Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? (8042 Views)

Truth About Sports Betting / The Truth About Sports Betting / 5 Things BETCLIQ Can Teach About Sports BET (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by SeeWhy(f): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ lurid guy,

"Point 2. The minimum amount spent on watching soccer at a game zone is 40 naira wile at a pub its 80 while the minimum amount in taking an average babe to joints/eateries is 350."

Which babe do u take out and spend 350 naira on? last time i checked even chicken / fish costs about 450 at fast

foods,

So i think you should have described your "average babe" or better still explained your idea of joints/eateries, so we

can flow better with your gist cool
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by smarta(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2008
Well, i dont expect ladies out there 2 undastand, somethings are just meant to b d way dey are, men and sports, is like dogs and bones, it cant b explained
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by BTT(m): 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2008
2 say I dont like sports will simply nail me. Except of course u don't consider wrestlin (WWE) a sport.

I 8 d idea of guys runnin helter-skelter, argue debate, throw punches, including chairs, skip responsibilities, disregard their love-life. . . because of a jaded game!

Fanaticism. . . C what d word is doin with suicide bombers.

Love ur sport, but rever ur personality.

One love
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by nazzyon(m): 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2008
I see sports as a way of staying alive.

Cos am an adrenalin junky
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by youngmill(m): 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2008
It not all men that are passionate about sport, but some do. Some woman do too,
And won't use the word crazy, would use the word like. Can't say why but
it comes naturally. I have being supporting Liverpool fc for over 20year, been to lot of
games including the greatest final of all time in Istanbul. Have seen my team win basically
everything you can, and that gives me joy, that filling i can not describe except you really
into this. Also you have the bad times, eg last year champion league final, haven't won the
league since change to premier league. My point is you either love it or you don't.    
                                      YOU NEVER WALK ALONE
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by trueluva(f): 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2008
What is the reason why men like sports.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by dee02(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2008
why are women so crazy about money and koko?!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by 2ceSharp(m): 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2008
Men love sports simply because they are wired to exercise their energies for three main things, for sustenance, for procreation and for fun, each within its own time. its part of our being. If you see a guy that doesn't love sports of any kind, be it even the simpler or more prestigous ones like golf or cricket, then investigate further, an incident in his childhood or something is wrong with him, !

finally why do men love sport? same answer to question - why do women love shopping?
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Gbosko: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2008
Men like Sports this much because they hate developing flabby belly, "ororbo arse", and slippers breasts like women!! grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2008
i didnt play with dolls when i was a kid and i don't know of any boy who did, so as long as i'm male some things just go with the territory like sports
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by davidif: 3:57am On Feb 08, 2008
@nyabinghi
God bless you for your comments jare.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2008
@ poster

sista, the answer to your question is very natural. it is something about the design and color of the "Y" chromosome grin grin grin grin grin

the "X" chromosome is pinkish and runs too quickly to fertilize, so they don't evenly develop and end up with a pair of big front guns and two massive back balloons. but the "Y" chromosome is thicker and heavier and definitely not pinkish in color. it takes its time to learn the environment and get evenly developed by bumping into lots of traffic, building necessary stamina, learning the value of competition as it reaches the target. the implication, a male child comes out trying to fight karate with the nurses and doctors at the first breath of air before being handed back to the mother. most mothers will tell u that male children kick the most in the womb cool cool cool cool

so i hope this little biology lesson helped u understand our natural crave for competition (AKA sports) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by opokonwa(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2008
@na2day

You've got some creativity bros grin grin grin grin

And even as fictitiously interesting as your story sounds, it makes some sense. cool

[size=16pt]MOST MEN HAVE GOT JUST TOO MUCH ENERGY THAT IT NEEDS AN OUTLET[/size].

