Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (12609 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Fashola Signs Executive Order On Sex Offenders / Rivers ACN Calls For The Removal Of Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by nduchucks: 3:00am On Dec 05, 2011
Fuel Subsidy: Jonathan To Use Executive Order For Its Abolishment

If GEJ goes through with this and his promises regarding power deregulation, then he would start to earn my support.

OPPONENTS of fuel subsidy may have lost the battle, going by the government’s plan to handle the combustible issue.

President Goodluck Jonathan and his cabinet have opted for Executive Fiat to remove the subsidy, The Nation learnt yesterday.

The government will not depend on any legislative instrument to back its action, a source said.

The withdrawn subsidy will be part of the 2012 budget being worked upon by the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

The cash from this souce is to be ploughed into reviving the country’s decaying infrastructure. But the popular belief is that such an action will raise fuel prices and further impoverish the poor.

Dr Jonathan may have been emboldened to take the decision by the legal advice on the constitutional clauses which empower the Executive to withdraw the subsidy.

A cabinet member, who pleaded not to be named because of what he called the sensitivity of the situation, said the government will not go back on its decision to remove the subsidy.

The source said: “The government has decided to make the withdrawal of fuel subsidy a purely Executive matter; we will resolve this debate over the subsidy in the next few weeks with the 2012 Budget.

“There is no way we can manage 2012 Budget without removing fuel subsidy. It is central to the economic growth we are trying to accelerate.

“We felt it is better to take a painful but a necessary decision in the interest of the nation’s development and its future.

“This government will eventually be vindicated when Nigerians start feeling the effects of the removal of subsidy on education, roads, health, water and other infrastructure.”

Responding to a question, the cabinet source said: “Whatever is the decision of the Senate and House of Representatives on the withdrawal of fuel subsidy is advisory.

“Go through the 1999 Constitution, you will discover that the government is constitutionally empowered to take such a decision.

“Section 16(2) of the Constitution gives the government the backing to withdraw fuel subsidy because it is purely economic matter.

“The section says in part: ‘The state shall direct its policy towards ensuring (a) the promotion of a planned and balanced economic development; (b) that the material resources of the nation are harnessed and distributed as best as possible to serve the common good.

“That the economic system is not operated in such a manner as to permit the concentration of wealth or the means of production and exchange in the hands of few individuals or of a group , ”

The source explained that the government has demonstrated faith by publishing the list of the beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy.

“The publication of the list has shown our commitment to unmasking the subsidy cartel and utilising the funds realised from the removal of subsidy.”

The Federal Government is proposing a N4.8trillion budget for 2012, with a $70 to $75 benchmark price for oil.

Apart from the take-off of the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), the government is also proposing savings of about N1.2trillion from the withdrawal of fuel subsidy.

But most Senators and House members have asked their leaders to prevail on the President to meet four conditions.

The conditions are:

•a publication of the list of the beneficiaries of past fuel subsidy;

•presentation of facts and figures or statistics on the true picture of the amount of fuel subsidy;

•a comprehensive release of palliative measures Nigerians will enjoy, if the subsidy is removed, and Action Plan to make the measures work; and

•concrete work plan on how to make all refineries function at optimal level.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/28681-fuel-subsidy-jonathan-to-use-executive-order.html
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by koruji(m): 3:48am On Dec 05, 2011
Nigerian governments past & present can lie. . .  If you have being paying attention to the news you will know that true state of things is as follows:

1. Nigeria (aka GEJ & the useless National Assembly) has turned a robust, and continuing robust, oil prices into a [size=14pt]deficit[/size].
2. The FG has stopped being responsible for the oil subsidy because it simply doesn't have the money - remember the deficit in (1).
3. The FG has being "stealing" state funds to pay for the oil subsidy.
4. The action above i.e. (3) cannot continue for too long, hence GEJ must either find money to pay for the subsidy, keep violating the constitution by taking state funds or stop paying the subsidies. The FG would have to pay back what it has being taking from state funds.
5. When you take (1) to (4) together, removal of the subsidy is not going to produce any funds for infrastructure.

