Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead (11953 Views)

Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? / Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Does He/she Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by ochukoccna: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Elueme: Chei! . This might be another politically related assassination.. usually due to internal power tussle.. May he rest in peace.. Hmmm! Can see the emergence of a killer party.
My 1st thoughts too till I read this...
Alaafia l‘oro:

...well,it might be political or it might not be. I read it on a blog that he was killed in front of his married woman girlfriend. The woman,her husband and 3 other people have been arrested according to the story.
..What is it with rich/influential men who can't keep their diicks out of married women's phussies angry angry
Can't you look for singles? sad sad
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by GeneralGaricks: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2012
mrkels:
He was a LOCAL GOVT chairman for crying out loud...how was he supposed to be worth hundreds of millions? Mtcheeeeew

Dont let me expose facts to you as an insider in the financial sector. When the imprest and excess crude accounts of local governments were still operational, you needed to see money in those accounts. If he was chairman then and leaves office not making more than N800m, then he wasnt corrupt.
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by gwas(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2012
mrkels:
He was a LOCAL GOVT chairman for crying out loud...how was he supposed to be worth hundreds of millions? Mtcheeeeew
Hakeem Dickson will enlighten you better.
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by ABsI1: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Other media- punch,thisday,tribune,vanguard are reporting otherwise.he was with anoda man's wife said to be his concubine. Question-why will a man with wives be frolicking with anoda man's wife? Answer- oju kokoro,lust,indiscipline etc. Dis is what u get for such indiscretion. Nevadless RIP. Now you know that life has no return match
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by anonimi: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2012
General Garicks:

Dont let me expose facts to you as an insider in the financial sector. When the imprest and excess crude accounts of local governments were still operational, you needed to see money in those accounts. If he was chairman then and leaves office not making more than N800m, then he wasnt corrupt.

And these LG chairmen and councillors do NOTHING while we the citizens keep crying FGN this, FGN that. GEJ is clueless this, GEJ is clueless that.

Meanwhile the [size=13pt]public servants closest to us are getting a free pass and stealing us blind due to our most clueless negligence to expect performance from them.[/size]
Just as a reminder on what the LGs are supposed to do:

The local government is the third tier of the administrative structure in Nigeria. There are 774 local government areas (LGAs) in the country. The functions of Local Governments, as spelt out in the Constitution, are as follows:

a. Consideration and making of recommendations to the State commission on economic planning or any similar body on economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the area of authority of the Council and of the State are affected;

b. Collection of rates, and radio and television licenses;

c. Establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;

d. Licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;

e. Establishment, maintenance and regulation of markets, motor parks and public conveniences;

f. Construction and maintenance of roads, streets, drains and other public highways, parks, open spaces, or such pub- lic facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;

g. Naming of roads 'and streets and numbering of houses;

h. Provision and maintenance Of public conveniences and refuse disposal;

i. Registration of births, deaths and marriages;

j. Assessment of privately-owned houses or tenements for the purpose of levying such rates as may be prescribed by the House of Assembly of a Stale; and,

k. Control and regulation of:

i. out-door advertising and hoarding,

ii. movement and keeping of pets of ail descriptions,

iii. shops and kiosks, .

iv. restaurants and other places for sale of food to the public, and

v. laundries.

The local government councils also workhand- in-hand with State governments on issues such as:

a. the provision and maintenance of primary education;

b. the development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of minerals, and

c the provision and maintenance of health services.

Each local government area is administered by a Local Government Council. The Council com- prises & Chairman who is the Chief Executive of the LGA, and other elected members who are referred to as Councillors.

The Chairman is normally elected, but can, under special circumstances, also be appointed. He/she supervises the activities of the local government and presides over all meetings of the Council.

All members are enjoined by law to meet, as far as practicable, the aspirations of the people who elect them. Committees, focusing on specific issues, play very important roles in the day-to-day business of the Counols. They assist the Councils in decision-making and are usually required to report their discussions to the Councils.

A Local Government Council is the pivot of socio-economic planning and development in its area of authority. Being also the tier of government closest to the people, it is considered a most impor- tant facilitator of economic and social development at the grassroots

Read more: http://www..com/ng/states-and-lgda-specific-talks/6640-nigeria-local-government-functions-and-structure.html#ixzz2Ch4e4gv2
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by Zalza: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2012
You see life.... E don follow go heaven where he follow come to this World.... This is a lesson for those who follow another man's wife.
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by anonimi: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2012
I just realised this late LG chairman was from Ogun state yet was political office holder in Lagos state.
When will the Igbos in Lagos organise themselves to win elections in Lagos as it was in the 1st republic?
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by mallorca(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
citizenisb: IS NIGERIA SAFE?
Grave is only safe place in this world.
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by mallorca(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
Osama10: This country self. angry
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by felifeli: 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
mallorca:
Bros I fear you o. He be like say you done go grave before. A beg no come my house o .
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by BabaOlowo: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Zalza: You see life.... E don follow go heaven where he follow come to this World.... This is a lesson for those who follow another man's wife.

You get proof?
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2012

“Truly, the man was killed yesterday. It was a case of assassination. Noting was taken away from him. He was shot in front of his woman’s friend house. Five suspects have been arrested and they are in our custody at the state police headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta,” he stated.

The five suspects are the deceased’s woman friend, her husband and three taxi drivers. The woman’s husband was alleged to have masterminded the killing.

[size=18pt]It was gathered that the woman’s husband and the late Toyin Hamzat once met at the woman’s residence at Sagamu where they engaged in a brawl[/size].

also gathered that one the taxis impounded has been identified as the one used during the operation. A police source also confirmed the arrest of the man who allegedly fired the shot that killed Hamzat.

Hamzat, a Pharmacist, was a pioneer member of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, Action Congress, AC and Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN.

He was the Chairman of Ikeja Local Government between 1999 and 2002 and later became a Special Adviser on Local Government Affairs to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

He was born 1 October, 1960. He attended Adeola Odutola College Ijebu Ode for his ‘A’ Level and the University of Lagos, Idi Araba, for his Pharmacy degree.

Do we need a soothsayer to tell us whodunnit
He had a lover.A married lover whose husband is obviously not a fan
He was shot in front of her house at night
Apparently the husband of the woman also has other women in other houses hence the house was described as her house not the family house
People and complicated marital arrangements
Let the living learn a lesson,I am sure he has a wife or wives and children who have now become sudden widows and orphans in Lagos on account of his foolishness while frolicking in Sagamu
He should have learned his lesson after the first brawl.imagine the boldness,coming to see a married woman in her house despite a previous run in with her husband .I'm afraid he asked for it.
What a shameful way to die.
Re: Former Ikeja Local Government Chairman, Toyin Amzat Shot Dead by Zalza: 11:42am On Nov 21, 2012
BabaOlowo:

You get proof?

Na wa ooooo. How u take be baba olowo sef? I expected Baba Olowo to be able to put 2+2 together.
Witch brawl yesterday, pikin die today, who no know say na witch kill the pikin. He dropped the woman's friend for her husband's house.... what a lion heart?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / National Assembly Inauguration ‘Not Postponed’ - TheCable / Why I Will Never Leave APGA For APC - Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.