Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,107 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:13 AM

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked (28560 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Chelseafc Sacks Manager Roberto Di Matteo / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Kx: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
ujchief: When will they sack players like Torres, Terry, Ashley cole, Lampard?? We all knew matteo's feat on last season's Ucl was a fluke, but only a myopic board and owner will fail to see that some players at chelski are performing below expectation.

I saw it coming;
http://UCL Juventus Vs Chelsea 9:33pm On Nov 20,2012
"
Kx: If chelsea losses tonite, Falcao won't come and d following would be cleared out;
Di mateo
Torres
Lampard
Ashley cole
Sturidge
"

One down, 4 players to follow.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Akposkool(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
afam4eva: @Topic
That's what you get when you have a business man controlling a club. Chelsea has appointed some of the best coaches in the world which includes Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti and Guis Hiddink and they were all sacked. I wonder what sort of coach they're looking for. They need to get an Akpu coach that will understand their Akpu players.
chelsea didnt sack guus hiddink u fowl brain.get ur facts right.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Iaz93: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
*speechless*
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Kx: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
On a day like this, Arsenal fans would be wishing there was a certain Abrahamovic to rescue Arsenal from AW's close to ten year trophy-less heartbreak.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
yemstok:

point of correction miss "I knew torres would cost him his job"

lool kk, thanx wink
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by BabaO2: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
To be convinced Guordiola is good, he must make use of this exact tools available for RDM, and lets see what he's going to achieve. I pity Victor Moses, hope he has not made a wrong decision now.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Eddy2010(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
Plz i profer this recommendation: A committee should be set up to investigate the actual remote and imediate causes of coach-sacking in CFC. Then another committee be set up to review the report of the 1st committee. Finaly a five-man committee set up to come up with a blueprint on the way forward for CFC. They can consult GEJ on the methodology of committees creation. Thank You!

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by sylve11: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
chidyke77: Guardiola is nt interested in chelsea job so luks elsewhere,may b benitezhttp://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4078/exclusives/2012/11/21/3544691/guardiola-would-reject-chelsea-approach grin
grin grin grin cool
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by AjanleKoko: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kx: On a day like this, Arsenal fans would be wishing there was a certain Abrahamovic to rescue Arsenal from AW's close to ten year trophy-less heartbreak.

Not Abramovic per se.
Chelsea's trophies were all won, directly or indirectly, by Jose Mourinho. He built the Chelsea team that continued to win, even after he was sacked.
Or how else do you explain the fact that players bought after he left have failed to click for Chelsea, or deliver anything? They always defaulted to Drogba or Lampard. Even Terry.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Uchwilliam(m): 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
y ar dey even sacking their coaches instead of some players like torres,lampard...infact these chelsea are too crazy 2 realise thier major problems.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by hotwax: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
To all you people crying. RDM was never the first choice b4. He was an assistance coach. they pIcked him as care taker with the hope that gaudiola comes. But pressure was on chelsea to confirm RDM. That's why chelsea signed him. Don't blame abrahamovic if you do not understand the root of the matter.

RDM has gotten A̶̲̥̅​ good portfolio "champion leag" and he should thank God for that. This will help him in his future employment quest. Clubs will approach him like A̶̲̥̅​ big coach which he wasn't until he became chelsea interim coach.
Let's not forget he was sacked by west brom.

Why are you haters crying?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by snowprince01(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
I wonder the coach bold enough to work with chelsea...they all leave disgracefully...
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ujchief(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
The best option for chelski now is Rafael Benitez. Maybe he can resurect Torres just like Hiddink did for Malouda when Scolari almost killed his carear.
I prefer benitez to pep, benitez has been tested and trusted (uefa cup with Espanol, champions league with liverpool, 2 fa cups, 2 league cups all in Liverpool). Forget Pep, even my grandma can coach barca and win trophies with them, as evident in the performance of their inexperienced coach now.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by oche419: 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
omowolewa: Lesson: quit the stage when ovation is loudest.
Gbam! Like Drogba's exit.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ebonyjk7(m): 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
What is chelsea turning into, tell me that coach that will come and perform more than what RDM did for chelsea, there is a time for everything, afterall Man U lost yestaday and nobody heard anything rather it was an applause for the young lads. May God help chelsea because the problem is the players and not the coach
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by crisycent: 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
His luck finally ran out.....
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by lakeside4love(m): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
Funny..

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ollyndjeda(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
ujchief: The best option for chelski now is Rafael Benitez. Maybe he can resurect Torres just like Hiddink did for Malouda when Scolari almost killed his carear.
I prefer benitez to pep, benitez has been tested and trusted (uefa cup with Espanol, champions league with liverpool, 2 fa cups, 2 league cups all in Liverpool). Forget Pep, even my grandma can coach barca and win trophies with them, as evident in the performance of their inexperienced coach now.
u guys are missing d point. Barcelona mode of football is like a way of life. When rijkaard was at barca the plethora of stars he had was staggerin. Remember d fantastic 4 of messi, eto, ronaldinho, henry. Nt to mention deco zambrotta nd marquez. But he lost a handful of matches and was doing badly. My point? Frank was sacked even though the la masia had been on for years And the players tiki taka was already a part of dem. Conclusion ur grandmother wnt last a month coachin barca.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ifilinwa: If Roman Abramovich was the owner of Arsenal, Wenger shud by now be a cook in some Paris restaurant with 7 years experience

And most importantly, Arsenal would have SURELY won a couple of major trophies within that period. Without any doubt.

