Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,336 members, 7,957,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" (15997 Views)

Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2012

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Ayoobscom(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
Lack of fear of God
for God takes serious every promises we make ignorantly we trivialize and call it smartness

LA TAKRABU SHINNA

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by lolaluv1(f): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
blandish: I totally agree with you....I met a guy and one week later he was already referring to me as MRS :::::::::::. and talking about our unborn children blah blah blah......he was not interested in knowing me tho...or even been friends with me first (friends first so that the so called married will not be based solely on pillow talk but on true freindship). My guess is that he thought by calling me mrs and talking about children that I will gladly open my toto....TUFIYAKWA!!!!!!

When he saw that there was no way he could wak this puni....he bailed out.

Expecially Yoruba guys in london.....they meet you today morning, there lyrics is that they wanna marry you today evening...I have met 3 like that now and it is very annoying and disgusting and a total insult on my intelligence.

GIRLS KNOW AND RESPECT YOURSELF....OR YOU WILL END UP SELLING YOUR GROUNDNUT TO EVERYONE AND YET NO GENUINE MARRIAGE OFFER!!!

GUYS HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH THIS FREE TOTO EVERYWHERE THAT THEY NO LONGER HAVE RESPECT FOR WOMEN!!! MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW

Very true.
Yoruba guys really love tripping chicks with 'Iyawo mi'.grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
Nigerian men are the most weird species of male.

I stopped taking anything romantic they say seriously cool

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by MAYOWAAK: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
Agege Bread is the most popular bread in Lagos and major parts of Nigeria. The cheapest bread for the citizens...

Some white ladies are seen here also trying to buy Agege bread...

Agege Bread get international recognition be that O...lol

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by a1solution: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
This one na funny thread o.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by sleekdot(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
The more succesful you are the more you realize most women are useless even the so called succesful ones.

When you live in a one bedroom apartment in ajangbadi you would think its the poor girls that are useless that the Lekki and Shell ones are good but when you have money and access to all type of girls you would realise they are all the same

Because of your success you also wonder what a particular woman would offer you. if its just pusssy and kids then everyone can do that and its not something you are starved of. Your taste gets higher and you keep picking and dropping until you see that one!!!

6 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by coogar: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
blandish: I totally agree with you....I met a guy and one week later he was already referring to me as MRS :::::::::::. and talking about our unborn children blah blah blah......he was not interested in knowing me tho...or even been friends with me first (friends first so that the so called married will not be based solely on pillow talk but on true freindship). My guess is that he thought by calling me mrs and talking about children that I will gladly open my toto....TUFIYAKWA!!!!!!

Expecially Yoruba guys in london...they meet you today morning, there lyrics is that they wanna marry you today evening...I have met 3 like that now and it is very annoying and disgusting and a total insult on my intelligence.

GIRLS KNOW AND RESPECT YOURSELF....OR YOU WILL END UP SELLING YOUR GROUNDNUT TO EVERYONE AND YET NO GENUINE MARRIAGE OFFER!!!

GUYS HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH THIS FREE TOTO EVERYWHERE THAT THEY NO LONGER HAVE RESPECT FOR WOMEN!!! MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW

i beg your pardon...
yoruba guys in london did what?
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
packman:

[size=20pt]YOUR QUESTION IS SO DUMB & POINT OF CORRECTION NOT ALL SUCCESSFUL MEN.....MAY BE THE SUCCESSFUL MEN YOU MINGLE WITH...
LIKE EMEKA AND WALE....

EVERY MAN WITH HIS CHARACTER.........[/size]

fine, I respect ur comment and opinion so i would ask u to do the same and respect mine. I asked a simple question based on the a handful of my unmarried friends. I don't need to be insulted, or told my question is dumb (sorry if the question offended u, but I stand by my question). Or would u call my guy Emeka dumb for saying he doesn't know why he can't find Ms right. I would advice u just give ur comment and try not to insult anyone along the line. We have to really mature up in NL and know not every honest question demands an insult. Pls keep the comments coming. If Emeka happens to read this thread, I hope he takes it as well as it was meant (a worried friend).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
chaircover: Funny enough but men too get left on the shelf and one fine bright morning wale and emeka will wake up and rush to the registry with one of the ugliest and the one that has the worst personality of all their girlfriends . . . . .

