Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW (6048 Views)

GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
AGOS - Lagos State government has said it will scale up electricity generation within the state to at least 3,000 megawatts within the next two years, the Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Mr.Taofiq Tijani has said.

Meantime, Senator Gbenga Ashafa, representing, Lagos East Senatorial District has stressed the urgent need for private sector to buy into the energy sector as well as sponsor the training of quality manpower that will control the sector.

Tijani and Ashafa spoke at the weekend during a formal graduation ceremony in honour of first graduating set of 15 young electrical engineers under the Youth Energy Career Programme (YECP) run by the Lagos State Electricity Board, LSEB, and sponsored by Ashafa, with Siemens, a global player in the power sector as trainer partner.

Tijani, stated that the project is expected to be realised through continuing partnership with private sector investors in the state power sector.

Source: Vanguard
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by geez1: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
CFCfan: AGOS - Lagos State government has said it will scale up electricity generation within the state to at least 3,000 megawatts within the next two years, the Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Mr.Taofiq Tijani has said.

Meantime, Senator Gbenga Ashafa, representing, Lagos East Senatorial District has stressed the urgent need for private sector to buy into the energy sector as well as sponsor the training of quality manpower that will control the sector.

Tijani and Ashafa spoke at the weekend during a formal graduation ceremony in honour of first graduating set of 15 young electrical engineers under the Youth Energy Career Programme (YECP) run by the Lagos State Electricity Board, LSEB, and sponsored by Ashafa, with Siemens, a global player in the power sector as trainer partner.

Tijani, stated that the project is expected to be realised through continuing partnership with private sector investors in the state power sector.

Source: Vanguard

And when the LASG says it will do something, just consider it done

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by wesley80(m): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
^Yeah right, like they just realized they need power. Anymore emptier and devoid of fact and this piece would be on Linda Ikeji's blogsite!
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Interesting.... However, they need to keep it on the low, before the United-Scroungers-Association-of-Nigeria start trooping there in millions from different parts of the country.... Lagos is too overcrowded!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by adino(m): 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Year 2008
Lagos to generate 5,000 megawatts of electrity before 2011.

Year 2012
Lagos to generate 3,000 megawatts before 2015

This useless propapanda infested state and their newspaper project as well as their hype infested lily livered governor.
ac hen govt is on a steady decline in Lagos. I laugh in 20,000 megawatts grin grin grin grin grin.

12 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
With the planned Badagry Energy City, Eko Atlantic City and Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lagos State will definitely need 3,000MW or more. Power plants would be set up in the proposed Energy City. I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that Lagos State alone will need between 5,000 to 10,000MW to guarantee 24-hr electricity due to existing demand and future demand when those 3 new cities/areas are fully developed.In addition, the whole of Nigeria needs to generate and distribute a minimum of 80,000 to 100,000MW to guarantee the same.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by toyindebare(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2012
Fashola is working ,Jonathan is snoring.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by tomakint: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2012
You keep hearing this urban legend almost every year, I wonder most times what type of country is this and how come the people eulogise mediocrities! If its not 3000 mw today, it will be 10000 mw tomorrow all on falsehood undecided

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by omenziate(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2012
Hmmmmmmm, wetin we never hear before for dis country?
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by earthgreeners(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2012
CFCfan: With the planned Badagry Energy City, Eko Atlantic City and Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lagos State will definitely need 3,000MW or more. Power plants would be set up in the proposed Energy City. I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that Lagos State alone will need between 5,000 to 10,000MW to guarantee 24-hr electricity due to existing demand and future demand when those 3 new cities/areas are fully developed.In addition, the whole of Nigeria needs to generate and distribute a minimum of 80,000 to 100,000MW to guarantee the same.

1000 likes
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by earthgreeners(m): 10:27am On Nov 20, 2012
adino: Year 2008

Year 2012

This useless propapanda infested state and their newspaper project as well as their hype infested lily livered governor.
ac hen govt is on a steady decline in Lagos. I laugh in 20,000 megawatts grin grin grin grin grin.

There is a power plant project on d way @ alausa, near KAI office...go there and see for urself
...Lagos state is expanding and developing , therefore there is need for the state government to step up power plants to light all dis developmental projects.

