Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers (20771 Views)

MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Thread For DStv/GOtv Channel TELEMUNDO / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by rman: 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
@ Okija,
Thank you for trying to educate these folks.

Nigerians actually know how to run companies down all in the name of freebies.

The choice to purchase DSTV is strictly yours. If you feel you are not getting value for money, STOP SUBSCRIBING.

If we feel the business can be run better or profittably with '' pay as you go'' , rally round a company that can deliver such. SIMPLE!
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by lumeneng22: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
take dat: I am totally in support of CPC. This cheat called DSTV need to compensate their subscribers for loss of transmission signals.

@Mods, is this not worthy enough to grace the front page? Thousands of subscribers are short changed by DSTV. Nigerians need to join CPC In making these demands!
.Pls somebody should direct me to front page am lost.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by omowolewa: 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
'Pay as you go' if obtainable now will pay Nigerian but will not pay anymore when 24hrs power supply is attained. So it depends on whether we are optimistic about Power supplies or not.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by lumeneng22: 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Billyonaire: When I saw CPC; I was thinking that Buhari's Party has suggested something extra ordinarily positive instead of destruction, only to realize its Consumer Protection Council.
.You go kill pesnn with laugh o!
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Sleek05(f): 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2012
How come no1 noticed okija's post dat his family has shares in multichoice? Dat pretty explains his rantings. 2me, diaz no biggie. If its possible, why not? As long as its cheaper and gives more value 4ur money den its a welcome idea.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by dustydee: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
It is possible but may be more expensive. The rate per hour may be quite high plus they can decide to charge a monthly rentalof say N500. Multichoice actually stands to make more money. FSTv tried it and failed cos they did not have content.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by s3nn2x(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

If they make that mistake, some people go use 5000 Naira 'credit' in 1 year.. They will only put on their DSTV on match days or Big Brother eviction Sundays..

I dont support this rubbish.. DSTV is a luxury not a necessity.. If a man cant afford Cable TV, then he should watch NTA..
And what is wrong with watching DSTV whenever one feels like it. I hope u are not among those myopic people who think that Satellite TV is for the elite alone. It is not an issue of money, it is about value of money spent. C.P.C. Is right on this issue. I am very sure they have done their research, if not they would not have come out on public TV to say what they said.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by sledge001(m): 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=richesmine]

thurder fire ur mouth. Ode, opomu, son of a bloody thief. is person liKe u that would rather want everybody 2 be poor n only u rich, so that u can hold
them 2 ransom. This okija dude is either simple,stupid or slow. It because of pple like you that the masses are suffering. So self centered. You must be a broke axxxxsss to even think the way u do mscheewww[te]
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by alajor(m): 5:05am On Nov 21, 2012
I live in south africa and I must say there is nothing lyk pay as u go for multichoice. If u can't afford dstv make u just leave am, chikena.multichoice no force anybody to subscribe. As someone said, dstv na luxury no b necesity. No b multichoice make nepa no dey give us light. If u go buy a 4x4 make sure say u dey ready to maintain am,no b when sumtin spoil for am and u wan buy d parts to service am u go tel d sellers to reduce price bcus na naija roads make d car spoil.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Beextra(m): 5:29am On Nov 21, 2012
It is funny how Nigerians come out to condemn companies who ignored the odds and invested in the country at a time when our politicians were busy stashing funds abroad. Mtn,DSTV etc invested in the country when other investors avoided Nigeria like plague.

Obviously,they are not saints in their business operations but we need to remember the business environment in which they operate.The industrial sector is in comatose,the likes of Dunlop,textile mills are good examples.We should hold our government responsible for the bad operating environment,which has discouraged improved services and healthy competition within the Nigeria business climate.

These companies run on DIESEL,operate under hyper stressful commuting situation and Government parastatals who constantly demand bribe from them.like common,How on earth can they offer pay-as-you-go TV ?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Balkan(m): 6:30am On Nov 21, 2012
This is someones business. The best answer is to give more companies the oppotunity to operate a cable TV or satlite TV.

Good competition will solve the problem.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by ayobarmy(m): 6:47am On Nov 21, 2012
Hnnmmmm naija! Good people, grear nation!! To me, i do not think that this pay as u go thing is the best for us bcuz this people(multichoice) are business men, i believe even with the pay as u go, they will still find another means to make their profits. So i think wat cpc should do is to tell dstv to reduce their subcribtion fee to like premium(6k) compact+(4k) compac(3k) family(2k) while access 1k with this i feel evry1 will smile at last....... But our leaders should make the ground more condusive for them to operate for the good of naija people..... I sign out....... God bless naija
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by ayobase(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2012
Billyonaire: When I saw CPC; I was thinking that Buhari's Party has suggested something extra ordinarily positive instead of destruction, only to realize its Consumer Protection Council.

My thought also.
With this Im so sure my one month subscription will last 3-4months.
And this shouldn't bring in the use of data plans.
Just based on 24hrs a day as it has been!
I can complete a day in 4 days!
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by sundaybam(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2012
alajor: I live in south africa and I must say there is nothing lyk pay as u go for multichoice. If u can't afford dstv make u just leave am, chikena.multichoice no force anybody to subscribe. As someone said, dstv na luxury no b necesity. No b multichoice make nepa no dey give us light. If u go buy a 4x4 make sure say u dey ready to maintain am,no b when sumtin spoil for am and u wan buy d parts to service am u go tel d sellers to reduce price bcus na naija roads make d car spoil.

