Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (802282 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigheadday: 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
tolani4real:

Follow normal visa processing

@Tolani4real. Just got my passport from the France embassy and I was denied the Visa.

Is it advisable to appeal? Anyone in the house that has done an appeal before should kindly enlighten me.

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
HazzanTazzan:
i applied for tourist visa to france and presently gathering necessary documents for submission.

however, see this page, i discovered that so many documents are mentioned here which werent stated in the list of documents i was asked to bring along...

eg the list i got after filling the form on the website doesnt say i should bring marriage certificate or tax clearance or a family member's bank statement.

on the list i have...

1. application form

2. ID photograph (passport photograph i believe)

3. travel document (intl passport i believe)

4. prebooked return ticket

5. reservation confirmation with a tour guide (looks like the tour guides wont give me reservation unless i pay)

6. travel health insurance (i plan to use IGI)

7. hotel reservation or sufficient means to cover accommodation for the period of stay (do i just show them my bank acct balance to prove i have money to fund my accommodation when i get there?)

8. proof of income (bank statement i believe... what are they looking to check here?)

9. proof of professional situation (do i just present my certificate of incorporation as a business owner or i need more documents to back this up?)

pls help break these things down
Focus on the documents you were told to bring. Each application is unique in itself.

No. 7 - It will be better to show a reservation that covers your entire stay. I don't think you need to pay for reservations.

No. 8 - What are they looking to check? Really. Lol.

No. 9 - Any document you feel will be useful to present as a business owner, then present it. They are not complaining of too many documents.

Hope you pay your tax though?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by realadesco(m): 9:09am On Mar 27, 2019
tolani4real:

Yes it is compulsory. They are selling it at France Application Center for 150 naira or you can also download it online. Download it below
please how much is the total amount to be paid on submission, is it only 60€?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2019
davide470:
Focus on the documents you were told to bring. Each application is unique in itself.

No. 7 - It will be better to show a reservation that covers your entire stay. I don't think you need to pay for reservations.

No. 8 - What are they looking to check? Really. Lol.

No. 9 - Any document you feel will be useful to present as a business owner, then present it. They are not complaining of too many documents.

Hope you pay your tax though?

8. Is it a crime to ask for clarification on what you don’t understand fully ? They cld be checking for how much activity the acct has, cld be the present balance and cld be that I need to present a bank acct in my company name ...

I believe the tax document I’m processing for the new business name I registered will suffice for “Hope you pay your tax”...

The biggest of the problems is getting a RELAIBLE tour guide cos I have to pay them at least a % before they do a reservation for me
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 27, 2019
EFCLEF:
Just got my French visa last friday 01/03/2019 . Really excited. smiley grin smiley grin grin grin grin
Congrats. Any travel history prior to your application? If yes, what country?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jesse777: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2019
I applied for the France family reunion visa after submitting my visa application on August 2018 I got a message I’m December and was told to verify my documents with a law firm who represents the embassy after the verification the lawyers came to my house that same December ask a few questions and then left soo since January I haven’t gotten my passport back and it soo annoying cause it almost 8months since have been processing it despite that my mum has already done the necessary things in France around early last year .plss anyone done with France family reunion visa before

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jesse777: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
no
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Toyatc: 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2019
Hello guys,

Greetings.

Please does anyone know is there is an English version or translation for leboncoin. I have resorted to using google translate, but this is not efficient.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Success2011: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
Good evening Gurus in the house. I got my passport yesterday via courier and I was denied a tourist visa to France. Only one number was ticked in the refusal form...
"Justification For the Purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided"

Please experts should assist me in explaining the stated reason for denial, as I'm confused as we speak. Thank you all and God bless.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ijeshalomo(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
Success2011:
Good evening Gurus in the house. I got my passport yesterday via courier and I was denied a tourist visa to France. Only one number was ticked in the refusal form...
"Justification For the Purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided"

Please experts should assist me in explaining the stated reason for denial, as I'm confused as we speak. Thank you all and God bless.

What supporting documents did you submit alongside your application?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Success2011: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ijeshalomo:

What supporting documents did you submit alongside your application?
Tax Clearance Certificate
Bank Statement
CAC documents
Marriage certificate
Health insurance
Flight itinerary
Hotel booking
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Success2011:

Bank Statement
CAC documents
Marriage certificate
Health insurance
Flight itinerary
Hotel booking

Sorry for your refusal.

