Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University (18789 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Delafruita(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
koolg: A first class degree holder combined with distinction at masters level can get scholarship anywhere so why spend that amount on her to show that you spend?
When he sponsors people like 3rd class graduates who are in dire need of this. That sounds more like charity
why dont you apply to be his consultant on scholarship affairs?you didnt read the part where it was the church that sponsored both her degree and master's programmes abi.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
rodeo0070:
You are yet to answer my question, Sir.
Are you saying your church does not recognize the "less privileged in the society" or "the poor" or the "downtrodden"?
Don't complicate matters my friend. Philanthropic gestures should be applauded irrespective of where it comes from as long as there are no ulterior or negative motives for such an act.

What he did was beautiful, worthy of emulation. But I can't stand anyone concluding JUST BECAUSE A PASTOR BUYS A JET MEANS HE ISN'T DOING MUCH MORE IN THE CLOSET. THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER PASTORS GIVING TO THE NEEDY TOO. TB JOSHUA IS AN EXAMPLE... SO ARE OTHERS THAT ARE DOING SAME IN SECRET OR IN OPEN. with jets or not...
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Delafruita(m): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Chedarking: Did he have to announce it?

True Philanthropy gives for givings sake, not to be recognized.

Still, Kudos to him...
ignorance is a disease.TB joshua is the pastor of SCOAN but he set up an organization under the umbrella of Emmanuel TV.individuals and organizations partner with emmanuel tv for this gestures.thats why it always says "emmanuel tv and partners".emmanuel tv does yearly audits and the audit is publicly presented.he has given the charity organization a foundation that will outlive him.thats the way to go
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by 4Play(m): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sagamite: Moronic story to the person congregation he leads like blind sheep!

No 1, a PhD in Oxford does not cost £100K. Not even if it was in Medicine, talkless of Engineering.

No 2, except this person Man of Con is admitting he is a looter, he did not sponsor the student. The congregation did. It was the church's money, not his, why is he claiming the glory.

Fool and more foolish followers.

It's amazing it took 3 pages of reading through complete guff to come across something remotely reasonable. It will be interesting to see an explanation of why the cost of studying for a PHD at Oxford could be pegged at £100,000.00. You can get a ballpark figure by using this link. http://www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding/search/launch/

It's also incredible that no distinction is made between the shyster's money and that of his congregation. He has a lot of explaining to do if he has £100,000.00 lying around.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by andyanders: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
God will continually bless him, his ministry and his partners in Jesus name. He owns no cars of his own, no house of his own,no private jets, but impact on the less privileged, the widows and widowers, orphans and name them. May God bless him. He is God sent to the entire world.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Delafruita(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sweetlemon: Is this not the same church where young children are made to publicly confess that they are witches and wizards. It beats me as to how some people will just assume that just because other pastors do not publicize their good deeds, some low IQed Nigerians will think that they do not give. In my own chirch, it is a taboo for a worker to publicly annouce his/her good deeds, talkless of a pastor! #smh @ the pathetic gullibility of some Nigerians
at least he doesnt slap them

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by topsyking: 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mad Cow: ...This man may be weird and scary, But there is no contesting his philanthropy.... He makes Oritsejafor, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome and 98% of Nigerian Pastors look like Jesus Pimping FUCKTARDS..
Now u r living up to ur name..U r a really mad cow
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Ezeufi: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Lol and the recipient of the "scholarship" is female grin grin grin well done TB joshua go and dive in there grin grin grin
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
buchibabe:

Ur a bastard. Y quote me u ant?? u joshua hater dat eats frm d ground.r u lukin for whom to bully here? Eediyot

I See your problem... complex! “looking for whom to bully“ Well, I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED u dnt need insults to make a point but a well diplomatic, reasonable reason why people should hear you out... I didn't mean to insult u , miss or mrs. I AM SO SORRY IF I DID...
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sweetlemon(f): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Delafruita: at least he doesnt slap them
Another desperate agent
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Another desperate agent

They are many here oh...
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by chreldb(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sagamite: Moronic story to the person congregation he leads like blind sheep!

No 1, a PhD in Oxford does not cost £100K. Not even if it was in Medicine, talkless of Engineering.

No 2, except this person Man of Con is admitting he is a looter, he did not sponsor the student. The congregation did. It was the church's money, not his, why is he claiming the glory.

Fool and more foolish followers.

@ bolded, a combination of tuition fees and living expenses for three years (36 months) will accumulate to about 100k pounds. @ 1000 pounds monthly living expense for 36 months and 22,000 pounds yearly tuition for three years, do the maths. I agree with your second point but without the insults.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sweetlemon(f): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:

They are many here oh...
Na real wa o! I wonder why they are so desperate! Kai!
*blood of Jesus!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by zoedicus: 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
. . . .so the person can come back and be a dangote driver? (my muse)

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by baby124: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
hmmm.....

Many contradictions in this story. And TB is known for having all sorts of actors.

Anyway, God is watching all of us and know who serves him in truth.

Maybe he wants to buy jet soonest, you people have put them under searchlight.

Continue the pressure, they have no option but to change

Let me ask, maybe am ignorant: "how does someone who got a Masters in Broadband communication go on to do PhD in Engineering Science"? Maybe its me sha. But God is watching all of us in 5D. they should know Nigerians are smarter than this na. Ahn ahn! undecided
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2012
TB Joshua is my messi
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by MadCow1: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
rgrl: How dare you refer to Men of God as Fucktards? Must they announce their good deeds before men? Pls watch ur tongue!

I just did...

