Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:11 PM

Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? (4432 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
Igbo people can never agre on a common point, they are difficult to lead and have their opinion on evrything. Time has come for us to try and see which state governor or people are performing and which state have more thiefs.

After reading comments for the past 6 months I"ve been reading this forum, i think its best we correct some impressions while creating new ones. Lets do this alphabetically.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by MajeOfficial: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
I consider Amaechi igbo and Rivers igbo being it's majority igbo and igbos are in power. So either Amaechi or Sullivan.

As for the Southeast, Sullivan without a doubt.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
ABIA

Since the creation of this state, it has got some problems, the major one is corruption. Everybody in this state 'open eye' everybody wants to make more money than everbody. But the worst problem here is the government, this people has always been cursed by horrible leaders especially the governors. Orji uzor kalu was a thief! Theodore is proving to be worse that Uzor kalu. There is no hope as the next governor may even be the worst, the people keep lookin and complaining. Aba is dirty and unkempt. Umuahia looks like a LG hqtrs, kidnappers used this place as national capital and insecurity is stil the worst problem here.

I think the good people of Abia should rise up and say NO to political slavery.

There are notable intelligent people from this state, professionals, businessmen and talented entertainers here.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
ANAMBRA

To whom much is given, much more is expected. And that is why I think Anambra state is underperforming! I no go hide am, i am supposed to be more defensive of this state because of my origins but a bad thing should be condemned. Peter obi is not doing his best in this our state. I once saw a picture of onisha where pigs were swimming in the mud in the middle of a very busy street!
Generally, the state lacks infastructure and security. Given the quality of human and material resources we have, we should rule the world, but everybody is making their own billions and abandoning group effort. The senators here should be pushing for better deals from Abuja but they are there fighting. Its a theater of the absurd, where everybody is a mini king and rules over nothing. Its a shame and a pity that some comments i read here are blindly praising Obi while he makes his billions and leaves the state looking poor.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by seanet01: 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
They are all dummies
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by younglad007(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
Definately imo state
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
EBONYI

This state is very young and poor, talking about allocations. But has enough potentials in agriculture. There is this tendendacy to elect only old men as governors in this state. They should elect younger men to enforce security, solve the Ezza/Ezillo confrontation.
Lack of education is a problem here as the citizenry are mostly timid. Ebonyians and Elechi Martin can do better. They should improve!
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
younglad007: Definately imo state

Which Imo? The one where rochas has been making too much noise and doing very little?
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
seanet01: They are all dummies

Who is the best dummy? grin
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
I think -all things considered- Enugu state is the best performing (but that doesn't mean i'm giving them an A+); followed by Imo state; then Anambra state; then Ebonyi state; with Abia state bringing up the rear.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
[quote author=]I consider Amaechi igbo and Rivers igbo being it's majority igbo and igbos are in power. So either Amaechi or Sullivan.

As for the Southeast, Sullivan without a doubt. [/quote]

Which Sullivan? The one who cannot come out and address the public because he cannot speak good English? grin
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I think -all things considered- Enugu state is the best performing (but that doesn't mean i'm giving them an A+); followed by Imo state; then Anambra state; then Ebonyi state; with Abia state bringing up the rear.

It may not be so, wait till i dig up dirty facts about Sullivan tongue
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ebonyi state
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
seanet01: They are all dummies

^^^You just couldn't resist giving your unbiased, well-balanced and matured contribution to the topic could you?
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Ebonyi state

Ebonyi is better than Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by passion007: 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
I am from Enugu, and all I can say is that the State Govt is just doing enough to keep her citizens from complaining. Frankly, there is a lot that ought to be done, but the consolation is that the government is showing the political will to get it done. Of course, comparing to Anambra which is a commerce-driven economy, Enugu has a lot of catching-up to do. BUt in actual fact, a state need not be completely commercial to thrive. Enugu is a peaceful city and a meeting point for all Igbos who all live in peace. Growing up, my favorite neighbors were from Imo, our next-door neighbors were from Ebonyi, my mother's best friend was from Delta--we used to find the dialectual differences exhilarating, nevertheless we lived in harmony and that has taught me to value being Igbo.

