Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166326 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 8:08am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

Do you lack comprehension skills?
I dont lack any...You have spoken the truth and nothing but the truth. I have always known you to straight forward, but... when there is a will, there is way.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy: I dont lack any...You have spoken the truth and nothing but the truth. I have always known you to straight forward, but... when there is a will, there is way.

The way begins with you acquiring all the necessary skills you can.
Apply for all entry level jobs available and hope for the best.
Have a back up plan, the oil industry is not a do or die affair, get another job first and gain experience.

You've been on the Total thread long enough by now you should know a lot is required from candidates.
High level of intelligence and necessary qualification.

Forget about a neighbour or friend of yours who is a dummy and works in Shell.
You never know how people get their jobs, work hard and stop swallowing everything read on NL.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:14am On Jan 17, 2013
EverythinG her is outright lies. YounG graduates pls don't be discouraGed by this uninformed thrash. Madam, pls how can you come to a public forum and be saying this kind of rubbish?
I went to a Federal University

I studied Elect elect

I made a 2:1

I even gate crashed the aptitude test

I was employed by a Multi- National and posted to Norway. I knew no one in that company.

Stop lying to people pls. We were 3 in my class that joined this company at the same time and we knew no one. I also helped another lady to join same company, by coaching her.

The other companies there I cannot list.

Its wrong when ppl come to a public forum and other ppl that they are lying and use fake stories to buttress their points.

Come off NLD lemme educate cos that's what u need.

I also try to release less abt my company except to ppl that write me outside NlD.
BlueDiva: Lots of info here is outright lies.
Perhaps you guys are referring to the palm oil companies.

Let me tell you how employment works.
The quota system is divided into so many groups.

Influential leaders of oil communities have their candidates.
Top government officials and top senior oil execs have theirs.

The few remaining spot is highly competitive.
Intelligent students are head hunted from foreign schools.
Experienced staff, both local and expatriates are also headhunted.

You are left with less than 10% from which random intelligent young graduates are taken from those who scale the aptitude test.
Experienced staff who apply and meet the requirements are also considered.

For anyone to be amongst that 10% group you have to be very smart or very lucky.

Don't let anybody deceive you that they can get you in with a snap of the finger.
Lot's of people here are only talking from their Nysc or IT experience with an oil company. They don't know jack.

Submit your cv to the gate man or whomever and it ends up in the shredder.
Staff who have worked for 20yrs can't even get their people into the industry.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2013
Over humility dey worry you. I don't se d true picture in what this discrediter is saying
2sexy: I dont lack any...You have spoken the truth and nothing but the truth. I have always known you to straight forward, but... when there is a will, there is way.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 8:21am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Over humility dey worry you. I don't se d true picture in what discrediter is saying
you dont understand... it is not over humility kan kan... we know jobs are hard to find, yet people are getting in everyday...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: EverythinG her is outright lies. YounG graduates pls don't be discouraGed by this uninformed thrash. Madam, pls how caan you come to a piblic forum and be saying this kind of rubbish.
I went to a Federal University

I studied Elect elect

I made a 2:1

I even gate crashed the aptitude test

I was employed by a Multi- National and posted to Norway. I knew no one in that company.

Stop lying to people pls. We were 3 in my class that joined this company at the same time and we knew no one. I also helped another lady to join same company, by caoching her.

The other companies there I cannot list.

Its wrong when ppl come to a public forum and other ppl that they are lying and use fake stories to buttress their points.

Come off NLD lemme educate cos that's what u need.

Nobody says you must know anyone but you have to be outstanding.
Something which you are not.

Firstly, you don't strike me as smart, poor English and comprehension skills.
Secondly you keep saying you helped people into the industry and i repeat STFU, you're lying.

What is a multi national? I asked you a question and you're yapping a multinational posting you to Norway.
You didn't work anywhere close to an oil company. We know those who did even from their posts.

All you've been yapping is how you helped people, you haven't said anything to prove your case.
Where did you work? Which department? What was your job function?

Maybe you worked in Okomu oil. Anuofia. grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:27am On Jan 17, 2013
I don't understand that someone says that all the oil companies in Nigeria run a quota system. That's ouright lies bro.

