Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers (20777 Views)

MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Thread For DStv/GOtv Channel TELEMUNDO / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Hardfact: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
Cant help loving it when gov agencies like CPC choose to do their job and not just exist only on papers. We commend them.
By the way I think there's a lot more work they can do for the consumers.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
Dee60: When people visit from those countries CPC is talking about they wonder how Nigerians are able to watch several channels (example all the EPL matches) whereas in their countries you pay extra for popular programmes.

CPC should be careful that they are not going to short-change Nigerians in the long run.

The per-second billing that people are citing has not yielded extra for Nigerians. The GSM operators know how to cut you off after 3 seconds so you have to redial again. In fact they charge you even when you have not used your credit at all. To whose benefit is that?

Fellow Nigerians, read between the lines!

Exactly...

Nigerians should be grateful for what they have.. In other countries, even fotball is on Pay-per-view..

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

If they make that mistake, some people go use 5000 Naira 'credit' in 1 year.. They will only put on their DSTV on match days or Big Brother eviction Sundays..

I dont support this rubbish.. DSTV is a luxury not a necessity.. If a man cant afford Cable TV, then he should watch NTA..

I totally agree with you, but if there's anyway it can work out, probably by a monthly service fee or so, then I'd wish for this possibility.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Youngzedd(m): 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
megawave: CPC please tell DSTV they can achieve this by selling minutes to we consumers, so when my decoder is on for 3hrs a day i am charged for that 3 hrs and i still have a lot of viewing hrs left.
sometimes i stress my purse just to please my guests, i forcefully subscribe just to make their stay pleasurable but if the pay as u go is adopted, i will deprive myself while i reserve my viewing time for my guests
Thumbs up CPC

Seconded.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Mcleo007(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
i support.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by KINGwax(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
Geomac: I support it too, i subscribed for three months and i don't think i have watched it more than 5 times.
you didn't subscribe for three months. Na 25k installation and 3months free subscription u still dey use. Abeg find a place sit down, let subscribers talk their talk jö!

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by aitanofi(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
U talk as if u benefit frm how they scam Nigerians, must we always compound our sufferings, though i dont use d cable bt i hav friends who subscribe monthly and dont have value frm their subscription. Why must i continue to pay for what i cant enjoy, or do u belong to the class that say PHONES ARE NT FOR D POOR
Okija_juju:

If they make that mistake, some people go use 5000 Naira 'credit' in 1 year.. They will only put on their DSTV on match days or Big Brother eviction Sundays..

I dont support this rubbish.. DSTV is a luxury not a necessity.. If a man cant afford Cable TV, then he should watch NTA..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demainman1: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2012
Please how much is the monthly subscription?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by begwong: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
This WILL end their yeye monopoly.
#OCCUPY_DSTV#
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by tayoccu(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Pay-per-view TV is different from Pay-as-you-go TV. On Pay-per-view, you need an active cable subscription to watch those channels. Eg, WWE Monday night raw (wrestling) have certain nights that are strictly on pay-per-view.. However, Pay-as-you-go means that you only get charged when your DSTV is on.. Sort of like NEPA prepaid meter.. No light, your subscription remains.. Which means some people will use 1000 Naira 'DSTV CREDIT' for 2 years..

I dont support it.. It will destroy DSTV..
[/b]

Not if they improve the quality of the content aired.
Wait o!
You sound like you prefer DSTV to keep ripping Nigerians off abi?

3 Likes

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
ait_anofi: U talk as if u benefit frm how they scam Nigerians, must we always compound our sufferings, though i dont use d cable bt i hav friends who subscribe monthly and dont have value frm their subscription. Why must i continue to pay for what i cant enjoy, or do u belong to the class that say PHONES ARE NT FOR D POOR

Again sir, I am simply being objective...

I dare you to google 'Pay-as-you-go TV' and show me anywhere in the world where such happens..

DSTV is not the same thing as Mobile Phones.. DSTV is a luxury not a necessity. Thats why the government isnt subsidizing it.. lol!