Our leaders owe us big time. We have invested our trust and confidence in them and so far, they have not quite amazed us--yes, we are waiting to be amazed, not that we are dissatisfied (speaking as an Enugu indigene), but we believe there is so much government could be doing. I personally bemoan our moribund tax system. Government would fare much better if she concretized on property tax, vehicle reg tax, other taxes relating to businesses. Internally-generated revenue is the way to go, over-dependence on oil money has not helped us so far-and I'm referring to no state in particular.

I, for one, believe we can get it right.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^^ taxing the citizenry will implode the nation! They dont want to tax you because you will become more desperate for performance and their looting will reduce. They want to keep you off the picture by using only oil money too chop.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Obinnau(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
van bonattel:

Which Sullivan? The one who cannot come out and address the public because he cannot speak good English? grin
who told u such? U should only say u cant comprehend what he is saying!
passion007: I am from Enugu, and all I can say is that the State Govt is just doing enough to keep her citizens from complaining. Frankly, there is a lot that ought to be done, but the consolation is that the government is showing the political will to get it done. Of course, comparing to Anambra which is a commerce-driven economy, Enugu has a lot of catching-up to do. BUt in actual fact, a state need not be completely commercial to thrive. Enugu is a peaceful city and a meeting point for all Igbos who all live in peace. Growing up, my favorite neighbors were from Imo, our next-door neighbors were from Ebonyi, my mother's best friend was from Delta--we used to find the dialectual differences exhilarating, nevertheless we lived in harmony and that has taught me to value being Igbo.

Our leaders owe us big time. We have invested our trust and confidence in them and so far, they have not quite amazed us--yes, we are waiting to be amazed, not that we are dissatisfied (speaking as an Enugu indigene), but we believe there is so much government could be doing. I personally bemoan our moribund tax system. Government would fare much better if she concretized on property tax, vehicle reg tax, other taxes relating to businesses. Internally-generated revenue is the way to go, over-dependence on oil money has not helped us so far-and I'm referring to no state in particular.

van bonattel:

who told u such? U should only say u cant comprehend what he is saying!am wit u on this one enugu is the best all the way!
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Obinnau(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by saintneo(m): 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
passion007: I am from Enugu, and all I can say is that the State Govt is just doing enough to keep her citizens from complaining. Frankly, there is a lot that ought to be done, but the consolation is that the government is showing the political will to get it done. Of course, comparing to Anambra which is a commerce-driven economy, Enugu has a lot of catching-up to do. BUt in actual fact, a state need not be completely commercial to thrive. Enugu is a peaceful city and a meeting point for all Igbos who all live in peace. Growing up, my favorite neighbors were from Imo, our next-door neighbors were from Ebonyi, my mother's best friend was from Delta--we used to find the dialectual differences exhilarating, nevertheless we lived in harmony and that has taught me to value being Igbo.

greetings - ekele wu oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by saintneo(m): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
Keep it coming people. Name and shame under-performers.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Onlytruth(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
van bonattel: ANAMBRA

To whom much is given, much more is expected. And that is why I think Anambra state is underperforming! I no go hide am, i am supposed to be more defensive of this state because of my origins but a bad thing should be condemned. Peter obi is not doing his best in this our state. I once saw a picture of onisha where pigs were swimming in the mud in the middle of a very busy street!
Generally, the state lacks infastructure and security. Given the quality of human and material resources we have, we should rule the world, but everybody is making their own billions and abandoning group effort. The senators here should be pushing for better deals from Abuja but they are there fighting. Its a theater of the absurd, where everybody is a mini king and rules over nothing. Its a shame and a pity that some comments i read here are blindly praising Obi while he makes his billions and leaves the state looking poor.

My brother, if I have not already taken the title of "Ndu di n'eziokwu" I would have conferred you with that title because you captured the WHOLE TRUTH about my state Anambra.
I will illustrate a little.

Here in the US we have ASA (Anambra USA), and on several occassions, we STRUGGLE to implement some of easiest projects back in Nigeria. Even our medical missions back home is always a struggle. It has forced some of us to be more active in our local towns unions than the state one. Nnewi USA has achieved more than Anambra USA (can you believe that?! ). I am personally happy, however, because I was able to achieve the impossible with some of our (Anambra) people -we set up a JOINT BUSINESS VENTURE. It is a pilot scheme which no other Igbo state has achieved so far, but still it is not Anambra USA that created it, we did it as individual Anambrarians. We plan to expand it to include ALL Igbo.

