Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers (20786 Views)

MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Thread For DStv/GOtv Channel TELEMUNDO / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

anyway, i dont think so. What we are requesting for are options. Let there be options for we consumers to choose from. Its good to know that DSTV acklowledge such exist and promises to look into it.

Responding, the delegation from Multichoice Nigeria Limited disclosed that the firm did not have the platforms to implement pay-as-you-go system of payment but promised to look into it.

The delegation explained further that Multichoice is an access-to-content selling company and could not determine what it could purchase or sell to the smallest unit which would allow a pay-as-you-go payment system to function.

Have you seen the pictures I put up?!

Those pictures are from the sites of supposed Pay-as-you-go Cable providers abroad. Look at it and you will notice that what they are offering is the exact same thing DSTV is currently offering us in Nigeria & Africa..

I stand by my word that THEIR IS NO SUCH THING AS PAY AS YOU GO CABLE TELEVISION anywhere in the whole world..

If you think DSTV is too expensive, try NTA
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
mahel: . U ARE A FOOL!!

You are a HIV carrier
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
born2fuck: wetin concern bottle owner with sachet water palava, na your baba own dstv abi na u dey subscribe for the whole nigerian,I think say people like abacha don die finish for nigeria, don't know they still exist, even if you get money to burn, na for your papa house bi dat, if dem tell rich man make him no fall inside pit, na because dem like ham ni, because no one follow spend his money,if you have enough money to throway, go heaven go save ham there so if you die,you go fit continue spending for heaven

My guy cool down jor.. All this many many Parable wey you dey speak na untop 10k DSTV premium bouquet..

Our people own no good.. Them too like awoof.. If na you get the company, you sef no go mumu that kind mumu.. E get some people wey don use only 100 Naira recharge card since them buy their phone for MTN bog-off for 2005.

Me I no dey support bad thing. No be by who get money.. As I no fit Afford range rover sports no mean say I go come dey dey halla for coscharis to reduce the prize. Better soup na money kill am. If DSTV 10'k too cost, go-tv na 1500 Naira ..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by boron10(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
Football viewing centre operators will just be smiling to the bank every week
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by ow11(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
For me, the only option I want DSTV to bring in is the pay for channels. They can put a price on all the channels they have. So the option exists for you to even pick three channels and pay for those only.They can price it in such a way that picking over 15 channels would cost more than the premium bouquet. This can make football lovers pay for SS3 and SS7 only whilst housewives can pay for africa magic alone and so on.

Regarding their loss of signals, I wonder how they would determine who lost signal. What if it rains when you travelled or NEPA struck? They should just put that caveat in the agreement. Even Sky in the UK scrambles in the slightest wind.

DSTV has quality programmes and can compete with any pay TV anywhere in the world. For those whinners, CTL aka Trend TV started pay as you go TV. Why didn't you patronise them till they discontinued that nonsense?

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by iwanchop(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

If they make that mistake, some people go use 5000 Naira 'credit' in 1 year.. They will only put on their DSTV on match days or Big Brother eviction Sundays..

I dont support this rubbish.. DSTV is a luxury not a necessity.. If a man cant afford Cable TV, then he should watch NTA..

So u have nt removed dat mucor in ur brain..sorry.What is ur business if i use N1 for 10yrs?Na ur papa get d company?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Have you seen the pictures I put up?!

Those pictures are from the sites of supposed Pay-as-you-go Cable providers abroad. Look at it and you will notice that what they are offering is the exact same thing DSTV is currently offering us in Nigeria & Africa..

I stand by my word that THEIR IS NO SUCH THING AS PAY AS YOU GO CABLE TELEVISION anywhere in the whole world..

If you think DSTV is too expensive, try NTA

u may be right based on what u posted earlier however am not yet convinced that such doesnt exist at all in the world as at today. Will do my homework.
Its not about DSTV too expensive or not, its simply about having true value for money spent. Imagine having paid for 3 subscription subscription and u were told the following day that PHCN transformer in ur area has blown off which will require like 1 or 2months to repair. i wont enjoy burning diesel 24/7 just to allow my household to enjoy DSTV and u simply cant go back to DSTV requesting for a deferment of the service. That to me is unfair. Like i said, will do my homework.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

u may be right based on what u posted earlier however am not yet convinced that such doesnt exist at all in the world as at today. Will do my homework.
Its not about DSTV too expensive or not, its simply about having true value for money spent. Imagine having paid for 3 subscription subscription and u were told the following day that PHCN transformer in ur area has blown off which will require like 1 or 2months to repair. u simply cant go back to DSTV requesting for a deferment of the service. That to me is unfair. Like i said, will do my homework.