And enough with this DSTV SCAMMING NIGERIANS nonsense.. They are still the best and most flexible Cable TV providers in the country.. HITV tried and failed, there are other smaller companies that transmit free to air channels but there can be only one DSTV..

They even broke down their package and offered cheaper, more affordable ranges for clients and still greedy Nigerians want the fhucking thing for free..

DSTV costs more in South Africa than it does in Nigeria.. Go on their websites and compare prizes..

4 Likes

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by begwong: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demain_man: Please how much is the monthly subscription?
10K+ FULL BOUQUET
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by armadeo(m): 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demain_man: Please how much is the monthly subscription?
$

5k or 11k. Personally am on premium but walahi I haven't watched that stuff more than 24hrs in the last 6mths. The family loves shows found only on premium. Me I want to select my channels and pay accordingly cos many other channels I get on premium are never watched.
IT CAN BE DONE. Dstv has taken us for a ride too long and its not a luxury.

2 Likes

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by kaysy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
megawave: CPC please tell DSTV they can achieve this by selling minutes to we consumers, so when my decoder is on for 3hrs a day i am charged for that 3 hrs and i still have a lot of viewing hrs left.
sometimes i stress my purse just to please my guests, i forcefully subscribe just to make their stay pleasurable but if the pay as u go is adopted, i will deprive myself while i reserve my viewing time for my guests
Thumbs up CPC

Am begining to suspect ur guests... are they male or female guests
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by feathers007: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju: WTF is this shiit about?! There is no place in the world where Cable Television is Pay-as-you-go..

If you cant afford Cable TV, stick to fhucking public TV... angry
haba, there are several pay as u go satellite tv in the world especially in the US.
as example of a provider is given below.

http://www.dishformyrv.com/pay-as-you-go-features/
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
tayoccu:

Not if they improve the quality of the content aired.
Wait o!
You sound like you prefer DSTV to keep ripping Nigerians off abi?

DSTV has not ripped off anybody.. Its a service, if you cant afford it, use the many other alternatives that abound..

Quality costs money

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ete Flexible:
Responding, the delegation from Multichoice Nigeria Limited disclosed that the firm did not have the platforms to implement pay-as-you-go system of payment but promised to look into it.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211160598.html

This part reminded be about MTN. They originally told us that they dont have the resources to go to per second billing. When GLO came in with such, the following week MTN came out with per second billing. These guys arent to be trusted.

We need competition.

3 Likes

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by armadeo(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
begwong:
10K+ FULL BOUQUET

Full option is 11k. They have a pay b4 expiry bonus but I have never enjoyed it cos I pay from mtn its not worth the 1k for me to look for their office, it'll cost more than that in time and energy

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by sambussie(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
coolWell, dstv is a luxury, every consumer knew that b4 subscribing.
I got tired of watching local stations, so I bought it.
Its not multichoice fault dat we don't have. Steady power in 9ja.
But multichoice need to give consumers some kinda freebie.
I guess if another capable & reliable cable company emerges, multichoice will be forced to be consumer friendly, as it is now wth d telecoms industry. 4 now let dem enjoy their "monopoly" #shikena
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Bliszone: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
CPC should force DSTV to buy all the necessary equipment to implement Pay-as-you-go. They have made a lot of money from Nigerians. I have paid for many channels I don't need and for me to get those I need I keep paying higher. It is not done in other parts of the world. Our regulators should really wake up and stand on the side of the people. Before CPC could make suggestion of this type, they must done enough checks and know it is possible in Nigeria.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

do u woork for DSTV ?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by lacidi: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Why are we always saying rip off every time. Can someone tell me any country in Africa where DSTV subscription is lower than that of Nigeria? Let’s get our facts right before we write please. There is no African country that is paying less subscription than Nigeria. Go ask your friends in Ghana, Liberia and SA how much they pay.

We have got used to complaining in this country. HITV came and what did they do? They increased their subscription to N6,500/mth for some stupid football channels. We need to stop making impossible suggestions and thinking they will work. There is nowhere in the world that Cable subscription is on Pay-as-you-go basis, so let’s be practical for once.