Or someone who knows me from no where is saying that all I said is lies. That's rally very immature and narrow minded. That she hasn't seen it happen doesn't make it impossible. Some companies may recruit via quota system but that doesn't mean that others do not recruit without the sam system that she believes. Blues Diva meet me offline if u want the proof of all I narratd there. Its very wrong for you to come out and discredit a story without your on evidence. Infact as Nlders will say its very narrowminded Nigerian.
2sexy: you dont understand...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:29am On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy since u know her so well. Pls send her my CV. Then I can send her copis of my payment slip.
2sexy: you dont understand... it is not over humility kan kan... we know jobs are hard to find, yet people are getting in everyday...

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:32am On Jan 17, 2013
Madam, all I can say is SMH. You are just so The average Nigerian female. So full of hate and bile for her fellow woman who is succesful. I am so sorry for you. I have told 2sexy to forward u my CV and then I forward u my credntials including payment slips through him. You need serious help to be more polite and less insulting. I won't dignify your behaviour with a NLD war. I am way more matured than that.

For ppl reading, I for privacy reasons won't post my work place here. That would very silly and unprofessional of m
BlueDiva:

Nobody says you must know anyone but you have to be outstanding.
Something which you are not.

Firstly, you don't strike me as smart, poor English and comprehension skills.
Secondly you keep saying you helped people into the industry and i repeat STFU, you're lying.

What is a multi national? I asked you a question and you're yapping a multinational posting you to Norway.
You didn't work anywhere close to an oil company. We know those who did even from their posts.

All you've been yapping is how you helped people, you haven't said anything to prove your case.
Where did you work? Which department? What was your job function?

Maybe you worked in Okomu oil. Anuofia. grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 17, 2013

You are left with less than 10% from which random intelligent young graduates are taken from those who scale the aptitude test.

For anyone to be amongst that 10% group you have to be very smart or very lucky.

Don't let anybody deceive you that they can get you in with a snap of the finger.
Lot's of people here are only talking from their Nysc or IT experience with an oil company. They don't know jack.

I beg to differ from your opinion here.

The issue of smart people getting into the industry is highly overrated,
i don't know where you work, but i must say that, letting on as if oil companies have the most intelligent minds, is a serious laugh.

Whatever you have posted here, we have known for a long time, there is nothing new about it,

We understand that there has always and there will always be internal and external politics in the oil and gas industry,

I believe what this thread is all about is for us to get such necessary information.
So please quit acting like, you understand the industry way better than we do.

Can you show me a copy of how you came about this analysis?

Am not in the oil industry yet, but i know a lot not to be discouraged by your lot.

people who know all the problems but never any solutions...

Regards

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2013
Blue Diva, why do you judge people by their post and writing on nairaland...?

what makes what Kitty-kat say a lie, do you have eveidence?

I seem to notice something, once someone makes mistakes and type with errors, he is not worthy or fit to be an oil staff, even though the same person dish out info to help people, he is a scammer.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Madam, all I can say is SMH. You are just so The average Nigerian female. So full of hate and bile for her fellow woman who is succesful. I am so sorry for you. I have told 2sexy to forward u my CV and then I forward u my credntials including payment slips through him. You need serious help to be more polite and less insulting. I won't dignify your behaviour with a NLD war. I am way more matured than that.

For ppl reading, I for privacy reasons won't post my work place here. That would very silly and unprofessional of m

Emm. . . stick to what you know. That's all.
I would hate to see another thread of how someone gave someone money for employment.

Stop creating an impression that is false.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Madam admit ur wrongs. I know deep in u, u know that u hv done the wrong thing. I have never asked anyone for money and I don't have the strnght to even help anyone on NLD. Moreover I don't need money to hlp anyone. Its not my philosophy and I don't need the money. I help strangers who don't even ask for help. I see and once I notice their need, I offer it.

Just be more polite and opn minded in the future. I wish u d best.

BlueDiva:

Emm. . . stick to what you know. That's all.
I would hate to see another thread of how someone gave someone money for employment.

Stop creating an impression that is false.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

I beg to differ from your opinion here.

