Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" (15991 Views)

Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
How the f/u/c/k should I know
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by qplus(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
blandish: I totally agree with you....I met a guy and one week later he was already referring to me as MRS :::::::::::. and talking about our unborn children blah blah blah......he was not interested in knowing me tho...or even been friends with me first (friends first so that the so called married will not be based solely on pillow talk but on true freindship). My guess is that he thought by calling me mrs and talking about children that I will gladly open my toto....TUFIYAKWA!!!!!!

When he saw that there was no way he could wak this puni....he bailed out.

Expecially Yoruba guys in london.....they meet you today morning, there lyrics is that they wanna marry you today evening...I have met 3 like that now and it is very annoying and disgusting and a total insult on my intelligence.

GIRLS KNOW AND RESPECT YOURSELF....OR YOU WILL END UP SELLING YOUR GROUNDNUT TO EVERYONE AND YET NO GENUINE MARRIAGE OFFER!!!

GUYS HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH THIS FREE TOTO EVERYWHERE THAT THEY NO LONGER HAVE RESPECT FOR WOMEN!!! MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW
. say d truth o. Don't paint ur self white here
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by vanbonattel: 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
C me o: I cannot blame ur friends. firstly, it could be that those girls are trying to play smart with ur friends becos my experience with Nigerian ladies are that they like multiple income stream. i.e. they may like to stick to other guys becos of what they will get. They like the sense of having a fiance who wont stop them from doing another parole.

It may also be ur friends are not extending much financial support to them as expected by those ladies becos i discover recently that most Nigerian women perfer to go for a very low income earners who give them cash or spend on them unconsciously to a rich banker/man with a promising life or more conscious spending.

No doubt, some typical 9ja woman will bash me, but me i no send.

Your generalization of Nigerian women is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by maclatunji: 12:26am On Nov 15, 2012
pak:

Et tu Tunji ? Don't tell me you also have issues.

Upon all your popularity on NL , I expected you to have done better.

With all these opportunities coming your way daily, don't tell me you've been missing the goal. wink

I don't know about popularity, but I do know that finding/choosing a wife is a big decision for any man and there are several issues/factors to be considered if you want to get it right. Personally, I am not very bothered with where I am "relationship wise". It's extraneous variables that cause problems. God's guidance will see me through.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by coogar: 12:29am On Nov 15, 2012
maclatunji:

I don't know about popularity, but I do know that finding/choosing a wife is a big decision for any man and there are several issues/factors to be considered if you want to get it right. Personally, I am not very bothered with where I am "relationship wise". It's extraneous variables that cause problems. God's guidance will see me through.

what's so big-dealish in choosing a wife?
be friends with her, get to know her, talk to her.....love her!
what else?
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by maclatunji: 12:35am On Nov 15, 2012
coogar:

what else?

Ok, you just pick a random female and do all of the above? Wow! I must be foolish or something.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by coogar: 12:45am On Nov 15, 2012
maclatunji:

Ok, you just pick a random female and do all of the above? Wow! I must be foolish or something.

you can't be too careful and you cannot be too careless!
choosing a wife should not be as ambiguous like people make it to be. you already know what you want in a woman....go for your specs! explore what's in her head, if she meets your requirements then bingo! wetin remain?
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by lawizle(m): 12:59am On Nov 15, 2012
12 inches!:

Like this babe I told I would marry just to knack am. She actually believes me. Do I even look like someone who looks ready to marry. I dey knack I'm steady. She wan get bele for me to seal the deal. But I cnt marry her. She wants to move in with me.

Make we dey nak am 2geda bro.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 15, 2012
packman:

[size=20pt]YOUR QUESTION IS SO DUMB & POINT OF CORRECTION NOT ALL SUCCESSFUL MEN.....MAY BE THE SUCCESSFUL MEN YOU MINGLE WITH...
LIKE EMEKA AND WALE....

EVERY MAN WITH HIS CHARACTER.........[/size]

Some people don't need two chances before they start spilling grease from hollow gas-filled chambers called heads. Someone ask a question, a real one at that, and gets this sort of response.. *PATHETIC*

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Elise1: 2:11am On Nov 15, 2012
coogar:

there can only be two reasons

• your friends are still playing the field - even if they meet mother theresa right now, nothing would come out of it because they are simply not ready to walk the aisle with anyone yet.

• they are searching for the perfect woman - having slept with hundreds of them, they are lured into a false belief that there's a much better woman out there for them so they continue to search for her. the reason they promised marriage to the other ones is because that's the password to sleep with majority of naija babes! without the m-word, you are not touching their goldmine!

