Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? (7880 Views)

Truth About Sports Betting / The Truth About Sports Betting / 5 Things BETCLIQ Can Teach About Sports BET (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Gamine(f): 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2008
@JeSoul

I mean,

Better a man is passionate about sports than women cool

Better he has sports to occupy his mind than women cool

So he wld have ONLY me and His sport grin,
not me and Some spotted gals! angry
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by JeSoul(f): 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
Gamine:

@JeSoul

I mean,

Better a man is passionate about sports than women cool

Better he has sports to occupy his mind than women cool

So he would have ONLY me and His sport grin,
in that case I am 1000% with you! grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Gamine(f): 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
Yesszz ooo!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 6:25am On Feb 15, 2008
give me an example wink wink wink wink

JeSoul:

ahh no way oh Gamine!
What can sports do for a man that a woman can't?
But I can tell you what a woman can do for a man that sports can never come close to doing. . . cool
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by OpeLovely(f): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
It shows that their dominant genes like Testesterone is flowing and working perfectly.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Gamine(f): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
@Ope

Good for them then smiley
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 12:49am On Feb 16, 2008
thank u jareee

OpeLovely:

It shows that their dominant genes like Testesterone is flowing and working perfectly.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by soulamanne(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2008
soccer most especially!it is my best way of gettin my worries out.with women u get more worried but soccer+ur hommies+drinks+yarns=fun!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Vieira(m): 11:46am On Feb 16, 2008
I have read somewhere that man has substituted team sports for tribal warfare. In the past people of Ibadan would go around fighting other lowly towns.

This tribal warfare is what men all around the war have used to impose themselves on others.

Now more and more we now identify with a team and they are our new tribes who he show allegiance to and give our emotions to.

How many times have I stepped in to help an Arsenal fan for only the reason that he supports Arsenal! He could be a total jackass for all I know!

I remember the brazilian wife who decided to turn off the TV during a world cup final while the hubby was watching. May she rest in peace. 17 floors is long way to fall o!

Have you seen what happens when some teams win that yeye stanley cup? na real riot o! almost like a pillaging army.

Men are just wired that way, it subverts aggression and allows us to feel suprerior to others.

Now its time to put on my Arsenal top and go and abuse some Man U fans.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by sirwebs(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2008
Sport is the new religion. The opium of the people.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by 4Play(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2008
Gamine:

@JeSoul

I mean,

[b]Better a man is passionate about sports than women cool

Better he has sports to occupy his mind than women [/b]cool

So he would have ONLY me and His sport grin,

What are you talking about? Most men have more than enough room in their hearts for sports and women.The 2 passions are not incompatible.

Vieira:

Men are just wired that way, it subverts aggression and allows us to feel suprerior to others.
Now its time to put on my Arsenal top and go and abuse some Manchester United fans.

Seriously,Arsenal fans are bastards. . . . . .every single one of them.Hating them is only natural,its not misplaced aggression
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by jgirl3: 5:10am On Feb 17, 2008
See, I've always asked myself this question.

You guys don't even know the crap I go through especially during Superbowl (thank God the Brady was put to shame). Imagine having 7 guys in a room during sports - you can't talk if not they will start acting as if you committed abomination.

Don't get me wrong - I can watch Sports all day long (b-ball, baseball, golf and all those things) but guys are just too into it as in - they can kill you if you dare utter a word during some sports.
4 Play:

What are you talking about? Most men have more than enough room in their hearts for sports and women.The 2 passions are not incompatible.
Excuse me?!!!! Men have more room for sports than women.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by kenosky: 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2008
hmmm undecided! interesting, but i'm sure the poster misinterpreted the craze for premiership football every weekend across viewing centres in Lagos and beyond as a passion for sports ! Sports, my dear, is a lot more diverse than just football! Have u heard about bowling, painting, ice skating? lipsrsealed Dont be surprised yet shocked Did u know that Chess, Scrabble, Sudoku and our own Ayo (God bless our anscestors) are equally sports that women are also passionately crazy (sorry i borrowed your word) about? Abeg, though i no b like that seabiotics (what was all that rubbish about pathetic deprecation of manhood and gladiator pits? Mind u Brady and his dog fights is a sport widely condemned world wide- thats not sports!) who drivelled about how sports was abhorent (d guy is probably basking in Hitlers Nazi era what with his fixation of Nietsche, abeg grow up!), i beg to tell u that the female species of the Homo sapien are equally about sports! grin   
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by sydriq(m): 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2008
Sports is our own way of being competitive.
It is a breathe of fresh air and being passionately Crazy is evidence that we are alive and believe in who we support whether it is clapping event and the real deal.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Banderas(m): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2008
Same reason that women like weddings I guess
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 3:37am On Feb 18, 2008
u mean same way girls and their girlfriends will almost chew a guy out if he is not in support of her buying a new jewelry, dress, shoe etc. why do girls force their guys to go shopping with them at those silly malls?

