Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166068 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

Every oil company operating in Nigeria.
It's funny when ignorant people argue.

Even school leavers want to claim knowledge about the industry.
I await a contrary claim. Debunk my facts if y'all can instead of throwing cheap insults around.

I already stated my position in this thread.

I won't repeat that again.

I still maintain, the quota system you talked about are mostly in the multinational producing O&G company, the percentage is what am yet to verify.

I guess you think every oil company are the same, but they are not.

The indigenous producing O&G companies mostly prefer to hire based on experience(not quota system).

The oil servicing (multi national and indigenous) don't operate the quota system, they hire based on what you can offer.

Also, stop mixing up O&G companies...they differ...same also their operating policies.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

She doesn't have an answer to anything my dear.

The only people that she likes are those who agree with her point of view.
Once you hold a different opinion, she gets defensive and tries in vain to defend her biased and unfounded views.

look at how she has been dodging all the questions i have asked her,
She is so smart, yet she lacks basic analytical skills.

Lets leave her matter for another day jare....

What questions boy? I can't see any questions just drivel.
Ask your questions in a nice and sane manner and you might get an answer.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

I still maintain, the quota system you talked about are mostly in the multinational producing O&G company, the percentage is what am yet to verify.

The indigenous producing O&G companies mostly prefer to hire based on experience(not quota system).

The oil servicing (multi national and indigenous) don't operate the quota system, they hire based on what you can offer.

Also, stop mixing up O&G companies...they differ...same also their operating policies.

FYI the industry is called oil and gas. Encompassing all companies involved in oil exploration, including refining and marketing.
An oil servicing company is different from an oil producing company even though it is part of the O&G.

My comment is referring to core oil companies involved in exploration and refining.
All exploration companies have a quota system for the communities in which they operate.

All exploration companies have a quota for govt candidates though not official.

I don't know what you are talking about here.
You want to teach me about the O&G industry?

Who has referred to the oil servicing companies here? Do you even know what an oil servicing company is?
If you do then you would know from the start what I'm talking about and not start giving silly lectures you don't understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

A bunch of nonsense without meaning.
What advice do you want from me? Go and work hard boy.

Consult your dictionary for the definition of smartness if you're so dull.
I have more than a decade experience in HR in the o&G. I can give you my work profile if that will motivate you.

You haven't said anything smart only to criticize me.
My grouse with kit kat and i use her as an example because she said she gave lot's of people employment - i know enough to know that it's a bloody lie.
I don't expect anybody who knows anything about the industry to say cv's should be submitted to a gate man.

You've admitted to being a wannabe- it's not my duty to school you.
Go and apply for jobs and hope you're smart enough to outshine others or ensure you're connected.

I don't need to be smart to outsmart you,
Don't let me teach you your Job, girl

Check my profile, i am way ahead of my mates on my level.

I am who i am, go jump in the lagoon if it pains you that much.

The oil and gas industry is way bigger than your mindset,
people get in everyday, and everyone follows different paths.

There are issues that should not be brought on-line,
If you can't define what being smart means, just say it, so i can educate you what it means to be smart.

Getting into the oil and gas industry is tough in Nigeria, because the labor market is over saturated,
That's why one must use all available avenues to pursue his or her dreams, and that includes the gate-man, and the Janitor.

So incase you missed the point kitty-kat was trying to make, there it is up there in plain English, so you can understand.

If i have to explain anything to you again before you get it, then i must wonder if you didn't sleep with someone to get a Job, afterall you have to be good at something eh...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

What questions boy? I can't see any questions just drivel.
Ask your questions in a nice and sane manner and you might get an answer.

I already know the answers to the questions i asked you,
The issue is do you?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

Finally someone who knows what she is saying.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:
FYI the industry is called oil and gas. Encompassing all companies involved in oil exploration, including refining and marketing.
An oil servicing company is different from an oil producing company even though it is part of the O&G.

