Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? (15885 Views)

Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? / Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by PureOhio(f): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
While I think it’s perfectly fine for a woman to bring up the subject of marriage, and highly advisable for a couple to discuss the topic of marriage before a proposal, I want to reiterate that it is the man’s duty to get down on one knee and ask for your hand in marriage.

Ladies, don’t believe any hype that a man tries to sell you about us being “equals” and how “a woman can propose too.” A real man wants the honor of getting down on his knee and asking his woman to marry him. A real man does not want you to take that away from him.

With all that being stated, I now want to ask all you ladies a couple questions:

Do you think there’s anything wrong with a woman proposing to a man?

Would you ever propose to your boyfriend if he wasn’t taking the initiative to propose to you?

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
PureOhio: While I think it’s perfectly fine for a woman to bring up the subject of marriage, and highly advisable for a couple to discuss the topic of marriage before a proposal, I want to reiterate that it is the man’s duty to get down on one knee and ask for your hand in marriage.

Ladies, don’t believe any hype that a man tries to sell you about us being “equals” and how “a woman can propose too.” A real man wants the honor of getting down on his knee and asking his woman to marry him. A real man does not want you to take that away from him.

Now let me ask you are both sexes equal in your own views?

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by coogar: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
personally, i would love to be proposed to with a fat rock on my finger that i can pawn when the latest beema is unveiled later in the year.

21st century is the sëx equality century so why are the ladies still bent on waiting to be proposed to? i thought what a man can do, ladies are doing it better, no?

8 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by devigblegble: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yes of corse
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yes she can!
But to give herself the dignity and respect she might lose if she tries it, she could better use suggestive ways to tell Him to propose.
As for me, any lady that would propose to me, must pay my groom price, sponsor the wedding, fix the honey moon, put food on the table, settle the bills and make me a full time husband. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by ebamma3: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
if only she is going to be paying the bills abi
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by johnsonwax(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
There is nothing wrong jooo na only man go they propose before!!! smiley
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by BlackPeni5: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
What's all this noise about real men...Abeg a man is a man joor.

After all its not by force to propose...No be una dey hustle for gender equality?

What a man can do a woman can do better. Make una learn better ways to propose to us.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Sanboy25: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yes. smiley
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by bishoppapi: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
PureOhio: While I think it’s perfectly fine for a woman to bring up the subject of marriage, and highly advisable for a couple to discuss the topic of marriage before a proposal, I want to reiterate that it is the man’s duty to get down on one knee and ask for your hand in marriage.

With all that being stated, I now want to ask all you ladies a couple questions:

Do you think there’s anything wrong with a woman proposing to a man?

Would you ever propose to your boyfriend if he wasn’t taking the initiative to propose to you?

Is there ever a law or constitution that says it's a man's duty to propose? Anybody can take the initiative first in my own opinion. It is a baseless assumption that the man must do it...if the guy is not talking, the lady should ask and it shall be given...nothing spoils...
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by oluebubesyd(m): 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
Absolutely not smiley
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Pedagogue: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
Since d Op is talking about marriage proposal by a woman in a relationship and not relationship proposal by a woman, I think the answer will largely be based on the nature of the relationship in the first place!

1. If the relationship is a long one (and the parties are mature enough) , and yet the man has not popped the question...my dear lady, heaven helps those who helps themselves! Since the relationship is long enough, all what the lady needs to do is to be discussing wedding plans with the man...I.e 'let's start preparing for our wedding' ' I want us to have a lavish /small wedding'..by making it fait accompli, she will know the stand of her man! She does not have to use direct words like 'Will u marry me' . That will give her out as a desperate simpleton!

2. If the relationship is not all that 'long' and the man can meet up with basic marriage requirements and he has refused to pop the question...my dear lady, we are in a 'desperate world'- I will suggest that the girl makes use of subtle and implied tactics...I.e ' I can't wait to get married to you' 'I don't see myself getting married to anyone else than you' etc. A lady should never tell her man (especially if he's Nigerian) that 'will u marry me' or use other direct words! Men pretend that 'it's nothing bad....'' But Consciously or unconsciously, d man will always make it very obvious that 'u popped the question' and he married out of pity!!!

Thus, no matter what, I think a woman should not pop the question...but she can do this impliedly! If ladies use this tactics,it will reduce the number of broken hearts- cos a lady that is not getting the right answers to her 'implied questions' will be able to advice herself accordingly - without waiting to be jilted!

8 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by AkinDavid2: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
@OP, head don turn to tail be that.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by ritux: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
Tired of this topic

4 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by nerodenero: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
I think it is the man's duty to propose because whichever way,the ladies believe we must lead and they follow.It isnt bad for a lady to propose too but it will definitely look as though she is forcing a marriage and there will be a problem if the man in question doesnt really love her.I think nowadays women dont really propose but they indirectly do things to show you they wanna get hooked.Above all,it is man's thing to do.Thats my opinion sha!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
If a woman wish to do that ,y nt? The most important thing I think here is,do they love each other if yes ,go ahead ladys and propose.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yes nau
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
@ OP
One thing i know IS God knew Adam needed Eve & Eve needed Adam.

But what im still trying to know IS whether Adam actually begged for Eve.

my own simple judgement is: For d Guy, IF U CANT JUST GET UR EYES OFF HER, CALL ALL SHOTS TO GET HER
and
For d Lady, IF U CANT JUST STOP DREAMING OF HIM, THEN PLAY THE LADIES' GAME.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by ASPchris(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nawaah, the biblical prophecy is really coming to fulfilment, "days when women will beg men to marry them".

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by minute(f): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
I think if the man hasn't proposed by the time the girl does it, maybe he's not planning to do it.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Gold2NairaCom(m): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Women and marriage matter.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by eija74(m): 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
Must i kneel down before proposin?

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
Sure!
If she's certain he's the one and he's wasting time in doing so- she can totally pop the question.
I would! #smiley *smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
ASPchris: Nawaah, the biblical prophecy is really coming to fulfilment, "days when women will beg men to marry them".

You are truly a DRAMA king if this is ALL you understand by this topic. Tchewww

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by dridowu: 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Am just klosing from work, c u wen i get home
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Delivar(m): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
If ladies want gender equality they can propose. But if they don't then the should remain unequal with men and shouldnt propose.
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Delivar(m): 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
Amaaskia: Sure!
If she's certain he's the one and he's wasting time in doing so- she can totally pop the question.
I would! #smiley *smiley

What about kneeling down? That one no follow?
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
eija74: Must i kneel down before proposin?

I'm sure some ladies don't care if you kneel or not.
Well, I care. If I were your lover and you didn't kneel, I'd be slightly disappointed.
I know you're thinking I've seen too many American movies now. #:|
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by wisdomw(m): 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
all my gal frnds I ve dated indirectly proposed 2 me. If u lyk, u ask ur sister
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Delivar:
What about kneeling down? That one no follow?

Erm I'm afraid I won't kneel, that's just wrong. Seriously you won't appreciate me kneeling in my lovely evening gown now, would ya?
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hmmmm undecided I am too conservative for that o. I would really prefer to take that step myself. What's the connection between marriage proposals and equality though? Isn't a male's proposal of marriage just a mere societal norm?
Re: Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? by Odunharry(m): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
yap..i dnt see that as a crime..

Wat a man can do,dy say a woman can do it better..

Ladies no shaking,no shigbin shigbin,notng dy paaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? / School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Nagging Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.