j-girl:

See, I've always asked myself this question.

You guys don't even know the crap I go through especially during Superbowl (thank God the Brady was put to shame). Imagine having 7 guys in a room during sports - you can't talk if not they will start acting as if you committed abomination.

Don't get me wrong - I can watch Sports all day long (b-ball, baseball, golf and all those things) but guys are just too into it as in - they can kill you if you dare utter a word during some sports. Excuse me?!!!! Men have more room for sports than women.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by jgirl3: 3:45am On Feb 18, 2008
No No nooooo! You cannot compare shopping to sports. The guys sit in front of a tv and yell at the players as if they can hear them. Although I do that as well, i am not as bad as that. In their case, they take it to the extreme. Shopping - we actually get something out of it that we CAN use in the future.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 3:54am On Feb 18, 2008
really? thats news to me. u get something out of shopping? i learn something new everyday. well, guys, we get alot out of sports, same way we get alot of out gaming. it is a mystery that is only revealed to those that have a "Y" chromosome. i have revealed too much to u already. grin grin grin grin grin

j-girl:

No No nooooo! You cannot compare shopping to sports. The guys sit in front of a tv and yell at the players as if they can hear them. Although I do that as well, i am not as bad as that. In their case, they take it to the extreme. Shopping - we actually get something out of it that we CAN use in the future.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by jgirl3: 3:58am On Feb 18, 2008
na2day?:

really? thats news to me. u get something out of shopping? i learn something new everyday. well, guys, we get alot out of sports, same way we get alot of out gaming. it is a mystery that is only revealed to those that have a "Y" chromosome. i have revealed too much to u already. grin grin grin grin grin

LOL! Of course we do. We go shopping - we get things that make us look good enough wink for our men to be proud of. I don't see how gaming and watching sports improve the relationship btw men and women smiley. At least men don't have to compete for women's attention when it comes to shopping because we actually have to leave the house for that.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Vieira(m): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2008
na2day?:

u mean same way girls and their girlfriends will almost chew a guy out if he is not in support of her buying a new jewelry, dress, shoe etc. why do girls force their guys to go shopping with them at those silly malls?

Go shopping with a woman?? Never!!

I have learnt my lesson with that one, me and my wife will always end up in a blazing row if we shop together.

Even ordinary Tesco shopping we cannot do together.

The worst thing my woman does at times is when I avoid trying to know any scoreline and when it is time for highlights on match of the day, just as I am settling to watch the games and pretend it is live, she will just say some foolishness like "Arsenal lost 2-1"

arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by hammers(m): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
less time 4 gossips
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by ayobase(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2008
football occurs almost everyday
one becomes addicted to everyday
affairs when one is interested.

many points have been raised
we watch football everyday and
it has become our culture.

look at premier league,
almost 400 games a season.

guys love football right from day one
even football has become the major avenue
in making international relationships.

being crazy about football REALLY depends SHA.
some could do anythinbg when their team loses.

What is the meaning of fans?
FANATICS!!!
I aint a football fanatic,but a lover.
i love to see my team wins everytime,
but what do i do when we lose?