My comment is referring to core oil companies involved in exploration and refining.
All exploration companies have a quota system for the communities in which they operate.

All exploration companies have a quota for govt candidates though not official.

I don't know what you are talking about here.
You want to teach me about the O&G industry?

Who has referred to the oil servicing companies here? Do you even know what an oil servicing company is?
If you do then you would know from the start what I'm talking about and not start giving silly lectures you don't understand.

My dear, you don't group them together, ok? Just listen and learn.

What you are talking about its just the first category, ( the Total, Shell, Chevron, BP, Exxon Mobil etc) and you decided to base your analysis on that.

Kitty Kat might be talking about the other multi national company which by the way are servicing not producing... Eg, the Schlumberger, halliburton, EXpro group, etc.

Never, I repeat make mistake of grouping them together!
You don't need to get all worked up here, if you don't know just ask or sit and listen.

It won't hurt you!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

I don't need to be smart to outsmart you,
Don't let me teach you your Job, girl

I am who i am, go jump in the lagoon if it pains you that much.

The oil and gas industry is way bigger than your mindset,
people get in everyday, and everyone follows different paths.

There are issues that should not be brought on-line,
If you can't define what being smart means, just say it, so i can educate you what it means to be smart.

Getting into the oil and gas industry is tough in Nigeria, because the labor market is over saturated,
That's why one must use all available avenues to pursue his or her dreams, and that includes the gate-man, and the Janitor.

So incase you missed the point kitty-kat was trying to make, there it is up there in plain English, so you can understand.

If i have to explain anything to you again before you get it, then i must wonder if you didn't sleep with someone to get a Job, afterall you have to be good at something eh...

You are even a bigger dummy than i thought.
This statement has buried you. I'm seriously hating myself for stooping to your level.

I actually thought you had half a brain.
Instead of you to gather skills and build your profile you are hoping on a janitor. Mumu cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

My dear, you don't group them together, ok? Just listen and learn.

What you are talking about its just the first category, ( the Total, Shell, Chevron, BP, Exxon Mobil etc) and you decided to base your analysis on that.

Kitty Kat might be talking about the other multi national company which by the way are servicing not producing... Eg, the Schlumberger, halliburton, EXpro group, etc.

Never, I repeat make mistake of grouping them together!
You don't need to get all worked up here, if you don't know just ask or sit and listen.

It won't hurt you!

Stop confusing yourself.
In a clear and explicit manner explain what you said i grouped together.

I can't even figure out what you're talking about.
Even if she is talking about the oil servicing companies she is still talking crap about getting lot's of people jobs. That's my issue.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by nitrogen(m): 10:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

Chai! See learner. grin grin grin grin

Haha! I can't stop laughing ooooo

Might it interest you that, the level you think you are is just a starting point/level for a part 3 undergraduate! We have smarter and silent under-grads and graduates nowadays.

Nairalanders will never cease to amaze me.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

You are even a bigger dummy than i thought.
This statement has buried you. I'm seriously hating myself for stooping to your level.

I actually thought you had half a brain.

Buried who?
Was i dead?

I even elevated you when i quoted your post,
You should be thanking me for teaching you some sense

Please listen to Viken, she is teaching you better than i would have.
You didn't read page 1, you just jumped to page 8 and started talking trash.

This thread was to give information, and let people share their thoughts and ideas on how to get into the oil and gas industry.
stop killing the thread with your narrow mindedness.

You started talking about being smart, do you know how many smart people are there on the street still looking for a Job?
Why make it look as if you know it all when you simply know nothing.

Please take your high headedness elsewhere, i can smell your pride and ego from a mile off, and i don't even know you personally.
That should tell you exactly what stuff am made off.

All you needed to do was simply state your opinion and get the heck off, not assuming you know everything and quoting
non-existent percentages that you can't verify.
Maybe its my training, but when you are dealing with people like me, try and understand exactly what you are getting yourself into,
so you don't end up making a fool of yourself.

