Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants (12634 Views)

Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) / Nigeria History with the "Organization Of Islamic Conference (oic)" / Enugu Makes History, Joins World’s 100 Resilient Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by presido1: 9:30am On Feb 19, 2008
almondjoy:

Please "hotty", get us a comprehensive biography on this dude please. I am getting suspicious. cheesy
You are using a computer conneted to internet why can't you make the search yourself? The guy that posted the brief bio must have read where you wrote that he has not been to 9ja b4 and one person even wrote one of his parents is not a 9ja, which is totally misleading. One his has chieftancy title for his contributions towards the betterment of his people. To be honest with they cant give him chieftancy title in absentia.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2008
BlackMamba:

OSITADIMMA UMENYIORA

A few facts about Ositadimma Umenyiora. Both parents are full blooded Nigerians from Ogbunike in Anambra state. He was born in London on November 16, 1981. Moved back to Nigeria with his family at the age of six, and later relocated to the US in 1995 at the age of 14. He is from the Umenyiora royal family of Ogbunike, Anambra state and was bestowed with a honorary chief because of the 30 scholarships he endows each year for local schoolchildren.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/lee_jenkins/01/29/umenyoira0204/index.html

Thank you jare for chronicling the travails of this your man.  As you can see, either by the nature of where he was born or where he resides now--he is definitely not a Nigerian.  Being born of Nigerian parents can never make you a Nigerian especially if you were born on foreign soil. All he can do is apply for a Nigerian passport to get around that loop hole--ONLY because his parents are Nigerian.

Now, coming to his lifestyle--by manner of where he lives, what he wears, how he talks, the kinds of foooooooooooooods he "chops" wink and the kinds of friends he keeps, nothing Nigerian showing here.

Okay, he lived in Nigeria for a few years which he probably has forgotten and does not plan to even re-visit--that can never make him a Nigerian sir!

But like a said--Let Osi Bobo'm come and tell us what he is.  Till then, all we can do is speculate.  Only Osita can tell us what he is. kiss
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 9:44am On Feb 19, 2008
presido1:

You are using a computer connoted to internet why can't you make the search yourself? The guy that posted the brief bio must have read where you wrote that he has not been to Nigeria before and one person even wrote one of his parents is not a Nigeria, which is totally misleading. One his has chieftancy title for his contributions towards the betterment of his people. To be honest with they can't give him chieftancy title in absentia.

I was going to do ma own research trust me, till a saw "BlackMamba's" post.  I was only trying to guess and figure the young man out. I did not doubt that his father is a Nigerian and a chief for that marrrer with that kind of "concentrated" name he slugs around the globe.  I would have long shortened mine to "UMEN"! Instead "UMENYIORA"--sounds like "amenorrhea" frankly if you ask me, which is not a good thing! cheesy

I am sure if you search deep down--his mother is not a Nigerian.  Just ma guess and I am going to find out  All I am saying is that his brief stay in Nigeria is no enough to call him a Nigerian especially with the fact that he was not born and raised fully in Nigeria.

I think Osi Umen sounds great--more like Japanese. tongue
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by presido1: 9:53am On Feb 19, 2008
Umenyiora is an ideal representative of New York, a mash-up of cultures. Ask him where he comes from, and he hesitates. His passport says the United Kingdom. His family is from Nigeria. His pass-rush skills are from the Deep South. His accent has hints of cockney, Igbo and Southern drawl. "I feel like I come from everywhere," says Umenyiora, who now splits time between Atlanta and Edgewater, N.J. "But I've taken something different from all the places I've lived. I try to represent all of them to the fullest." Above is an extract from the link.

Beleive me its only the rubbish nigerians born overseas that claim they are not Nigeria, as such they change their name like name matters. Emaka Ndubuisi Okoye, Chiwee Ejiofor, ND Kalu, Amobi Okoye, Ugo Ehiogu, Olaruwaju's, and the rest of them still maintain their full 9ja name so do Osi.

