Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Rate & Review Your Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate & Review Your Governor (13374 Views)

Mid-Year Assessment: Rate Your Governor And The FG / What Is Your Governor Known For? / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. You must have lived in the state for not less than 3 years.
2. You must be a legal adult of no less than 19 years.
3. You must have a relative in the civil service.
4. You must display a high level of political correctedness.
5. You must employ neither Argumentum ad Hominem nor Post/Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc.
6. Try to be as concise as possible.
You must also follow this format:
1. Name of state
2. Name of governor
3. Number of tenures served
4. Years lived in state
5. Rate (out of 10, in which 10 is a stellar performance denoted by the fulfillment of at least 75% of campaign promises/agenda).
6. Review (the achievements and failures).
7. Recommend (better strategies for developemental amelioration).
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2013

Enugu State
Sullivan Chime
2 Tenures
19 years
7 out of 10
The man is really quiet, doesn't blow his own trumpet. Prefers to let his work speak for him. His major focus seems to be enviromental (roads and water), but he's done a lot of infrastructural work too. New bridges, road dualisations, new water pipes laid throughout the city. Security recieved a great boost with donations of dozens of patrol vehicles to the state police department. Transportation also got a makeover, with introduction of hundreds of yellow cabs and buses.
He seems to be having problems with ESWAMA, though, as in some parts of Enugu, waste disposal has been described as "war".
If he can fix the ESWAMA problem, and do something about those awful motorpark touts, also fix some inner city roads (Abakpa, Thinkers Corner, parts of New Haven, Emene), he would have done more than his predecessors.

13 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 30, 2013
Wow, @OP. Nice thread. Dis is d type of thread that should make fp, not nonso diobi dyes hair white!!
Let me go and compile my review.
Mods front page please!!

5 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by samuelkaykay(m): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2013
Do you want to take me back the days when i was writing CV.RIVERS STATE,RT HON AMAECHI,ALWAYS IN THE MEDIA FRONT,BUILT SCHOOLS,6/10.MY HOME STATE,ABIA STATE,ITS OBVIOUS 2/10.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 30, 2013
Please how can i join Nairaland?

18 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by momodub: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2013
i dey come
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Jayses(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2013
Godswill akpabio is always on the news
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by caesaraba(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2013
My Governor?

Benue State

Gabriel Suswam
2 Tenures
26 years
1 out of 10

This Governor christened himself Mr. infrastructure but cannot even replace dead street light bulbs. After making himself an object of ridicule by inviting the president to come and commission two renovated primary schools, this Governor has officially gone to 'sleep.'
Those seeking audience with this Goveernor can find him at certain hotels and bars in Jos or Abuja as he is seldom in Benue State. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Cheif Dr. Barr. Gabriel Torwuwa Suswam aka Mr. Infrastructure.

20 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by sexymoma(f): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2013
My Gov 9/10
I rep Lasgidi.
O Ba'je ti.

2 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Fazhy: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2013
5. You must employ neither Argumentum ad Hominem nor Post/Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc.

Some of us are not lawyers nor learn Latin in school. So, if you require our contribution, come down to our level.

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by sexymoma(f): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2013
bbpreye.:
Please how can i join Nairaland?
Go to yaba left to purchase Nairaland form.

17 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by immortalvoices(m): 10:06am On Jul 30, 2013
In as much I believe this is a front page thread..the mods should have allow people to prepare and see enough replies from people.

Meanwhile allow me to beam my touch/search light om the Delta state Government, I hope I get even a 3/10...

Because I HEAR VOICES...

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by arabanibaba: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2013
i represent lagos state 95/100 for my working, thinking and creative governor

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by EllyBrainyTM: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2013
#Puffing My Cuban Cigar and watching#
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by sammyyoung2(m): 10:08am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by kabe(m): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2013
Rivers state
Hon Rt. Rotimi Ameachi
2nd tenure
Lived in rivers state since birth
Over 19yrs old
Rating 7/10.... His administration is "TRYING" to transform education sector & construct roads in rivers state... Bt dere is no good rd to my house cry ......
D only gov dat has d balls to fight oga at d top...
Recommendation: he lyks others licking his ass bt doesn't lyk licking another persons ass... Ass licking is reciprocal.... Lol

7 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2013
Idris Wada,Kogi state 2/10

3 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by ZEALMAN(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2013
OSUN STATE
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
One !! another tenure coming Soon
15years
Rating 85%

So many achievement so far, and I pray may almighty continue to support him, He's been the Top governor we've had in OSUN so far, excellent work , You need to see the state capital now!! Its in a wonderful condition and some demolishing, construction work going on! It wil be competing with Lasgidi in two years time I guess .i Just pray for the gd work to continue!!

Weldone OGBENI!!

IPINLE OSUN
IPINLE OMOLUABI

OSUN OoNI. BAJE ooo!!

14 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by rozayx5(m): 10:12am On Jul 30, 2013
Akpabio

7/10

youth empowerment and human capacity development still remains his problem

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by IAMBREEZY: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2013
Ok am coming back.
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Ike77503(m): 10:14am On Jul 30, 2013
STATE OF TEXAS
GOVERNOR RICK PERRY
3 SERVED TERMS (elected since 2002)
lived in Texas 9 years
8 out of 10
Kept state TAX-FREE, BALANCED BUDGET, KEPT UMEMPLOYMENT IN TEXAS AT AN ALL TIME LOW even during recession, Increased education funding and brought in more companies to the state..failed in his attempt to unseat BARACK.
Recommendation : NONE
and I'M NOT A REPUBLICAN just responding to the Op's questions...
OppppSssSS neither do I think this is about where I live anyway, atleast Op no mention restriction to just naija LOL..