*since the federal government under d Retardeen is underperforming.....
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by larrymoore(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2012
Classical allusion!
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by juman(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2012

Year 2012

Hmmm
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by slimming: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2012
The current total is about 4500 for the whole country, if Lagos can go head in achieving this in the next 2 years will be landmark.
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by juman(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2012
CFCfan: With the planned Badagry Energy City, Eko Atlantic City and Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lagos State will definitely need 3,000MW or more. Power plants would be set up in the proposed Energy City. I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that Lagos State alone will need between 5,000 to 10,000MW to guarantee 24-hr electricity due to existing demand and future demand when those 3 new cities/areas are fully developed.In addition, the whole of Nigeria needs to generate and distribute a minimum of 80,000 to 100,000MW to guarantee the same.

Yeah, definitely Lagos alone need more than 10,000MW. Hope their government would achieve that 3,000MW.

Hmmm, nigeria is a failed state. A country of 170 million in darkness.
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by blacksta(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2012
wesley80: ^Yeah right, like they just realized they need power. Anymore emptier and devoid of fact and this piece would be on Linda Ikeji's blogsite!

bAD belle no good , If Na GeJ dem yab now , your BP go don rise

. Like you people always do and act " Our Son can do no bad"

BRF has a vast track record of accomplishments - unlike our bros for Abuja - Mr I will do , I promise , Lets pray

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by duni04(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2012

Year 2012

Don't blame you,blame 8 idiots liking your stupid linkless comment. Where's the link to prove it??

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by aglomar: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2012
Lagos is working!
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Revolva(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2012

Well said the government should start planning greatly for the future unless one day after completing these projets one day we go hear say power is the problem - e go be big Bleep up o
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by jjctonl: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2012
tomakint: You keep hearing this urban legend almost every year, I wonder most times what type of country is this and how come the people eulogise mediocrities! If its not 3000 mw today, it will be 10000 mw tomorrow all on falsehood undecided

Year 2012

You have to blame PDP led Federal Govt. for that.
We are all aware that Lagos State was the first State that started the Independent Power Project (IPP)under Tinubu but it was frustrated by Obasanjo because he wanted to capture Lagos. There was even a supreme court case won by Lagos State against the FederaL Govt. to refund some money owed Lagos State on this issue of power generation.
You must also understand that before now PHCN has been operating distribution and transmission services under a monopoly. Now that the market is free, Lagos is coming in full force. Have you not noticed those small transformers mounted up in front of some houses in your street?

I believe Lagos State Govt. more than the Federal Govt. PDP led Govt. is full of deceit. For example, FG's meaning or definition of deregulation of the downstream oil sector is to increase price of oil by allowing international market forces to determine the prices of oil products that we are endowed with. This is laziness, inefficiency and being foolish. How many times have we heard that the FG has awarded a contract for Turn Around Maintenance (TAM)for our refineries? Under Obasanjo, I heard it about four times, under Yaradua I heard it once, and under Jonathan I've heard it once too. But how are those refineries today? Shameful!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by bory09(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2012
i think your level pass this menial lie that you are lying here. For where you see ham. Let your lies stay among ur community don't let the whole world know how bad you are when it comes to exaggeration of small small things. 100 megawatt ko 1000
megawatt ni
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by bory09(m): 11:35am On Nov 20, 2012
jjc-to-nl:

You have to blame PDP led Federal Govt. for that.
We are all aware that Lagos State was the first State that started the Independent Power Project (IPP)under Tinubu but it was frustrated by Obasanjo because he wanted to capture Lagos. There was even a supreme court case won by Lagos State against the FederaL Govt. to refund some money owed Lagos State on this issue of power generation.
You must also understand that before now PHCN has been operating distribution and transmission services under a monopoly. Now that the market is free, Lagos is coming in full force. Have you not noticed those small transformers mounted up in front of some houses in your street?

I believe Lagos State Govt. more than the Federal Govt. PDP led Govt. is full of deceit. For example, FG's meaning or definition of deregulation of the downstream oil sector is to increase price of oil by allowing international market forces to determine the prices of oil products that we are endowed with. This is laziness, inefficiency and being foolish. How many times have we heard that the FG has awarded a contract for Turn Around Maintenance (TAM)for our refineries? Under Obasanjo, I heard it about four times, under Yaradua I heard it once, and under Jonathan I've heard it once too. But how are those refineries today? Shameful!
ok i have get it. ACN is the rigtheous party of our time they don't embezzle money still they invest heavy amount of money in election campaign. I like that,@ they get those money from heaven. Tinubu was only a governor in lagos now he owns several companies and estates in lagos and over the place from where did he get money for those investment. *i dont know but please tell me*
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by salolo(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2012
Eko o ni baje, yio ma dara si