Mum is a full Igbo woman representing as the Lolo of the community as his father is the Eze of Ogbonike
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 9:56am On Feb 19, 2008
Look, I say you people should stop playing with me. cool  I told you from the very beginning that this young man's mother is not a Nigerian.  BlackMamber's assertion is wrong.

Read the "Sports Illustrated" link again.  It says in black and white that Osi's

STEPMOTHER, IJEOMA

Like I do not know how our Nigerian men dey waka "abroad".  Before you quote all your sources, I already know what the deal is!

Let me tell you the story and if you dig deeper, you will find it.

Osita papa---marry on UK babe for "kpali" for yonder come run go Naija--probably no tell the boy jammo mama. Come go marry this arangee "Ijeoma" of a woman as "stepmama" for Osita.  Come run come America with Ijeoma them.

As things stand now Osita might be in possession of 3 international passports as we speak. cheesy

The plot thickens!

I say let the young man come and tell us where he really is from.

WHO BE IM MAMA? grin
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2008
presido1:

Umenyiora is an ideal representative of New York, a mash-up of cultures. Ask him where he comes from, and he hesitates. His passport says the United Kingdom. His family is from Nigeria. His pass-rush skills are from the Deep South. His accent has hints of cockney, Igbo and Southern drawl. "I feel like I come from everywhere," says Umenyiora,

who now splits time between Atlanta and Edgewater, N.J. "But I've taken something different from all the places I've lived. I try to represent all of them to the fullest."

Above is an extract from the link.

Beleive me its only the rubbish nigerians born overseas that claim they are not Nigeria, as such they change their name like name matters. Emaka Ndubuisi Okoye, Chiwee Ejiofor, ND Kalu, Amobi Okoye, Ugo Ehiogu, Olaruwaju's, and the rest of them still maintain their full Nigeria name so do Osi.

Mum is a full Igbo woman representing as the Lolo of the community as his father is the Eze of Ogbonike

Where is the link? cheesy

Which mom? grin Which lolo? grin 

The jammo lolo or the nigerian lolo? grin

I say I know as these Naija dudes dey waka abroad.  If you search deeper this Osita papa of a "Umenyiora" only run go marry this "Ijeoma" woman as a prerequisite of getting his chietancy title.  Since e no go look too good if a whole "Udo-ka-Nyin-Nacho 1" go carry chieftancy title without wife for im side.  Na disgrace be that now. cheesy

WHO IS OSITA'S MOM I ASK?

Look, I hope you realize that we are talking of Osi himself and not his dad.  I frankly do not understand how this young man will be shuttling between Uk, Atlanta and New york in the past 12 years enough to master all these accents.  Then you spotted him in "Wembley" last year, while he has been in a contract with the NY Giants for the past 5 years? undecided

I'm no dey go school?  Or does he hang around all the down town hood rats to master all the different accents in America, including the Igbo he cannot speak?  Yes he is correct, he definitely comes from EVERYWHERE and NOWHERE in particular.  He even goes to the "deep south" to go and perfect his "push ups". wink  I rest ma case.  I say the guy is a normad. cheesy  The best he can do like most of his kind is that he can understand the language a tad, but after roaming around awon Selita Ebanks them, he can NEVER speak "Igbo"!  Simple!

BTW, not saying he should not keep his name.  I just said if I were him, I would have shortened it to make it look more sexy. cool

I said I heard the chap talk and he did not sound anything Nigerian. A serious yankee accent, without any pinch of "southern drawl." If not that his girlfriend would have had a doggone hard time trying to understand what the heck he is yapping about. cheesy

You know warrrrrrra mean? tongue
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by presido1: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2008
almondjoy:

Look, I hope you realize that we are talking of Osi himself and not his dad.  I frankly do not understand how this young man will be shuttling between Uk, Atlanta and New york in the past 12 years enough to master all these accents.  Then you spotted him in "Wembley" last year, while he has been in a contract with the NY Giants for the past 5 years? undecided

I still maintain that you were sent t confuse the feeble minds here in Nairaland. You claim Yankee but you know little of what is hapening over there. NY Giants Played Miami Dolphins here in London last year and that was when i saw him play in wembley.