Sometimes they may refuse you under this head if your supporting documentation is insufficient.

To see if we can give you some help concerning your issue, depending on the purpose of your intended visit (tourism, business, conference, study, etc.), and assuming that everything else checks out (reasonably healthy bank balance, some good travel history/record of compliance with other visas, good ties back home, etc.) what specific documents did you present justifying the trip apart from the generic ones you mentioned above?

For instance, when I applied for my last Schengen visa, in a cover letter I detailed a general itinerary, listed the cities I wished to visit in that country, mentioned a couple of the sights I wanted to see, paid for a tour group (refundable), etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Seeyat: 5:34am On Apr 05, 2019
Hello gurus,

Can somebody please advise on what to do, my sister and her two kids applied for French tourist visa she got her passport back after 2 weeks and nothing was inside. No refusal letter, passports were not stamped for being denied and no visas.

PS: Her travel date is still 2 months away.

What could have gone wrong? I need suggestions please.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2019
Was your hotel reservation valid during the application period?
Success2011:

Bank Statement
CAC documents
Marriage certificate
Health insurance
Flight itinerary
Hotel booking
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by krezorn: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2019
Pls I want know if France is still stamping on passport for visa denial
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Opeyemi007: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
krezorn:
Pls I want know if France is still stamping on passport for visa denial

No
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
HazzanTazzan:

8. Is it a crime to ask for clarification on what you don’t understand fully ? They cld be checking for how much activity the acct has, cld be the present balance and cld be that I need to present a bank acct in my company name ...

I believe the tax document I’m processing for the new business name I registered will suffice for “Hope you pay your tax”...

The biggest of the problems is getting a RELAIBLE tour guide cos I have to pay them at least a % before they do a reservation for me

You don’t need to pay for any tour guide. Write an itenerary. Asin Day 1 Eiffel Tower & musee du louvre. Day 2 port de Vincennes day 3 arc de triomphe etc. just state your day to day plans.

If you’re going as a tourist you should know what/where you want to see. Google should help. I
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
Christycode:

I want to get mine in France. I thought it was supposed to be a choice.

Yimu don’t waste your time and money. Learning French in France is not even that cheap. Like 200€ per week. The French government has put alliance francaise here in Nigeria for Nigerians to learn French. How will they now grant your visa to study French in France again l.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
Forfoodonly:

You don’t need to pay for any tour guide. Write an itenerary. Asin Day 1 Eiffel Tower & musee du louvre. Day 2 port de Vincennes day 3 arc de triomphe etc. just state your day to day plans.

If you’re going as a tourist you should know what/where you want to see. Google should help. I

Wow... this is so appreciated ... thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
Success2011:

sorry about your denial but you obviously didn't submit day-to-day breakdown of your itinerary in France. Resubmit doing that with all u submitted earlier. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by richcasey: 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
For those who have been to vfs for the france or netherlands submission of documents, how crazy is the queue there?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Dalighieri: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
pls what is your WhatsApp or email I can reach you on
Cyberknight:

Sorry for your refusal.

Sometimes they may refuse you under this head if your supporting documentation is insufficient.

To see if we can give you some help concerning your issue, depending on the purpose of your intended visit (tourism, business, conference, study, etc.), and assuming that everything else checks out (reasonably healthy bank balance, some good travel history/record of compliance with other visas, good ties back home, etc.) what specific documents did you present justifying the trip apart from the generic ones you mentioned above?

For instance, when I applied for my last Schengen visa, in a cover letter I detailed a general itinerary, listed the cities I wished to visit in that country, mentioned a couple of the sights I wanted to see, paid for a tour group (refundable), etc.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by KOLAPO3(m): 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hello House,

Please i need your kind advise

I am not a fan of travel agents and I have never used them, but a lot of friends have been nudging me to engage them .

