Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,281 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (9079 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Zanzibar Election: Jonathan To Lead Commonwealth Observer Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Elueme: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2012
Taking the president to court is making mockery of the intelligence of our judiciary. Common sense I enough for me to decipher the eligibility of the president in 2015. He didn't contest for the office in 2007 but providence fell on him to complete Yar Adua's tenure after the demise of the latter. Only Nigerians can stop the president either by PDP primaries or the general election, and these legal gladiators working in disguise either for or against the president should stop distracting us Nigerians. As Maclatunji said, these could be staged.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Woke4all(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2012
Well said
maclatunji: You people don't get it! GEJ is using proxies to clear legal landmines towards his 2015 ambition. These court cases are meant to ensure that no opponent takes him to court in 2014/15 when he declares his intention to run because the issues would already have been adjudicated upon. The man is obsessed with staying in power; even if he gets a 2nd term, he will still want a 3rd term- whether he performs or not is immaterial to he and his cronies.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by alajor(m): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2012
Damn! Can't help but notice dat those lawyers that r taking him to court r igbos.na so we go take do biafra abi. Odiegwu!!
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by homerac7: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2012
maclatunji: You people don't get it! GEJ is using proxies to clear legal landmines towards his 2015 ambition. These court cases are meant to ensure that no opponent takes him to court in 2014/15 when he declares his intention to run because the issues would already have been adjudicated upon. The man is obsessed with staying in power; even if he gets a 2nd term, he will still want a 3rd term- whether he performs or not is immaterial to he and his cronies.

magana ya kare. kpakam!
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by poweredcom(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2012
If he says something like dis ogun will surely fiya him on dat seat - e go be am like film
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by conyema12(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2012
berem: I had to read your comment like 8 times and still didn't understand your gist.* rinses face with water* .the gbagauns no help matter sef!

If the president wants to contest in 2015,good for him. I wish him Goodluck!

How is it not making sense to you cos my 9yr old niece understood the guy....maybe u need to wash ur face again with hot water... No offense though
I also watched the interview
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Victorsky(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2012
Mr. President, give us steady power supply. then 2015 carry go........
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ziondaughter: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2012
Goodluck Jonathan, y not carry ur good luck & patience n go to Otuoke n rehabilitate it. Stop bothering ueself wit naija problems. Na only God dey save u o. e fit b say u get underground powers cos all dz our leaders person no fit vouuch 4 una o
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ofeakwu(m): 10:36am On Nov 22, 2012
Idiot! Na ur fada useless, 'onuku'
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by 1025: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2012
truth4meal: GEJ has every right under the law to contest just like every Nigerian under the law of coordinated and rightful thinking has every right not to vote for him. 2015 means a lot to GEJ and Nigeria - it will show our sincerity to better governance, it will how we reward underperformance, it will show that GEJ is a "messi", it will show the strength of PDP and the opposition, it will show if Nigerians will endure another failed four years, it will show if as Nigerians we want corruption to boldly say "I don't give a damn", it will show if GEJ can win shoeless and shoeful - it will show how comatose is our resolve for change. 2015 means a lot to Nigerians who seek a positive change.

uncle, apart from our votes, a lot of things are wrong and no matter how transparent inec and pdp claimed their elections were, a lot of professional frauds or what i call in-built frauds are happening.
an inec that is appointed, supervised and financed by a participant of same election can never, ever be trusted.
in imo state, the gov is apga and 300 out of the 300 ward councillors are pdp. 27 out of the 27 local govt chairmen are pdp. uncle, tell urself the truth and shame the devil. the gov of imo state is there because all the revrend fathers in the state got involved and monitored/participated in the gubernatorial election to push the former gov(ohakim) out.
ben bruce did not hide his feelings after the show of shame in bayelsa and he called what he saw CORONATION.
there is a coronation in the land and the day jonathan manifested as the pdp candidate, that was the day i knew pdp was getting another 4 wasteful years.
we need a neutral umpire to at least give candidates the same level playing grounds so that if it is a matter of rigging, everybody will do his best.
let no man be deceived that jonathan will oil the dry hands of jega and will not be delivered. not in this time. the motto of pdp is : DO OR DIE
during elections, candidates come out with promises and parties have manifestos but no nigerians can point to the promises of jonathan and no one can say these are the manifestos of pdp as a party yet they are winning.
why won't pdp win when all the public criminals of this jungle(nigeria) are directly or indirectly linked to the party? they are aware of the danger or any other party taking over from them. how many of our politicians can give account of their wealth? apart from nigeria, where else is politics the most lucrative business in the country? the political system is so soaked in corruption that our votes and opinions has little or nothing to offer. times like this, THE SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE CRACKED because no matter how beautiful a house may look, as long as the foundation is faulty, it is nothing but a decorated tomb. REVOLUTION IN ANY MANNER IS THE ONLY WAY OUT. on the other hand, this union we call nigeria has never worked, it is not working and will never work. inside this union, we have four future healthy countries that can function actively and individually.
on jonathan, i do not waste my time listening to him or whosoever speaks for him because his words are so unreliable that u will begin to wonder what type of president he is.
everywhere in this world, presidents do take their times to think before speaking and when they speak, their words are their bonds.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2012

