Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano (21095 Views)

Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing / Violence Erupts In Saminaka Over Damage Of Campaign Billboards / Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
Religious violence erupts in Kano town
Written by Lawal Danjuma, Kano
Thursday, 22 November 2012 15:06

Several houses and shops have reportedly been torched in a religious violence that erupted on Thursday morning in Bichi, a town several kilometers outside Kano metropolis in Kano state.

Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim K. Idris told Daily Trust that police reinforcements have been dispatched to the area. Residents also say the Joint Task Force has dispatched over 40 vehicles to help quell the unrest.

At the moment, most residents have been forced indoors by tear gas which the security agents have been firing.

Eyewitnesses say trouble started when an Igbo tailor, simply called Chibuike, pronounced the Hausa name for a popular outfit - Na Annabi ya zo kauwa - wrongly. Some who heard him were said to have spread the story about that he had blasphemed and irate youths went on a rampage, setting houses and shops on fire.

The police have not confirmed any casualty yet.

More details soon...

SOURCE:dailytrust
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/181796-religious-violence-erupts-in-kano-town
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Arosa(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2012

1 Like

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
Na Annabi ya zo kauwa

wot does this mean in english? how is it a blasphemy?
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
is this true?
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
This hausa people sef, na wa for their mentality!

12 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
who understands haus here? wot does dat hausa word mean?
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
with so much hatred and religious suspicion, i wonder y we are still one con3

1 Like

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
sorry chibuike, God is my strenght doesnt mean you shouldnt try ur best to protect urself. I dont know old you are but my eighteen years in nigeria, there are area i cant live where you know you aint welcomed.Then if you have no choice but to eat, i believe gun is not that cost, if you can buy a trip journey from home to kano then you can buy one.Buy urself one and prepare for days like this, before anyone kills u and burn ur hard earn money because of jealous or their puuuussy stinking god! load ur gun kill as many as you
can before they get to you afterall death is certain to we all.

7 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Just because of pronounciation.
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by aryzgreat: 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Just because of pronounciation.

ppl dat look for slightest opportunity to display their madness and jealousy. God help any unarmed igbo still living in the north

1 Like

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
aryzgreat:

ppl dat look for slightest opportunity to display their madness and jealousy. God help any unarmed igbo still living in the north
and our people are in government enjoying themselves while their people are being killed like sallah ram.
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Lasinoh: 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
Who are they fighting now? grin
So, Biafrans are still living in Northern Nigeria kwo? cheesy
Even during this holiday season?
Na wa o! cheesy
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by nero2003: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gov.Kwankwaso said low allocation is the caused of insecurity in the North.we can see how ilitreacy has sunked deep into an average Northerner.Some of them were even carrying DP of support of the terrorist brothers in Gaza recently.Islam is the problem of this world.The only way forward is to divide this country.While other states are working hard to generate Revenue for the country,they are busy killing,maimimg and destroying what they have left.Can someone tell me what Borno and Yobo are currently contributing to the coffers of this nation?

9 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Youngzedd(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Which kind of animals do we have in Nigeria as the northerns.

Their IQ is below 50, how can human being and animal live in the same destrict.

When will all this come to an end Lord.

"I never think of the
future. It comes soon
enough."

2 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Dignitary: 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Religious?

How ?

Think it's ethnic 'war' .

Well,whatever name it is called does not really matter! What matters is for us to start tolerating one another !! The earlier we accept that we are all stucked together in this country called Nigeria, the better for us all!!

3 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by ejifranks(m): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
Igbo man vs Yoruba man : yab, insults(both walk away safe and sound)
Igbo man vs Hausa man : yab, dagger , bows and arrows(person must to die)
Yoruba man vs Hausa man: yab, dagger, bows and arrows (person must to die)

Wetin dey worry all dis aboki self... i know its not a religious thing cause there are also Yoruba Muslims and they are not violent at all..sighs illiteracy na disease

5 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by mosmith: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
shey ice prince talk am u dont want to see my ABOKI side am a muslim and a good one dis hausa der own muslim na on a different level
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Amazondepth(m): 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
How come d northern breed of illiterates get homicidal tendencies?na only dem get illiterates in dis country?I think a mixture of islam and illiteracy no b am @ all.wat a people.SMH

1 Like

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by gbogboti: 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Translation: The prophet has come to the market. Its not well written. I mean the Hausa. However in trying to understand what the writer type.

1 Like

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by Mgbadike80: 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
I'm igbo and did my service in d north. If ur surprised about this news, then ur still much ignorant about islam. It will eventually degenerate into a full scale religious confrontation if not contained now. Hausa, yoruba and edo muslims against igbo,yoruba and hausa christians.
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by juman(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
To have peace in the north, their leaders need to stand up and do something on almajiris.
Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by ejifranks(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mgbadike80: I'm igbo and did my service in d north. If ur surprised about this news, then ur still much ignorant about islam. It will eventually degenerate into a full scale religious confrontation if not contained now. Hausa, yoruba and edo muslims against igbo,yoruba and hausa christians.
i dont think so...,am Igbo too i was born and bred in the north, i have stayed in Auchi for too long and also around Yoruba muslims, they are not violent at all. Hausa is the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by SEYIKP(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
THOSE BEAST AGAIN, THE NORTHERN PART SHOULD BE CAVE OUT WITH BARB WIRE FROM NIGERIA, AND BE TURN TO ZOO, ANYBODY THAT GO AFTERWARD SHOULD CONSIDER HIM/HERSELF AS SOYA MEAT.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by franchizy(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
mosmith: calm down o we have good muslims biko nu

Islam is a religion of peace, those making problem are not true muslims, judge not dat ye may not b judged. Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: Religious Violence Erupts In Bichi, Kano by freecocoa(f): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mehn this people sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Visits Akwa Ibom Young Engineers In Turkey (Photos) / Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures / FG Can't Decide Who Attends Nnamdi Kanu's Parents Burial- Ohanaeze Youth Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.