Removal of the subsidy is merely going to plug an existing gaping hole. It will not create a mountain of new cash, so if you are buying the bull about putting the funds into infrastructure - well you are SOL.

[size=14pt]GEJ is already spending the subsidy funds, and taking state funds to temporarily pay for the subsidies. Hence, he will "desperately" do anything to get rid of the subsidy for good.[/size]
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by 1025: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2011
if fg uses executive order to abolish the fuel subsidy, we will use the egyptian/libyan powers to abolish his govt.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by VoodooDoll(m): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2011
This doesn't bode well.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2011
We are waiting. We are happy. GEJ will be matched.

They can bribe the labour stooges, but they will never bribe the youths.

This Revolution is long overdo.

As Christ said to Judas: What you want do, do fast.

Obviously there is no time left.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 05, 2011
Mad man
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2011
Godman_n:

We are waiting. We are happy. GEJ will be matched.

They can bribe the labour stooges, but they will never bribe the youths.

This Revolution is long overdo.

As Christ said to Judas: What you want do, do fast.

Obviously there is no time left.
Go sit down one place. Nothing will happen. When those abuja youths saw armed personnel, dem no run.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2011
You can talk for yourself. You can talk about the Abuja youths that you know. Me you know not. What I have done you know not. But come that day. I must have my voice and that of my likes heard.

Period.

Be a coward and hide in your comfort zone, but be proud enough to tell your children whenever they come, your stand. Tell them that you accepted the evils in the land. Tell them that you could not do anything to guarantee them a better future. Tell them that you only brought them to Nigeria to suffer, not because the country have anything good for them in store, but because you wanted to have children and probably to enjoy sex.

Tell them that you are selfish; that you are a coward. Tell them that in the midst of the injustices in the land, that you could not muster the courage to support a good course, let alone initiating one.

Tell them that you failed them and failed your God. Tell them that your are no worthy to have passed through the shores of the earth, because could not help in making the world a better place.

You failed to cultivate the earth as commanded in the Bible.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AlanF100: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2011
blink182:

Go sit down one place. Nothing will happen. When those abuja youths saw armed personnel, dem no run.

Dont be too sure nothing will happen. People are already poor,many unemployed living from hands to mouth. People are loosing their humane nature day by day, further actions to impoverish the people may bring unprecedented explotion of bottled-up frustrations across the land. You will be surprised when the armed personnel start giving tactical supports to the Masses because they are also victims of the oligarchy looting that has kept millions in poverty.

This subsidy issue might just be the beginning of Nigeria balkanization finally!
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2011
I am very sure of one thing; when the wind of changes blows; all you that sit on the fence will quickly jump to join. It is a human trait that is as old as Adam.

We may be billions in the world, but less than a thousand have the heart and the gut to stand for truth at whatever cost. We may be billions, that same few have the head to see tomorrow and work for it.

If not, the Adam Smiths, Eisenstein, The Aristotle, Plutos etc whould have been every where

If all of us can see tomorrow, there would have been many Awolowos in Yoruba land; Many Ziks would have emerged in our land; many Saduanas would have emerged in the North.

I am certain our Revolution is in the making. Mine is just to report history. I am not the initiator, the ruthless criminal that rule our land are responsible. I cannot stop it; the forces of nature; the natural laws must take it course.

It is only the maker of those law who can stop it. It is only the almighty that can intervene to direct the course of history

[size=20pt]We are but pencils in his hand.[/size]
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Dawdy(m): 9:32am On Dec 05, 2011
Let him try it, it is then he will know that his name is badluck jona tan.
Jona tan in yoruba means what has been consumed by fire completely.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2011
Let's wait till then.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 9:43am On Dec 05, 2011
•a publication of the list of the beneficiaries of past fuel subsidy;

•presentation of facts and figures or statistics on the true picture of the amount of fuel subsidy;

•a comprehensive release of palliative measures Nigerians will enjoy, if the subsidy is removed, and Action Plan to make the measures work; and

•concrete work plan on how to make all refineries function at optimal level.