For the fact he has stepmum does not mean her mum is oyibo. If you check the link posted by black mamber the step mum has been travelling to US before ever he moved to US and for your info he moved to join his brother Ejimofor and sister. The link didn't tell you the step mum and dad moved to US.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/othersports.html?in_article_id=489759&in_page_id=1781

British and Americans don't ansa UMENYIORA its a NIGERIAN name take it or LEAVE and he speaks IGBO. If in doubt track him down and find out. Even gyl friend says biko and kedu
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2008
Thanks for the education and correctin' errors of ma feeble mind! cheesy  You thinks say a no get work?  NFL spans almost 6 months, NBA another 6 months.  Then you talk of Baseball, another 6 months with the numerous Tennis and Golf tournaments covered on TVs here and you expect me to keep up with all those plus Nairaland? tongue I only keep track of championships so please forgive ma ignorance!

Hey, I am not here to confuse any one.  I just want anwers ok.

I know what the link told me.  Ijeoma is not his mom.  I am still digging but too no avail!  I will get to the bottom of this. cool

Fine!  I will still wait for Osi to come and tell me where he is from, and what he is.  To quote you he said "Everywhere", which means nowhere!  All this one we are typing here is "our" own version.  I will wait for him to define himself and I do not even think the poor boy even knows as a result of too much waka waka by the parents! cheesy

Na prodigal son now! A fine one if a may add! cheesy

Another of our "Igbo" brother when do loss! grin
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by presido1: 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
Ok ma sista the mums name is chinaelo which is an igbo name as well, she came from nigeria to watch osi play in wembley last year. According to him he was brought up in nigerian.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/10/25/2007-10-25_who_knew_osi_umenyiora_heading_home-3.html will this convince you? But is their any problem if he says he is a nigerian? will the ebank of a gyl leave him because of that? why border yourself with what not your biz? The Ebank has fallen for the fine Nigeria guy at least americans don't answer UMENYIORA clearly she knew he is an immigrant even if he has Yankee pass. So quit hating your bros and sistas because they have Nigeria linage

Check thisout as well http://www.nypost.com/seven/10252007/sports/giants/osis_home_game.htm?page=0 his biological mother is Chinelo Chukwueke
Hope you are satisfied now. CASE CLOSED
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2008
Ok! His mother's name is Chinaelo. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Thank you presido for a job well done! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
You win for that area!

But read what he wrote about he "does not know where he is gong and he does not know where he is coming from"  He is also "everywhere"  He says no job for him in Nigeria. grin

Abeg live the Ebanks girl jo!  By the time this Bobo Osi is like 35 years old you can not differentiante him from "Plexaco" abi na "Texaco"! grin  He will cease to be a Nigerian finally.  This Bobo Osi cannot date a Nigerian girl and as a result he cannot marry one.  So his parents can be Nigerian, but Bobo Osi can never be one!

Chai! What a name! "Plexaco"! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Afa oke'nta nee gbu nkita!
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by BlackMamba(m): 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2008
almondjoy:
I say I know as these Naija dudes dey waka abroad. If you search deeper this Osita papa of a "Umenyiora" only run go marry this "Ijeoma" woman as a prerequisite of getting his chietancy title. Since e no go look too good if a whole "Udo-ka-Nyin-Nacho 1" go carry chieftancy title without wife for im side. Na disgrace be that now. cheesy [quote

author=almondjoy]
Thanks for the education and correctin' errors of ma feeble mind!
[quote][/quote]

It will help if you get your little feeble mind educated on facts before casting aspersions on the worldwide web.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2008
author=BlackMamba link=topic=110793.msg1972918#msg1972918 date=1203431734

It will help if you get your little feeble mind educated on facts before casting aspersions on the worldwide web.

