Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

“ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp (4748 Views)

Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / PHOTO: President Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

“ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by sammietos(m): 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2012
Peoples’ Democratic Party in Ekiti state has stated that the state government is broke due to reckless spending of Governor Kayode Fayemi.

Chairman of the party in the state, Mr. Makanjuola Ogundipe, in a statement through his Special Assistant on Media, Femi Omolusi, said that this is the reason the state could not pay the new minimum wage to Local Government workers.

For the past three months, according to Ogundipe, there has been no running grant for ministries and parastatals in the state, with even the imprest for senior directors had been stopped. This according to him has made workers now to use their personal money to run their offices, while stationeries have become a thing of the past in ministries.

Another sign of Fayemi’s financial recklessness, he added is the government’s inability to pay 2012 leave bonus to a large percentage of Ekiti Workers, with many projects abandoned due to the broke state of the government.

The Party chairman revealed that information at their disposal from the office of the state’s finance commissioner says that that the state’s treasury has run dry of finances to pay any request either from ministries, parasatals or contractors. It has gotten so bad that the state is in a big mess of paying for newspapers supplied by vendors.

He further revealed that even in the midst of all the mess, Fayemi has secretly gone to get Loan of 250 million naira to cater for his wife’s journey to South Africa and European countries on the 26th November, 2012.

Fayemi’s administration, the PDP chairmen said has not paid salaries promised Local Government workers in the state, even after promising to do same if they called off their two months strike.

Ogundipe also brought to view the state administration’s plan to sack 8,000 Local Government workers due to insufficient fund, and has determined to make 300 workers remain in their posts in each LG secretariat while others will be moved to the local government farm.

The opposition party boss stated that before Fayemi’s emergence as governor, Ekiti workers earned the best salary in the South West but in the last 24 months, it has not been so. Fayemi according to him has short changed the workers with the so called N18,000 minimum wage paid them, and up till now some workers are not getting their normal salary because the e-payment system used is to defraud the workers.
http://tosinoluwalowo..com/2012/11/ekiti-broke-due-to-fayemis.html
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by seanet01: 12:28am On Nov 21, 2012
sammietos: Peoples’ Democratic Party in Ekiti state has stated that the state government is broke due to reckless spending of Governor Kayode Fayemi.

Chairman of the party in the state, Mr. Makanjuola Ogundipe, in a statement through his Special Assistant on Media, Femi Omolusi, said that this is the reason the state could not pay the new minimum wage to Local Government workers.

For the past three months, according to Ogundipe, there has been no running grant for ministries and parastatals in the state, with even the imprest for senior directors had been stopped. This according to him has made workers now to use their personal money to run their offices, while stationeries have become a thing of the past in ministries.

Another sign of Fayemi’s financial recklessness, he added is the government’s inability to pay 2012 leave bonus to a large percentage of Ekiti Workers, with many projects abandoned due to the broke state of the government.

The Party chairman revealed that information at their disposal from the office of the state’s finance commissioner says that that the state’s treasury has run dry of finances to pay any request either from ministries, parasatals or contractors. It has gotten so bad that the state is in a big mess of paying for newspapers supplied by vendors.

He further revealed that even in the midst of all the mess, Fayemi has secretly gone to get Loan of 250 million naira to cater for his wife’s journey to South Africa and European countries on the 26th November, 2012.

Fayemi’s administration, the PDP chairmen said has not paid salaries promised Local Government workers in the state, even after promising to do same if they called off their two months strike.

Ogundipe also brought to view the state administration’s plan to sack 8,000 Local Government workers due to insufficient fund, and has determined to make 300 workers remain in their posts in each LG secretariat while others will be moved to the local government farm.

The opposition party boss stated that before Fayemi’s emergence as governor, Ekiti workers earned the best salary in the South West but in the last 24 months, it has not been so. Fayemi according to him has short changed the workers with the so called N18,000 minimum wage paid them, and up till now some workers are not getting their normal salary because the e-payment system used is to defraud the workers.
Rattling of an ant.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by ijigbamigb(m): 6:56am On Nov 21, 2012
E fi awon were si le.
That state used to be NO 35 on the revenue allocation table, yet it has more teachers than many states of the federation. Fayemi is doing great things there. The entire state currently is being turned into a construction site with works going on in all it sectors.

Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by mascot87(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2012
I still think most of our politicians are mad
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by boladez(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2012
............ok fine, similarly the Country is Broke due to PDPOs recklessness.....kpakam.

The difference is that while Ekiti state has a lot to show for it , FGN does not.