It is always convenient for short-sighted busybodies to waffle on about Roman's penchant for sacking managers - without mentioning the three EPL titles, one UCL trophy, and several FA cup and Carling cup titles that Chelsea have achieved as a direct result of Roman's impatience! The question therefore arises: If he had retained Claudio Ranieri as manager when he bought the club in 2003 (as the Chelsea fans then wanted) would Chelsea have won more trophies than it did in the last decade with Ranieri?

Other than Barca, Milan, and Man U, NO other club in the three biggest leagues in Europe has been as successful as Chelsea in the last decade. That says a lot about Roman's "impatience", doesn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
oche419:
Gbam! Like Drogba's exit.

Drogba na smart pikin grin
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by dimcee(f): 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
yuzedo: No wonder Roman has been flashing me.... I won't pick his call jare, i refuse to accept his offer to be new Chelsea coach! grin cool
laugh wan kill mi here U̶̲̥̅̊ wey U̶̲̥̅̊ neva see gari chop
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Omero(m): 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
afam4eva:
That's because Arsenal's ideology is the one he created. Sacking Wenger is like destroying Arsenal's ideology.
dose sacking frank rikaard or pep guordiola leavin barca destroys barcelona's ideology. Out of point.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by KayDee4: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mark Hughes will be just fine for Chelski.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Kx: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Omero: dose sacking frank rikaard or pep gad leavin barca destroys barcelona ideology. Out of point.

Good question.
Weird ideology that okays huge pay and wage increase for Wenger while the players wages cannot go beyond a set ceiling?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by nosagold(m): 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
lakeside4love: If the english premier league would've been a classroom, then ARSENAL-is a boy who works hard throughout the yr but fails to succeed because of his greedy rich family that is not ready to spend on buying books.MAN CITY-is a boy who purchases all the expensive books but is never ready to read them. LIVERPOOL-is a child who is very much proud of the academic achievements of his grandfather! MAN UTD-is a boy who never looks serious at the begining of the term but just performs in the final exams and tops the class. Finally, CHELSEA- is a boy who fails to perform and puts the blame of failure on his teacher and then his family finds a new teacher for him every year!

Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha dude I'm loving this yur post die, I'm saving it o, very nice write up...thumbs up
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ebonyjk7(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
Please can somebody tell me what are the chances for chelsea to qualify for the knockout stage of UCL?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by LesbianBoy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abeg make person helep me answer this kweshion. why MIKEL NO DEY SCORE FOR CHELSEA SEF Ramires plays defensive midfield like mikel yet he scores, so i wonder why mikel doesnt! I just hope the new coach coming in wont 'bench' him and victor moses o!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by tribalism(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: This is arrant nonsense.
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler and a big hediot, not to talk of how ungrateful he is,
he better not bring Benitez
Inshort I think its time I give a 2nd thought to decamping.
Don't they even know these type of things affect the players and their performance in a negative light?
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?
I am 99% sure you are not a chelsea fan. Still blues!

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by LesbianBoy(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kay-Dee:
Mark Hughes will be just fine for Chelski.
O ti o......person wey no fit help QPR win one game na him you want make shesea employ

**Gives kay-dee serious knock on his head for his comment**
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
I actually saw it coming! Chelsea lacks the experience to play a "strikerless" game.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
executinal: though i blame RDM for yesterdays game, how can you use 4 defenders and five midfielder and no attacker very laughable grin ;.

He wanted to use Spanish national team style grin
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Vincent41(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
airmark: Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with Manager Roberto Di Matteo.

The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season.

The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts.

The owner and the Board would like to thank Roberto for all he has done for the club since taking over in March. Roberto helped guide us to an historic Champions League victory and a seventh FA Cup. We will never forget the huge contribution he has made to this club's history and he will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge.

The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first team manager.

Source : http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2986865/title/statement-on-roberto-di-matteo

Just Gat A call to Take over Chelsea Football Club after de sack of Di Matteo...
=======>BELOW IS MY OWN ARRENGEMENT

==FIRST AND FORMOST NA TO SEND TORRES LOAN TO EYIMBA FOOTBALL CLUB ABA IN NIGERIA
==SECONDLY IS MAKE MIKEL CAMERA MAN FOR CHELSEA
==THIRDLY IS TO MAKE MATA DE GOAL KEPPER AND CHEC MIDFILDER COS OF HIS HEIGHT
==FOURTHLY IS TO SIGN BALOTELI IN CASE OF ANY FIGHT,HIM GO FIGHT FOR US.....I WILL BE PAYING FOR HIS RED CARD IN DE FUTURE
==>FIFTHLY IS TO START SECREAT AFFAIR WITH ABRAMOVICH WIFE SO DAT,DE WOMAN WILL NEVER TELL DE HUSBAD TO SACK ME......DIS WILL MAKE ME DE LONGEST MANAGER IN DE HISTROY OF CHELSEA
==LAST BUT NOT DE LEAST IS TO MAKE FALCAO OUR SPORTS DIRCTOR,JUVENTUS OUR TEACHESRS,WEST BROM OUR ROLL MODEL,MAN U OUR MENTOR........FROM DE TABLE OF AB-NSUGBE

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Skye Bank's Managing Director's Wife Picking Her Nose / Everton Vs Chelsea - (1 - 0) On 12th December 2020 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.