11 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by lomaxx: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2013
I'll be back
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Ucbiu(m): 10:14am On Jul 30, 2013
grin Hahaha ma kwankwasiyya gov. Too poor, infact 1/10
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by MrAboki: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
SimonAndal: CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. You must have lived in the state for not less than 3 years.
2. You must be a legal adult of no less than 19 years.
3. You must have a relative in the civil service.
4. You must display a high level of political correctedness.
6. Try to be as concise as possible.
You must also follow this format:
1. Name of state
2. Name of governor
3. Number of tenures served
4. Years lived in state
5. Rate (out of 10, in which 10 is a stellar performance denoted by the fulfillment of at least 75% of campaign promises/agenda).
6. Review (the achievements and failures).
7. Recommend (better strategies for developemental amelioration).

1. Rivers State
2. Gov. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi
2. Two Tenures
4. Im a Port-Harcourt boy.. Born & bred.
5. 8.5..
6. Achievements: He has touched on every facet of development. High quality Roads, Beautifully built Schools, Healthcare, Electricity (3 Turbines and many distribution stations built), security (Rivers State has never been safer), employment, e.t.c.

Failures: Allowing external & internal politics distract him.
7. I recommend he finds a worthy successor to continue from where he stopped as i doubt he would be able to finish everything he has in mind.

9 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Iaz93: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
Kogi State
-------_-----
Idris Wada
-1/10
------------
The guy is just a slowpoke. He has no heart for education and students.
----_----------------
Prince Abubakar Audu should come back ooooh

8 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Habiolar(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2013
Eko o ni baje . Baba Fash I rep . I wud hv gv him 10 but because of critics, make I dash am 8. I b omo eko gangan, Mushin I Rep .

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Blessmira: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2013
Pls am comming, let me ask ma able Governor. grin * Keke Keke, Government House * cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by vallycan: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2013
Sadam abacha
4 yrs
88yrs
19 out of 20
Boko haram state
It started peacefully in a Democrats state b4 d introduction of militant an kidnappers but now it as abaited with the now bokos in dis kind of a combination duos in a country wat do u expect
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Chillypelly(m): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2013
I have stayed in Imo state for about 20 years, so i can tell the political dynamics and how it swings in Imo state. Considering Imo state with the most literate population in west and central africa ( 83% according to UNESCO) one should expect it to imply that super Professors should be her leaders, as the state boasts of about 12% of professionals in europe and america in 2010. Unfortunately the oust of former governor Ohakim couldnt produce the needed ingredient for good governance. Rochas okorocha came with great expections of improving the people, unfortunately the story is entirely different. Substandard roads litter the whole state with little or nothing to show for funds from the centre. His monumental projects as planned such as the 23 floors hotel, the 12 floors shopping mall, the 7 floors judiciary HQ, the 15 floor hotel in orlu, the 14 floors hotel in Okigwe, the 27 General hospitals, the akachi Tower, the glass roof church project, the 16 floor residential apartments and the city development projects are all abandoned. He has failed to establish the difference between philantropic actions and real governance, little wonder there are uncountable freebies with little or no investments in the real sector. I will only say in summary, that my state Imo is under the rule of a rutherless government.

Rating 2/10

7 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by Opey4luv(m): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Name of State: Kwara State
Name of Governor: Alhaji Fatai Ahmed
Number of Tenures: One
Years Lived in the State: 15
Rating: 1/10
Achievements: He has succeed in improving the capital of the State which is Ilorin.
Failures: Ilorin is not the only town in Kwara State, this is where the governor bleeped up, he didn't even lay any hand on other towns. The roads linking Ajase-Ipo to Ilorin is a total mess, the one between Ajase-Ipo and Erin-Ile is even worse. He should also learn to intervene when their is any communal clash. Offa and Erin-Ile, Ganma and Ganna. Just within the span of 2 months and he can not do anything to solve the problem. And the man is not active at all.
Recommendations: He should note that its not the vote of only the Ilorin people that made him the governor, so he should consider the other towns too or just fucking leave the governor seat.

Thanks

Signed: I³P

9 Likes

Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by EllyBrainyTM: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Rate & Review Your Governor by azyaq(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2013
Ike_77503: STATE OF TEXAS
GOVERNOR RICK PERRY
3 SERVED TERMS (elected since 2002)
lived in Texas 9 years
8 out of 10
Kept state TAX-FREE, BALANCED BUDGET, KEPT UMEMPLOYMENT IN TEXAS AT AN ALL TIME LOW even during recession, Increased education funding and brought in more companies to the state..
and NO, I'M NOT A REPUBLICAN just responding to the Op's question...
OppppSssSS neither do I think this is about where I live anyway, atleast Op no mention restriction to just naija LOL..
no compare. Oyibo man wit Us, they are not after fat bank account but we blacks do

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jibrin Sues Ikenga Ugochinyere And Ifeanyi Okonkwo For Character Defamation / Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal / Boundary Dispute: Hoodlums Attack Anambra Community, Smash Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.