PDP we hear you o

Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Super1759: 7:28am On Nov 21, 2012
most of the states are broke. Abia state is bankrupt now, not a new anymore
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 21, 2012
ijigbamigb: E fi awon were si le.
That state used to be NO 35 on the revenue allocation table, yet it has more teachers than many states of the federation. Fayemi is doing great things there. The entire state currently is being turned into a construction site with works going on in all it sectors.
thank you jor, ekiti can boast of new facilities delta state dare not mention. Take note that the monthly earning of delta state is almost 2yrs of ekiti earnings.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by TonySpike: 7:45am On Nov 21, 2012
sammietos: Peoples’ Democratic Party in Ekiti state has stated that the state government is broke due to reckless spending of Governor Kayode Fayemi.

Is this a joke or what? It doesn't sound so real to me...
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by salolo(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2012
the man is working pdp should stop Crying
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2012
This is the case of the bigger thieves calling the smaller thieves thief BTW all of them na thieves
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Exmay(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2012
PDP has a point this time around... You wanting to create new roads does not mean you have to halt all other sectors of your government. That will be a case of robbing all the apostles(not just peter alone) to pay paul.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by kingingkinging: 8:29am On Nov 21, 2012
Not the Ekiti I am proud of. Haters go and die.

Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by tern: 8:36am On Nov 21, 2012
kingingkinging: Not the Ekiti I am proud of. Haters go and die.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by phemybof(m): 8:37am On Nov 21, 2012
blink182: thank you jor, ekiti can boast of new facilities delta state dare not mention. Take note that the monthly earning of delta state is almost 2yrs of ekiti earnings.
.pdp of problm,dats how dey critizise aregbesola of osun state,the state dat is payin d salary at 20,22,25 of evry month.acn dnt mind FDF party,dey av rulin dia since,we dnt se any spcia change bt coruptin
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by eikeem(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2012
PDP accuses another party of recklessness shocked
Congratulations Nigerians! We have successfully 'created' the 8th Wonder of the World!
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by gregg2: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2012
Ekiti is in deeeeep shiiiiiiitttt
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Temi99(m): 9:16am On Nov 21, 2012
Pdp you are thief,stop ur noise Gov fayemi is on point.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by badesco(m): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2012
It is expected, because most of Governors taught administration is all about papers or mouth ideas.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by shyna501: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2012
​i only dislike Fayemi because of d state of EKSU.. D state university has been in deep sh*t right frm his day1 in office!.. Increase in skulfees,closure of skul evry nw Ä♌ð den, one Ä♌ð half year per semester,,, Ä♌ð so on!
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by ijigbamigb(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Exmay: PDP has a point this time around... You wanting to create new roads does not mean you have to halt all other sectors of your government. That will be a case of robbing all the apostles(not just peter alone) to pay paul.
Sir, have you been to Ekit State before?
A dual carriage road that took 3 years of Fayose's admin, 3 and half years of Oni's administration is almost completed by this man. (Ado-Ifaki Road). Aside the roads in Ado-Ekiti, other roads use to be in a state of despair. He has spent 2 years in office and has completed 100km.
Look at his ORASE programme, he has inaugurated the renovation of 100 schools, and another 100 will start in the next academic break.
He met the state IGR at 300million naira monthly and has increased it to a billion naira monthly with a target of 3 billion naira monthly by 2014.
Look at his social welfare programmes with all registered elders from the age of 65 upwards being paid 5000 monthly as most of them can no longer farm and his free health care policy for them as well.
Ekiti State University use to gulp 700 million naira monthly out of the around 3billion naira monthly earnings and in other to develop the university there's the need to increase the tuition.

I just don't know how Nigerians expect cheap tertiary education to provide quality research and learning.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by solomon111(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2012
blink182: thank you jor, ekiti can boast of new facilities delta state dare not mention. Take note that the monthly earning of delta state is almost 2yrs of ekiti earnings.
How dare you compare delta state with ekiti?
Even with poor governance,delta state is light years ahead of ekiti in all facets of human development.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by GARRIx7(m): 11:04am On Nov 21, 2012
What am I supposed to say

Sent from my Onward Notebook

Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by miqos02(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2012
sammietos:

@ bolded, i hope those are not ghost workers
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Justicemy: 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
poor state, bad party, mtcheew
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by banki(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
look who is talking? pdp ekiti state of all people
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by puffpuff: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
ijigbamigb:
Sir, have you been to Ekit State before?
A dual carriage road that took 3 years of Fayose's admin, 3 and half years of Oni's administration is almost completed by this man. (Ado-Ifaki Road). Aside the roads in Ado-Ekiti, other roads use to be in a state of despair. He has spent 2 years in office and has completed 100km.
Look at his ORASE programme, he has inaugurated the renovation of 100 schools, and another 100 will start in the next academic break.
He met the state IGR at 300million naira monthly and has increased it to a billion naira monthly with a target of 3 billion naira monthly by 2014.
Look at his social welfare programmes with all registered elders from the age of 65 upwards being paid 5000 monthly as most of them can no longer farm and his free health care policy for them as well.
Ekiti State University use to gulp 700 million naira monthly out of the around 3billion naira monthly earnings and in other to develop the university there's the need to increase the tuition.
I just don't know how Nigerians expect cheap tertiary education to provide quality research and learning.