True talk, men like your friends I call them one chance.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Truckpusher(m): 4:28am On Nov 15, 2012
blandish: I totally agree with you....I met a guy and one week later he was already referring to me as MRS :::::::::::. and talking about our unborn children blah blah blah......he was not interested in knowing me tho...or even been friends with me first (friends first so that the so called married will not be based solely on pillow talk but on true freindship). My guess is that he thought by calling me mrs and talking about children that I will gladly open my toto....TUFIYAKWA!!!!!!

Expecially Yoruba guys in london.....they meet you today morning, there lyrics is that they wanna marry you today evening...I have met 3 like that now and it is very annoying and disgusting and a total insult on my intelligence.

GIRLS KNOW AND RESPECT YOURSELF....OR YOU WILL END UP SELLING YOUR GROUNDNUT TO EVERYONE AND YET NO GENUINE MARRIAGE OFFER!!!

GUYS HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH THIS FREE TOTO EVERYWHERE THAT THEY NO LONGER HAVE RESPECT FOR WOMEN!!! MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW
Chai!!! see as this Igbo girl they call toto like say na textbook name...no wonder igbo girls dey sell toto anyhow...mtcheeew *shakes my head and continues with my alomo and viju milk* after all Obama has won and GEJ is negotiating with boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Dahbutter(m): 6:37am On Nov 15, 2012
Its not all women a man dates that he wants to spend his life with, but women being crafty usually use some method to trap an unwilling man into promising what he never intends by using various forms of emotional blackmail. Intelligent men look b4 they leap and assess their options thoroughly even if it means going back on a wrong decision.
Only weak men are coerced into marriage with any girl because of some sympathy shrouded reasoning or a wrongfully extracted verbal commitment.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by phaya(f): 8:18am On Nov 15, 2012
ITbomb: The more u sleep with different girls the less ur chances of trusting a girl even the nice one are grouped together with the bad

SO ON POINT!!!
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by victorD3: 9:09am On Nov 15, 2012
The fact is that your best chance of having a sincere relationship is when you were broke but when you cross that stage without having a committed girl in your life then its harder to choose when the Benjamins start popping in. Every woman tents to pretend to be a wifey material when you become successful. Its unfortunate to say that am in the same shoes right now, I missed my chance few yrs back and can't decide now.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by albacete(m): 9:14am On Nov 15, 2012
naijathings: i have furked so many pussyies wey i no even remember d name of the owner seff and i never ever promised anyone marriage to furkk. love and marriage are words i dont say easily and i dont like to hear it anyhow either. i dont know why guys do that shiet. I used to have a pal that would even knee down and beg you and tell you all sorts of marriage talk just to furk. haba. me i no fit do that kain thin oh. i nova eva beg woman for toto seff or make promises if you no wan furk then no be by force. and how come seun forgot to censor "toto"

+10. Like say u be d only one wey go benefit for d deal. .
If she does not want to deal with u, there are others willing to do it. So girls should not see it as granting favours to guys when they allow guys to enter dat place. The satisfaction is mutual (all things being equal)
And on top of collecting money for BB and brazilian hair.

2moro they will cry that they have been dumped by their bfs as if they were giving it out freely, forgetting all d gifts (and maybe other services) they got while it lasted.

As long as girls put a price on their punny directly or indirectly, guys will eventually back out of d r/ship (what girls call dumping) when they want to, and they don't owe anyone any explanation for that.

At d end of the day, the relationship will be ended in the lines of "Nice doing business with you. I got what i wanted, (punny) and u got what u wanted (BB, new wardrobe,....)
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by albacete(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2012
12 inches!:

Like this babe I told I would marry just to knack am. She actually believes me. Do I even look like someone who looks ready to marry. I dey knack I'm steady. She wan get bele for me to seal the deal. But I cnt marry her. She wants to move in with me.

u na male or female?
Straight or bent?
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Treasure10: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2012
Why it is that many Nigerian guys feel most females are gold diggers?
What about the successful young ladies we have today that have it all, intelligence, wisdom, success, known how to build a home and many more attributes.
What do you think we attract - it’s only when you become successful you realise the amount of opportunist that flocks around you day and night? However among these men, are also some genuine ones.
We don’t go about f__king and dumping. Not because we cannot, but because we value ourselves, have high standards of moral and attributes, not withstanding the fear of God that lives in us.

So poster - tell your emeka and wale that however successful they think they are they can become greater. Beside every successful man, is a great woman.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by kandiikane(m): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2012

....And your toto has not been passed around these london yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Theblessed(f): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=16pt]No, the problem is your culture!

Your girls are so so desperate and that's the reason.

A culture that puts pressure on their sons/daughters particularly, their daughters to get married and quick, is sick!

Until that is addressed in families and society at large, you will continue to have these butterflies perching from one flower to another without a firm base.