What i see, you seem to be the only one who knows what you know.

Go argue with your likes,
You lack the intelligence to comprehend what am trying to put across to you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

Buried who?
Was i dead?

I even elevated you when i quoted your post,
You should be thanking me for teaching you some sense

Please listen to Viken, she is teaching you better than i would have.
You didn't read page 1, you just jumped to page 8 and started talking trash.

This thread was to give information, and let people share their thoughts and ideas on how to get into the oil and gas industry.
stop killing the thread with your narrow mindedness.

You started talking about being smart, do you know how many smart people are there on the street still looking for a Job?
Why make it look as if you know it all when you simply know nothing.

Please take your high headedness elsewhere, i can smell your pride and ego from a mile off, and i don't even know you personally.
That should tell you exactly what stuff am made off.

All you needed to do was simply state your opinion and get the heck off, not assuming you know everything and quoting
non-existent percentages that you can't verify.
Maybe its my training, but when you are dealing with people like me, try and understand exactly what you are getting yourself into,
so you don't end up making a fool of yourself.

What i see, you seem to be the only one who knows what you know.

Go argue with your likes,
You lack the intelligence to comprehend what am trying to put across to you.

LOL. . . i repeat, get an education.
Stop hoping on toilet cleaners. grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

LOL. . . i repeat, get an education.
Stop hoping on toilet cleaners. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am an illiterate o...

I didn't go to school

I don't have an Education

I know alot of toilet cleaners,

At least they have enough brain to differentiate a broom from a brush... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

Stop confusing yourself.
In a clear and explicit manner explain what you said i grouped together.

I can't even figure out what you're talking about.
Even if she is talking about the oil servicing companies she is still talking crap about getting lot's of people jobs. That's my issue.

In O&G industry, we don't group them together, every professional knows that, which clearly is getting you confused.

Different policies guides them and how they respond to community needs also guides them.

Eg, if Mobil have an oil well in a community, they are responsible to that community by providing them some contract or permanent position based on the quota system, but when oil servicing company comes in to work for Mobil in that same community, that policy doesn't bind them because they are professionals and the contract might likely not last for years, and so many other reasons.

That clearly explains where you have a problem with her, that she talked about getting people jobs through a method that just don't fit into your multi national producing O&G company?

Anyway, just like I said, it might be O&G industry, but different policy governs them and the quota system.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy:

That is where you are wrong, woman... When you dont know someone, dont say they are lying. Kitty Kat happen to be who she has presented herself to be--a staff of one the multinational oil companies in Nigeria. We are not talking about indigenous oil servicing companies.

She has made her mark in the industry. Does a person have to be Wole Soyinka or a Chinua Achebe before you accept that he or she is a staff of an oil company? That is what I am trying to find out because when this thread was created, a lot of people Jarus and co reviewed the OP as a fake person, possibly a scammer ,simply because he wrote in short hand.

Job hunt is no different from the sphere of life, a complex entity where a lot of things happen. People get job in different ways and I have seen it happen.

Abeg leave madam ITK....

After sleeping with one oil exec for an office support role, she comes here to tell us about being smart.....

Well she is definitely smart in that department..... lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy:

That is where you are wrong, woman... When you dont know someone, dont say they are lying. Kitty Kat happen to be who she has presented herself to be--a staff of one the multinational oil companies in Nigeria. We are not talking about indigenous oil servicing companies.

She has made her mark in the industry. Does a person have to be Wole Soyinka or a Chinua Achebe before you accept that he or she is a staff of an oil company? That is what I am trying to find out because when this thread was created, a lot of people Jarus and co reviewed the OP as a fake person, possibly a scammer ,simply because he wrote in short hand.

Job hunt is no different from the sphere of life, a complex entity where a lot of things happen. People get job in different ways and I have seen it happen.

Honestly, I have stopped pitying Nigerians that fall for scam. This has only reinforced my position.