Bros thats circumstances beyond their control na?!

DSTV pays through their balls to buy diesel for their Genertors to keep their equipments running.. DSTVs responsibility is to provide a service, its your responsibility to enjoy their service..

I understand that we live in a very perculiar environment in this country, but I dont think that Pay-as-you-go TV is an option that any cable provider will be offering us anytime soon.. It does not favour the Network provider at all..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
ow11: For me, the only option I want DSTV to bring in is the pay for channels. They can put a price on all the channels they have. So the option exists for you to even pick three channels and pay for those only.They can price it in such a way that picking over 15 channels would cost more than the premium bouquet. This can make football lovers pay for SS3 and SS7 only whilst housewives can pay for africa magic alone and so on.

This is another option i also hope the consumers can pick from also.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
iwanchop:
So u have nt removed dat mucor in ur brain..sorry.What is ur business if i use N1 for 10yrs?Na ur papa get d company?

Yes.. my family and I hold a rather sizeable amount of Shares in Multichoice..

Pay or watch NTA #Shikina
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

This is another option i also hope the consumers can pick from also.

Sadly, its not going to be as easy as that...

Every cable company have those channels that sell more. Those channels are the one that they will guard jealously.. For DSTV, its the Big Brother Africa franchise and Super Sports. These channels will never be a part of any cheap selection bouquet. Since these are their top channels, they will be put on a rather high - premium level bouquet option.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by abhosts(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
CPC should leave DSTV alone and defend Vehicle Owners being exploited to pay for Plate number twice in the Name of New Plate Number.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
Some people are so dumb. Didn't My Tv try to do Pay as you go TV? Where is My Tv today? It's not CPC's duty to force Cable companies on how they will charge their subscribers. It should be based on competition just like the Glo Mtn per minute billing saga. I also do not believe any reasonable cable company would do per second billing for Tv. It doesn't really make sense. What I would prefer is the ending of the bouquet system so we can actually pay for individual channels we want to watch and not the whole bouquet.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by styno(m): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
I think a more realistic thing to ask is toll free customer service numbers. It makes no sense to call them to fix a problem and they use your credit to advertise all their services to you before giving you the option to press 1 to talk to an agent and that's if you are lucky

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
styno: I think a more realistic thing to ask is toll free customer service numbers. It makes no sense to call them to fix a problem and they use your credit to advertise all their services to you before giving you the option to press 1 to talk to an agent and that's if you are lucky

THIS I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Every cable company have those channels that sell more. Those channels are the one that they will guard jealously.. For DSTV, its the Big Brother Africa franchise and Super Sports. These channels will never be a part of any cheap selection bouquet. Since these are their top channels, they will be put on a rather high - premium level bouquet option.

Those premium channels can be charged higher than non premium channels so that subscribers can still subscribe for some premium channels at a higher price.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
12 inches!:

Those premium channels can be charged higher than non premium channels so that subscribers can still subscribe for some premium channels at a higher price.

Thats what i expect also.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by chidyke77(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
If the cnt do it 'per as u go'let them gv us the option of choosing d channel we want.
E.g SS3_1000 per month
SS5_500
SS7_700
NatGeo_500 for each
Discovery_500 for each
Mnet_500 each
AfMagic_300 each
BBA_1000 etc
In this way one cn subscribe for his favorite channels. For me I wl go wt SS3,5,7 then Natgeo,two Mnet channel and Discovery. Or group them,sports, movies both african and western,musicals,science and adventures.

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by luluosas(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Will this ever border these South African thieves?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by mrrock: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
@ow11
You're right!. And that's all part of pay-as-you-go. There have to be more flexibility in the subscibtion choices which is what CPC is calling for.
All these could be implemented within 24 hours if they want.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by ow11(m): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Simple! They charge SS3 and SS7 at 4k. Add Big brother and Mnet and you are getting close to paying for the premium bouquet. This will make people pay for premium bouquet OR a better pricing regime would be

1. Have certain channels as base then charge say 4k for sports bouquet, 3k for knowledge bouquet and so on. This means those people that like sports but hate big brother, africa magic and music channels can pay for base price of 1.5k and an extra 4k for the remaining sports chanels. This will increase subscription for DSTV and reduce monthly spend for customers.