The issue of smart people getting into the industry is highly overrated,
i don't know where you work, but i must say that, letting on as if oil companies have the most intelligent minds, is a serious laugh.

Whatever you have posted here, we have known for a long time, there is nothing new about it,

We understand that there has always and there will always be internal and external politics in the oil and gas industry,

I believe what this thread is all about is for us to get such necessary information.
So please quit acting like, you understand the industry way better than we do.

Can you show me a copy of how you came about this analysis?

Am not in the oil industry yet, but i know a lot not to be discouraged by your lot.

people who know all the problems but never any solutions...

Regards

And who is discouraging you?
A smart person has a higher chance of getting employment anywhere in the world.

Typical Nigerians don't enjoy the truth.
You would rather i tell you how easy it is to get in and then you'll start asking for emails and my number.
Next thing I'll drop an account number and smile to to the bank.

Why not take the useful part of my advice? Nobody want's me to spoil the party.
The truth is that you have to have an extra edge over others. A mediocre is a day dreamer.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Madam admit ur wrongs. I know deep in u, u know that u hv done the wrong thing. I have never asked anyone for money and I don't have the strnght to even help anyone on NLD. Moreover I don't need money to hlp anyone. Its not my philosophy and I don't need the money. I help strangers who don't even ask for help. I see and once I notice their need, I offer it.

Just be more polite and opn minded in the future. I wish u d best.

LOL. . this thread needs some sanity.
The OP was in the right direction till charlatans jumped in.

My issue with you is how you keep repeating you helped people in and how security men and cleaners are influential bla bla.
If you repeat such nonsense again i won't hesitate to call you what i called you earlier. I'm a realist!!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy: Blue Diva, why do you judge people by their post and writing on nairaland...?

what makes what Kitty-kat say a lie, do you have eveidence?

I seem to notice something, once someone makes mistakes and type with errors, he is not worthy or fit to be an oil staff, even though the same person dish out info to help people, he is a scammer.

You waste too much time, trying to find out why people are the way they are,
some person's suffer from superiority complex, and there is nothing you are gonna say that will change that.

Nairaland is a faceless forum, so let those that want to be English teachers continue, they can only deceive themselves on-line.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 8:49am On Jan 17, 2013
My dear u have said it all. Some ppl have complex issues. We see them in everyday life so w expect to se them on NLD. I think thy shd spend more time on the romance and gossip section not career section. I had the impression that this thread was to share positive information not for jealous green eyed females to fight other women. Naijababes for live!!! Lmao
Kingsleyinfo:
You waste too much time, trying to find out why people are the way they are,
some person's suffer from superiority complex, and there is nothing you are gonna say that will change that.

Nairaland is a faceless forum, so let those that want to be English teachers continue, they can only deceive themselves on-line.

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

And who is discouraging you?
A smart person has a higher chance of getting employment anywhere in the world.

Typical Nigerians don't enjoy the truth.
You would rather i tell you how easy it is to get in and then you'll start asking for emails and my number.
Next thing I'll drop an account number and smile to to the bank.

Why not take the useful part of my advice? Nobody want's me to spoil the party.
The truth is that you have to have an extra edge over others. A mediocre is a day dreamer.

Poor you,
I am very sure you are not a typical Nigerian, probably Nigerien
Please go back to my post and read where i said we know about all you are saying already.

There is nothing new there, even those in the industry still complain about politics.
This thread is about giving information and ways around the system, just because you don't agree with a person's solution doesn't mean its useless.

Please ma, where and when did you offer advice, i have cross-checked your posts, and all i see are a bunch of unverifiable (ITK) information)
Am yet to see any constructive information you have given so far, madam not typical Nigerian (please tell us how you got your Job, madam smartness)
And please will you stop this your yapping on about smartness, can you even explain the meaning of being smart?
Your superiority complex is gonna be the death of you, and am damn sure am not the first person to have told you this.

Regards

6 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

Poor you,
I am very sure you are not a typical Nigerian, probably Nigerien
Please go back to my post and read where i said we know about all you are saying already.

There is nothing new there, even those in the industry still complain about politics.
This thread is about giving information and ways around the system, just because you don't agree with a person's solution doesn't mean its useless.