I chose THE BEST AGENTS IN THE WORLD "NAIRALAND"

I intend traveling to a Schengen country France with my wife for 2days in august on a round trip
we have valid UK,US and CANADA visas.

what is the best time to apply, i don't believe landed documents

My profile n documents are:
1. Travel history:UAE, UK ,US, ZAMBIA, SA, GHANA, RWANDA
2. Employment documents
3. Account bal. 2.m
4. MONEY MARKET INVESTMENT WORTH 400K

MY WIFE PROFILE N DOCUMENTS
1. Travel history: ISREAL,SENEGAL,GAMBIA,UAE, UK ,US, GHANA,IVORY COAST
2. Employment documents
3. Account bal. 1.8m

Documents wanna submit are
1 Visa form
2 employment letter( for both of us)
3 leave letter ( for both of us)
5 payslip ( for both of us)
6 insurance ( for both of us)
7 flight ticket (already paid )
8 cover letter and LOI
10 company ID card ( for both of us)
12 marriage certificate

I await your response.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abzz889: 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hello everyone.I intend to apply to the French embassy for schengen visa this week.I was previously denied both French and Spanish schengen visas with my husband on justification for the purpose of stay is not reliable.I have previously travelled to schengen states in 2012 and I have been to the US,UK,UAE,Ghana,Budapest to name a few.So I don’t know what could have gone wrong.I intend to go for my sisters graduation.Also where do you get your flight itinerary from?
I intend to put:
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation*
Leave letter form employer
letter of introduction
Invitation letter from school for graduation
Letter showing itinerary
Marriage certificate
Land documents
Payment of rent**

I am very confused on this schengen application and I would appreciate all the help.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
abzz889:
Hello everyone.I intend to apply to the French embassy for schengen visa this week.I was previously denied both French and Spanish schengen visas with my husband on justification for the purpose of stay is not reliable.I have previously travelled to schengen states in 2012 and I have been to the US,UK,UAE,Ghana,Budapest to name a few.So I don’t know what could have gone wrong.I intend to go for my sisters graduation.Also where do you get your flight itinerary from?
I intend to put:
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation*
Leave letter form employer
letter of introduction
Invitation letter from school for graduation
Letter showing itinerary
Marriage certificate
Land documents
Payment of rent**

I am very confused on this schengen application and I would appreciate all the help.

You get a flight reservation from any travel agent.

Secondly, if you've successfully obtained a Schengen visa in the past and have the travel history you've outlined above as well as ticking the other boxes (ties to home, good source of income, relevant reason for travel, etc, etc.), I think you'll get a visa. However, not knowing what you filled out in the other two Schengen applications, we can't really determine what may have gone wrong.

All I can say is that you should approach this next application with care because you've already got 2 "strikes" against you in the Schengen database. Remember that there is specific information that you are supposed to supply with an application even if you're gotten visas in the past. First read back on these threads and the others in this forum relating to Schengen visas. Then review the last 2 applications you made against what you've been able to glean (I always keep copies of all application forms I fill out, so have all that at my fingertips in the event of a refusal) and see if you can find out where you went wrong. And you should be able to find that out, because it should be something noticeable for them to refuse a visa to someone with your travel history.

Sometimes an application may have ostensibly satisfied all points and it seems as if they've still thrown the "Justification not provided" at you as if they just don't want to give it to you. Because they don't give specific reasons like the UK does and instead use the catch-alls, one can never really know in those situations. If both your recently refused applications resulted in that generic refusal ticked on the slip and you cannot see where you went wrong in the last two applications, then perhaps you need to take a step back and leave the Schengen zone alone for a while.

This time around your purpose for travel sounds reasonable, what was it the last two times you were refused? Did you include sufficient supporting documentation to back it up? What was your account balance, for instance? Did you document your itinerary and ensure it was coherent? Have your circumstances changed since the last time you got a Schengen visa in 2012 and if so, how? And so on. (We've all heard that you can show up at the embassies with low account balances and be given once your statement shows that good money passes through - it doesn't always hold true. For instance, a friend of mine with extensive travel history way beyond my own was denied by France last year when he sent in a statement of 1.6 m with his application, even though he's a good earner (He reviewed and decided to build up the account to 5 m and reapplied and got it)).

So when you may have figured out or made a good guess as to why the last two applications were refused, we can take it from there if you'd like to hear our opinions.

Best of luck.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
Dalighieri:
pls what is your WhatsApp or email I can reach you on

This is an anonymous forum and you can safely say whatever you want here, so we can all chip in or learn from it.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Candybright: 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
Has anyone applied through Greece embassy? Is there any thread on Nairaland for Greece application?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abzz889: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2019
Thanks so much for your reply.I would review my circumstances and put it on here for further help.

Cyberknight:

You get a flight reservation from any travel agent.

Secondly, if you've successfully obtained a Schengen visa in the past and have the travel history you've outlined above as well as ticking the other boxes (ties to home, good source of income, relevant reason for travel, etc, etc.), I think you'll get a visa. However, not knowing what you filled out in the other two Schengen applications, we can't really determine what may have gone wrong.