You said what is on mind. That is exactly what is happening. Arrengee legal cases in preparation for 2015.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Kulas: 11:16am On Nov 22, 2012
My igbo brothers should desist from all these nonsense of using them to distract Jonathan by accepting money from powerful Northern elites. Njoku is an Igbo man,likewise Amadi(unless Rivers or Delta state Igbo).Please desist from selling your conscience by serving as tools by Northern Politics to scuttle GEJ administration.Whether GEJ will Contest or Not,allow him first to have focus and deliver dividends of democracy to Nigerians.2015 is still far but you selfish idiots working for the north have collected bribe and bent on scuttling GEJ administration.Shame on you guys.Let igbos continue to allow North to be using them because of greed and selfishness.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by tucker12(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
Well GEJ will not get an inch of my vote. angry angry angry
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by farem: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Amazondepth: In d absence of viable opposition with widespread acceptance and political structure cutting across d whole country,u may as well admit come 2015 all this cyber war will change nothing and GEJ will b elected four more years.By d way dis guy has been in office barely 18 months and u all want him to correct d mess that has been created by decades of misrule,inept leadership and blind followership abi.under d existing laws he has d right to contest and may as well win.for now we shld identify with d positives of this govt give our own support for dis country to grow.
many people are suffering from memory loss. How can Jonathan rule be called 'barely 18 months'? Who was acting president? If he spend 18 years, it will still be 'barely' to these deceived.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ofiakhilo: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
[/color][color=#006600]for where nigerians won't vote for you mr president!!!!!you haven't done anything in naija.forget it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by iwanchop(m): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
u said my mind.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Kalemba1: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
‎​ĩ̷̊ vow to vote 4 u̶̲̥̅̊ 100tyms, bt pls tell Ministry of Interior 2 stop dis man knw man employment stuff. We all voted 4 u̶̲̥̅̊ Mr presido, bt we aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ deprive from having a job, because we dnt Ħª√ę somebody in D̶̲̥̅̊ senate or houz of rep 2 give us recommendation letter. 2 bad sir
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by bakila: 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Elueme: Taking the president to court is making mockery of the intelligence of our judiciary. Common sense I enough for me to decipher the eligibility of the president in 2015. He didn't contest for the office in 2007 but providence fell on him to complete Yar Adua's tenure after the demise of the latter. Only Nigerians can stop the president either by PDP primaries or the general election, and these legal gladiators working in disguise either for or against the president should stop distracting us Nigerians. As Maclatunji said, these could be staged.
Bros, a President does not context Election alone, he must pick a running mate. Referances to vice president as to tenure oath of office, etc is as if it is to president. If GEJ was smile when he took oath as VP and as acting president, he should leave Yar'adua's Corpse alone. He has taken that oath twice. Longer throat no good.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by mabcos: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=Amazondepth]In d absence of viable opposition with widespread acceptance and political structure cutting across d whole country,u may as well admit come 2015 all this cyber war will change nothing and GEJ will b elected four more years.By d way dis guy has been in office barely 18 months and u all want him to correct d mess that has been created by decades of misrule,inept leadership and blind followership abi.under d existing laws he has d right to contest and may as well win.for now we shld..U are d negative person here so far. Shior.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by dinggle: 11:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Lets say for the sake of argument he contest and wins!...(just for the sake of argument) he should be entitled to only 3yrs anything other than that will be going against the constitution of the land which he should be defending as the president. It requires no interpretation from any lawyer or judge (it clearly says a maximum of 8yrs)even if it was borrowed he cant rule for more than 8yrs. Haven't said that I don't see how he will win an election with his performance especially feeding animals while Nigerians starve.
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Mogidi: 4:10am On Nov 23, 2012
GEJ 2015 CARRY GO!!!
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Jonlafrika(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=Julesbloom]talking about rigging i learnt that the 2011 presidential election was rigged. and jona tld us dat he conducted a free n fair election. now i knw why buhari was mad with the inec result.[/quote

YOU LEARNT ELECTION WAS RIGGED BECAUSE PDP WON?
THIS LIE OF YOURS DESERVES A MEDAL
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by asam7(f): 6:11am On Dec 20, 2013
I don't know why most nigerian president can't rule and allow another person to rule, they want to remain there till they die. Nah wow o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill / I Never Slept With Any Man For Money - Linda Ikeji / Saraki’s Probe: EFCC Engaging In Persecution, Not Prosecution — Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.