Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Power And Sex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Power And Sex (1266 Views)

Age And Sex. / I Was A Schoolgirl By Day And Sex Slave At Night / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power And Sex by binoe: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
http://chrisnwoji..com/2012/11/power-and-sex.html

The real lessons of life are definitely not thought in school. Woe to him who is ignorant of these lessons especially on days of “ demand”.

One lesson of life which has intrigued me over time and refreshed recently is the “bridge” between POWER and WOMEN or better put POWER and SEX.

In the last week the foreign news has been filled with news of an American General – Gen Peteraus. A man of impeccable character and admirable achievements, a “Fine Soldier” by all accounts and Director of the CIA, fought many wars on the outside but failed one important war on the inside and ultimately one on the boarder of his tighs.

History is filled with many such accounts from the great bill Clinton, Strauss-Kahn of france , king David and Samson of the bible, amongst many others

I am not one to quick to throw stones as I can only imagine what goes on at those height so as much as I don’t condone , I thread with caution and learn lessons so I don’t fall into similar pitfalls –(we all have those tendencies)

I understand these men abit . In my life and achievements I have observed more feminine attraction than I did in years past. Thank God I have been successful in scaling through but I sure have to prepare for the future, as I doubt this same strength will see me through.

Let me explain abit – there are different types of women and men who chase them. There are those men who take advantage of underage girls- those men should be castrated.
There are those who “occupy” young ladies –little or no commitment at all, from both parties the ladies probably just want to have fun and possibly some financial rewards. This category is bad but many men of power may scale this too.
The harder part I believe is that woman who you meet in line of duty- a strong woman, highly intelligent, full of respect and admiration of you, yet not intimidated one bit, has the capacity to listen , assimilate and profer advice at intellectual / political / business levels – a height many never dare tread. To crown it all she is sexy- “holy smokes”, you are in trouble.

If you look and listen to he lady who the general had the affair with you might understand what I am talking about

My conclusions thus far on this issue

Firstly like a Jewish proverb says “ can a man put hot coal on his laps and not get burnt ?” Extramarital affairs have dire consequences that we must consider. There’s no way even if not caught it will not leave a crack on your family. What legacy do we then leave for our children? Wonder how the General will face his children now however if you have fallen its definitely not the end of the road. Of you haven’t been caught please STOP, if you have been you may need to call Bill Clinton to ask for advices- he epitomizes the story of a great man who fell and got back up again even stronger or even King David of the bible (note that Solomon came out of that relationship)

I believe strongly that most relationships that end up with intimacy in men of power usually starts up from the intellectual front. I think the onus is on every man as he grows older to take his wife along on this journey.

With all due respect women have a tendency to slack back in being “in the know” of the real issues at hand and this can be attributed to many things- a woman’s responsibility in todays world is enormous however the responsibility of being up to speed is quiet important. It is a very dangerous thing when a woman can not actively engage intellectually with what her husband does (and vice versa) (this can also be because the man has not opened up to her).

For instance a man at 45 is just starting his real life- unfortunately that’s when many women start to shut down and all that fills their mind is making sure their children are settled and then having grand children. And many times this gulf increases as they age.This can lead to the man opening up to other people many times of the opposite sex and if she is “beautiful to behold” at some point this equation might tip.

And finally our wonderful ladies please try and remain sexy all the days of your life. Note that by sexy I don’t mean look like an 18year old. The definition of sexy changes with age. I say this with every sense of responsibility , awareness of natural realities and not fanning any unreasonable fancies that many have.

The journey of life is far and men remain sexually active much longer than when women “hang their boots”- and I wonder why they hang their boots so early- gist for another day.

Heard a woman who would probably be in her early 50’s or late 40’s one day on TV. The reporter asked her if she still had sex with er husband and she said with so much disdain – how can i? ,is that what I should be thinking off at this stage of my life when I am thinking of “omugwo” (going to tend to her daughters new baby). I shook my head for her husband cos she sounded that even a good kisS may be deemed criminal- imagine if he is is in his 60’s or even 70’s.

On the flip side I know a woman who got pregnant at over 50. I honestly was so happy for her and her husband. (note she had many other children o- so its not that they were looking for children. Her first child should be about 28 or so) – yes I know the health risk and definitely do not advice this but that’s not the point here- a man in his late 50’s still found his wife of above 50 sexually attractive to be engaged consistently but one way or the other a child is born.

Or should we talk about the “activity level” of Abraham the patriarch and his wife Sarah who in faith must have been “engaged” every day and night in anticipation of the promise. If they could at 90 why should our women hang their boots at 45 and expect the man to “sustain” for over another 40years. Such “evils” increase chances to more “evils (this is in no means to say that man is a slave to sex or without sex a man cant survive- he sure can).

Will end this with a quote from Malcolm x – the future belongs to those who prepare for it. Leave nothing to chance my friends, prepare and guard your heart with all diligence for out of it comes the issues of life and so I have made a decision to put my “natural instinct” under control firstly because of my faith, secondly my wife and family and finally so I don’t make a wreck of my life

2 Likes

Re: Power And Sex by tsmack: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
Good stuff @ OP
Re: Power And Sex by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2012
@op d ish is long..

(1) (Reply)

Another Woman Brutalizes Housemaid In Ibadan / Out Of Care Or Jealousy? Matured Minds Only... / The Newest Rule In Family Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.