All I can say is that you should approach this next application with care because you've already got 2 "strikes" against you in the Schengen database. Remember that there is specific information that you are supposed to supply with an application even if you're gotten visas in the past. First read back on these threads and the others in this forum relating to Schengen visas. Then review the last 2 applications you made against what you've been able to glean (I always keep copies of all application forms I fill out, so have all that at my fingertips in the event of a refusal) and see if you can find out where you went wrong. And you should be able to find that out, because it should be something noticeable for them to refuse a visa to someone with your travel history.

Sometimes an application may have ostensibly satisfied all points and it seems as if they've still thrown the "Justification not provided" at you as if they just don't want to give it to you. Because they don't give specific reasons like the UK does and instead use the catch-alls, one can never really know in those situations. If both your recently refused applications resulted in that generic refusal ticked on the slip and you cannot see where you went wrong in the last two applications, then perhaps you need to take a step back and leave the Schengen zone alone for a while.

This time around your purpose for travel sounds reasonable, what was it the last two times you were refused? Did you include sufficient supporting documentation to back it up? What was your account balance, for instance? Did you document your itinerary and ensure it was coherent? Have your circumstances changed since the last time you got a Schengen visa in 2012 and if so, how? And so on. (We've all heard that you can show up at the embassies with low account balances and be given once your statement shows that good money passes through - it doesn't always hold true. For instance, a friend of mine with extensive travel history way beyond my own was denied by France last year when he sent in a statement of 1.6 m with his application, even though he's a good earner (He reviewed and decided to build up the account to 5 m and reapplied and got it)).

So when you may have figured out or made a good guess as to why the last two applications were refused, we can take it from there if you'd like to hear our opinions.

Best of luck.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by compactimmi: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
Success2011:

You did not provided any good reason for your trip. Writing a cover letter is one thing, stating your intent and purpose clearly is another thing. A well writing cover letter with a clear purpose and itinerary is pretty a good one. This summarizes your application in few sentences.
1. your purpose (Introduction)
2. your current job
3. economic financial status
4. Marriage status
5. Any children
6. proof of income(self employed, employed, retired or schooling)
7.investments (Solid or Liquid)
8. flight and accommodation reservations
9. ties to your home country
etc......

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by KOLAPO3(m): 6:31am On Apr 16, 2019
KOLAPO3:
Hello House,

Please i need your kind advise

I am not a fan of travel agents and I have never used them, but a lot of friends have been nudging me to engage them .

I chose THE BEST AGENTS IN THE WORLD "NAIRALAND"

I intend traveling to a Schengen country France with my wife for 2days in august on a round trip
we have valid UK,US and CANADA visas.

what is the best time to apply, i don't believe landed documents

My profile n documents are:
1. Travel history:UAE, UK ,US, ZAMBIA, SA, GHANA, RWANDA
2. Employment documents
3. Account bal. 2.m
4. MONEY MARKET INVESTMENT WORTH 400K

MY WIFE PROFILE N DOCUMENTS
1. Travel history: ISREAL,SENEGAL,GAMBIA,UAE, UK ,US, GHANA,IVORY COAST
2. Employment documents
3. Account bal. 1.8m

Documents wanna submit are
1 Visa form
2 employment letter( for both of us)
3 leave letter ( for both of us)
5 payslip ( for both of us)
6 insurance ( for both of us)
7 flight ticket (already paid )
8 cover letter and LOI
10 company ID card ( for both of us)
12 marriage certificate

I await your response.
Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
[quote author=KOLAPO3 post=77578825][/quote]

Yes good to go if you are traveling from London for example then it’s okay to buy your ticket.

(I’m adding this bit for other applicants. It doesn’t apply to you)
If you are traveling from Nigeria, you don’t need to pay for your ticket.
Because most airlines don’t let you book on hold any more. What I do is I go to google flights, enter my intended date of travel and do a screenshot of whatever the price is.

Next create a budget sheet where you list everything thing you will be spending. Add 100€-150€ as a buffer amount to the price of the ticket from step 1 and use that as what you have budgeted for your flight. No need for reservation.— this method worked for all my relatives that visited me while I was in Paris

2. Do a detailed itinerary. Places you want to see. Norte dame is burnt so make sure you don’t add that lol.

3 your budget for the trip should be something you can afford comfortably.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (387) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.