2. Religious people can pay for base 1.5k and the christian bouquet for an extra 1k. The base alone would have those crappy Nigerian channels and maybe CNN, Food channel and the likes.

These two broad options are plausible

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
Forget CPC, just like every other Nigeria commission overseeing the affairs of such corporations they are corrupt and ineffective. This one is a show for the gallery to give the impression that they are working. Apparently , they will settle them and you would hear nothing about it again.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by ow11(m): 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
Yeah I agree with styno. . .

CPC should task all service providers (whether TV, mobile, NEPA grin etc) to make customer service numbers free. . .
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2012
ow11:

Simple! They charge SS3 and SS7 at 4k. Add Big brother and Mnet and you are getting close to paying for the premium bouquet. This will make people pay for premium bouquet OR a better pricing regime would be

1. Have certain channels as base then charge say 4k for sports bouquet, 3k for knowledge bouquet and so on. This means those people that like sports but hate big brother, africa magic and music channels can pay for base price of 1.5k and an extra 4k for the remaining sports chanels. This will increase subscription for DSTV and reduce monthly spend for customers.

2. Religious people can pay for base 1.5k and the christian bouquet for an extra 1k. The base alone would have those crappy Nigerian channels and maybe CNN, Food channel and the likes.

This really isnt a bad idea.. As long as its not the 'If NEPA takes light, my DSTV subscription stops reading deal..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Bjayjay: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Don't really support d pay as you go option. What I want them to do is pay according to d no of channels u want o watch, not by streamlining us to bouquets. If na only soccer I wan watch I should have d rite to subscribe for only soccer channels and if na movies d same way like its been done in d developed countries.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by chidyke77(m): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
ow11:

exactly my own idea too.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Dozieson(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
why okija juju carry this matter for head? cpc knows what they are doing i supposed.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by dunmorris(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
Thats Why I Love Ths type Of My Dish u Can Use It 100naira Etisalat grin grin grin

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by mrrock: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
@styno
MTN is running a scam through their sister company Multichoice DSTV that's why when you call they keep you waiting forever. As you noticed, they have added a long advert to keep you wating for more to make sure you are scammed off all your call credit any time you call them. And they will NEVER call you back if there's a disconnection.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by SkyRider1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
chidyke77: If the cnt do it 'per as u go'let them gv us the option of choosing d channel we want.
E.g SS3_1000 per month
SS5_500
SS7_700
NatGeo_500 for each
Discovery_500 for each
Mnet_500 each
AfMagic_300 each
BBA_1000 etc
In this way one cn subscribe for his favorite channels. For me I wl go wt SS3,5,7 then Natgeo,two Mnet channel and Discovery.

Considering that multichoice paid $100 million for English premier league content alone for 3 years. one should note that this is not Akara[i][/i] business
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
@ Okija Juju and his numerous supporters.

so do you think its not possible that they put a monthly price on the channels according to their classification and allow me to pay for just the ones i want to watch instead of pay-as-u-go?

then again, i wonder if you actually know what you are talking about, saying they will crash, you do realise Multichoice expenses in nigeria is entirely limited to maintaining staff and offices? im sure u know that they do not broadcast from nigeria?

if not for the recent idea of having live studios for soccer games in lagos, there was practically nothing going on.

so tell me over 3 million (extremely conservative estimate) pay 11 k per month just to service salaries and fuel for their cash collection points in nigeria? but you believe that pay as you go will kill those collection points?

as for DSTV being a luxury, i weep for your thinking. but when somebody was telling us GSM was a luxury you cried foul abi? and when obasanjo told us 1 liter of fuel was cheaper than a bottle of eva table water, you also joined to insult abi?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

This really isnt a bad idea.. As long as its not the 'If NEPA takes light, my DSTV subscription stops reading deal..

That and others like such is what we should be clamoring for. I believe there should be more flexibility than what is applicable now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Last Flight To Abuja (pics) / "Black Val" Premiere: Toyin Aimakhu, Iyabo Ojo, Dayo Amusa, Desmond Elliot / BBN6: White Money's Instagram Account Is Back. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.