Am yet to see any constructive information you have given so far, madam not typical Nigerian
And please will you stop this your yapping on about smartness, can you even explain the meaning of being smart?
Your superiority complex is gonna be the death of you, and am damn sure am not the first person to have told you this.

Regards

You already feel inferior that's why you think I'm superior.
Quote anywhere i hyped myself.

I will continue to speak out when i see nonentities like y'all giving false info on cyberspace.
Getting a job without connection in my country requires an extra edge from the candidate.

I don't banter with simpletons like yourself but i will continue to insist that kitty kat is lying.
I don't see how what i have said should hurt you so much. Are you guys running an employment cartel here and you think my comment will throw a spanner in your plans?

Stop quoting me and if my comments hurt you so much, do us a favour and die.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2013
Swt heart, it seems that Kitty kats achivements is giving u high BP. Unfollow d thread love. You must not read it. I am used to females hating me but let's stop causing distraction on this thread it won't help the young ones. I hv asked 2sexy to send you my credentials, I hope u will be unbiased enough to accept that its real. Women pls let's leave our envy in d kitchen at worst romance and family section not career section too.
BlueDiva:

I will continue to speak out when i see nonentities like y'all giving false info on cyberspace.
Getting a job without connection in my country requires an extra edge from the candidate.

I don't banter with simpletons like yourself but i will continue to insist that kitty kat is lying.
I don't see how what i have said should hurt you so much. Are you guys running an employment cartel here and you think my comment will throw a spanner in your plans?

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 17, 2013

What an analysis!
Bravo cheesy cheesy.

Now slap yourself!

Pls, first advice.....

1. Go find out the meaning of Mullti national producing oil and gas company.

2. Multi national servicing oil and gas company.

3. Indigenous producing oil and gas company.

4. Indigenous servicing oil and gas company.

And you tell me which category your analysis falls in place.

Kitty kat had already answered you! She is more like the professional here, but I wouldn't even want her to go further by submitting her cv to you or whatever.

You can hold on to your quota system where by the smart ones here will pick one or two lines to help them in the future.

Btw, you sound frustrated. Maybe you didn't scale through the employment requirement and you had to use this to justify your failures.

Just saying!

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by nitrogen(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Chai! See correct thread.

Seriously, we should agree with both of you (bluediva and kittykat), it is true that the smart and lucky chaps are the ones that get into the industry, but at the same time, one should not under-estimate, although the chance that a gateman can help get your CV to the right department is slim nowadays.

The best is to acquire the necessary certifications as rightly said by bluediva, prepare a very good CV, submit through their job portals or through someone influential, then pray to get called for aptitude test, after that, smartness and luck will make or mar the journey embarked upon. That concludes the matter.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

That is where you are wrong, woman... When you dont know someone, dont say they are lying. Kitty Kat happen to be who she has presented herself to be--a staff of one the multinational oil companies in Nigeria. We are not talking about indigenous oil servicing companies.

She has made her mark in the industry. Does a person have to be Wole Soyinka or a Chinua Achebe before you accept that he or she is a staff of an oil company? That is what I am trying to find out because when this thread was created, a lot of people Jarus and co reviewed the OP as a fake person, possibly a scammer ,simply because he wrote in short hand.

Job hunt is no different from the sphere of life, a complex entity where a lot of things happen. People get job in different ways and I have seen it happen.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

Oh am very confident of my skills,
And i can floor you any day on any topic of your choice

I said you have a superiority complex, that means you have a problem of over estimating yourself.
For someone who talks a-lot about being smart and intelligent, you shouldn't have had a problem understanding that one grin grin

Now you have failed to define smartness, failed to show me the advice you gave, or do i have to define what advice means too undecided undecided

You are carefully avoiding the questions i posited at you, and kept running around in circles

Nobody has said kitty-kat knows it all, but at least she has made effort to give her limited Advice,
Please give your's, its not enough to say you have to be smart bla bla bla, stop being vague and let us know
what exactly people need to be smart about.

When i hear people like you speak, all i can think of is our group of Nigerian politicians and their mentality.

They know all the problems, but can't give a single solution to anything.