Next thing now, people will start abusing me. The truth is bitter and you can take it to the bank that nothing is going to happen because the CPC request is not practical.

3 Likes

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by iwanchop(m): 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju: WTF is this shiit about?! There is no place in the world where Cable Television is Pay-as-you-go..

If you cant afford Cable TV, stick to fhucking public TV... angry
Who r u?Even DSTV did not say pay-as-u-go is not possible they only said they do nt have d platform yet.Do u work for them?You r suppose to com to this world as detergent
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

do u woork for DSTV ?

No o!!

Nigerians just like awoof too much..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by BlackOyinbo: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
I find it fascinating when Nigerians continue to rain abuses on these South African Companies. These guys are only taking advantage of our own inefficiencies.
We all have a choice to either pray that a disciplined Nigerian Company (please not like HiTV) comes into the market and introduce the Pay-as-you-go TV so we can switch OR we just shut the hell up and pay the bills. These guys are businessmen and not a charitable organisation. Besides Nigeria is also a Democracy not an authoritarian government where businesses will be forced to satisfy customers.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
iwanchop:
Who r u?Even DSTV did not say pay-as-u-go is not possible they only said they do nt have d platform yet.Do u work for them?You r suppose to com to this world as detergent

So you cant tell a political answer when you hear one?

You are so dumb that Your father should have c`um on the floor rather than fertilize your mother..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by sylve11: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
If Dstv try am, their own don finish. If them give cpc Ghana must go filled with money, then them go wave the matter. cool cool
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

No o!!

Nigerians just like awoof too much..

anyway, i dont think so. What we are requesting for are options. Let there be options for we consumers to choose from. Its good to know that DSTV acklowledge such exist and promises to look into it.

Responding, the delegation from Multichoice Nigeria Limited disclosed that the firm did not have the platforms to implement pay-as-you-go system of payment but promised to look into it.

The delegation explained further that Multichoice is an access-to-content selling company and could not determine what it could purchase or sell to the smallest unit which would allow a pay-as-you-go payment system to function.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by born2boink(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Pay-per-view TV is different from Pay-as-you-go TV. On Pay-per-view, you need an active cable subscription to watch those channels. Eg, WWE Monday night raw (wrestling) have certain nights that are strictly on pay-per-view.. However, Pay-as-you-go means that you only get charged when your DSTV is on.. Sort of like NEPA prepaid meter.. No light, your subscription remains.. Which means some people will use 1000 Naira 'DSTV CREDIT' for 2 years..

I dont support it.. It will destroy DSTV..
wetin concern bottle owner with sachet water palava, na your baba own dstv abi na u dey subscribe for the whole nigerian,I think say people like abacha don die finish for nigeria, don't know they still exist, even if you get money to burn, na for your papa house bi dat, if dem tell rich man make him no fall inside pit, na because dem like ham ni, because no one follow spend his money,if you have enough money to throway, go heaven go save ham there so if you die,you go fit continue spending for heaven

2 Likes

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by lozanni(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Billyonaire: When I saw CPC; I was thinking that Buhari's Party has suggested something extra ordinarily positive instead of destruction, only to realize its Consumer Protection Council.

grin grin grin LWKMD. I thought so too. I was asking myself what DSTV had done to Buhari and CPC.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Ericsdm55(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=Imanuelle]If this can work, den its a welcome idea.

E no good to pay subscription for 1month when nepa go bring lite only 3days.

U pay to subscribe, u still use fuel to watch am. sad Why waste your breath over such crab? It's easier said than done.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by mahel: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Shut up your poverty stricten mouth there.. angry

Is DSTV a luxury?! Did your father ever see a video cassete player talkless of Cable TV in his youth?! angry Look at the r`etard talking about brains..

Since your Minimum wage earning Family cannot afford DSTV, I will suggest you go and peek through your neighbours window, or buy external antenna and start watching NTA.. #Anu Ofia
. U ARE A FOOL!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orijinal Owambe: How Orijin Pulled Off BBN Edition With Live Experience (PHOTOS) / Last Flight To Abuja (pics) / Marvel Drops Title And First Trailer For Avengers 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.