Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! (8277 Views)

Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard / Sabo Mohammed-Nakudu Withdraws Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Bravery: Naval Officer Sacrificed Himself After Discovering Boko Haram Landmine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by tarryT(m): 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
nagoma: Video or no Video the reality is that JTF round up and murder innocent citizens. This is seen by everybody in Maiduguri and Damaturu. This fact is not based on video and withdrawal of one video doesn't exonerate the mass murderers.
Maybe it exonerate "holy"Boko Haram.. Clap for urself.

3 Likes

Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by uncleu(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
When I watched the video on South African owned etv yesterday evening I had my doubts. Anybody living in Nigeria and knowing the Nigerian army will also have his doubts.
The guy was on the back of a truck filled with dead bodies in a busy areas with some men moving around. Most of the men were wearing mufti with few on army uniform.
They dragged the man out of the truck and two men shut him on his head.
The typical Nigerian soldier will beat you up then take you to their base. Anything can happen there but two soldiers will not shoot somebody on the head with people watching.
Lastly I did not see blood splash though the video was blured.
Hope etv will this evening tell us reuter has withdrawn the video. They love anything bad coming out of Nigeria.
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by Ikwerefistson: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2012
duality: I don't have problems with the report. I have big issues with the way Niralanders respond to issues without thinking for one sec.

Secondly, Seun loves to sensationalise issues hence, lost of front page crap.
gbam
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
I hope the relevant authority will ensure they apologize for the bad image it must have caused this country. We know the image is not good b4 but this foreign media should desist from adding salt to injury.
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
They have to apologise. And if I'm GEJ I'll sue them for damages. Imagine the political tension this video must have caused before its removal
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by danjalingo: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
kabba7: Hell I belive D video story to be true.
If reuters buckle under the Nigerian government presure they better say it.
they can't buckle undrer pressure. they are not nigerians. they are the best news agency in the, so if the ve withdrawn they did in good faith.

1 Like

Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by WarriPikin1: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
Aljazeera,that terrorist TV channel and So many "innocent" western nations want the CIA 2015 breakup prediction to come true.They are unhappy that the Nigerian security forces have beaten the Boko Haram terror boys, so now they want to tarnish their image by accepting a movie staged by Boko Haram terrorists killing a captured Nigerian police officer or soldier they have unclad and dressed up in civilian clothes.
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by aglomar: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
I said it. But why didn't Reuters investigate before going to town with d false news?
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by hubreality(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
begwong: I have said it yesterday on that thread that boko Haram are in possession of Military camouflage,AK 47 and other military gadgets able to create that fake video.
Remain aljazeera!
tongue
Gbam! JTF need 2 really intensify their efforts the more in any troubled region. The future will definitely tell more...
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by Elebiju: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
If this junk came from a nigerian media,I'm sure some fools on nairaland will be quick to attack them for mediocrity and whatever,that is when u will be blinded with grammar on every page but because say na oyinbo press see as them quiet like stagnant water.
Re: Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake! by ektbear: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
Kx: Why publish a news item without first investigating its authenticity?

Good question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy / Congratulations To Godwin Obaseki, The Governor Elect / Atiku Abubabakar Is The Biggest Fool Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.