Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,103 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? (12257 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / How Many Did This, Back In Secondary School Days? (pics) / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
Que and sycology instead of queue and psychology......i couldnt write 5 properly, it was a 'y' with a '-' dash ontop.....small pikin sha
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Jbgurl: 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
mine were.scissors,stetoscope,hibiscus,even bench.lol
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by stupor(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
Cooking untensils
Secateurs-i'll rather say go to hell.

Apraratus.
Portmantu.
Caburretor
Enzyme-pytaylin-ptyalin.

And many Others but thanks to Auto cOrrect models nOw.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nattylad(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
Tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by bennieman: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mine were Queue and Continuous...
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Deyinka007: 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
"Choir" was the one!
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by cpacash: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
Pneumonia was it.
OP, you still cant spell catarrh. Lol.

grin
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by joangirl: 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mosque, first and spirit.till now the spelling confuses me.I usually spell it frist,spiriti and morsque
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by packman: 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
kunletiwoo:

The word 'Exercise' also challenged me too. So I always refer to my Exercise book for the correct spelling. Too bad smiley

[size=20pt]LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHA WHICH KIND MADAMAN BE THIS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BUT ME SHA I STIL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO SPELL MY NAME [/size]
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2012
mine was LOUVRES.........I jus cudnt phantom hw it was spelt grin
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by nedu2000(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
MEDICINE and PSYCHOLOGY
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by freecocoa(f): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
Those words that have the same alphabets twice in them, eg committee, community and pneumonia gave me small problem before I got used to their spellings.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
Τ̅☺ spell HIPPOPOTAMUS den,I ll av τ̅☺ start singin d nursery school rhyme A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ ova again.....H.I.P for ds hip for da hippopo.....P.O.P.O 4 da hippopo Aπϑ T.A.M.U.S. 4 da HIPPOPOTAMUS......lol

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
freecocoa: Those words that have the same alphabets twice in them, eg committee, community and pneumonia gave me small problem before I got used to their spellings.
true that...my biggest spelling problem was trying to spell "tomorrow"...the m and the r gave me issues. Sometimes I would spell it with 2 Ms and 1 r, other times 2Ms and 2Rs...

1 Like

oluseyioba: mine was LOUVRES.........I jus cudnt phantom hw it was spelt grin
U̶̲̥̅̊ spoke mγ̲̣̣̥ mind.. Louvres, dat word W̶̲̥̅̊αs damn difficult until mγ̲̣̣̥ grandpa helped ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ out.
Τ̅☺ spell HIPPOPOTAMUS den,I wud av τ̅☺ start singin d nursery school rhyme A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ ova again.....H.I.P for ds hip for da hippopo.....P.O.P.O 4 da hippopo Aπϑ T.A.M.U.S. 4 da HIPPOPOTAMUS......lol
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Kk4(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
Knife. Choir
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Lashawnah(f): 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
chic2pimp: BabaSuwe.. Don't know why though
LMAO
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by iJAY1: 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
Believe:beleive you:yuo
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2012
cdamsel: For me Its was Exercise & guarantee lipsrsealed

Lol. You won't believe I still spell 'exercise' by singing the primary school song 'Ede Times Ede Remi Coni Iya Segun Elere'. Lol
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
Rukemi291:

Lol. You won't believe I still spell 'exercise' by singing the primary school song 'Ede Times Ede Remi Coni Iya Segun Elere'. Lol
grin

2 Likes

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Odunnu: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
Photosynthesis, minute (as in time) still dont know why its the same spelling as minute (quantity) so I tend to add another letter 'i' to the first to differentiate. Lol
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by smakati(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2012
It was 'sokolokobangose' in primary skool, later I discovered it was not even an english word, useless skool
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Willzkid(m): 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Anyone remembers:
E-Eze
X-Times
E-Eze
R-Rice
C-Customer
I-Is
S-Selling
E-Eba
B-Bishop
O-O
O-O
K-Kaduna
..By the way, I just spelt EXERCISE BOOK
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by desthan(m): 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
Bicycle, Business and Exercise . . . .

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by holysmoke(m): 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
SHOKOLOKOBANGOSHAY . A nonsensical word manufactured by the colonial imperialist & used in 'spelling' classes to teach supposedly dumb African children. Never had to spell it myself though but they say Obasanjo flunked it @ elementary school.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rajosh(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Kolade9: That time that i am in school,i can nt spelled ticha...it his a hard things to spelled that time...but nw i am a baba in spelling a words.
lol after that dry old joke about 'the presenter' i've finally found a course to smile after reading your comment.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
holysmoke: SHOKOLOKOBANGOSHAY . A nonsensical word manufactured by the colonial imperialist & used in 'spelling' classes to teach supposedly dumb African children. Never had to spell it myself though but they say Obasanjo flunked it @ elementary school.

VEGETABLE KINGDOM lol
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by jeffizy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
ItsModella:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what happened to Hades?
Hades had too much talk with redmosquito. Now he's down with malaria! Lol

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Havilah93(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
spelling 'choir' was once a nut for me......always started with a 'q'
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ramcie:

She taught me cos of my difficulty in spelling those words. I recently read it online also on an article about spelling difficulties .I guess she had known it way before or after I was born.
oh,i see cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Results 4d Interview For Both Hnd & Nd Have Been Released. Just Follow This Link Www.auchipoly.n / ASUU Strike Update: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU / Certificate Programme Registration In Uniport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.