Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 (7397 Views)

The World’s Largest Gay Mass Wedding Holds In Brazil [photos] / United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World / 'South Africa Could Be Big Oil Producer' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by UncleJJ(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Boys , American can never become the largest oil producer, its just a game.

Its the best way to maintain control and drive prices down.

America owes too much money, if it will achieve this...it needs more money !

Besides, America is already the largest consumer, becoming the largest producer means it become an even larger consumer.

Oil prices will fall for a few years and rise to the mutherfucking skies, cos it capitalist that own the oil and its the same capitalist that own America.

Nigeria has nothing to fear, but if this happens.. The north will have move into agriculture and fresh water preservation.

In reality, the real problem America will have in the future is food and water.

That country desperately needs allies with vast fertile lands and fresh water supplies.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by Ejine(m): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
honeric01:

The story in a nutshell. i believe you are praying for this just as i am praying for it. OIL has not added 1% to my well-being and i pray for its irrelevance.

I swear to God! cool
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by KayDee4: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
thelastPope: I told all the foolish Obama supporters on here that he was not different from Bush. Those Nigerian eediots retweeting four more years are applauding their enemy. They don't know what's coming. Smh!

Lol !!! Comments like this from you don't surprise me anymore. It's the US and Obama's fault again.
Don't you think it's time for us to dust ourselves up and plan ahead instead of blaming other countries for Nigeria's woes and misery.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by manny4life(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
UncleJJ: Boys , American can never become the largest oil producer, its just a game.

Its the best way to maintain control and drive prices down.

America owes too much money, if it will achieve this...it needs more money !

Besides, America is already the largest consumer, becoming the largest producer means it become an even larger consumer.

Oil prices will fall for a few years and rise to the mutherfucking skies, cos it capitalist that own the oil and its the same capitalist that own America.

Nigeria has nothing to fear, but if this happens.. The north will have move into agriculture and fresh water preservation.

In reality, the real problem America will have in the future is food and water.

That country desperately needs allies with vast fertile lands and fresh water supplies.

They may never be the largest oil producer, but their consumption is likely to reduce, shoot it's already started. U.S. Oil Companies are reducing their purchase gradually. Look at records from last year or so, it does not lie.

Exactly. They want to be a major player to continue the domination of the Almighty $$$$.

So what they owe too much money? You're not really serious to mean they need too much money to achieve this? Lol.... You need to wake up. The process is in the making, although money is needed, but definitely not in the trillions they owe.

Oil prices are falling, before you know it, oil will be a less commodity that supply will be greater than demand. Oil consumption across the world is reducing as many are turning into greener initiatives, don't be caught unawares.

Nigeria has a lot to fear - we have no savings, no infrastructures, a lot is missing. When Nigeria doesn't sell in one day, or doesn't meet her quota, Nigerians are in serious trouble because about 70% of her budget comes from oil sales.

I believe America has arable lands as well. FL and other southern states have wonderful land for to grow fruits "naturally". CA on the other hands is the hub for ALL agricultural products that's shipped to the North/East. America barely imports agricultural products or food, it has more than enough land for agriculture, and water bodies, so your theory isn't really accurate IMO.

1 Like

Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by topazjosh(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
thank God o,just few years to now if that news is real though i heard sometimes ago too but will that lead to increase or massive reduction of oil domestically i mean here in nigeria?
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by topazjosh(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
+is there any hope for bitumen exportation as the situation is now?
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by akpanbaba: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
So,corruption will die slowly in nigeria by 2017
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by jpphilips(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
honeric01:

I think America is our biggest market, once they become the biggest producer, then how can we sell our curse to them?

who told you?
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by jpphilips(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
IceDude: Shuo! How come na? I think say dem nor get oil b4

they have always had just in shale formations which advancement in technology has made it possible for them to produce in commercial quantities. Texas oil field is as old as your father, the ding dong guaranteed its sustainability.

men!! American oil fields sounds scary.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:

They may never be the largest oil producer, but their consumption is likely to reduce, shoot it's already started. U.S. Oil Companies are reducing their purchase gradually. Look at records from last year or so, it does not lie.