Hmmmmmmmmm! Thank you sir! Bobo Osi is not a Nigerian. He just has an "igbo" name! Get over it! kiss
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by rookie(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2008
-- Almondjoy

Hmmmmmmmmm! Thank you sir! Bobo Osi is not a Nigerian. He just has an "igbo" name! Get over it!

Alright then, he is not Nigerian -- you win
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2008
rookie:

-- Almondjoy

Alright then, he is not Nigerian -- you win

Thank you! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by HotFunmi1(f): 1:09am On Feb 20, 2008
presido 1,
Beleive me its only the rubbish nigerians born overseas that claim they are not Nigeria, as such they change their name like name matters. Emaka Ndubuisi Okoye, Chiwee Ejiofor, ND Kalu, Amobi Okoye, Ugo Ehiogu, Olaruwaju's, and the rest of them still maintain their full Nigeria name so do Osi.

I am not sure of Ugo egiogu please. What of Herbie Hide and John Fashanu?
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by HotFunmi1(f): 1:12am On Feb 20, 2008
By AlmondJoy,
Abeg live the Ebanks girl jo! By the time this Bobo Osi is like 35 years old you can not differentiante him from "Plexaco" abi na "Texaco"! He will cease to be a Nigerian finally. This Bobo Osi cannot date a Nigerian girl and as a result he cannot marry one. So his parents can be Nigerian, but Bobo Osi can never be one!
Lol, I wonder about that too and whether he'll be 'up to' what she needs as per a western chic.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 20, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

I am not sure of Ugo egiogu please. What of Herbie Hide and John Fashanu?

AKA John Fash
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by HotFunmi1(f): 6:31am On Feb 20, 2008
Fine! I will still wait for Osi to come and tell me where he is from, and what he is. To quote you he said "Everywhere", which means nowhere! All this one we are typing here is "our" own version. I will wait for him to define himself and I do not even think the poor boy even knows as a result of too much waka waka by the parents!

Na prodigal son now! A fine one if a may add!

Another of our "Igbo" brother when do loss!

Imagine him washing and pressing her underwears now but if na Naija chic now, he'll demand ridiculous respect from her.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

Imagine[b] him washing and pressing her underwears now [/b] but if na Naija chic now, he'll demand ridiculous respect from her.

. . . . . .And you are one heck of a trouble maker. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by presido1: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2008
This Osi of a guy is just like JJ Okocha, Kalu Nwankwo, Sunday Oliseh and other Nigerian sports stars. Why am i even bordering myself, if he like he can choose to be a cuban or American that is only on paper(Kpali). Americans know who is an American so is Britian and Germans.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
presido1:

This Osi of a guy is just like JJ Okocha, Kalu Nwankwo, Sunday Oliseh and other Nigerian sports stars. Why am i even bordering myself, if he like he can choose to be a cuban or American that is only on paper(Kpali). Americans know who is an American so is Britian and Germans.

That is why I say the guy is a "Ominiresident"! He comes from "Everywhere"!  He currently has 3 passports in his rugsack!  He can claim any one, depending on what he wants to do.  He said "no job for him in Nigeria" so that one is out! grin
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by presido1: 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

That is why I say the guy is a "Ominiresident"! He comes from "Everywhere"! He currently has 3 passports in his rugsack! He can claim any one, depending on what he wants to do. He said "no job for him in Nigeria" so that one is out! grin
The problem with you is you never read b4 you write, he said he is british, his parents are Nigerians but he don't have Nigerian Pass neither do he has American passport. He is a British-Nigerian as he has not changed or taken US Pass.
No job for him in Nigeria cos Nigerians don't play the kind of sports he trade on.
You just want to remove the Nigerian origin in him, why not buy white wash paint and paint the guy white so that the world will see him as European or American if that will make you happy. Even if he said he is not a Nigerian who cares? Is he being a Nigerian bringing food to our tables? NO. As i said b4 he can even claim somali or Vietnam.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
presido1:

The problem with you is you never read before you write,

he said he is british,

his parents are Nigerians but he don't have Nigerian Pass neither do he has American passport.