This guy is not a Shell staff for God's sake. This is not about short-hand or text, this guy cannot write simple English, nobody is asking for Soyinka-esque proficiency, this is about basic English. I have friends in Shell and have also undergone Shell recruitment process and I can tell a Shell staff from writing. Shell has perhaps the most rigorous recruitment process and half-bakeds will find it hard (impossible, actually) to scale it. There are Shell staff on Nairaland sef, and you hardly see them reveal it, rather, they code it.

This guy's aura is just lower than that of a Shell person, far lower.

I even doubt contract position with Shell sef. A number of my colleagues here are ex-Shell contract, and I know other Shell contracts.

At best, the guy worked for a servicing firm that had contracts/projects with Shell for months (or years)and know few internal things about Shell.

But if you don't believe and choose to fall for his scam, then good luck.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus:

Honestly, I have stopped pitying Nigerians that fall for scam. This has only reinforced my position.

This guy is not a Shell staff for God's sake. This is not about short-hand or text, this guy cannot write simple English, nobody is asking for Soyinka-esque proficiency, this is about basic English. I have friends in Shell and have also undergone Shell recruitment process and I can tell a Shell staff from writing. Shell has perhaps the most rigorous recruitment process and half-bakeds will find it hard (impossible, actually) to scale it. There are Shell staff on Nairaland sef, and you hardly see them reveal it, rather, they code it.

I even doubt contract position with Shell sef. A number of my colleagues here are ex-Shell contract, and I know other Shell contracts.

At best, the guy worked for a servicing firm that had contracts/projects with Shell for months (or years)and know few internal things about Shell.

Maybe the guy was employed based on the quota system of operating community. cheesy cheesy

Since its Shell we are talking about, it might be possible and what Shell will do, it's just give him a photocopy work to handle. We have lots of people like that in Shell but they hardly cross a particular position.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

In O&G industry, we don't group them together, every professional knows that, which clearly is getting you confused.

Different policies guides them and how they respond to community needs also guides them.

Eg, if Mobil have an oil well in a community, they are responsible to that community by providing them some contract or permanent position based on the quota system, but when oil servicing company comes in to work for Mobil in that same community, that policy doesn't bind them because they are professionals and the contract might likely not last for years, and so many other reasons.

That clearly explains where you have a problem with her, that she talked about getting people jobs through a method that just don't fit into your multi national producing O&G company?

Anyway, just like I said, it might be O&G industry, but different policy governs them and the quota system.

Calm down. take a deep breath and re-read what i wrote.
I don't know why you keep talking on grouping.

The discussion has been about oil companies. Oil companies in general term refers to the exploration and refining companies.
Oil servicing companies are still part of the oil and gas industry but are in a different group.

Now if Mobil is based in Eket, Mobil is under obligation to give a certain quota of employment to Eket indigens. Non-negotiable.
An oil servicing company is a service company to an oil company and are not under obligation to the host community per se.

The company which we refer to as oil companies (those that explore the oil from the ground are under obligation to employ and provide amenities to the host community.
An oil servicing company is in a contract to the oil company and not the host community. You get it?

Now, a one man oil servicing company can do whatever it likes even give cleaners the power to employ. cheesy
Halliburton is a multinational and people like kit kat cannot give people employment. Oil servicing company or not.

She referred to a multinational. I would only accept if her 'multinational' is actually a one man servicing company.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus:

Rightly pointed out,
Personally i don't care if the guy is a shell staff, if he gives me valid information that's ok for me.

What 2sexy is saying is that, please next time vet the information not the person.

People should know better than to give money to anyone for Job related issues, all major multinationals have it on their site to that effect.

Some of us here could have easily verified the identity of the original poster, but that's not the point
The point is to understand the need and requirements of the industry and channel our energy properly.

I get it when you say shell staff are high performance people, and its normal to suspect anyone that doesn't live up to that billing
Howbeit, we must also learn the skill of diplomacy in communication, I can raise red flags in a person's post without even having to say it point blank.