These are the things I wanna know too, but obviously GEJ is keeping his cards close to his chest, because while a great proportion of his enemies are moral reprobates, ready to sell their mum's in the name of politics; to compound an already bad situation, most youth never read and are terribly ignorant. In that scenario, it is best to let proof of the benefits of his action speak instead of throwing a debate open.
Its sad to say, but the average Nigerian needs a lot of schooling about what their rights and circumstances are, as well as how things mesh and who their real enemies are. Without being equipped in that way, a debate would be useless. How many can even define what is meant by "fuel subsidy?"

If removing the subsidy is the only way to get rid of a bunch of leeches who have written their evil extortionate methods into the law, then so be it. cool
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 9:57am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

These are the things I wanna know too, but obviously GEJ is keeping his cards close to his chest, because while a great proportion of his enemies are moral reprobates, ready to sell their mum's in the name of politics; to compound an already bad situation, most youth never read and are terribly ignorant. In that scenario, it is best to let proof of the benefits of his action speak instead of throwing a debate open.
Its sad to say, but the average Nigerian needs a lot of schooling about what their rights and circumstances are, as well as how things mesh and who their real enemies are. Without being equipped in that way, a debate would be useless. How many can even define what is meant by "fuel subsidy?"

If removing the subsidy is the only way to get rid of a bunch of leeches who have written their evil extortionate methods into the law, then so be it. cool

Fuel subsidy simply is a lie manufactured by our stealing criminal leaders to confuse us into accepting that they are spending money on the fuels we use in our country; whereas the crude oil is got from our land for a minimal cost, whereas the thieves sabotaged and destroyed our refineries, whereas the thieves have at so many times added money on fuel in the name of this same fuel subsidy; whereas the criminals allow half of our crude to be stolen by their cronies and the big oil companies, whereas they refused to build more refineries or supervise the emergence of new ones by giving out license to capable and willing businessmen.

The criminals prefers to steal our crude, refine it in their refineries abroad and sell it back to us at International market price as if the oil does not come from our soils. The criminals does not want our people to have jobs by refining the oil in our land, whereas even Biafra in the midst of war refined their own oil.

The criminal cannot even ensure that our policing, our courts, our roads, our hospitals are in good working condition. The criminals want to by so doing, bring about massive inflation that will completely damage our economy and the value of our naira. These same criminals do not keep their stolen money in naira. They keep them in dollars. That was why they shared our raw dollars in the last PDP presidential election primary.

The man that called himself our president shared out 9,000dollars while his main rival shared out 7,500dollars. How can they protect our economy and our niara when do not save in naira?

The Truth is that we the masses of Nigeria are on our own and must take our destiny into our hands. We must match this criminals with equal will. We must destroy them and liberate the Nigerian people.

We must be freeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 10:04am On Dec 05, 2011
^
You are jumping over your own tongue in wicked ways, bruv.

I am not asking for outpouring of emotion or directionless sentiment. Tell us objectively what you understand by fuel subsidy and how it works. The reason I am asking you is simple, I want to protect you from just running into the bush and fighting tree's to a standstill with unbounding energy.

In very concise terms, sir. What do you personally understand by fuel subsidy?

After you have told us, we will know if your words are worth it. Thanks, I am waiting.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AlanF100: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Dear Mr. Beaf please can answer the simple question every impoverished Nigerian is asking President GEJ since you always hold brief for him.
Does subsidy removal mean increase in our costs of living or not?
We are happy if President Jonathan is trying to correct some “wrongs” as long as his actions are only targeted at the so called cartel. We are children of history as far as “subsidy removal” is concerned and we know the only thing that ever changed, as they increased the pump price of petroleum products, is that our roads got worse, hospitals got more dilapidated, and loots reassigned.
We don’t care what he does to the cartel because we know they are his friends. They donated to his campaign and most of them are on his Economic team. Tell President Jonathan the only thing we care about is our survival.
No to pump price increase
No to increase costs of living
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2011
AlanF100:

Dear Mr. Beaf please can answer the simple question every impoverished Nigerian is asking President GEJ since you always hold brief for him.
Does subsidy removal mean increase in our costs of living or not?
We are happy if President Jonathan is trying to correct some “wrongs” as long as his actions are only targeted at the so called cartel. We are children of history as far as “subsidy removal” is concerned and we know the only thing that ever changed, as they increased the pump price of petroleum products, is that our roads got worse, hospitals got more dilapidated, and loots reassigned.
We don’t care what he does to the cartel because we know they are his friends. They donated to his campaign and most of them are on his Economic team. Tell President Jonathan the only thing we care about is our survival.
No to pump price increase
No to increase costs of living

Can I refer you to the same question I asked in my last post? Tell us what you personally understand by the fuel subsidy and how it works. I don't want to hold fruitless arguments with people who are merely trading sentiments and willing on the ignorant.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by lanrefront1(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2011
If the President decides to use executive fiat to abolish fuel subsidy even despite the disaproval of the House of Reps., then the National Assembly can also use parliamentary fiat (actually powers) to abolish his goverment by passing a "vote of no confidence" on him.

But do posees the moral courage or will to this.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

^
You are jumping over your own tongue in wicked ways, bruv.

I am not asking for outpouring of emotion or directionless sentiment. Tell us objectively what you understand by fuel subsidy and how it works. The reason I am asking you is simple, I want to protect you from just running into the bush and fighting tree's to a standstill with unbounding energy.

In very concise terms, sir. What do you personally understand by fuel subsidy?

After you have told us, we will know if your words are worth it. Thanks, I am waiting.

There is no subsidy on fuel sir. because it is gotten freely in our lands. Our government should be able to refine our fuel. If they cannot, let them head to their villages. It is not a must that any body will rule us.

Nigerians must be ruled at their own terms and not at terms dictated by the cabal and the multinationals.

Are you aware sir that half of our crude is stolen? Are you aware sir that your so called messiah lacked the will to stop this, whereas we have thousand of people that are being paid billions as security agents? The police, the army, the SSS, the NIA?

Is it not true that, he that cannot secure our resources as President, should resign and head to his village? Is it also not true that your president shared out dollars in the last PDP convention? Is it not a crime for the sole protector of our currency to loose faith in it by the preference given to dollars, even as he was committing another crime (bribery)?

Do we deserve such crooks as leaders? Can we trust them with our future sir? Is Jonathan not part of PDP that increased the price of fuel over 4 times since 1999 with the promise that our refineries will be brought back to work sir? Are they all not supposed to die for the hardship imposed our on people?

Are you aware sir, that our debts amounted to 14billion dollars by 2007, increased to 21billion by 2010 and presently stand at over 32billion in just one years ? What accounted for this than irresponsibility sir?

Are you aware sir that they have increased electricity tarriffs, manufactured a bogus vehicle number plates renewal system all to further squueeze us sir?

Are you aware sir that by the time we were electing GEJ that a tin of peak milk sells for 110 naira, and is presently selling for 140naira sir? Find out the change in the price of tin of milo or even pack of sugar sir?

Are you also aware that our naira is crumbling everyday and Sanusi's monetary policy adjustments could not save us because the reckless spending of your fake messiah sir? What are the core of your master's transformation agenda so far?

Did your master mention fuel price hike, electricity tarriff increase, or even number plate extortion during his campaign Sir?

Finally, have your master been able to manage his home fronts well? have he been able to make Patience a better wife and a better woman after years as married couples?

How can we trust our lives with one that cannot even understand that Olumba Olumba Obey is mere mortal and not God? Why did your mater not tell us that he worship with Olumba before the election?

I am also yet top understand the 500 hunderd or so witches invited at your masters swearing in ceremony, because I can't help suspecting he may be part of the beast predicted in Revelation!!!

And I am very serious, believing that standing up to him and his lords is standing up to the beast. I have no doubt that I am of God while you and your master are of the opposite!!!

Will meet you at the streets or hereafter.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2011
I think GEJ thinks Nigerians can be fooled twice! He should ask His acclaimed godfather-IBB. Instead of the President to engage Nigerians with weekly discussions/broadcast on this very important, vital and sensitive issue, He wants to see if Nigerians "get liver" so to say. Subsidy must go but not in this climate!