They will only stop and review their lives once white hairs starts covering their heads and by then, their age mates are becoming grandfathers - better believe it!

These lots don't learn in life but tends to blame others for their errors when they finally, wake up to it!

A fool at 40 they say, is fool forever!

[/size]
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by thorpido(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
coogar:

what else?
I tried these for many years.I be good guy and the girls like me for that.When you ask them to marry you,na dat time you go know say,'be friends with her,get to know her and love her no dey enough for Nigerian babes.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by thorpido(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
maclatunji:

Abi o.Some people have it work for them easier but it's a big tasl for others.I see people who married their classmates or someone in the same office etc.when i became friends with a colleague hoping something might come out of it,she chose 'Olorunsogo' like most ladies.It's not easy for a man getting a wife in this generation.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by coogar: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
thorpido: I tried these for many years.I be good guy and the girls like me for that.When you ask them to marry you,na dat time you go know say,'be friends with her,get to know her and love her no dey enough for Nigerian babes.

you have to complete "other duties" as well.....you can't just be a good guy and think a woman would get high on your goodness. some of the rich boys taking the girls from you are good too, if not better! one thing you must understand is there's a competition out there, a very fierce one if i may add. treat a girl right, make her laugh and she is all yours(by default)!

thorpido: Abi o.Some people have it work for them easier but it's a big tasl for others.I see people who married their classmates or someone in the same office etc.when i became friends with a colleague hoping something might come out of it,she chose 'Olorunsogo' like most ladies.It's not easy for a man getting a wife in this generation.

you need to step your game - maybe you were "too good" for her.....you can't be "too good" or "too soft"....too much of everything is bad and most chics dont like men that are sissies. strike a balance between being good and being firm!
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by filani(m): 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
coogar:

you have to complete "other duties" as well.....you can't just be a good guy and think a woman would get high on your goodness. some of the rich boys taking the girls from you are good too, if not better! one thing you must understand is there's a competition out there, a very fierce one if i may add. treat a girl right, make her laugh and she is all yours(by default)!

you need to step your game - maybe you were "too good" for her.....you can't be "too good" or "too soft"....too much of everything is bad and most chics dont like men that are sissies. strike a balance between being good and being firm!

@ coogar

All good and well. In line with ur comment can it not also be argued that the ladies also do not meet up with 'other duties' expected of them and as such they too do not make the cut?
Ladies with fine face , fine body , flashy clothes etc full ground for naija, what else are they bringing to the table? Just as you advised guys, ladies should also realize that competition is stiff and as such they need to raise their game or miss out smiley
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by thorpido(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
coogar:

Those 'other duties' have to do with financial capacity.I no go steal or do yahoo yahoo to meet up.I can only spend what I have while I work hard to improve.It's not enough to be good and firm.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
filani:

@ coogar

All good and well. In line with ur comment can it not also be argued that the ladies also do not meet up with 'other duties' expected of them and as such they too do not make the cut?
Ladies with fine face , fine body , flashy clothes etc full ground for naija, what else are they bringing to the table? Just as you advised guys, ladies should also realize that competition is stiff and as such they need to raise their game or miss out smiley

Look guy, u say it like its the lady's fault. Pls tell me what game they need to step up, look marriage is no trophy to be won but rather a union of two like minds for better for worse in sickness and health. Marriage can be sweet and can also be bitter. Look if a man is not matured enough to make that step, to commit himself into something he believes in, then how does he expect his married hummies or his family to take him serious.
If u had rather spoken about what the women brings to the table in her married home then I would understand cos in this time and age everyone brings 50:50 so that they can be united in matrimony.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by younglad007(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2012
maclatunji: Money or position doesn't equate to emotional maturity. They are just not mature enough to identify quality wife material and go for them. tongue
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by younglad007(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
[quote author=maclatunji]Money or position doesn't equate to emotional maturity. They are just not mature enough to identify quality wife material and go for them
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 8:10am On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=younglad007][/quote]
U r so right
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2012
^^^^^^^^
U r so right
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by jpphilips(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Harmony-emerald:

you mustn't really have to be poor to date but one mistake guys do is flaunting their so called wealth around, when they do this, they attract the artificial gold-digging types, men should learn to limit their expectations, rich guys always go for the flashy, artificial ladies who will be like a trophy to show off to their friends, when a guy is surrounded by this kind of girls, how does he expect to get the 'good wify material' that he seeks. cut down on the number of girls with brazillian hair, bb, iphone, colour blocking clothes and the rest of them, from their appearance alone, a wise man can tell a lot about a lady, the flashy ones needs cash to continue looking flashy

i may not agree with you completely . the reason is because you carefully chose to ignore "class" in ur thought process.

