Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims (8518 Views)

Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner / List Of 12 States Prone To Flood In 2015 - Agency Report / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That is if the money doesnt end up in the pockets of those corrupt governors.

- Dangote donated 11 Billion

- Jim Ovia donated - 1 billion

- Pres. Jonathan donated - 200 and sumtyn billion..

This is more than enough money to rebuild those communities..
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by nosagold(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

The number you are calling does not exist on any Nigerian or Foreign network... Please stop calling it.. #Thank You

Okija nwanne....baba I dey hail o
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by nosagold(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Did yu jux say 200billion? Abeg that money wil βξ enof to build a state lmao
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by slap1(m): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2012
Can we actually know if/when these donations are DONATED?
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04am On Nov 19, 2012
nosa gold:

Did yu jux say 200billion? Abeg that money wil βξ enof to build a state lmao

lol!!

Nosa My guy!! Nna how na.. Long time o!! grin grin

@ Topic.. Nwokem, we are talking about mostly rural communities here.. How much is a mud house or even a 3 bedroom duplex in those villages.. 200 billion will settle the houseing problems of most of the rural dwellers jor.. Atleast renovate and rebuilding of their exact homes..
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by mkoabiola: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2012
Ds is anoda opportunity for anoda corrupt govt official to swindle donation.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by aglomar: 11:17am On Nov 19, 2012
Great! I only hope d money won't be diverted.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by GeneralGaricks: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2012
Laila Ikeji: very impressive really. another reason am loving working wt his bank.

which branch
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Emmy9ite(m): 11:21am On Nov 19, 2012
God please, let this monies get to the affected people even if its just 100k each.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by GeneralGaricks: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

am wit you.do you think that money will get to its destination corruption will chop the money.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by nosagold(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

lol!!

Nosa My guy!! Nna how na.. Long time o!! grin grin

@ Topic.. Nwokem, we are talking about mostly rural communities here.. How much is a mud house or even a 3 bedroom duplex in those villages.. 200 billion will settle the houseing problems of most of the rural dwellers jor.. Atleast renovate and rebuilding of their exact homes..

We re saying d same thing bro buh d problem here is if these victicms will benefit anything from thes donations made by government nd some other wealthy individuals, obodo a di highly corrupt
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2012
slap1: Can we actually know if/when these donations are DONATED?
why you wan know? are you a flood victim? I trust some Nigerians, dem fit go form flood victim to collect money! smh
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by geogino(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2012
Super1759: mehn, the money donated to the flood victims by govt and individuals is enough to turn them all to millionares.
This is so true. We keep on hearing without seeing. Let's hope this would be different.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Jarus(m): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2012
Omho, people get money o.

This 2.5b that Dangote is dashing as charity is what another person has and he is nationally known as a multi-millionaire.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by paveinc(m): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2012
berem: hope the money gets to the victims .I don't trust some people.
IN DANGOTE WE TRUST,don't worry dear d money is in a safe hand..
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by miqos02(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
1billion naira. yeparipa. na im be say this guy na trillionaire oh
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by slap1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
berem: why you wan know? are you a flood victim? I trust some Nigerians, dem fit go form flood victim to collect money! smh
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Iolo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
For some reason I initially read this as Jim Iyke donates...and am like wtf??
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by nerodenero: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nice gesture by Aliko Dangote,Jim Ovia and Co but I hope our rich pastors will sell their private jets and the proceeds realised donated to this cause.Besides,Jesus that we worship fed multitudes
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by DCTrendy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
texazzpete:

Evil man my foot. This N1bn is more than ALL the Prosperity Pastors in Nigeria COMBINED have donated.

But I forget...this is modern day Nigerian Christianity where Pastors tell their flock that to be poor is to be CURSED...forgetting that the 'widow's mite' parable didn't end with the poor widow winning the lottery.

And just like you are forgetting that the Bible didn't tell us that the widow didn't win a lottery or died in her poverty as well!.. lol..
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by sejere: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
Commendable. our money coming back to us.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
That money has been recovered , long time ago through contracts..... Nigerian man give 1 billion Naira free. hahahaha i dey laugh
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Cbourne(f): 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
now that's 'what's up'!
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Tinyemeka(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
floriana: The evil man finally does a good deed! Impressive! But what are the strings attached? cos I trust Jim to milk bigger payoff from the system for this. He can never be totally altruistic.

Why do you call him an evil man? Someone makes a donation of N1B and the first thing you do is to call him evil.

Please explain.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by Tinyemeka(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
floriana: The evil man finally does a good deed! Impressive! But what are the strings attached? cos I trust Jim to milk bigger payoff from the system for this. He can never be totally altruistic.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by texazzpete(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
DC Trendy:

And just like you are forgetting that the Bible didn't tell us that the widow didn't win a lottery or died in her poverty as well!.. lol..

The Bible tells us her reward is in Heaven...which is the sort of 'wealth' Christians should aspire to, not all this worship of earthly funds we see in today's church.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by seanet01: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
texazzpete:

The Bible tells us her reward is in Heaven...which is the sort of 'wealth' Christians should aspire to, not all this worship of earthly funds we see in today's church.
God bless you.
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by urpee28(m): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
we need more of you
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by nairaman66(m): 11:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
(Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims)

Good Business Plan.. Atleast he came up with something better than dumb Empty Hen's Manager... shocked
Re: Jim Ovia Donates N1Billion To Flood Victims by jpphilips(m): 11:11am On Nov 20, 2012
SELFWORTH: You do good people call you evil. You don't do anything , they call u indifferent. You do something bad, they blame it on the system.

It goes to show that no matter what you do , you will never please human beings.

the last time i visited the camp at a secondary school in Ashaka delta state, the victims where being fed, one loaf of agege bread and one geisha abi sardine i don't really know the diff. ( the one with cylindrical green can) twice a day.

Now delta state as category one received a whooping 500m from the FG, yet the victims cant get a decent lunch, what makes you think Jim ovia's 1 billion will make any difference?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Saraki And I Have No Plan To Return To PDP" - Governor Ahmed / Judge Threatens To Discharge 24 Suspected Boko Haram Members / (aljazeera) Inside Story - Will Nigeria Violence Spiral Out Of Control?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.