. . . . . . . so Dr noel dont worry yourself; they are only sampling until they loose Miss right in the process and One day one day you will get an invite to their wedding wink

maybe u are right but how do u explain wale always insisting I accompany him to his numerous blind dates (or do u think he is trying to abuse my patience) or Emeka being Emeka (sorry but I have said too much about Emeka and hope he doesn't see through the smoke screen).
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by maclatunji: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ayoobscom: Lack of fear of God
for God takes serious every promises we make ignorantly we trivialize and call it smartness

LA TAKRABU SHINNA

LOL. SHINNA? Don't let Shina Peters catch you. You mean Zina.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by SELFWORTH: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Batam: Not all successful men have this problem. It's an individual attitude which is based on lust & indecision. I have a friend that is 38 and yet to find miss right anytime we chat he will tell me of one girl that he just met and when asked some other time He will give one excuse or the other and will tell me about new girl on ground. Mind you, he's not a richman yet.

He probably does not know what he is looking for. No two individuals are the same and to choose right you need the grace of God. The perfect wife or husband is yet to be born. The bible gives good guidance about finding a helper but many are looking for money, looks, , fairness, good job, UK/US citizen and all sorts . Once they get married, they realise its another kettle entirely.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by SELFWORTH: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
sleekdot: The more succesful you are the more you realize most women are useless even the so called succesful ones.When you live in a one bedroom apartment in ajangbadi you would think its the poor girls that are useless that the Lekki and Shell ones are good but when you have money and access to all type of girls you would realise they are all the same
Because of your success you also wonder what a particular woman would offer you. if its just pusssy and kids then everyone can do that and its not something you are starved of. Your taste gets higher and you keep picking and dropping until you see that one!!!

Ugh. Pure Gutter all the way. the attitude, language and mind.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
For me, am just trying to be careful to avoid marrying a bad woman. Moreover some girls just love your money but dont want you as a person.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
Godman_n: It takes intelligence to be successful and these sharp guys see enough of the lies and fakes that abounds in dating.

You are right. In addition to that, bad girls are the ones that will be proposing marriage to you when your mind never go there. Good ones(and or virgins) will tell you they arent ready to settle down. It is just crazy looking for a wife. When you eventually get one you like, your family will come up with their own likes/dislikes, tribe and other considerations.

Nna mehn, dis tin hard pass JAMB.

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
12 inches!:

Like this babe I told I would marry just to knack am. She actually believes me. Do I even look like someone who looks ready to marry. I dey knack I'm steady. She wan get bele for me to seal the deal. But I cnt marry her. She wants to move in with me.

Your reward dey sha!

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Etumgbe(m): 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
'I'll marry u' is meant for those claiming hard to get girls

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by claremont(m): 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
Let's also not forget to blame the gullible ladies who fall for this as well. I told her 'I will marry her', she BELIEVED me and we BOTH had s-ex which we BOTH enjoyed; I don't see any moral crime being committed here. Life is good! grin
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Harmonyemerald(f): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
Okija_juju: ... Simple The more money a man/woman makes, the more skanks, whores, gold diggers, low lifers and opportunists they attract to themselves.. When they find the right person, they will settle down.. Until then, na to dey test all wey croos their paths..

Thats why its better to date a person before the wealth starts coming in..

you mustn't really have to be poor to date but one mistake guys do is flaunting their so called wealth around, when they do this, they attract the artificial gold-digging types, men should learn to limit their expectations, rich guys always go for the flashy, artificial ladies who will be like a trophy to show off to their friends, when a guy is surrounded by this kind of girls, how does he expect to get the 'good wify material' that he seeks. cut down on the number of girls with brazillian hair, bb, iphone, colour blocking clothes and the rest of them, from their appearance alone, a wise man can tell a lot about a lady, the flashy ones needs cash to continue looking flashy

8 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by slimyem: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
How about the ones that don't particularly say the I WILL MARRY YOU words but leave hints all around and act all serious to the letter only to suddenly do a reverse and start acting funny for no just cause
What goes on in their minds too??
I would really like to know.....

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
GboyegaD:

Lack of understanding and improper orientation of what life and marriage is about.

Best and most meaningful response on this so far. Wealth or no-wealth means nothing in this case. You can find many poor Nigerian men who do exactly the same, promise all the girls in the village marriage only to bale at the end of the day. It is not that these individuals do not want to commit, but sounds more like they don't know what they are actually in need of except that they want to get marriage. You can dangle the best wife-material in front of them and they will still not say "yes" at the end of the day because they are not themselves sure what it they need to get marriage and what it takes for them to.