And yes, they should announce it.. After all they announce the collection of the money, so ey should announce what they did with it.. In Canada and France, the Anglican churches there mak presentations every month on how much was recieved in tithes and offerings.. In Nigeria, that one is strictly for the pastors consumption..

They are all jet owning thieving fucktards.. I said it.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
i see the redeemers and winners are here full force,every one knows tb joshua is generous,its one thing that comes up when he is mentioned,they'll say "but he is generous",how many children of winners members have been given scholarships?or how lowcost estates has mog daddy built for his sheep,some years ago i heard how one pregnant lady was turned away for redeemed,she gave birth and left the child on the steps of a catholic church,who then gave the child to the police,thought the house of god was to be a santuary,but no it isnt,what do they do with tithe and offerings?squander it on avarice
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by zoedicus: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ezeufi: Lol and the recipient of the "scholarship" is female grin grin grin well done TB joshua go and dive in there grin grin grin
i'm afraid one of these e-animals is on NL.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Ruthygil: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
There is nothing extra ordinary about what the man of God is doing. In fact it is suppose to be a normal thing for any child of God to do. My only problem is the propaganda which is not Christ Like. Remember Jesus Said, when you give an offering or a gift to somebody that we should not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. He advised that we should do our good works in the secret and God who sees in the secret will reward whoever does good works in the public. Some men of God in this country are doing wonderful works of God and nobody knows, they would not advertise like their master Jesus Christ who will tell the people he heals not to reveal to people what he has done.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by WENGERNOMICS(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
When your right hand is giving a gift......don't let your left hand know your right hand gave the gift. And so what is all this publicity staunt for...Smart timing.....just at the time other pastors are accused of buying private jets.....d news flies out....big deal.... I heared that 90% of 1st set students @ Landmark University are under David Oyedepo foundation scholarship......Oya do d maths....900*350,000 per year for 4 years.......But has anyone heared about it....

The next time you give to the poor and ur intention is so that people will see you......they have seen you and that is your reward.

By the way.....let it be known to all.....that being poor and needy is not a ticket to heaven.....All this give to d poor ,,,give to the poor.....Jesus said made d most controversial statement.......The Poor you will always have with you!

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by zoedicus: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mad Cow:

I just did...

And yes, they should announce it.. After all they announce the collection of the money, so ey should announce what they did with it.. In Canada and France, the Anglican churches there mak presentations every month on how much was recieved in tithes and offerings.. In Nigeria, that one is strictly for the pastors consumption..

They are all jet owning thieving fucktards.. I said it.
sure, i've known u for great stupidity and madness, just like ur name.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Clemzy16(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Don't celebrate yet. The best is yet to come. Thumbs up T.B joshua. I like your personality.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by aglomar: 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Our leaders would have unmeritoriously chosen ministers' children 4 such awards.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
WENGERNOMICS: When your right hand is giving a gift......don't let your left hand know your right hand gave the gift. And so what is all this publicity staunt for...Smart timing.....just at the time other pastors are accused of buying private jets.....d news flies out....big deal.... I heared that 90% of 1st set students @ Landmark University are under David Oyedepo foundation scholarship......Oya do d maths....900*350,000 per year for 4 years.......But has anyone heared about it....

The next time you give to the poor and ur intention is so that people will see you......they have seen you and that is your reward.

By the way.....let it be known to all.....that being poor and needy is not a ticket to heaven.....All this give to d poor ,,,give to the poor.....Jesus said made d most controversial statement.......The Poor you will always have with you!
sorry that isnt true,did winners pastor ever donate to those faced with sectarian violence?most were christains,we have people pleading for funds to go abroad for medicals?any response?nana,psquaare responded,davido responded,are they wealthier?no they were more preoccupied in competing about who has the flyest jet
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Urine: 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
Matthew 6:1-4
English Standard Version (ESV)
Giving to the Needy

6 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Please note the quotation marks, according to the bible, Jesus said this.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
WENGERNOMICS: When your right hand is giving a gift......don't let your left hand know your right hand gave the gift. And so what is all this publicity staunt for...Smart timing.....just at the time other pastors are accused of buying private jets.....d news flies out....big deal.... I heared that 90% of 1st set students @ Landmark University are under David Oyedepo foundation scholarship......Oya do d maths....900*350,000 per year for 4 years.......But has anyone heared about it....

GOD BLESS YOUR GENERATION FOR THAT POINT... Scholarship for all 1st year students in Landmark University! MATTER IS CLOSED! IGNORAMUSES SHOULD GO TO BED!!!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2012

GOD BLESS YOUR GENERATION FOR THAT POINT... Scholarship for1st year students in Landmark University! MATTER IS CLOSED! IGNORAMUSES SHOULD GO TO BED!!!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:

GOD BLESS YOUR GENERATION FOR THAT POINT... Scholarship for1st year students in Landmark University! MATTER IS CLOSED! IGNORAMUSES SHOULD GO TO BED!!!
na wash,419,scam,lie....the same bible says by their seeds u shall know the,convenant university,compulsory hiv testing,and discrimination,is that what jesus taught u?in the last days many shall tell the lord,but i served you and he will reply,when i was naked did u clothe me?when i hungry,did you feed me.?

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by SlyIg(f): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
[quote author=isangedigh]

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
ehie: sorry that isnt true,did winners pastor ever donate to those faced with sectarian violence?most were christains,we have people pleading for funds to go abroad for medicals?any response?nana,psquaare responded,davido responded,are they wealthier?no they were more preoccupied in competing about who has the flyest jet

POINTLESS--- Because He owns a jet and universities, he should start giving people piggy backs... Its funny. You, in your small corner, are you a giver? answer honestly please. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE. Nothing is cheaper than saying words...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.