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by jjctonl: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
bory09: ok i have get it. ACN is the rigtheous party of our time they don't embezzle money still they invest heavy amount of money in election campaign. I like that,@ they get those money from heaven. Tinubu was only a governor in lagos now he owns several companies and estates in lagos and over the place from where did he get money for those investment. *i dont know but please tell me*

I am not saying Lagos State Govt. and ACN are saints. Of course, there is every likelihood they must have embezzled and they are still embezzling. However, when they award contracts (though they might be inflated contracts), Lagosians can still see the evidence of a contract awarded. For examples, how many times have you heard of awarding contracts of Lagos-Ibadan Express? During the time of Anenih as Works Minister, over 400 billion naira was spent on Nigerian roads between 1999-2003. Did you see the evidence? When Mrs Alison-Madueke was the Works Minister, she inspected some roads and even shed tears on Benin-Ore road when she saw the level it was. Was there any thing to show for her passion before she left for Petroleum Ministry? Just this week, Lagos-Ibadan Express contract that was handed over to Bi-Courtney for billions of naira on rebuild, operate and hand over basis for 25 years was withdrawn and given to Julius Berger and one other company.

However can you tell me any contract awarded by Lagos State that was not executed well? Though like I said above, the contract might be inflated but you will see the performance and execution of the contract.

I am not a politician and I'm not related to any ACN member. I am just one of the people who can clearly see the difference between a deceit-full PDP and ACN. This is entirely my opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by solomonkane(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
wesley80: ^Yeah right, like they just realized they need power. Anymore emptier and devoid of fact and this piece would be on Linda Ikeji's blogsite!

So you say the plan by Lagos to generate 3,000MW is a myth?

But you willy nilly accept this one because its PDP?

https://www.nairaland.com/1108259/delta-get-700m-methanol-plant

I read you loud and clear.SMH.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Umunede(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
Dat will result in 24hrs power since ghana with almost same population with lagos enjoys 24hrs power with 2400MW
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by DrMuzungu(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
Just for the record, my tinu country of under 10 million people generates between 6000 and 8500 MW... You people should be angry, very angry, at your government.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by gregg2: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
geez*:

And when the LASG says it will do something, just consider it done

Just as you can now fly into the Lekki International Airport and drive at 180/hr to
Badagry on the ten lanes road they promised us.
Rubbish talk. Keep licking ACN's bumb bumb.
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Demdem(m): 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
blacksta:

bAD belle no good , If Na GeJ dem yab now , your BP go don rise

. Like you people always do and act " Our Son can do no bad"

BRF has a vast track record of accomplishments - unlike our bros for Abuja - Mr I will do , I promise , Lets pray

1 Like

Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by moty4all: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
NO time to read..

I'm Simply just tired of all this Power promises

NEXT
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
@Bory09: It is possible that Lagos State might need up to 10,000MW to ensure stable electricity supply all year round. I'm not going to join issues with you; you are free to say whatever comes to your mind.

But please, try as much as possible to be civil in your remarks.
Re: Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW by huptin(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sometimes i am forced to wonder if some people in lagos are under a spell or just cannot see, tinubu and fashola have spent a combined time of 13 years and lagos, i dear say, still remain as bad, if not worse than they met it. As bad as PDP is,it still stand head and shoulders above the so called ACn progressives. For example, Unilag is being controlled by PDP led FG, N10,900 for school fees while Lasu owned by ACN charges N350,000, now compare Unilag and Lasu in terms of standard.
All the federal government roads in lagos state are better maintained with fewer potholes than state roads, federal government employess earn far more than state govenment employees,Luth and Lasuth are incomparable.
And before you start looking for flimsy excuses that FG has more money than lagos government please remember that for eveything thing being controlled by Lagos state, FG has at least 50.
Can any one mention just one major road project that has been completed since Fashola was sworn in? He patches a road today and comes to repatch in the next two months, thats not governance thats deceit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flood Victims In Adamawa Paid N200 & N240 As Compensation / Meet President Buhari's Pilot Of Nigeria Airfoce 001 - Pics / Nnamdi Kanu Has Killed Gov Wike’s Political Future – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.