If you want me to stop quoting you, please kindly tell Seun to give you the source code to the site so you can remove the quote function,
madam smart... grin grin grin grin

please don't bring your "oversabi" to my side o, otherwise i will make you think twice before you open your mouth and talk next time.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 17, 2013
Most multi national producing O&G companies are on quota system. But the percentage of the quota is what am yet to verify.

For the other categories, forget the quota system, it doesn't work there.

Now, it's left for you to choose where you wanna end up.

Take your destiny in your hands, go out there and grab that job.

All the best!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

Btw, you sound frustrated. Maybe you didn't scale through the employment requirement and you had to use this to justify your failures.

Just saying!

LOL. . .you kids are laughable.
Those who matter know my profile.

I probably scaled through my employment hurdle when your still needed somebody to wipe your ass.
I'm getting a kick from this thread already.

Keep bringing your rag tag army.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2013
nitrogen: grin grin grin grin

Chai! See correct thread.

Seriously, we should agree with both of you (bluediva and kittykat), it is true that the smart and lucky chaps are the ones that get into the industry, but at the same time, one should not under-estimate, although the chance that a gateman can help get your CV to the right department is slim nowadays.

The best is to acquire the necessary certifications as rightly said by bluediva, prepare a very good CV, submit through their job portals or through someone influential, then pray to get called for aptitude test, after that, smartness and luck will make or mar the journey embarked upon. That concludes the matter.

Finally, somebody with a brain.
Thank you for understanding my point of view. An unbiased mind indeed.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

LOL. . .you kids are laughable.
Those who matter know my profile.

I probably scaled through my employment hurdle when your still needed somebody to wipe your ass.
I'm getting a kick from this thread already.

Keep bringing your rag tag army.

You just sound like the kid here, I asked you a question, which of these O&G companies that your analysis falls into?

No answer?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

Oh am very confident of my skills,
And i can floor you any day on any topic of your choice

I said you have a superiority complex, that means you have a problem of over estimating yourself.
For someone who talks a-lot about being smart and intelligent, you shouldn't have had a problem understanding that one grin grin

Now you have failed to define smartness, failed to show me the advice you gave, or do i have to define what advice means too undecided undecided

You are carefully avoiding the questions i posited at you, and kept running around in circles

Nobody has said kitty-kat knows it all, but at least she has made effort to give her limited Advice,
Please give your's, its not enough to say you have to be smart bla bla bla, stop being vague and let us know
what exactly people need to be smart about.

When i hear people like you speak, all i can think of is our group of Nigerian politicians and their mentality.

They know all the problems, but can't give a single solution to anything.

If you want me to stop quoting you, please kindly tell Seun to give you the source code to the site so you can remove the quote function,
madam smart... grin grin grin grin

please don't bring your "oversabi" to my side o, otherwise i will make you think twice before you open your mouth and talk next time.

A bunch of nonsense without meaning.
What advice do you want from me? Go and work hard boy.

Consult your dictionary for the definition of smartness if you're so dull.
I have more than a decade experience in HR in the o&G. I can give you my work profile if that will motivate you.

You haven't said anything smart only to criticize me.
My grouse with kit kat and i use her as an example because she said she gave lot's of people employment - i know enough to know that it's a bloody lie.
I don't expect anybody who knows anything about the industry to say cv's should be submitted to a gate man.

You've admitted to being a wannabe- it's not my duty to school you.
Go and apply for jobs and hope you're smart enough to outshine others or ensure you're connected.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 9:49am On Jan 17, 2013
royal rumble ... grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

You just sound like the kid here, I asked you a question, which of these O&G companies that your analysis falls into?

No answer?

Every oil company operating in Nigeria.
It's funny when ignorant people argue.

Even school leavers want to claim knowledge about the industry.
I await a contrary claim. Debunk my facts if y'all can instead of throwing cheap insults around.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

No answer?

She doesn't have an answer to anything my dear.

The only people that she likes are those who agree with her point of view.
Once you hold a different opinion, she gets defensive and tries in vain to defend her biased and unfounded views.

look at how she has been dodging all the questions i have asked her,
She is so smart, yet she lacks basic analytical skills.

Lets leave her matter for another day jare....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.