Light dey go for south africa.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 21, 2012
Okija_juju: WTF is this shiit about?! There is no place in the world where Cable Television is Pay-as-you-go..

If you cant afford Cable TV, stick to fhucking public TV... angry

Yeah but that doesn't mean it cant be done. At a time Pay-Per-View service was seen as impossible. Infact at a time Mobile Phone service was impossible.
I however agree that the call is too spontaneous on DSTV. As the plastform required for the "Pay-as-you-view" system the CPC seeks doesn't yet exist.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Msauza(m): 8:05am On Nov 21, 2012
Sammiejo:

Pay as you go TV has been working in South Africa for over 5 years.
. My friend, am based in SA. Let me tell you the truth, there is no such thing as PAY-AS-YOU-GO TV in SA, in fact, I have never heard about its existence anywhere in the world. Does it really exist? I just wonder what country has such thing as PAYG-TV and how does it operate? In SA, there are currently two PAY-TV satellite companies, ie, DSTv (Multichoice) and TOP-TV. The TOP-TV has recently introduced a new innovation, where you do not necessarily have to pay your premiums every month. You can simply buy prepaid airtime to watch your TV for a month or two, depending on how long you want after which your prepaid will expire at its due date. It doesn't matter how much you watch your TV, what matters is the duration, let's say from 15th November-15th December.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Kunlegzy(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2012
[quote author=Okija_juju]

[b]Pay-per-view TV is different from Pay-as-you-go TV. On Pay-per-view, you need an active cable subscription to watch those channels. Eg, WWE Monday night raw (wrestling) have certain nights that are strictly on pay-per-view.. However, Pay-as-you-go means that you only get charged when your DSTV is on.. Sort of like NEPA prepaid meter.. No light, your subscription remains.. Which means some people will use 1000 Naira 'DSTV CREDIT
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by onwedee(m): 9:06am On Nov 21, 2012
Am in full support of the CPC.... smiley
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by shawntomascrown: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2012
Okija_juju:

Shut up your poverty stricten mouth there.. angry

Is DSTV a luxury?! Did your father ever see a video cassete player talkless of Cable TV in his youth?! angry Look at the r`etard talking about brains..

Since your Minimum wage earning Family cannot afford DSTV, I will suggest you go and peek through your neighbours window, or buy external antenna and start watching NTA.. #Anu Ofia
El-stupido, so na dstv b luxury 4 ur village abi?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by MadCow1: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2012
Cable TV is not for the poor.. #Fact!!

If you doubt me, go and find out how much it costs to install cable in the US.. Then go into the hood and find out how people steal cable TV..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by dulphines: 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
In my own opinion, if it is not possible to implement the pay as you go, then lets pay for the channels we want to watch. Pick 10, more or less favourite channels and pay for them for the month.
This is how the service should be rendered. CPC should direct them accordingly.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by jpphilips(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
kaysy:

Am begining to suspect ur guests... are they male or female guests

DSTV is for kids, cant believe adults watch those stuffs, over censored BS, no single adult content not even Ghanaian s@x scenes are shown!!! damn

the day you will see the DVD of the movies you subscribed 10k to watch with your Decoder, you will surely throw it away. Now beside EPL though
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by BashToks: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
Okija_juju: WTF is this shiit about?! There is no place in the world where Cable Television is Pay-as-you-go..

If you cant afford Cable TV, stick to fhucking public TV... angry
BULLSHIT!!! ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!!!
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by 2kurupt(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Okija_juju:

If they make that mistake, some people go use 5000 Naira 'credit' in 1 year.. They will only put on their DSTV on match days or Big Brother eviction Sundays..

I dont support this rubbish.. DSTV is a luxury not a necessity.. If a man cant afford Cable TV, then he should watch NTA..

for your mind o!! So simply because one can afford DSTV you think your automatically super rich?

For your info pay-per-view on Satellite tv ain't exactly a new or impossible thing to implement, in other countries you can decide to watch only selected premium (box office movies, live sports events) and be charged specifically for that which your seeing rather than pay a premium & don't utilize the service.
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by victme1(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2012
Imanuelle: If this can work, den its a welcome idea.

E no good to pay subscription for 1month when nepa go bring lite only 3days.

U pay to subscribe, u still use fuel to watch am. sad

2kurupt:

for your mind o!! So simply because one can afford DSTV you think your automatically super rich?

For your info pay-per-view on Satellite tv ain't exactly a new or impossible thing to implement, in other countries you can decide to watch only selected premium (box office movies, live sports events) and be charged specifically for that which your seeing rather than pay a premium & don't utilize the service.
u must come from a very poor family or from a family that got their wealth illegally. what is luxury about owning dstv? the fact is that, these south africans are blood suckers. they are exploiting Nigerians. all earnings they make the take back to their country. thy should do per viewing billing
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

This really isnt a bad idea.. As long as its not the 'If NEPA takes light, my DSTV subscription stops reading deal..

Bros, were u banned or just busy?
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Imanuelle:

Bros, were u banned or just busy?

Banned for 'Yoruba' related comments..
Re: CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers by Okijajuju1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
2kurupt:

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the infomation age.. Prove it.. Prove to us that Pay-as-you-go cable exists anywhere in the world and I will personally pay 3 months DSTV subscription for you.. (Full bouquet) wether PVR or extended view.

P.S: I never said I was super rich, but if DSTV were cheap, even roadside beggers would all have drifters..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orijinal Owambe: How Orijin Pulled Off BBN Edition With Live Experience (PHOTOS) / Marvel Drops Title And First Trailer For Avengers 4 / Last Flight To Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.