Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage (640 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / Girls: Can U Marry A Man From Same Poor Background With You And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage by ojjp: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
There re lot of factors 2 be considered in choosin a life partner. Ranging from virtues, looks and d background(family financial, religious, moral, cultural n educational background). Dis lady n i ve found real love. I'm plannin 2 make it wt her 2 d altar. But my brother which our family respects so much is emphasizin on d humble background of dis girl. Dat somehow it ll affect me n my children. Honestly i dnt knw hw to let go of dis girl 4 any reason but d burden is becomin much on me. I'm nt frm a rich family, but i'm in d makin of gud life. Wht could be d negative effects of marryin some1 frm a poor background n should i go ahead 2 marry her or quit? Ur candid opinion n advice pls. If possible, give an instance or scriptural backin. Thanks.
Re: Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
If a woman refuses to marry u because u have not reached the level she wld want her husband to be, how wld u react to it?
Re: Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage by omotola1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Op, if u really love her, her background should not pose any problem.
Why must u allow ur uncle‘s opinion mold or influence ur decision?
I‘m sorry, dat doesn‘t depict maturity in anyway!
As a man, u‘ve got to stand up and make ur choice!
U are allowing ur emotion to be twisted & it apparently makes u appear weak!

1 Like

Re: Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage by joyblinks(f): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
Like Omotola said,

If your brothers opinion is why you re giving ur marriage a second thought, then u never reach to marry...

Dat ur brother must be a golddigger.
If u love ur babe, marry her.. If not, allow the babe go find guy wey him family rich.
Re: Negative Effects Of A Poor Background In Marriage by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
I don't think you love this girl otherwise you would have told off your uncle.

You seem like a weak man who can't make up his mind until he has consulted the whole family like its them that will live with you for the rest of your life,nurture,ride through the storm of life and raise kids with you.

Family does not always consist of blood relatives a wife is many times more of a family at the end of the day. Please grow up and right now I simply don't think you should get married until you understand the role of a husband in a family.

(1) (Reply)

True Or False? / Wellness And Intimacy - Ladies Only / Female New To Lagos Looking For New Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.