Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) (3251 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / TB Joshua Edited Colorado Video Prophecy? / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saved?

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand."- Romans 14:4

Come out of the Babylon system Ola , it has corrupted you and turned you into a self righteous Pharisee.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel:

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand."- Romans 14:4

Come out of the Babylon system Ola , it has corrupted you and turned you into a self righteous Pharisee.

The question was, are you saved, are you a Christian?
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
he'll be shooting his post and pride if he answered the question.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^^

My aim is not to appease the members of the harlot church , but rather to expose them.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel: ^^^

My aim is not to appease the members of the harlot church , but rather to expose them.
hehehehe, your pride no gree you.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 4:02am On Nov 28, 2012
@ijawk
I wanted OLA to be humble like the apostle paul and every other 1st century christian....

This is what paul who had done everything for the GOODnews said..if only OLA was a quater of paul his statement wouldn't have cracked me up....::::::
Humility is not fear, insecurity, uncertainty or lack of confidence.

These are pauls words @ phillipians 3:11-14:::::::

Philippians 3:11–14
11 and so, somehow, attaining to the
resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or
have already arrived at my goal,l but I press
on to take holdm of that for which Christ
Jesus took hold of me.n 13 Brothers and
sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have
taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting
what is behind and straining toward what is
ahead, 14 I press onp toward the goal to win
the prizeq for which God has calledr me
heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Ola has not said that he has reached his goal. He said his name is written in heaven, there is absolutely nothing wrong in saying that. A christian ought to have an assurance of his salvation. He ought to know that he has eternal life and has passed from death into life.
1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Having eternal life and your name written in heaven doesn't mean or stop you from pressing forward in knowing God/christ, and the power of His resurrection. We still grow in grace and in knowledge.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Paul knew that it was only when he endured right to the end faithfully that his name or his chances of survival into the heavens would be sure......

OLA's statement totally displays PRIDE.....and like I said for the fact he supports isreal in its blood shed in recent times shows he himself isn't ready for heaven.............

2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Paul knew that there was a crown of righteousness waiting for him. He knew he was saved, and called the believers "saved" and "saints".

You can hear these words also in zephaniah 2:3....

##King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth,
which have wrought his judgment; seek
righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye
shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

##GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Search for the LORD, all you humble people in
the land who carry out his justice. Search for
what is right. Search for humility. Maybe you
will find shelter on the day of the LORD's
anger.

Our gaining eternal life can only be a reality when we ""endure "" to the end not when we are presumptuous......
shocked shocked shocked na wa for you oh, you had to go all the way to zephaniah to tell us that we may be or may not be? Did you read from verse 1? Would you not rather align yourself to people like me and Ola in 1Peter 2v9? If na tithe we dey talk now, you go easily bleat its not talking to you! Paul was a man who boldly declared.

Act 23:1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God unto this day.
1Th 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblamably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

Paul could boldly tell others to walk worth and to be followers of him.

1Co 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1Co 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
Phi 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.
He said he was BLAMELESS and encouraged others to be. He was persuaded, he was not a conqueror but more than a conqueror. he never lived a wishy washy defeated life. he had the spirit of faith, and you ought to if you are a christian. Every child of God should be able to declare "We are of God, We have this treasure, We know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]tnk u ,God bless u.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Pygru: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Nigeria A Secular State? / Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? / Rev. Okotie Romantic Relationship With Bode George's Wife Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.