He is a British-Nigerian as he has not changed or taken US Pass.

No job for him in Nigeria because Nigerians don't play the kind of sports he trade on.
You just want to remove the Nigerian origin in him, why not buy white wash paint and paint the guy white so that the world will see him as European or American if that will make you happy. Even if he said he is not a Nigerian who cares? Is he being a Nigerian bringing food to our tables? NO.

As i said before he can even claim somali or Vietnam.

Shuooooooooooo? shocked Why the vexation? grin Okay he does not have 3 passports but one. He will eventually. Or at least 2. His mom still lives in Nigeria, I presume. Nobody cares what he claims really. All I am saying is that chances are with his career here in the US, he may never go back to Uk or Nigeria. He will be one of those Nigerians that will become a combination-object. His Nigerian influence will gradually take the back seat.
When he gets married--probably not a Nigerian--further removed. His kids--forget that area!
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by HottFunmi: 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2008
Shuooooooooooo? Why the vexation? Okay he does not have 3 passports but one. He will eventually. Or at least 2. His mom still lives in Nigeria, I presume. Nobody cares what he claims really. All I am saying is that chances are with his career here in the US, he may never go back to Uk or Nigeria. He will be one of those Nigerians that will become a combination-object. His Nigerian influence will gradually take the back seat.
When he gets married--probably not a Nigerian--further removed. His kids--forget that area!
For sure this one he's chasing celebrities around.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 5:29pm On Feb 21, 2008
HottFunmi:

For sure this one he's chasing celebrities around.

Abi oooooooooooooooooooooooh! grin
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2008
im not even trying to be funny here but sebi na this guy them talk say he dey poo poo for babe face,

http://www.bossip.com/11789/still-fukin-for-publicity-2/, http://claudi-osi..com/
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by romeo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2008
OMO IBO:

im not even trying to be funny here but sebi na this guy them talk say he dey poo poo for babe face,

http://www.bossip.com/11789/still-fukin-for-publicity-2/, http://claudi-osi..com/

I bow for the gossip if na true ohh
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by davidif: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2008
abeg make una leave selita ebanks alone, i wish i had her instead of Osi. By the way, he is not pressing his underwear. Also romeo forget those rumors jo, anybody wey won dey famous go just post anything they want, you're not that naive to believe that.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2008
This gets worse! grin

This guy sure has his "primitive" fetish fantasies! I think una say na Nigerian? grin  I never knew people from certain eastern parts of Nigeria paid women to have them open their mouths to be used as "shalangas" for a small fee of 3Geees!

Is this a tradition in the east? grin

Make una no kill me here with laughter!

Chai!

See Wahala? shocked

GO OSI!. . . .  GO OSI. . . . . GO OSI! cheesy

abi na

GO INSI!. . . . GO INSI!. . . . . GO. . . . . INSI! grin

abi na

GO UNSHI!. . . . GO UNSHI!. . . . . GO UNSHI! grin

Shit Shoot 'em dead!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Na your money kill am! grin
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by romeo(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Is this a tradition in the east? grin

You're in a very good position to know that more than all of us wink
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by almondjoy(f): 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2008
romeo:

You're in a very good position to know that more than all of us wink

Not at all, considering the fact that I only have an inconsequential 1/2 of that precious blood runnin' through ma veins. wink

I will gladly yield to the full blooded--thoroughbreds to hold a briefing on the subject and enlighten us on their findings.
Re: Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants by romeo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Not at all, considering the fact that I only have an inconsequential 1/2 of that precious blood runnin' through ma veins. wink

I will gladly yield to the full blooded--thoroughbreds to hold a briefing on the subject and enlighten us on their findings.

Wetin be Dis? Your hubby nko?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / Tinubu To Hold Town Hall Meeting With Miners In Nasarawa Tomorrow / GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.