I keep telling our people that the ONLY WAY FORWARD IS TOGETHER.
Igwe bu ike!

To be fair to Anambra, the same problem is found in all Igbo states, but we lament Anambra more because most Igbo would agree that the state has a huge potential if the people there can work together. Enough of this "everybody is king" nonsense because we will all go extinct if we don't drop it.
That is why our Eze Ndigbo here, under my tenure, has worked tirelessly to unite our people and to pick our Eze on an annual basis, from ANY Igbo state. cool

Let's always situate our problems, and align them to REAL solutions, than to simply talk about them.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by PaulJohn1: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
van bonattel:

Ebonyi is better than Ekiti.

Details
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by passion007: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
saintneo: greetings - ekele wu oooooooo
deeje wunem, i mere ekaa?
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 11:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
ENUGU

This state has the advantage of being the regional capital of the igbos, and such some people can argue that the governors have some advantages ahead of others since its the whits that designed the old parts of this city. The people of Enugu are educated but many are into trading like all igbo people.
Infrastructure here is i a better shape that other igbo states, if the reports we see online are not stage managed (film trick). Gov chime acts very timid and cannot face the public, maybe he does not know how to speak grammer.

This state is not an oil state, and stil manage to develop a peaceful capital.
I hear that this state had always been blessed by good leadership eg. Nwobodo, Nnamani etc. But chime has been accused of focusing his development action only in enugu city. He should face the villages and develop everywhere in the state.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:51pm On Nov 18, 2012

You can lie and pretend all you want but you are not from Omanbal nyelu Umu-Igbo onu fa ji aba nba! F..uck off! Who dash monkey banana!
Omanbala is the most economic solid state in the whole of eastern Nigeria. Obi has brought so many infrastructural development in the state that no eastern state has. Did you think Jonathan put him in his economic team for nothing! He has openned somany undeveloped town in Omanbala for business including Anam and Ogbaru area who are the foodbasket of our beloved Omanbala but has no single tarred road. Today,go to Anam and see the manifestation of a vissionary leader. Trucks can access the roads and bring commodities to the big towns for sale and that what I economic growth. Before these our hardworking farmers will use canoe to transport their farm produce. Anambra state university has college of medicine and engineering department because of Obi. He has brought tens of multi billion dollar corporation because of a friendly business atmosphere in the state. He motivated Innoson motors and patronized his vehicle. I can go on forever. People like you are not very wise because you want him to ingnore the most pressing issue and start planting green grass,flowers and sweep the roads while ppl surfer. I know a lot of yorubas who were traders without a strong capital but the will throw an Owanbe party on credit forgeting about tomorow but you will see some Igbo young guys with mansion all over lagos but they will be acting like they are broke...Peter Obi has that genius Omanbala sense. He is concentration on the most pressing issue. Go to ekwuluobia and you will grace a new city arising because of solid infracstructural development. I am not a fool; Ngige tarre roads while he was the governor but Obi is tackling all sectors simultaneously.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Dainfamous: 12:08am On Nov 19, 2012

u are not far from the truth angry
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 12:18am On Nov 19, 2012
^^^ all these praise for Obi? The same underperforming Obi or are you talking of Mikel? Sweeping statements like 'he has turned Ekulobia to heaven' or he has made anam and other towns wealthy is just a huge joke, and the joke is on you. Those guys in the riverine areas are really suffering and you are here playing politics. Obi is roaring like a lion and hiding like a rabbit!

Ngige is much better than obi, we the people says so and obi can work in jonathan economic team, and stop pretending to be governor of anmbra state. These are two different fields and i still think Obi makes a good businessman and a bad leader, ask the poor in anambra state.
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:37am On Nov 19, 2012
Da infamous: u are not far from the truth angry

Ezi nwa Omanbala,ichetakwoo ka Omanbala di tupu Obi wee banye na okwa ochichi ?
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by vanbonattel: 12:47am On Nov 19, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Ezi nwa Omanbala,ichetakwoo ka Omanbala di tupu Obi wee banye na okwa ochichi ?