GEJ is failing to learn from history, He should go ask shagari and Gowon! Let me remind GEJ that not much has changed in Nigeria since those era and His  government may just not live upto 2015.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2011
Godman_n:

There is no subsidy on fuel sir. because it is gotten freely in our lands. Our government should be able to refine our fuel. If they cannot, let them head to their villages. It is not a must that any body will rule us.

Nigerians must be ruled at their own terms and not at terms dictated by the cabal and the multinationals.

Are you aware sir that half of our crude is stolen? Are you aware sir that your so called messiah lacked the will to stop this, whereas we have thousand of people that are being paid billions as security agents? The police, the army, the SSS, the NIA?

Is it not true that, he that cannot secure our resources as President, should resign and head to his village? Is it also not true that your president shared out dollars in the last PDP convention? Is it not a crime for the sole protector of our currency to loose faith in it by the preference given to dollars, even as he was committing another crime (bribery)?

Do we deserve such crooks as leaders? Can we trust them with our future sir? Is Jonathan not part of PDP that increased the price of fuel over 4 times since 1999 with the promise that our refineries will be brought back to work sir? Are they all not supposed to die for the hardship imposed our on people?

Are you aware sir, that our debts amounted to 14billion dollars by 2007, increased to 21billion by 2010 and presently stand at over 32billion in just one years ? What accounted for this than irresponsibility sir?

Are you aware sir that they have increased electricity tarriffs, manufactured a bogus vehicle number plates renewal system all to further squueeze us sir?

Are you aware sir that by the time we were electing GEJ that a tin of peak milk sells for 110 naira, and is presently selling for 140naira sir? Find out the change in the price of tin of milo or even pack of sugar sir?

Are you also aware that our naira is crumbling everyday and Sanusi's monetary policy adjustments could not save us because the reckless spending of your fake messiah sir? What are the core of your master's transformation agenda so far?

Did your master mention fuel price hike, electricity tarriff increase, or even number plate extortion during his campaign Sir?

Finally, have your master been able to manage his home fronts well? have he been able to make Patience a better wife and a better woman after years as married couples?

How can we trust our lives with one that cannot even understand that Olumba Olumba Obey is mere mortal and not God? Why did your mater not tell us that he worship with Olumba before the election?

I am also yet top understand the 500 hunderd or so witches invited at your masters swearing in ceremony, because I can't help suspecting he may be part of the beast predicted in Revelation!!!

And I am very serious, believing that standing up to him and his lords is standing up to the beast. I have no doubt that I am of God while you and your master are of the opposite!!!

Will meet you at the streets or hereafter.

Learn to write without rambling, sir. The only line in that long diatribe that is of any use is the first one.

. . .And that first line leaves me really perplexed about your state of knowledge of the subject matter. Since you believe there is no subsidy, why are you concerned about its removal? Dude, that stark contradiction of positions proves that you have zero clue about what the subsidy is. I wish you goodluck with your "revolution," its gonna be bloody comical. Imagine a revolution led by the ignorant and confused! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 10:56am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Learn to write without rambling, sir. The only line in that long diatribe that is of any use is the first one.

. . .And that first line leaves me really perplexed about your state of knowledge of the subject matter. Since you believe there is no subsidy, why are you concerned about its removal? Dude, that stark contradiction of positions proves that you have zero clue about what the subsidy is. I wish you goodluck with your "revolution," its gonna be bloody comical. Imagine a revolution led by the ignorant and confused! grin grin grin grin grin

You must wish me luck because it is for your good and that of all men that I fight for. I deserve luck because I stand on the right side of history.

Can't you digest my rambling and shame me. Tell me my lies. Tell me is our crude is not being stolen? Tell me if your master did not share our bribery in dollars?

Tell me the cost of drilling a liter of fuel + the refining cost: that is what Nigerians should pay for a liter of fuel. Why should some ingenious criminal to sell back our crude at international market price and call it subsidy? Is that subsidy mr. beaf?

If you have any elecment of sincerity in you should attempt these three question?

