Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos (15305 Views)

5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN / Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) / PHOTO: 40 Feet Container Falls On Car In Maryland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by valdubem(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2012
I am alive just because of his mercy; a worthless sinner like me. RIP to the Dead.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by ayoola2002(m): 11:48am On Nov 22, 2012
Pergrace: 99.1% of trailers in our naija roads carry these containers UNFastened while on top speed.I wonder why the Road Safety marshals can't impound them.[b][/b]
Pls stop copy and paste, go straight to the point.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Naijapikin1: 11:50am On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=abu abdul haqq][/quote]..my friend did u have to quote the whole post jus to comment a few words? We also read the post, haba!

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by sonyjacobs(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2012
Most Nigerian roads are death trap
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by 1ndidi2(f): 11:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Dear lord sad anytime I'm walking or in a car/bus and I see these 'higher killers'close to me, I get so scared lipsrsealed

RIPP to the dead!
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by doctokwus: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2012
Terrible.Dis can happen to anybody!There is no day d average nigerian driver does not encounter dese trailers or petrol tankers,beside,behind or in front of him or her& wt d terrible roads everywhere,ur destiny does not really lie in ur hands.Every driver dat sees dis picture must definitely av some shivers
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2012
Clerverly: This was as a result of overloading and not bad road. That particular truck is not roadworthy.

I agree with you. Most of these cargo trucks and commercial transport vehicles are not road worthy. What is road safety doing? They harass owners of new vehicles and allow taxi cabs to go on without seat belts (two in front), no fire extinguishers, shattered windshields (sometimes even, no windshields), faulty breaks, exhausts to produce so much fume that every other road user can't see. when a truck breaks down on the road, it is not towed until it has caused another accident. But when a range rover is parked just so that the driver can buy a recharge card, Timariv will pounce and begin to tell you how you will have to pay 80k to the state for that.

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by kcreal(f): 11:59am On Nov 22, 2012
And someone even LIKE the story, ezigbo nsogbu di.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by TableLeg(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sad
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by lolaluv1(f): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
God forbid bad tin. Shouldn't they look for a solution to all this road mishaps?
See human bein na? sad
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by greatgeo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
not too far from okokomaiko bust-stop as it happen few minutes before i rushed out from my house.infact the car had to be pieced to bring out the occupants Few meters from this same sport almost took the live of three young people a month ago of which two of them are my friends young onces. one still have bandages all over his arms right this moment.this road is a nightmare.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
I hate to see such things.
God have mercy.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
greatgeo: not too far from okokomaiko bust-stop as it happen few minutes before i rushed out from my house.infact the car had to be pieced to bring out the occupants Few meters from this same sport almost took the live of three young people a month ago of which two of them are my friends young onces. one still have bandages all over his arms right this moment.this road is a nightmare.
bros, what kind of area is okokomaiko ? is it a safe area ? is it nice ? are there lots of LASU students living there ? dangerous ? rough ?
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Chylo(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
That driver is a criminal and must be arrested. Stop only blaming the government!!!!! Blame the citizens too.

What will you call a driver driving an unsecured container on our express roads? The container should have been chained tightly. A loose container can kill people even on the best roads in the USA! Lawless people in a lawless country.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by forkadict(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
pappilo: Very avoidable accident.

Fashola is working, Lagos is working!

Eko o ni baje o!

Hey shut the fork up. It is not funny. We are talking about people's lives here. I.diot

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by crusufixo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
That Maza Maza- Aboju - Alakija- Volks stretch is hell. Driving on this stretch is frustrating. Its that bad that for me to get to ojo, from Stadium-barracks, i would have to go through mushin-oshodi-iyana ipaja-egbeda route just to avoid that horrible route.Yes !!!! its dat bad !!! that i have to drive twice the journey ( if not more ) to avoid that death trap route. May the souls of those who died in the accident rest in peace !!! Amen
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by kingsleyMbang(m): 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
[color=#770077][/color][quote author=jidsoon]No fewer than three persons were crushed to death yesterday when a 40-feet containerized vehicle fell on a Mazda car on the Badagry-Seme Expressway.

The accident which occurred at about 1.15p.m, was attributed to the bad road which has been a nightmare to commuters and other users of the road.

The containerized vehicle with registration number XT 339 AKD was said to be conveying some goods when it lost control and fell on the car, with four occupants.
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1110561&post=13065165
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by forkadict(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
When Buhari mentioned a few weeks ago that the nigerian government is the biggest boko haram. many fools did not understand hwat he meant.

What kind of government will sit idly by, spend over N1B on feeding in a year and ignore the dilapidated state of our federal roads?

GOD WILL PUNISH ALL THOSE POSSESSED, GREEDY AND STOOPID CO CALLED LEADERS OF OURS TO THEIR FORTIETH GENERATIONS.