Then comes the saviour:

[size=50pt]SPORTS!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 8:26am On Feb 08, 2008
thats my story and i am sticking to it wink wink wink wink

opokonwa:

@na2day

You've got some creativity bros grin grin grin grin

And even as fictitiously interesting as your story sounds, it makes some sense. cool

[size=16pt]MOST MEN HAVE GOT JUST TOO MUCH ENERGY THAT IT NEEDS AN OUTLET[/size].

Then comes the saviour:

[size=50pt]SPORTS!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by ibrahiem(m): 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2008
cuz da ladies are now considered as nuisance.being a sports freak is better than a woman's nagging
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by A40(m): 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2008
Its a natural thingy its like asking me why a monkey likes banana
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by blackracle(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2008
i am not really a freak for sports.i only try to enjoy the game for the moment.i still dont understand why other men are so crazy about it.i call them fanatics.it's not only in this country you find peoples so crazy about sports,it's all over the world.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by menix(m): 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2008
Hmmmm, Y wont we refer to sport when if we are krazy about women we are called woman Wrapper, we are krazy about our work we are called Workaholic now, crazy about food we are called grub. which one u dey,
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by papilonow(m): 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ Jesoul hi
Let me start by asking you this question . cool

Is your boyfriend or husband addicted to football or any order sport ?

IF YES  (NO WONDER YOU ARE COMPLAINING) wink
IF NO (GET USED TO IT) wink

BECAUSE FOR ''SOME'' GUYS FOOTBALL IS THEIR SECOND LOVE,
AND IF YOU DARE TO distract his attention from it   lipsrsealed
WEll (goodluck).
sign out
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2008
bro, where do u live in down town?

A-40:

Its a natural thingy its like asking me why a monkey likes banana
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Loveniger(m): 10:31am On Feb 09, 2008
Men love for sport is due to our hormone, we can't help it.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Loveniger(m): 10:34am On Feb 09, 2008
Men love for sport is due to our hormone, we can't help it.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by olatee01: 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2008
women, life, work and many more. as many women who take fashion, make up, lookin gud and been able to impress passionately thats how we men take sports. its more of a relief from all the stress from a life in general. wink
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by omobizle(m): 2:59am On Feb 10, 2008
i guess i have a differnt view on that, i am not passionate bout no sport at all. im just me.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by ephi(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2008
I think it's just natural. Something to do with the adrenaline rush. Besides, we love competition.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by jerseygurl(f): 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2008
ephi:

I think it's just natural. Something to do with the adrenaline rush. Besides, we love competition.
u're right but i tink it it has 2 do wit da androgens dat cause the development of male sex characteristics, such as a deep voice, beard and maybe their passion 4 games n sum otha dumb shit,
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by jerseygurl(f): 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2008
i get turn on by a guy dat loves sport, but when dey chose 2 watch football over ma romantic dinner hell breaks lose, angry
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2008
u can't eat ur cake and have it sweet heart grin grin grin grin

jerseygurl:

i get turn on by a guy that loves sport, but when dey chose 2 watch football over ma romantic dinner hell breaks lose, angry
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 14, 2008
lmao, i'm not a soccer freak though. WOULD U MARRY ME grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by JeSoul(f): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2008
so far the reasons I've gotten include:

1. It is in your genes

2. Sports is a means of relaxation

3. Sports is better than women becos it is cheaper

4. I don't know

5. You love competition

6. It's a masculine thing, it brings out the real "man" in a man

hmmmm. . . . . .I guess it must be in ur genes but I also suspect it a nuture thing too. Like the fanaticism and passion and madness passed down from men generation to men generation smiley. . . u no think so?
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Gamine(f): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2008
Better Sports than Women o!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by JeSoul(f): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2008
Gamine:

Better Sports than Women o!
ahh no way oh Gamine!
What can sports do for a man that a woman can't?
But I can tell you what a woman can do for a man that sports can never come close to doing. . . cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting / Nigeria Draws 0-0 With Cameroon In Women's Olympic Football Qualifier / Talking Tennis: Roland Garros Kicks Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.