Yet cost of education in ondo state universities are cheap to the extent that it is almost a quarter of what is obtain in ekiti university. Yet,IMO state is talking of FREE tertiary education. Affordable and quality tertiary education is possible,only if d govt is committed to it.
I went 2d state hospital last month,i paid for my treatment.The dearth of medical professionals is on d increase in Ekiti state.
It is over 2years now that d govt has been rehabilitating Ajilosun -Adebayo road. A road that took Fayose less than 3years to design,construct and finish as a dual carriage. Yet it took Fayemi more than 2years to rehabilitate d same road. Funny enough,the governor has gone on air to commission this road!Moreso,mr governor promised to deliver Ado-Ifaki road by DECEMBER,2010,yet d road is still under construction. The made d promise on its first inspection on the road.
To the best of my knowledge,The state civil service commission is grounded financially due to non release of runny grant to it. This is so bad to the extent that it couldn't afford 12 sheets of typing papers to type my retiring dad's clearance letter. The man has to personally buy a bundle of typing sheet for the commission on monday.
In as much as i won't subscribe to PDP's charcoal calling AC's pot black,facts must not be distorted. Truth must be exposed
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Geomac: 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
puffpuff:

Yet cost of education in ondo state universities are cheap to the extent that it is almost a quarter of what is obtain in ekiti university. Yet,IMO state is talking of FREE tertiary education. Affordable and quality tertiary education is possible,only if d govt is committed to it.
I went 2d state hospital last month,i paid for my treatment.The dearth of medical professionals is on d increase in Ekiti state.
It is over 2years now that d govt has been rehabilitating Ajilosun -Adebayo road. A road that took Fayose less than 3years to design,construct and finish as a dual carriage. Yet it took Fayemi more than 2years to rehabilitate d same road. Funny enough,the governor has gone on air to commission this road!Moreso,mr governor promised to deliver Ado-Ifaki road by DECEMBER,2010,yet d road is still under construction. The made d promise on its first inspection on the road.
To the best of my knowledge,The state civil service commission is grounded financially due to non release of runny grant to it. This is so bad to the extent that it couldn't afford 12 sheets of typing papers to type my retiring dad's clearance letter. The man has to personally buy a bundle of typing sheet for the commission on monday.
In as much as i won't subscribe to PDP's charcoal calling AC's pot black,facts must not be distorted. Truth must be exposed

Fayemi became Ekiti governor in October, 2010, how could he have delivered Ado - Ifaki road by December, 2010? I think something is not right here. It seems you are lying or is it typo error?
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Lasinoh: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
Geomac:

Fayemi became Ekiti governor in October, 2010, how could he have delivered Ado - Ifaki road by December, 2010? I think something is not right here. It seems you are lying or is it typo error?

Gbam!
Someone finally figures it out!
*claps*
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by puffpuff: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Geomac:

December 2010? Yes. U heard me right. He made the promise of delivering d road by DECEMBER 2010 two weeks after he was sworn in. Infact,he made the statement in front of the state's school of nursing(Ori Apata).I was there as a spectator. It was also aired. My claim is subject to verification. Media in the state can be consulted
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by Richard2010(m): 12:30am On Nov 22, 2012
puffpuff:

December 2010? Yes. U heard me right. He made the promise of delivering d road by DECEMBER 2010 two weeks after he was sworn in. Infact,he made the statement in front of the state's school of nursing(Ori Apata).I was there as a spectator. It was also aired. My claim is subject to verification. Media in the state can be consulted
. Wots ur source sir?
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by puffpuff: 5:58am On Nov 22, 2012
Richard2010: . Wots ur source sir?

kindly read my last post carefully.
Re: “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp by k2039: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2012
puffpuff:

Your post made zero sense,he only finished what Oni started,infact if Oni had been in office till december he would have commissioned it himself.

Somepeople just think with their head under their feet.

Messy Story Of Felix Idiga: The Billionaire Behind The $9.3M Scandal / Picture Of Pastor, Muslim Youths Protecting Church On Xmas Day / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57