Imagine peoples' lives being distorted permanently, people's dreams and aspirations truncated. Gosh What kind of country is this? How much will it cost to at least patch the federal roads assuming the cost of rehanbilitaion of all federal roads might be prohibitive? What kind of country is this nation called Nigeria?

God I'm trembling with rage right now.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by forkadict(m): 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
oyinsbank: The government is to be Blamed, So the lastma guys did not know that that road portion has been bad why cant make efforts to get fashola to repair the road. Yeye people.

Ignoramus. that is a forking federal road.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by forkadict(m): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
TCD: This is why defensive driving is the best.

Always assume the worst. When driving and I see an container carrying truck , loaded trucks or A petrol tanker, I just say to myself, what if I'm beside this big truck and this whole container just falls on my car. Sometimes especially on bad roads, with the overloading you'll see the cargo hold of the truck inclining to one side at close to 45 degrees almost tipping over.

I just jejely slow down, allow the truck to go or three or four vehicles overtake me and stand between me and the trailer, or just overtake as soon as possible.

Never be comfortable side by side a trailer in traffic, or following one immediately behind.

A school mate of mine's mother herself roasted to death when following a petrol tanker behind, the petrol just spilled on her car and burnt her car beyond recognition. Sad thing was she was just going home after seeing him on a visiting day.

true talk bro. I never feel comfortable with those tankers or articulated vehicles anywhere near me as much as i can.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Attention will be paid now that it has taken lives.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by forkadict(m): 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
blink182: Attention will be paid now that it has taken lives.

Says who bro? Don't you realise we are strictly on our own in this godfosakken jungle called nigeria?
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by zeefa: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
solidbroda: Nigeria is the only place that, before goin out of your house, You say "bye bye" to everyone, just in case you do not return. If police men don't kill you, container will, if not, the bad roads, If not, the robbers. Plane might explode, even in your house, police can just come in and shoot you.

Guy na so jare! Even Boko haram ppu go do their own. Na God go save us from this nonsense jare.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by brainpulse: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is a normal and usual occurence on Cocoanut- Trinity route of the Apapa oshodi Express way. The state of the Nigeria road is the reflection of the state of our government and governance, if we pay taxes and the road can not be put in good condition then its an outright failure of an irresponsible government.

Lives are not being valued in this part of the world for a road to be left destroyed for more than 6 months is EVIL AGAINST HUMANITY by our Government.

They make laws only against the people and not laws that will define and enforce their responsibilities to the citizens.

If Lagos state for example can make laws and enforce such laws on Federal roads whats is stopping them from repairing this roads that are death traps instead of playing polities with human lives. This is the same route that port landing tows are collected by lagos state thugs.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by dadd2(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
Oh great potentials have gone to their early graves and families are thrown into all sorts of mess because of bad government.The question is,"Does those in power truly care about the masses"The answer is a capital No.These guys don't ply the roads that's why they are stealing with reckless abandon and impunity to acquire private jets.Why would they fix the roads when they hardly use it. Unless the masses start doing the right things like voting wisely,standing up against bad policies,demanding accountability from those managing our collective wealth etc.We shall continue to hear sad news like this on daily basis. May the souls of the departed truly rest in peace.Amen
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by usher3176: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is not from God,it is carelessness and nonchalant attitude attributed by our government.RIP to the deceased and may God save this country called Nigeria from its leaders
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Pergrace: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
ayoola2002:
Pls stop copy and paste, go straight to the point.

shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by ikechemez(m): 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
Its xmax again ,horrible
RIP.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by taharqa: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
phemmy1987: Na traffic law fasola fit implement can't fix read. Mumu governor
I think d road is an FG road; Fashola is just collaborating with d FG to repair and expand it. The problem is dat d repairs is smhow slow.... Condolences to d family and friends of d dead
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by adexsng(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
kcreal: God have Mercy. RIP to the dead.

God have mercy. Amen
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by ahf(m): 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
Clerverly: This was as a result of overloading and not bad road. That particular truck is not roadworthy.

I tend to want to agree with the statement above

if you look well at the picture, the ground around the accident scene does not look as bad as the story portrays it?

However a full aerial view is the only way to fully assess the state of the road.

RIP to the departed souls
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Originalsly: 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sad. Bad roads are everywhere and no doubt is partly to be blamed. My concern is the truck carrying the container. If the trucks are not fitted to carry containers why are they allowed to especially when the roads are terrible? If this truck was fitted the entire truck would have rolled over. I guess there was no chains or straps to secure the container....who knows...maybe the container was shifting all along until it eventually slid off he truck. An accident that was waiting to happen....not the first nor would it be the last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 Jonathan Rally: Enugu State Government Declares Thursday Work-free Day / FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS / Aisha Buhari Arrives Kano State For A 1-day Visit. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.