chaired by business mogul, Aliko Dangote and Olisa Agbakoba.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/12/ecowas-donates-382000-to-nigerias-flood-victims/

Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
Shame on Nigeria sad
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by taharqa: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
GenBuhari: Shame on Nigeria sad
What nonsense are you saying?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by fatdon1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by dilbert100: 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
pppppppffffffff
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by adora4u1: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
Oh boy! Dis money don enter one thief bank account! Poor flood victims!
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by eikeem(m): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thank you ECOWAS.
I guess that's the purpose of this post.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Rapmoney(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
No be to donate money...the flood victims go use eyes see this money so?
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by DANILSA(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
I HOPE AND PRAY THE FLOOD CABAL WILL NOT SHARE THE MONEY BETWEEN THEMSELVES. angry sad undecided
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by zebudaya(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
ECOWAS that na small money oooo, you should have donated at least a million dollars.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by DANILSA(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
WHY SHOULD YOU COME TO A NATIONAL FORUM LIKE THIS TO EXHIBIT IGNORANCE AND MUMULISM, ARE YOU FROM CHAD? LIKE FATHER LIKE SON, THE SAME WAY YOUR FATHER WISHED US BLOOD BATH BECAUSE HE DID NOT WIN SO IS THE SON PUTING SHAME ON ..................... angry

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by DTalented(m): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
So Dollar has now become nigerian currency? In no time, we would start using dollar for transaction in street and markets.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
If not for the respect I have for you based on your antecedent on NL I would have recomend brain cleaner and SMA progress as dinner and breakfast for you.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by SisiKill1: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
If the victims see a dime of that money, I will gladly chew my own tongue.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
Demdem go divert the money
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by instinctg(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
pocket money
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by slimming: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
More money for the boys
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
DANILSA: WHY SHOULD YOU COME TO A NATIONAL FORUM LIKE THIS TO EXHIBIT IGNORANCE AND MUMULISM, ARE YOU FROM CHAD? LIKE FATHER LIKE SON, THE SAME WAY YOUR FATHER WISHED US BLOOD BATH BECAUSE HE DID NOT WIN SO IS THE SON PUTING SHAME ON ..................... angry
Sharrrrrap! Is it not a SHAME? You and your GEJ/PDP are putting on to shame on a daily basis, abi na LIE? Don't be a hypocrite, son! undecided

The earlier we start seeing things right way the better.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by tarryT(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
WTF!
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by tarryT(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
WTF! Anyway i was not expecting anything sane from a deluded brainwashed miget mind like you.
@post..this is unity in action.. But my only worry is, will this money get to the real victims..
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by misterhillz(m): 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
zebudaya: ECOWAS that na small money oooo, you should have donated at least a million dollars.
the money is too small..na sharing things dem go do na
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by DANILSA(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
Garri_Activist: Sharrrrrap! Is it not a SHAME? You and your GEJ/PDP are putting on to shame on a daily basis, abi na LIE? Don't be a hypocrite, son! undecided

The earlier we start seeing things right way the better.
YOUR FOOLISHNESS HAS BEEN MADE MANIFEST, SO GEJ CAUSED THE FLOOD,I RECOMMEND BRAIN CLEANER FOR YOU.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by packman: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
[size=25pt]I PRAY ALL DOES MONEY NO ENTER ONE MAN WALLET.....NIGERIA AND CORRUPTION......[/size]
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
DANILSA: YOUR FOOLISHNESS HAS BEEN MADE MANIFEST, SO GEJ CAUSED THE FLOOD,I RECOMMEND BRAIN CLEANER FOR YOU.
comot here jooor ?
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by duality(m): 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
how do i tap into these donations; business wise?

suggestions please.
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Hope the money will get to the intend beneficiaries . . . .
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Redmosquito(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Minion: My King! ECOWAS has donated to the flood victims of Nigeria
Hades: Was the money distributed to individually each victim by ECOWAS
Minion: Ummm..... No My Lord! They gave it to the Federal Government
Hades: Come! Look!! The Cabal is growing fat already
Minion: shocked

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by realsammie(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
that is a good one from ECOWAS. But with the high level of corruption in this country, you just can help but wonder if the money will get to the victim.
ECOWAS has just make someone a biilionaire. WEEP for this contry. there is an adage in yoruba that says ' ti teni kan o ba baje, teni kan o ni da '
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by DANILSA(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Garri_Activist: comot here jooor ?
STAY HERE JOO
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
What are we doing collecting less than half a million dollars from ECOWAS, when we have resources to deal with the floods?

This is why we are no longer respected as the giant / leader of Africa. Why we no longer have influence in Africa talk less of the world.

Are we now positioning ourselves as receiver of aid from ECOWAS?

This is like a very rich billionaire business man collecting his share of church donations handed out to the poor and destitute in his village.

And we wonder why we have no respect within Africa like we had in during the days of Buhari and Abacha?

Do you realise that there are probably dozens of politicians in our corrupt system with enough looted money to single handedly deal with the flood emergency?

Obasanjo by himself has looted close to $200billion .

Must we continue to degrade and humiliate ourselves on a daily basis undecided
Re: ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. by sunkoye: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
Only peanuts will get to the flood victims...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti: Plan To Subvert Justice By Dasuki, Adoke Uncovered - Sahara Reporters / Why Did Nzeogwu Never Tell Obasunjo About The Coup He Was Planning? / See The Church Poster Spotted In Abuja That Has Got People Talking(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.