And please stop overrating shell staffs o.... let me stop there abeg.. grin grin grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus:

May Allah bless you.
The dummies on the thread think oil companies are for dummies. They say engrish nor mean, just know the toilet cleaner. cheesy

I might argue with Vikin but i would never doubt he/she is a staff of an oil company.
It might be a faceless forum but they are things you'll just know about people by reading their posts.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 17, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

Rightly pointed out,
Personally i don't care if the guy is a shell staff, if he gives me valid information that's ok for me.

What 2sexy is saying is that, please next time vet the information not the person.

People should know better than to give money to anyone for Job related issues, all major multinationals have it on their site to that effect.

Some of us here could have easily verified the identity of the original poster, but that's not the point
The point is to understand the need and requirements of the industry and channel our energy properly.

I get it when you say shell staff are high performance people, and its normal to suspect anyone that doesn't live up to that billing
Howbeit, we must also learn the skill of diplomacy in communication, I can raise red flags in a person's post without even having to say it point blank.

And please stop overrating shell staffs o.... let me stop there abeg.. grin grin grin

End of discussion.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 11:22am On Jan 17, 2013
Blue diva, pls take norvasc, lexotan or valium. I hv helped ppl get jobs in Multi-national OIL Company. You can't change it. They didn't have to sleep with anyone to get the job. For some, I provided vital recruiting info, told them how to get into test centers and for one case I mentioned, we had to meet a top executive. I don't know why u are taking it so personal.

Vikin, you are really good. I am suspecting u work for the Big Blue or the Red.

Typing English or engrish on NLD doesn't make or mar my career. I thot some very smart admin ppl on NLD would know that some ppl typ with fones and thus do not have d luxury of long grammar. I hv asked Aunty Blue Divalicious to view my credentials at Okomu and Adapalm Oil Company with International wok experience and offshore palm oil production. Pls aunty ask 2sexy to send it to you. Maybe one of these days, we can meet in ur office and gossip the ppl I helped. Since I now consult, u could help me with a contract in Total bi Exxon. I hope my experienc in palm kernel extraction is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus:
End of discussion.

The boy is just an undergrad. cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2013
You can never 'enter' Shell through a gateman. Never. Shell has a recruitment policy that is global(not only Nigeria o. They have a standardized global procedure, involving series of stages, the most rigorous being SRD. Well, if anyone falls for scam, that's his/her own cup of tea. Even the daughter of the former CEO of SPDC and now Chairman of SPDC, MS (initials),couldnt get his daughter (name withheld) into Shell, rather she was working for another oil company (whose name I'm not mentioning as a related party).

These guys have standard procedures that are followed globally, not just in Nigeria. Of course I'm talking about permanent staff. Contract staff are provided by third parties, anyway.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Blue diva, pls ak norvasc, lexotan or valium. I hv helped ppl get jobs in Multi-national OIL Company. You can't change it. They didn't have to sleep with anyone to get the job. For some, I provided vital recruiting info, told them how to get into test centers and for one case I mentioned, we had to meet a top executive. I don't know why u are taking it so personal.

Vikin, you are really good. I am suspecting u work for the Big Blue or the Red.

You are not a multinational material.
Maybe you are in a relationship with an O&G staff or are related to one so you bring your half baked stories so as to impress online.

Buyers beware.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 11:32am On Jan 17, 2013
Jarius Baba, info given is general info not specific to one oil coy. Aunty is being emotional abt the whole thing. U can't enter Shell via gateman but u can enter other OIl Coys via gateman. My own company, I gatecrashed via the help of a gateman and it is a Multinational. For ppl who know its the Big B. Its usually admin ppl that fight too mush with engineers which I think is Aunty B's issue with me. Aunty I be Engineer. I no be admin staff.