Football is what guys discuss everyday.
just as ladies discuss their poloma and diego!!

u have to be updated if u want to be reckon
with in discussing football.
at this point of getting updated,
u become addicted.

and u become crazy about football, SOCCER!!!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by mellow(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2008
The passion I can understant but the fanatism?[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Teriba(m): 6:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
What JeSoul is describing here is a form of addiction. One of my friends once told me that I tended to go down in his estimation whenever I talked about going to a sporting event. My reply then was the same as what Gamine posted here. I simply had to draw his attention to the fact that he was the most womanising friend I`ve ever had. So I think watching sports on TV or going to the stadium to watch a football match is not the most damaging addiction in this world.
To the ladies that find this type of addiction annoying, let us know what your own addictions are, please.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by NeoBlack(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2008
grin Soccer for me is so important thing in my life, i cant afford to loose any Premier, La liga, UEFA, Scottish, L1, L2, Master Cup, Seria A. and love it so much.

(NEO)
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 2:37am On Feb 20, 2008
sports makes us look good for u girls to admire those biceps, stamina etc. as for the gaming part, i call it natural intelligence grin grin grin grin

Vieira:

Go shopping with a woman?? Never!!

I have learnt my lesson with that one, me and my wife will always end up in a blazing row if we shop together.

Even ordinary Tesco shopping we cannot do together.

The worst thing my woman does at times is when I avoid trying to know any scoreline and when it is time for highlights on match of the day, just as I am settling to watch the games and pretend it is live, she will just say some foolishness like "Arsenal lost 2-1"

arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by jgirl3: 4:01am On Feb 20, 2008
na2day?:

sports makes us look good for u girls to admire those biceps, stamina etc. as for the gaming part, i call it natural intelligence grin grin grin grin

Ummmm, that's what the gym is for and not the tv. Playing is not a problem but when they are sitting around the house yelling at a tv - the only thing that you're working out is your mouth.
Gaming and intelligence have a inverse relationship. The more the gaming (especially soccer games), the less intelligent you get.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 6:59am On Feb 20, 2008
now how will u know that. do u know that very good gamers make good programmers because of the logic? alot of my friends and i game alot and most a great programmers. so good gaming is intelligence. now as for the working of the mouth, it is our way of avoiding girly gossips grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by tifiny(f): 9:30am On Feb 20, 2008
I think Men are sweet, innocent babies, who love the chase so much n luv 2 b challenged.
With sports, you can bet they are in control and tend 2 experience emptiness n freedom;they have this 'Im in charge' feeling with sports.
They are generally competitive in nature. And truth is, they really do not know why they do most of what they do at times. Thats simply the way they are. They dont seem to make much sense most times too. They are just like babies.
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Ghenghis(m): 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
I agree with @opokonwa

There's something in men that draws them out ,

Somewhere to channel their aggression ,

something that give them a spirit of brotherhood ,

You'd notice that all these things are common in certain animals , they move in packs --- I'm talking about wolves

I think men have this nature and rooting for a team, joining the army or armed forces gives an outlet for this nature.

Sports also give us quick,heady feelings of victory ever so often , something that might be missing from everyday life ,

Arsenal, Man U ,Barca etc. fans get to celebrate victory every week!

Sunderland,Upton etc. get to believe in something , they can crush Man U or Arsenal, a David Vs. Goliath epic.

All these things are possible in sport if not real life , A Guy can live a fulfilled life in this kind of world, he can be happy ,

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but imagine the promise passed on from generation to generation -- "You'll never walk alone" , these things are spiritual

and a person that knows how to channel these kind of emotions into everyday life won't do badly either grin
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by Gamine(f): 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2008
Ye!

this is deep ooh!

Sport is Spiritual!
Re: Why Are Men So Passionately Crazy About Sports? by na2day2(m): 3:19am On Feb 21, 2008
thank u for telling us how guys see girls; its so true that most things u girls say and do dont make sense but we just accommodate u girls anywayz grin grin grin

tifiny:

I think Men are sweet, innocent babies, who love the chase so much n love 2 b challenged.
With sports, you can bet they are in control and tend 2 experience emptiness n freedom;they have this 'I'm in charge' feeling with sports.
They are generally competitive in nature. And truth is, they really do not know why they do most of what they do at times. Thats simply the way they are. They don't seem to make much sense most times too. They are just like babies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fabled Nigeria Vs India Match: Everything You Need To Know / Dolphins Vs Shooting Stars ( 1 - 0) On 21st March 2013 / Olympics Basketball: Nigeria Loses Third Straight Game, Beaten 87-96 By Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.