Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos (7430 Views)

The Miseducation Of The Head Office Of The CAC Aginingbi Ikeja / Which Areas Are The Best For Young Graduates To Do Masters In Nigeria? / Amcon's Head Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2012
It's only in Nigeria that all the major headquarters are in Lagos. It's unlike the US where the headquarters of Fortune 500 companies are spread in different cities in the US. You have Microsoft in Seattle, Washington and Cocacola and CNN in Atlanta. If America was Nigeria, everything would have been in New York.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by stpat1(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2012
It depends of the nature and aim of the venture.

Business/ Commercial : Lagos
Political: Abuja
NGO: any where, depending on the targets. Eg polio: North, youth empowerment: Niger delta, etc
Oil and Gas: Rivers
Fruits agriculture: Edo
Etc

So you see why I said it depends on the nature and aim?

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 21, 2012
Kano! close to Boko Harm proximity
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by dan55: 10:28am On Nov 21, 2012
Aba
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Kesmakveli(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2012
Garden city Rocks! Ikwerre meka Oo.•°°•.oo. !!!
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by kingingkinging: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2012
Born 2be Rich: Cross river state(Calabar to be precise)....Why? the place fine no be small and they are well organized

Na u go patronize yourself.

No doubt about it, Lagos is the base for business, entertainment,development and growth in Nigeria.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by aglomar: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2012
Depends on strategic reasons. Anywhere near enough to execute ur plans n offer quick n reliable customer support. Mikano Hq is not in VI but in Ogba, a lowbrow area of Lagos. I offer biz advisory n biz dev consultancy services to who ever is interested.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by sundaybam(m): 10:49am On Nov 21, 2012
Most head office is located in lagos. I prefer lagos 2 other state.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by israel007: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2012
victorD3: Uyo!

Wonderful road network,clean environment, awesome people, mouth watering males, perfect nightlife, strong Economy, beautify women, and cheerful governor.

victorD3 please email me your details. i am looking at doing b usiness over there.

vellyy2k@yahoo.com
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Menendez: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2012
ALUU....
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by chinedum13(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2012
Freiburger: It depends on the nature of the business.
@freiburger, like pick pocket,oleole,commercial sex work,etc grin grin grin
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Revolva(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2012
I think Makoko slums in lagos
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by mrperfect(m): 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
It all depend on the type of business.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by pyyxxaro: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
OBUDU CATTLE RANCH grin, close to IKPOBA HILL shocked by lekki phase 4 tongue
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by hardbody: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
The question is tailor made and the answer should be tailor driven. Various businesses will ordinarily require head offices based on the nature of what they do. In your primary case, being an IT firm, you need only to be online anywhere and your clients should be able to do business with you except you are relating with cavemen. Head offices are no longer in vogue, you do your business wherever you find yourself especially if what you sell is 'service'.

Of course for the sake of documentation, you may designate any address as the head office of your virtual business.

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by DEastman: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Owerri Imo state
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by lawizle(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
You mean office dey give head?
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by ayojango(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow: Abuja - Corporate Headquarters.. Reason: Proximity to the heads of government parastatals

Lagos - Operations Headquarters - Proximity to the Markets, Seaport and International Airport..

And more intellectuals
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by ashdre: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
Honestly,it should be lagos,cos is the capital of economy while Abuja is capital of power.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by ghettodreamz(m): 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
Emmyk: Ilorin, Kwara State

Lolz... Wetin de for Ilorin wey you mention? BTW, what kinda biz do you have, if I may ask?
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by ghettodreamz(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Imanuelle: Abuja's cool.
Most head offices have moved.

Sent from my iPhone 5

We don see say na iPhone 5 you de use? Very ludicrous grin grin grin #MeNoChopAm#
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by DonEwexco(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
I prefer Anambra (mostly Awka,Onitsha or Agulu) because of the presence of Sea porth, it's population, security and beauty......A trial will convince you
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by ghettodreamz(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
Choice of a location for a head office is contingent on several factors, among which are;

1. Type/nature of your business?
2. Who are your target market?
3. Where/Which location has the highest base of people who might be interested in your products/services?

The above go along with one another as criteria in choosing location for a business's head office. For a Webhosting business/company, of course, you need both an online and offline presence for your type of business or any IT firms/ventures, just like every other businesses. If experiencing an exponential growth as well as profitability means a whole heap more to your business, then consider moving to Lagos.

Undoubtedly, Lagos is the powerhouse of commerce in Nigeria, while having an office in Abuja would only be to build some credibility and be able to rub shoulders with other players in your type of business, besides that would give you some reputes and edge over some other competitors.

In addition, having an office in Abuja may also help in expanding your type of business if the opportunity is well utilized and leveraged on, in the presence of rightful connections,if you understand where I'm driving at.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by estyvino(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
Enugu certainly is the place for you: good traffic, security, 5*...+ hotels, constant power among others.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by leonshom(m): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lagos, where else do u expect ur head office 2b situated if not lagos !
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by DonTim1: 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
Born 2be Rich: Cross river state(Calabar to be precise)....Why? the place fine no be small and they are well organized

Calabar ? Hw many head ofis do u knw thr? I have a biz I started thr,still had to use Lagos has HQ, wu comes to cally except for pleasure or force?
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by blueghost(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
therefore sine is iphonw we should start dancing abi

Sent from my iPhone 5
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by tpia1: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
deji-oke:
@tpia1, why Lagos ?

location and population.

ibadan is also good, since its not that far.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
UMUAHIA should be because its people are the only group that can accomodate company's without struggling for right as long as the government permits.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by SisiKill1: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Why does a Web Hosting Company and website Developer need a head office?!!

In the day and age where most companies are cutting their overhead costs thanks to the internet, you are looking for head office?!

Take the money you wanna spend on head office and invest it an Efficient Help Center where your customers are assured timely response to their questions and problems.

All this head office, corporate office, operating office is just soooooo 70s!!
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by KINGwax(m): 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2012

Sent from my iPhone 5
this one na new craze abi?
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by beentarh(f): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Geri Alimi is d best because of Alubarika

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICAN Has Rejected Me Again / 6 Dominant Workplace Trends You Are Likely To Witness In 2017 / Great Opportunity For An Accountants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.