Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,863 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? (12256 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / How Many Did This, Back In Secondary School Days? (pics) / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Without any doubt, its "unnecessary", "successful" and "receipt"! I still goof at d spellings till date. #sigh#
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by boiohboi(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2012
Lol this is a funny thread but real .I always confuse this words for each other. especially when am tensed. AWA for OUR n generally I do THIS for THESE,WHERE for WERE n THEIR for THERE lol pls don't laugh guys.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by labamo07(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2012
Found it hard spellin BOY, BED, GIRL, MAN
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Emmymill: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2012
Kolade9: That time that i am in school,i can nt spelled ticha...it his a hard things to spelled that time...but nw i am a baba in spelling (a words.)
. But u're not a baba in "use of English"

1 Like

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Adechyno(m): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2012
Available & Separate...
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Lobi(f): 11:33am On Nov 18, 2012
Mine was international while I was in primary school.always had to spy frm my school bag(it. Was written on my school bag) during dictation.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by ShamanEgijesu: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
Toto Dikyeh cry
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
* People
* Mosquito(es)
* Slipper(s) ::: Sleeppass.
* some others I am trying to remember!
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rukemi291:

cheesy grin U cheated. U are pardoned sha. Now spell 'the thick sputum that comes from the throat'

Don't mind me, the dictionary sef wasn't helpful @ all because It didn't know what it was I wanted to spell , come and see enough goofing because I wanted to spell ordinary abattoir, I really looked so stupid trying to spell that stuff I swear.

It was google that finally came to my rescue
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chei , english hard sha.

Back to ur new question---- is it mucus
If yes then its quite cheap compared to the former.
That one nearly scatter my brain.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rukemi291:

cheesy grin U cheated. U are pardoned sha. Now spell 'the thick sputum that comes from the throat'
again are u a doctor ?
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rajosh(m): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
Emmymill: . But u're not a baba in "use of English"
lol. I tot it was hon. Patrick himself speaking
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
inurmind:

mehn u are such a rotten kidcheesy
are you ok at all
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by BuBBle1(f): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
Colleague and commissioner. The young shall grow. smiley
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
Kolade9: That time that i am in school,i can nt spelled ticha...it his a hard things to spelled that time...but nw i am a baba in spelling a words.
are you for real. LOL
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Don't mind me, the dictionary sef wasn't helpful @ all because It didn't know what it was I wanted to spell , come and see enough goofing because I wanted to spell ordinary abattoir, I really looked so stupid trying to spell that stuff I swear.

It was google that finally came to my rescue
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chei , english hard sha.

Back to ur new question---- is it mucus
If yes then its quite cheap compared to the former.
That one nearly scatter my brain.

grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
the new word sounds like 'flem'. Try harder. English words can be very confusing truely
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rukemi291:

grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
the new word sounds like 'flem'. Try harder. English words can be very confusing truely

"phlegm" u mean ?
Again I repeat, are u a doctor
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rooneyboy:

"phlegm" u mean ?
Again I repeat, are u a doctor

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! You got it right. How did you do it? Tell me the truth, did you cheat this time?

To your question. I am not a medical doctor but a microbiologist.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by ceeceeco: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
ceeceeco: Coccyx, Haemorrhoid, Platyhelminthes, Pseudopodium, Staphylococcus, Coelentrata, Pteridophyta, Elaies, Oesophagus, Catarrh. I find it very difficult spelling these words during my childhood.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rukemi291:

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! You got it right. How did you do it? Tell me the truth, did you cheat this time?

To your question. I am not a medical doctor but a microbiologist.

Nah !
I didn't cheat o cheesy
U practically gave it out
With the "flem" as a clue
I knew u were somehow
Close to the medical field
With ur terminologies...

So u are a practicing
microbiologist
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by weaseloo: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
I remember being bummed when I could not spell "journey". I'm amazed I can still remember.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by searay2(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
Abattoir , this thing been dey punish me wen i was in my yr2 chai.
Rukemi291:

Oya, spell the name of the place where animals are slaughtered.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by ladysmart: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
hornipipe: Mine were deceive, believe, perceive, receive..
My problem was with the placement of 'I' and 'e',
But thank God for my then English mistress grin
same wit me until recently
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Nah !
I didn't cheat o cheesy
U practically gave it out
With the "flem" as a clue
I knew u were somehow
Close to the medical field
With ur terminologies...

So u are a practicing
microbiologist

there wouldn't be a clue next time grin.
To ur Q... No.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
searay2: Abattoir , this thing been dey punish me wen i was in my yr2 chai.

I tell u
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Suigenerisshegs(m): 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
Lieutenant..my teacher pronounces it like leftinant
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by myike2(m): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mine was: Maneuver, pharaoh, campaign, champagne, yam porridge, and haemorrhage
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by aPr: 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
february, george, phlegm
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 4:32am On Nov 19, 2012
Rukemi291:

there wouldn't be a clue next time grin.
To ur Q... No.

No problem dear, keep throwing the Q's
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by jaydude(f): 6:11am On Nov 19, 2012
Mine was Garri, I don't know why I found it so hard to spell that word undecided
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by EmmaSun1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mine Shekolokobangoshe....
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Cbourne(f): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
pyrrhic
psychiatric
haemorrhage
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Cbourne(f): 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
[quote author=ceeceeco][/quote]during your childhood you said?what were you doing with these words as a kid?ok, i think you are a pathological liar!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer / Snepco Past Questions / Strike: ASUU Accuses FG Of Deceit As Minister Explains Payment Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.