1.  is our crude being massively stolen or not? What has your master done to hasten the passage of the original PIB bill and not the fake one being paraded by her minister?

2. Is the cost of fuel not = cost of drilling and cost of refining? Why must we import? Why can't our security deal with the cabals?

3. Is it not criminally ingenious to want to sell  back our refined crude back to us at international market price and call it subsidy? Even if we foolishly accept it as subsidy? What is wrong with subsidising key component of your economy?

4. What improvenment has GEj brought to account for the massive borrowing? A simple question? Where is the money?
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Surely it behoves on you to understand that what He said is a misnomer in that subsidy from day one is a fraud! Why has GEJ refused to explain clearly to Nigerians why NNPC  would be paying insurance/demurrage on a ship ladden with oil 30days before it has actually left her shores in singapore?

The current economic state in Nigeria does not warrant removal of subsidy! Fix the refinaries and get them working in the next 3years, then remove subsidy afterwards knowing that much of the petroleum products are sourced in house, hence major and independent marketers would end up not paying International market rates, rather rates set by the FG inline with the projected economic state. These stuff is not rocket science to figure out and getting to implement them. It only because GEJ is highly compromised  and lacks the political will to do what is right. He cares so much about His political survival!

***An aside issue****  You saw the list of those being paid the so called subsidies, and it is obvious those companies belong to those who "installed" GEJ in office, hence the reason He refused to name the cabals.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2011
Godman_n:

You must wish me luck because it is for your good and that of all men that I fight for. I deserve luck because I stand on the right side of history.

Can't you digest my rambling and shame me. Tell me my lies. Tell me is our crude is not being stolen? Tell me if your master did not share our bribery in dollars?

Tell me the cost of drilling a liter of fuel + the refining cost: that is what Nigerians should pay for a liter of fuel. Why should some ingenious criminal to sell back our crude at international market price and call it subsidy? Is that subsidy mr. beaf?

If you have any elecment of sincerity in you should attempt these three question?

1. is our crude being massively stolen or not? What has your master done to hasten the passage of the original PIB bill and not the fake one being paraded by her minister?

2. Is the cost of fuel not = cost of drilling and cost of refining? Why must we import? Why can't our security deal with the cabals?

3. Is it not criminally ingenious to want to sell back our refined crude back to us at international market price and call it subsidy? Even if we foolishly accept it as subsidy? What is wrong with subsidising key component of your economy?

4. What improvenment has GEj brought to account for the massive borrowing? A simple question? Where is the money?

Dude, sound even more alarmingly confused than when you atarted out. I think it must be the onset of Harmattan.
Lets stick to what we have established so far, which is that you have no clue about what the oil subsidy means and how it operates; after that we can probe deeper.
Sir, tell me why you are going to be fighting (or even what you are going to be fighting) since you believe that thieves are selling our own oil back to us at inflated cost (which GEJ also believes), yet you want to fight when the instrument for stealing is removed! Damn! shocked

You are very confused.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2011
I thought Jonathan gave an Executive order for NNPC to get the refinaries working in 12months or so? What has happened since that order?
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Surely it behoves on you to understand that what He said is a misnomer in that subsidy from day one is a fraud! Why has GEJ refused to explain clearly to Nigerians why NNPC  would be paying insurance/demurrage on a ship ladden with oil 30days before it has actually left her shores in singapore?

The current economic state in Nigeria does not warrant removal of subsidy! Fix the refinaries and get them working in the next 3years, then remove subsidy afterwards knowing that much of the petroleum products are sourced in house, hence major and independent marketers would end up not paying International market rates, rather rates set by the FG inline with the projected economic state. These stuff is not rocket science to figure out and getting to implement them. It only because GEJ is highly compromised  and lacks the political will to do what is right. He cares so much about His political survival!

***An aside issue****  You saw the list of those being paid the so called subsidies, and it is obvious those companies belong to those who "installed" GEJ in office, hence the reason He refused to name the cabals.

