Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 (944 Views)

Rate & Review Your Governor / Mid-Year Assessment: Rate Your Governor And The FG / What Is Your Governor Known For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by bilms(m): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ask your Governor: How They Shared N713bn in October 2012

Posted by Elombah Perspective (cause founder)

Tell your friends about this

1. Ask your Governor: How They Share N658bn as Statutory Revenue and VAT Revenue in October 2012

A total sum of N658billion being the statutory and VAT allocations was shared to all tiers of government at the meeting of the monthly Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) in October, 2012. From the total disbursement of nets after deductions, the highest recipients are from the oil producing states with Akwa Ibom N17.6bn, Rivers receiving N14.4bn, Delta N14.4bn and Bayelsa N9.8bn. The highest recipients from non-oil –producing states are Lagos N13.8bn and Kano N10.6bn.
The lowest recipients are Gombe N4bn, Nasarawa N4bn, Ebonyi N3.7bn and Ekiti N6.3bn. The Economic Confidential also confirm other disbursements in October, 2012: Federal N198.5bn, FCT Councils N4.2bn, Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) N2.7bn, and Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) N4.2bn.
2. Excess Crude Account: How They Share N35.54bn in October 2012
The Economic Confidential magazinE gave a detailed table of the distribution of N35, 549,235,691.43 from Excess Crude Saving Account being Sure-P for October, 2012 (September, 2012 Account)
3. NNPC Refund: How They Share N7.6bn in October 2012
The Economic Confidential also provided the table of distribution of N7,617,431,250.00 to States & Local Government Councils in October, 2012 being 14th refund made by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
4. Budget Differential: How They Share N13bn in October 2012
The Economic Confidential provides the table of the distribution of N13,007,902,267.90 to States and Local Government Councils in Nigeria from excess oil revenue account being difference between budget & actual in October, 2012.
5. Rivers Loses 117 oil wells and N17bn
Rivers State government has raised the alarm over the loss of 117 oil wells and accused the Federal Government of paying N17bn Rivers money to Bayelsa. The money was expected to remain in a special account until the land/oil well dispute between the two states was resolved.
SOURCE: Economic Confidential
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by slimming: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
If you luck to see them niyen ke.
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by bilms(m): 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
?
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by jamace(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
See the way they are sharing billions of naira as if they are sharing cabin biscuits, yet no development. Surely, Nigerian leaders are cursed. sad angry sad
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by bilms(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
hum
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
jamace: See the way they are sharing billions of naira as if they are sharing cabin biscuits, yet no development. Surely, Nigerian leaders are cursed. sad angry sad

^^^Really it's annoying angry.

With the exception of Akwa Ibom, i don't know what the rest are doing with all that money .

The case of Imo is just starting to worry me; besides a few graded roads (i'm sure done by 'local' contractors like we see in Abia sad) and all the imirikiti welfarist policy initiatives Rochas keeps churning out, not much else seems to be happening in that state.

As for Abia?; where does one start!? undecided angry
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by bilms(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2012
you mean akwa ibom is doing so well?
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
bilms: you mean akwa ibom is doing so well?

^^^YES!

In a few months, Rochas would have spent half his term in office, but you don't see much on ground besides a few elitist projects he's carried out (eg- Concorde Hotel annex, Commisioners quarters, Gov't house offices/buildings and some little work done at Oguta lake resort).

For fuc/ks sake i want to see well-built and clean township roads in Owerri (and maybe Orlu and Okigwe) of the same standard as those in Akwa Ibom; by now we should be seeing a number of those model schools being finished; we should see what he has for Imo regarding health care (any new hospitals/health centres to be built?.....if so, a number should have been finished by now); we should have known by now his plans for Owerri....his plans for tackling the intractable traffic situation in Owerri.....any new flyovers being planned?; we'd like to know his plans for city mass transportation.....using buses like we see in Enugu and Lagos would help reduce the high traffic levels in Owerri.

I've seen some recent videos of Owerri, and i don't know whether it's because of overcrowding, but the city just doesn't look appealing any more....too much clutter and rubbish on the streets....streets which don't get swept regularly; only the Concorde/Ojukwu convention area looks presentable a bit, but even that area is beginning to look scruffy with the grass verges looking patchy and not well maintained, and a lot of useless clutter on the streets.

I still believe Rochas means well for Imo (more than Ohakim ever did), but he's spreading his resources too thinly (esp' on welfarist policies that Imo could well do without for now) instead of picking a few critical areas and concentrating on them; and he should limit his foreign travels which haven't attracted much benefits to Imo so far.

Videos courtesy naijanedutv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZLR_-FcU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsJy3o75l1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8DbYgLGBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIxu4BhJ1Q8
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by Olaolufred(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
jamace: See the way they are sharing billions of naira as if they are sharing cabin biscuits, yet no development. Surely, Nigerian leaders are cursed. sad angry sad

Not truly cursed.
but may be you and me are responsible for the curses.
If i ask you now, are you satisfied with your own state Governor's performance?
Your answer probably will be no.
However, when the next election time comes, you will still vote for same person.
Why? He is a Christian, He is from this or that part of the state, He looks gentle, Or He has no shoes when we were in school.
Our politicians won't develop this Nation for us, We will only force them to be accountable.
After that, they will be responsive.
When next you have an opportunity to effect a change, look for someone with good record, if none of them qualifies in terms of records, don't vote.
Only the citizens will change Nigeria, not these politicians that are enjoying this pathetic status quo.
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by bilms(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
but can you say the number of jobs is equal to money received?
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by gaddafe(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
The source of this information is what i have a little problem with. However the news seems to be true.
With regards to the issue being discussed **scratching my head** i really don't know what to say.
Re: Ask Your Governor: How They Shared N713bn In October 2012 by bilms(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
elombah.com

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Mosque: The Mysteries, Mission And His Men / Revealed! Why Nigerian Immigration Boss Was Sacked / New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.