Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job (1039 Views)

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job by samuelson06(m): 12:38am On Nov 22, 2014
Hello house, I need some good advice please. I have been working as a Contract Staff in an organization with an allowance of 70,000 NGN per month. Due to my status as a Contract Staff, they don't really care about verifying my qualifications. The truth is that I stole some "Hons" into my CV and launched myself on that because I was still a student when I had the job opportunity. Don't pour blames that I did that please, things were really tough and as a smart guy I never had to let the opportunity slipped off me. I had to packaged up, went for the interview and got the job. Out of 11 people, I emerged. So far, I have gotten 4 years experience. It's a development/aid work. My work is basically on Data Management and Analysis.

Right now, am through with school and my NYSC service comes up Batch A, 2015. I know fully well that the management would not grant me that luxury of having to go camping for 3 weeks with the probability that I may be posted back to continue with my job. Not forgetting, they have been seeing me as a graduate which I wasn't and so breaking the news of my service to them now would just be a one way ticket to see me off the job. They may even start seeing me in the negative light and that wouldn't go down well in the long run because I'll need their recommendations for my next job. For the service itself, 3rd November made me 30 so I believe I can plead for exemption.

But with the present situation of things in our country now, what would you advice that I do? If I shun the service, in what way would it become disadvantageous to me in future? Should I just resign quietly and leave the organization? Do I really need to do this thing? Advice me please. I don't really know which to choose.
Re: The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job by ITbomb(m): 12:59am On Nov 22, 2014
You already have 4 years experience on the job, go for service and get another job later.
If NYSC was not part of your dabo qualifications, you can tell them that since then na now your school come clear you for NYSC but if you had included NYSC, just resign honourably

1 Like

Re: The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job by blank(f): 1:09am On Nov 22, 2014
Post your in careers section. You might get more responses there.
Re: The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job by samuelson06(m): 2:18am On Nov 22, 2014
blank:
Post your in careers section. You might get more responses there.

Okay. Thanks.

@Mods: Please much it to the career section for me. I need as many responses as possible please.
cc: CrazyMan, Ogbeche77, yokiti)
Re: The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job by samuelson06(m): 2:24am On Nov 22, 2014
ITbomb:
You already have 4 years experience on the job, go for service and get another job later.
If NYSC was not part of your dabo qualifications, you can tell them that since then na now your school come clear you for NYSC but if you had included NYSC, just resign honourably

I never included NYSC then. Thanks for your response.
Re: The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job by stint(m): 1:40am On Nov 23, 2014
plead for exemption or resign and
go for service. even if you get exemption, I think its better you move somewhere else. That's how your secret should stay hidden

(1) (Reply)

. / Offline Business Networking Made Easier Online (referral Links) / Get Primavera P6-introduction To Basic Pdf(with Screenshots) For FREE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.