Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? (47177 Views)

Techron Injector Cleaner Needed In Lagos / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by sXFT: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Siena:

Man, please don't dilute this thread with your commercial activity. Take this thread to the Auto section, and stop spamming this one, for Pete's sake! angry

Man, i did not intend to derail or dilute the thread. Peace
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by brojero: 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
Siena:

Sounds like a good project. I'm currently building a DTM-inspired Audi A4 Quattro B5, with Audi S8-power (4,2 V8 2 x DOHC 32V). Your W124 is V8-engined?

It's a W126, actually and yes, it is a V8 with the M117 engine 4.9l , 2 x SOHC 16v.

DTM Inspired eh? You must post a pic when its done smiley
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 20, 2012
brojero:

It's a W126, actually and yes, it is a V8 with the M117 engine 4.9l , 2 x SOHC 16v.

DTM Inspired eh? You must post a pic when its done smiley

Awesome! I'll keep you posted on my build. It's being updated here:

https://www.nairaland.com/850228/new-project-audi-s8-powered-audi

Your M117 V8 - is it running Bosch L / LE-Jetronic? It's been a long time I worked on one of these durable motors. Very robust, almost indestructible. cool
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by johnyakubu: 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
But, can someone enlighten me on the advantages and disadvantages of pouring injector cleaner into the fuel tank..thanks
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by johnyakubu: 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
And does injector cleaner mean one wouldnt service the injector? I use a 2010 toyota corolla
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
john yakubu: And does injector cleaner mean one wouldnt service the injector? I use a 2010 toyota corolla

I need to understand this - what does "servicing the injector" entail, in the Nigerian sense?
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by PFRB: 11:58am On Mar 05, 2017
When you remove it from the engine, you slack the solenoid side off on the vice and open up the mechanical side. You then remove the plunger pin and remove sludge and debris. You wash thoroughly with any of the cleaning fluids around and fix back.
Re: Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? by crystalking: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2021
Pls on d thread of adding thinner to car fuel..i once did it few months ago, felt like it worked as it seems my my engine's performance was improved, i also advised a friend to do same(feeling cool on my latest discovery)..
So this morning i was about to do it again& was only looking for right quantity to use when i stumbled on this thread & alas! a scary revelation about this practice that "your dashbord will light up like xmas tree"- due to thinner's effect on your 'oxygen sensors'.�
Walahi my dashboard has enough lights to brightening inside@ night ,my speedometer,fuelguage, odometer,horns,etc suddenly stopped working...pls what can i do to rectify this and did all tis happened as a result of my 'wonderful discovery '�

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) / Green Lamborghini Spotted In Wuse, Abuja / 11 Items Nigerians Should Have In Their Cars – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.