its easier to define a social base with someone in the same sphere with you or someone who is not there yet but has what it takes to get there.

success is in the mind, so long as u ve got the right mind set, forget it, you Will get there and a smart successful gal can see that and wont have any problem dating you.

class cannot be ignored completely, the ways of the rich is like an abomination to the poor.

a successful guy may decide to date a successful chick, there is absolutely nothing wrong with dat, where you have a problem is wen u fall into the hands of the wanna bees.

imagine a girl that gets a car and monthly upkeep from a sugar daddy dating a business guy as a successful chick, y wont the guy have problems?

the successful guy may also wish to date a successful gal because of financial security.

imagine having a gal friend and automatically you begin to cater for her community, 8 siblings , her parents etc. such liabilities may plot a negative graph on your economics.

lastly, the unsuccessful ladies are more vulnerable, if you know a poor man with a pretty daughter or stingy man with a pretty daughter believe me, their style is not worth emulating, ie vulnerability in my books.

decision making is always influenced by the predominant factors of survival.

yes! i ve seen successful w.h.o.r.e.s no doubt but that decision wasn't influenced by anything but choice.

a poor girl may not want to be a wh.or.e but situations like hunger and others can make her one, that is the influence i talked about.

the fact that a lady is wielding a Brazilian hair or BB doesnt make her successful in any way. the flashy attires and the sleek cars doesnt either. except you knw how she got them.

else ,those people are successful wanna bees cos their success has no foundation . its like a gal saying that a yahoo boy is a successful chap , that's bull but when he develops the mindset to convert his yahoo loot to a flourishing business sustainable for a period of time, only then can he be termed as successful.

dont be deceived by costumes .

bottom line is, two successful minds easily harmonizes interest while the successful wanna bees Will teach you the other side of life.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by jpphilips(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2012
thorpido: Those 'other duties' have to do with financial capacity.I no go steal or do yahoo yahoo to meet up.I can only spend what I have while I work hard to improve.It's not enough to be good and firm.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by jpphilips(m): 11:45am On Nov 16, 2012
thorpido: Those 'other duties' have to do with financial capacity.I no go steal or do yahoo yahoo to meet up.I can only spend what I have while I work hard to improve.It's not enough to be good and firm.

coogar chose to forget that the good girls dont even need your money, most of them Will rather spend theirs on you, the only thing they ask of men is total commitment to the relationship which unfortunately, most men have failed irredeemably.

be that as it may, most of them have been hurt in the past which has greatly murdered the good in them.

you dont need to be successful to have a good woman. its only a woman can define what she wants from a guy. but if she is a good one, believe me, money wont make that list.

a woman sent a prayer request to the pastor asking for God to demote her husband from a regional manager to a branch manager.

the pastor immediately summoned the couple for counselling.

first was the man, after the pastor told him the wife's prayer point. the man called it a bluff that they built their home together, she cant wish for his downfall.

the pastor invited the wife now with husband present. she said and i quote

" as a branch manager, we never lacked anything, my husband is a good man and that position is not for Good people, the money and influence is too much for my husband. pls pastor, i dont want him to change. this promotion is the devil in our marriage help me cast it away"

the pastor was confused so was the man. the next day the sharp guy rejected the appointment.

the problem is too much hunger makes African women to be thinking weird.
they glorify begging in the name of socialization, they do a lot of sh!!t for money.

some parents are not helping matters too. while parent A is teaching her daughter that asking for BB is begging.

parent B is telling hers that she is a sharp gal. in the end, too much confusion amongst the gals fold.

most bad mothers hardly make good daughters use it as a litmus test in your hunt.

most times, that gal may wish to marry you but her mum Will turn her compass around.

there are still good ones out there but u need to do some serious digging.

believe me, finding a wife is not as diff as most Nigerians think it is, what we suffer most is misplaced priorities.

during a bachelors party 4yrs ago. the bride called the groom a heartless fool out of annoyance in public.
because the man refused to allow her share the expensive drinks meant for reserved guests for the wedding to her friends.

the chairman of the wedding who happens to be a friend to the groom's late dad was pissed off and he asked the bride to apologize.

the chick blatantly refused, even when we told her that she is insulting the chairman with her refusal. she kept adamant, not even the persuation of her friends whom she intended to please could make her budge.

guess what, chairman vex comot with his driver, the gal no shake, guests begin disapperar one one. she no send, she even called us hungry people that night.

later one of us told the groom that the girl is not a wife material, do you know what he said,

"you envy me because you know my "lovely" wife is a virgin"

abeg help me ask how virginity complements for gross insurbordination?

that was the priority of a man.

so sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? / Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.