You can see Vikin's tone and how very polite it is. That's how engineers talk.
Jarus: You can never 'enter' Shell through a gateman. Never. Shell has a recruitment policy that is global(not only Nigeria o. They have a standardized global procedure, involving series of stages, the most rigorous being SRD. Well, if anyone falls for scam, that's his/her own cup of tea.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by eimuhb(f): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2013
To all professionals and job seekers, please don't let us turn this thread to a warfare.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

Calm down. take a deep breath and re-read what i wrote.
I don't know why you keep talking on grouping.

The discussion has been about oil companies. Oil companies in general term refers to the exploration and refining companies.
Oil servicing companies are still part of the oil and gas industry but are in a different group.

Now if Mobil is based in Eket, Mobil is under obligation to give a certain quota of employment to Eket indigens. Non-negotiable.
An oil servicing company is a service company to an oil company and are not under obligation to the host community per se.

The company which we refer to as oil companies (those that explore the oil from the ground are under obligation to employ and provide amenities to the host community.
An oil servicing company is in a contract to the oil company and not the host community. You get it?

Now, a one man oil servicing company can do whatever it likes even give cleaners the power to employ. cheesy
Halliburton is a multinational and people like kit kat cannot give people employment. Oil servicing company or not.

She referred to a multinational. I would only accept if her 'multinational' is actually a one man servicing company.

Oppps...looks like we are getting somewhere. This is what I have been trying to explain to you in all my previous post now you are turning it around to me? cheesy

As per halliburton, just like you know it's multi national, it's also an oil servicing. A per whether Kitty kat can get one a job there or not, I don't doubt that.

All she needs do is to take their CV to the HR during recruitment exercise, if the applicant meets the requirement, he/ she is called in for a test or interview. Now, I will also remind you that if she has a idea of how the question looks like, it might be an advantage to the applicant.

I see it happen but I don't involve myself to this.

Other times they even get an internal advert before making it public.

Trust me, am not talking about the one man oil company.
kitty kat: Jarius Baba, info given is general info not specific to one oil coy. Aunty is being emotional abt the whole thing. U can't enter Shell via gateman but u can enter other OIl Coys via gateman. My own company, I gatecrashed via the help of a gateman and it is a Multinational. For ppl who know its the Big B. Its usually admin ppl that fight too mush with engineers which I think is Aunty B's issue with me. Aunty I be Engineer. I no be admin staff.

You can see Vikin's tone and how very polite it is. That's how engineers talk.

grin grin

I need to know these companies o.
Name them na make we verify after all you have since 'retired' from active service.
It is easy to believe Vikin. His aura is oil-esque.

I can talk more for Shell, and probably Chevron. I can't vouch for Mobil as 100% merit-driven, but definitely not through gateman too. I have a classmate there that got there in manner I suspect to be backdoor (I may be wrong, but it appears so). Her dad, before retirement, was a big gun in Mobil, worked there for 30 years and retired as a GM. We suspect he influenced the lady's entry. I know many other oil companies and I seriously doubt you can get a permanent position with dropping physical CV (do people still use paper CV?).

However, my major concern here is the OP saying he is(or was) a Shell permananent staff and he can get people into Shell just like that!

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 11:40am On Jan 17, 2013
U all shd remember the tone of this thread was abt using all avenues WHICH includes networking. I only gave examples of ppl that I helped to buttrss my point abt how useful networking is. Sister Blue Hotness, I wasn't trying to be arrogant or show myself o. I was only trying to help our young ppl. So pls stop the hating. I know say if I come interview where u dey, u go give me zero but in d palm oil company where I work, I know my onions. So let's all hug and make up. Stop hating my sweet Hot Diva.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2013
I am actually not against us discussing jobs in oil and gas industry in this thread. Networking is very good and can be helpful, not only in O&G but anywhere. In fact, I entered the thread with that aim. I came to share my insights and ideas. Of course, I can't guarantee anybody job, but I can offer useful tips. That was my intention from outset. But we should not throw lies around. I find that disgusting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.