Gwa anyi ihe Obi meputara eri oge nine o chiri anambra. Where did he build a bridge? a flyover? A mega company or something extraordinary?
He is just sitting pretty while making a lot of noise with little action. Apart from the road he is doing from bridge head market, this man may have nothing to show for two tenures!
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Obinnau(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2012
before comparing and contrasting pls be sure u have either toured or visited all of the eastern state! U know i live in enugu and at times i feel like enugu is not moving like its counterparts in the southeast but when i started visiting other states i found out that though enugu is not a mega city but it is a mega city compared to most eastern states
Odenigbo Aroli:

You can lie and pretend all you want but you are not from Omanbal nyelu Umu-Igbo onu fa ji aba nba! F..uck off! Who dash monkey banana!
Omanbala is the most economic solid state in the whole of eastern Nigeria. Obi has brought so many infrastructural development in the state that no eastern state has. Did you think Jonathan put him in his economic team for nothing! He has openned somany undeveloped town in Omanbala for business including Anam and Ogbaru area who are the foodbasket of our beloved Omanbala but has no single tarred road. Today,go to Anam and see the manifestation of a vissionary leader. Trucks can access the roads and bring commodities to the big towns for sale and that what I economic growth. Before these our hardworking farmers will use canoe to transport their farm produce. Anambra state university has college of medicine and engineering department because of Obi. He has brought tens of multi billion dollar corporation because of a friendly business atmosphere in the state. He motivated Innoson motors and patronized his vehicle. I can go on forever. People like you are not very wise because you want him to ingnore the most pressing issue and start planting green grass,flowers and sweep the roads while ppl surfer. I know a lot of yorubas who were traders without a strong capital but the will throw an Owanbe party on credit forgeting about tomorow but you will see some Igbo young guys with mansion all over lagos but they will be acting like they are broke...Peter Obi has that genius Omanbala sense. He is concentration on the most pressing issue. Go to ekwuluobia and you will grace a new city arising because of solid infracstructural development. I am not a fool; Ngige tarre roads while he was the governor but Obi is tackling all sectors simultaneously.
before comparing and contrasting pls be sure u have either toured or visited all of the eastern state! U know i live in enugu and at times i feel like enugu is not moving like its counterparts in the southeast but when i started visiting other states i found out that though enugu is not a mega city but it is a mega city compared to most eastern states
Re: Which Igbo State Is Best Performing? by Sealeddeal(m): 11:30am On Nov 19, 2012
Sometimes,when i see all these debate about SE,i will start to think that some people who claimed to be educated,aged,really still need alot to know.it will do us no good to debate perpetually on one issue without coming to reasonable conclusion. Many people here are keen on standing where they are,they dont want to accept other people's opinion maybe because most opinions are based on sentiment and personal interest instead of collective interest and as such,u will see some rich people who will tell you that Gov.Sullivain Chime's beautification of Enugu city makes him the best performing gov just because,they can easily go there and enjoy themselves without thinking that poor people in viliages have no clean water service,no social/infrastructural facilities,no good road,no standard schools,no food.these sets of people dont care because,it doesnt concern them.what then is the essence of,'igwe bu ike'? South easterners should think of collective interest instead of personal interest. Before u compare states(Gov) in SE,there are certain things u must take into consideration and they include; the state of government prior to emergence of regime under comparison,the allocation of the state,revenue generation and derivation,security,performance,etc.From this stand point u can now compare state governors and the performance of their respective state.if u take all these into consideration,u will surely find out that the best governor in SE is Gov.Peter Obi but the best performing state is not Anambra state maybe,like someone said,'to whom much is given,much is expected'.Gov.Peter Obi has given to Anambra people what they are supposed to get atleast for now but the question is,have Anambrarians given to Anambra state what she is supposed to get from them? Govt is a collective responsibility. In Enugu state,Gov.Sullivain Chime is trying but his best is not good enough. I have lived in nsukka for about 5years now and the only place u can see govt presence is in enugu city and its surrounding.others are on their own.I have not been to Imo state but i know that Gov.Rochas Okorocha recently assumed office and therefore,it will not be good to compare him with others now.

(1) (Reply)

Wounded Biafran Protesters In Onitsha Anambra State Today - Graphic Photos / Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Isn't It Funny Igbos Say African Countries Are Better Off Divided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.