Ok, so GEJ wants to stop NNPC paying demurrage on ships in Singapore. Why should that be painful to you if you are not confused?
And why should GEJ explain to Nigerians why that practice is in place, did he start it? No, but he's gonna put an end to that corrupt loophole, so why the crocodile tears, bruv? Who you fooling?
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by blacksta(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2011
The Problem is not the fuel subsidy removal but where the accured savings will end up. Nigerians dont trust GEJ and his corrupt cabals.  Personally i dont think they have the comptency to manage this removal in the interest of Nigerians.

Thanks to the advance in information technology, Nigerians are now more aware. One day the dam will burst, presently it is full of holes.  Ask yourself , how long can this mis management carry on. I just hope it is in my lifetime.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Relax101(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2011
GEJ, pls remove Fuel subsidy by all and every power you have.
We have seen how a few eat the nation's money.
Remove subsidy NOW!!!! You have my support!
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by midep: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2011
Let him use his Executive order and we the masses will make use of the Eagle Square the same way the Egyptian make use of their Tahir Square.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, sound even more alarmingly confused than when you atarted out. I think it must be the onset of Harmattan.
Lets stick to what we have established so far, which is that you have no clue about what the oil subsidy means and how it operates; after that we can probe deeper.
Sir, tell me why you are going to be fighting (or even what you are going to be fighting) since you believe that thieves are selling our own oil back to us at inflated cost (which GEJ also believes), yet you want to fight when the instrument for stealing is removed! Damn! shocked

You are very confused.

I have seen enough of of GEJ to know who he is. He believes nothing. He has no principle.

Is Nigeria Army, Police, SSS etc not enough tools in his hands to arrest and prosecute the criminals? How come ordinary Nigerians know the thieves while GEJ will rather have these same thieves as his sponsors (he even gave them all the national awards), than to expose them? How come he that wants to deregulate oil sector have done nothing about the PIB that is meant to give our youths jobs?

Why have you avoided all my questions? Did your GEJ not give dollar denomenated bribery at PDP ABUJA convention? Do you think one that have shown no faith on our national currency by giving bribery in dollars can protect our economy?

We need to digets GEJ's mindset to be able to trust him. But when I try to, I just see millions of reason not to. He is incapable, un-informed, un-exposed; he is without guts to stand for truth, unprincipled to tranform my nation. he is just but an oppurtunist that seek to destroy my country.

[size=20pt]Like I have said in earlier posts, I see a beast-like feature as revealed in Revelation. That is the only explanation for the Olumba Olumba, for the 500 witches invited during his swearing in and the hardship he is seeking to bring upon us.[/size]

Don't just avoid the above comments as you have done above, attend to them, because I suspect you are part of the evil agenda. And I wish yoy change your ways, because the judgement day is around the corner. No evil done to my people will be unpaid.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Kx: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2011
Are we saying without the savings from subsidy removal,
our roads wont be fixed?
Infrastructures wont be provided?

What are the huge oil revenue and tax proceeds meant for?
Is the payment of taxes by workers to govt no longer a social contract?
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Ok, so GEJ wants to stop NNPC paying demurrage on ships in Singapore. Why should that be painful to you if you are not confused?
And why should GEJ explain to Nigerians why that practice is in place, did he start it? No, but he's gonna put an end to that corrupt loophole, so why the crocodile tears, bruv? Who you fooling?
Sometimes you come across like someone who never saw the four walls of an institution of learning! The reality is, the practice and process of getting oil into Nigeria at international market price is what needs to be abolished and we have not seen any committed plan from the FG at getting this practice to come to an end.

If you think by removing subsidy, the above mentioned corruption loopholes will be blocked, then you must be deluded for real! Look at what is happening with other petroluem products the FG has technically removed subsidies from, has the prices go down? Has there being continuous availability of those products? The obvious answer is NO!

With the present state of the Nigeria Economy, one would expect that "Efficiently managed" subsidies will be the way to go until such a time that self substainability is achieved, then you can think about removing subsidies.

GEJ should get down to the business of building more refinaries, getting the products 90% refined in Nigeria, thereafter think about subsidy removal!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Explosion At Bomb Factory Kills Boko Haram Members - / Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark / History Of Fuel Price Increase In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.