Many of the men you described seem not to know what they want to begin with. Their promising every girl marriage is likely born out of insecurity - -- they feel they will be rejected or dumped if they do not promise that so it is their way of 'HOLDING ON' to the girl or woman in question.

Maybe you should suggest counselling to your friends. They likely have deep-seated issues they need to deal with before they can make any real marriage decisions.

Commitment-phobia is one thing but from my experience, Nigerians do not typically have that issue so let us not be quick to label everyone who is indecisive commitment-phobic.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by slex(m): 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=pauloman]

This the answer
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by hotwax: 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
Meanwhile, I am still single and searching. Single ladies in the house. Where you at? Serious ones please.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
May be these men are looking for sparks of the heart.I'm not yet 30 but signing out of a marriage that happened because both of us have been together forever.The problems with mine wouldn't have been if only we loved each other like Lionel Richy sang about. It is always better to wait untill one finds the person that will make life and everything inherent worth it.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
naijathings: i have furked so many pussyies wey i no even remember d name of the owner seff and i never ever promised anyone marriage to furkk. love and marriage are words i dont say easily and i dont like to hear it anyhow either. i dont know why guys do that shiet. I used to have a pal that would even knee down and beg you and tell you all sorts of marriage talk just to furk. haba. me i no fit do that kain thin oh. i nova eva beg woman for toto seff or make promises if you no wan furk then no be by force. and how come seun forgot to censor "toto"

Crude as you are, I actually respect your straight shooting position. Make your intentions known from the start; those who want should do and those who don't can bounce.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by nbright: 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2012

Expecially Yoruba guys in london.....they meet you today morning, there lyrics is that they wanna marry you today evening...I have met 3 like that now and it is very annoying and disgusting and a total insult on my intelligence.

you RAW but you spoke the truth
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
moreeni: May be these men are looking for sparks of the heart.I'm not yet 30 but signing out of a marriage that happened because both of us have been together forever.The problems with mine wouldn't have been if only we loved each other like Lionel Richy sang about. It is always better to wait untill one finds the person that will make life and everything inherent worth it.

cry cry Hope you guys gave it a fair shot before pulling the plug? Sometimes, time helps the love to grow. Anyway I don't know your specific issues and I admit that there would be times where it is better to part ways sooner rather than later. Good luck to you.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by maclatunji: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
okpara ugo:

You are right. In addition to that, bad girls are the ones that will be proposing marriage to you when your mind never go there. Good ones(and or virgins) will tell you they arent ready to settle down. It is just crazy looking for a wife. When you eventually get one you like, your family will come up with their own likes/dislikes, tribe and other considerations.

Nna mehn, dis tin hard pass JAMB.

You no lie.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Cmeo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
I cannot blame ur friends. firstly, it could be that those girls are trying to play smart with ur friends becos my experience with Nigerian ladies are that they like multiple income stream. i.e. they may like to stick to other guys becos of what they will get. They like the sense of having a fiance who wont stop them from doing another parole.

It may also be ur friends are not extending much financial support to them as expected by those ladies becos i discover recently that most Nigerian women perfer to go for a very low income earners who give them cash or spend on them unconsciously to a rich banker/man with a promising life or more conscious spending.

No doubt, some typical 9ja woman will bash me, but me i no send.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by pak: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
maclatunji:

You no lie.

Et tu Tunji ? Don't tell me you also have issues.

Upon all your popularity on NL , I expected you to have done better.

With all these opportunities coming your way daily, don't tell me you've been missing the goal. wink
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by pak: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
moreeni: May be these men are looking for sparks of the heart.I'm not yet 30 but signing out of a marriage that happened because both of us have been together forever.The problems with mine wouldn't have been if only we loved each other like Lionel Richy sang about. It is always better to wait until one finds the person that will make life and everything inherent worth it.

Wow . . . .don't tell me you're getting a divorce.

Its your life, you make your calls but I'll urge to give this time and if possible pray over it.
Remember, life is not always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by dnawah(m): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
emilyone: fear of commitment!
they dont want to be stranded with just one punny for the rest of their life grin
anothe word 4 punny pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Women Who Don't Or Never Had Orgasm..... / Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? / 3-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.