Exactly. They want to be a major player to continue the domination of the Almighty $$$$.

So what they owe too much money? You're not really serious to mean they need too much money to achieve this? Lol.... You need to wake up. The process is in the making, although money is needed, but definitely not in the trillions they owe.

Oil prices are falling, before you know it, oil will be a less commodity that supply will be greater than demand. Oil consumption across the world is reducing as many are turning into greener initiatives, don't be caught unawares.

Nigeria has a lot to fear - we have no savings, no infrastructures, a lot is missing. When Nigeria doesn't sell in one day, or doesn't meet her quota, Nigerians are in serious trouble because about 70% of her budget comes from oil sales.

I believe America has arable lands as well. FL and other southern states have wonderful land for to grow fruits "naturally". CA on the other hands is the hub for ALL agricultural products that's shipped to the North/East. America barely imports agricultural products or food, it has more than enough land for agriculture, and water bodies, so your theory isn't really accurate IMO.

On the contrary, oil consumption is reducing due to the gloomy economics rather than deliberate attempts to reduce consumptions. Fossil fuels still remain the cheapest source of energy. All forms of green energy are are still heavily subsidized by government to make them attractive to consumers. Once global economy improves, oil consumption will pick up again.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by basher(m): 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
It will be early 80s all over again, when north sea oil came on stream. Cue massive devaluation of naira, austerity measures, ban on importation of most things, music industry wiped out,.. Military?
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
basher: It will be early 80s all over again, when north sea oil came on stream. Cue massive devaluation of naira, austerity measures, ban on importation of most things, music industry wiped out,.. Military?

That was due to the fallout of the Mid east crisis in the 70s rather than North sea coming on stream.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by basher(m): 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
naijababe:

That was due to the fallout of the Mid east crisis in the 70s rather than North sea coming on stream.

U r correct. North sea played a part though.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by Seemyfather(m): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2012
IceDude: Shuo! How come na? I think say dem nor get oil b4

Funny you. That was then nao. But now dem don get enough so tay dem com even get enough to dey supply outsiders by 2017.

Me I just pray sey make all my Delta State people wakes up before our Nigerian goverment drain our God given oil finish o!
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by nzeaji(m): 7:51am On Nov 14, 2012
A wise government has what is called "strategic reserves". Thats what the U.S. has. They save their own oil and buy from the so called oil rich countries. There is that possibility that they (and possibly Canada, with their large oil sands reserve) , could become the largest producers or at least have the largest oil reserves in years to come. Good for them. In Naija, no time to plan ahead. All we look at is the 'now'.
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by playboy19(m): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2012
You know its funny how Nigerians think and how everyone on here keep saying "warning to our politicians". Like seriously, warning to them? No, it's warning to you the youth. Most of these politicians have looted enough to go round their generations while you and i are still hustling hard to survive.

Come to think of it, should the oil dry up today, we the poor are doomed, cos the politicians have enough capital to diversify individually but what have we got? Nothing... So it's high time we started holding these people accountable OR find a way to make it from the industry or anyhow before things go worse than it presently is. My 2 cent #UseUrBrain
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
PREPARE TO SEE SOUTH AFRICA CELEBRATING OIL DISCOVERY SOON(official statement its a crysecret just like Russia that kept it a secret to reveal their diamonds trillion dollar wealth).Namibia has started rigging its OIL. Namibia has 16 BILLION BARRELS of oil recently the researchers have found out that have 50 billion barrels of oil their rocks formations are similar to Brazil. While Falkland Islands near Argentina have discovered 60 billion barrels of oil their rock formations are similar to West Coast of South Africa. Here the link to SA contigent oil=30billion barrels.

http://www.energy.gov.za/files/IEP/presentations/OilandGasReservesInSA_30March2012.pdf
Re: US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
SOUTH AFRICA will join in with our SHALE GAS wink ranked 5th in the world. We're going GREEN.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama To Reveal Isis Strategy – But Pledges 'no Iraq War' - The guardian / PHOTOS: Ugandan Police Search Women To Their Pants Before Entering Stadium / Bill Clinton Dying Of AIDS (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.