Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State (61291 Views)

Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia / Parapet Roofing Questions $ Answers / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
spyder880: Ceiling, plastering comes next.

Spyder,

Is this 0.45mm or 0.55mm? What is really the different between both in terms of quality? This looks really nice. How much it cost to buy the step-tiles? I know you said it cost around 600k for the woods and accessories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
0.45mm and 0.55mm are different in their thickness. 0.55 is usually stronger and more expensive but by and large, most residential developers will use 0.45 to roof homes. This house was roofed with 0.45 and the unit price is N1250.00
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 12, 2013
Who blocked spyder's reply to my post?
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 12:59am On Feb 12, 2013
payless: Who blocked spyder's reply to my post?

I was also banned till February 25th by the anti spambot cry

I think it is a mistake, I hope lawyer will rectify this quick. Meanwhile this handle is my alternate username which I use on emergency bans like this.

THIS IS STILL SPYDER880

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 12, 2013
ckenneths:

I was also banned till February 25th by the anti spambot cry

I think it is a mistake, I hope lawyer will rectify this quick. Meanwhile this handle is my alternate username which I use on emergency bans like this.

THIS IS STILL SPYDER880

Spyder,

Is this 0.45mm or 0.55mm? What is really the different between both in terms of quality? This looks really nice. How much it cost to buy the step-tiles? I know you said it cost around 600k for the woods and accessories.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 5:02am On Feb 12, 2013
payless:

Spyder,

the work was done with .45mm. The difference is the thickness, the roofing total is not ready now.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Val2001: 10:11am On Feb 15, 2013
spyder880: If the carpentry is superb, the roofing will have no reason not to be smooth.
Please how much did the workmanship( carpentry work) for this pararpet cost?
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Val2001: Please how much did the workmanship( carpentry work) for this pararpet cost?

They charged N80k for this job, but in the end I spent up to N90k in the end. Beware of low charging workers, I will send you a picture of a parapet gone terribly wrong sent by a friend here.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Demainman1: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
@Spyder, I am just wondering, I wish there is a way to make this parapet from plastic or aluminium using molds instead of wasting all that money on steel and concrete to put a heavy load on the building.

What exactly is the purpose of the parapet? In the end it just looked like a curved ceiling to me that is just too expensive to do. Nigerians just love to waste money on immaterial things!
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demain_man: @Spyder, I am just wondering, I wish there is a way to make this parapet from plastic or aluminium using molds instead of wasting all that money on steel and concrete to put a heavy load on the building.

What exactly is the purpose of the parapet? In the end it just looked like a curved ceiling to me that is just too expensive to do. Nigerians just love to waste money on immaterial things!

My brother, its just a matter of choices. When something starts to reign in Nigeria everyone must conform, lest it seems he cannot afford itcheesy

If you noticed, I avoided the parapet in my own duplex because I could not afford the extra N600k to build it so I went ahead and roofed my house.

But that is not to say parapets aint beautiful, it adds some quality to the house and may even prevent thieves gaining entrance through the outside ceiling, especially for houses in remote areas. I usually discuss this with my clients during the negotiation stage.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Demainman1: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Well you are correct that we just like to follow follow for that country. I really belief that with proper research one can use carbon fibre or even aluminium sheet to mould that type of design that would cost probably 1/10th of that 600K. I wish say i be enterpreneur with plenty money to invest into alternatives to expensive things like this.

As a way of discouraging thieves no be correct reason prof because determined thieves will enter the house even if na concrete dey take build am from foundation to roofing cheesy
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by llproperties: 3:20am On Feb 17, 2013
payless:

Spyder,

we sale different kind of hardwood for roofing, Akum, Itara, Ayinre, Eku, Ope, Kolanut wood, Koko Igbo e.t.c.

2x2 = N250

2x3 = N350

2x4 = N450

2x6 = N750

3x4 = N750

1x12 = N1500

Thanks for your patronage,

Regards

Adeniyi

for more information contact us +2348067586332, +2348182481552, +2348088574969
email: lifelightproperties@gmail.com
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2013
Post deleted, wrong thread. I will post this in the right thread.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by alleaynton: 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
How far with the building...more pics pls
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
alleaynton: How far with the building...more pics pls

Plastering will soon start.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by payoski: 11:40am On May 19, 2013
spyder880: we are now adding the twisted rods, bent to fit the design
well done Sir, pls what is gap I mean spacing of the bend iron from one to another, Tx as I expect your response
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by payoski: 11:53am On May 19, 2013
spyder880: Casting starts
the icon lecturer of our great university of nairaland forum professor Spider , pls what is yr mixture ratio here for one bag of cement, how many head pan of sand and gravel? Tx
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2013
payoski: well done Sir, pls what is gap I mean spacing of the bend iron from one to another, Tx as I expect your response

10 inches.

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:01pm On May 19, 2013
payoski: the icon lecturer of our great university of nairaland forum professor Spider , pls what is yr mixture ratio here for one bag of cement, how many head pan of sand and gravel? Tx

You need to consult an engineer who will examine the sand and stone types in consideration with the job to be done. No two jobs are the same.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by fnwani: 2:24pm On May 19, 2013
Update

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by fnwani: 2:26pm On May 19, 2013
Next

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2013
Lovely, simply nice!
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by fnwani: 10:41am On May 22, 2013
More

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Val2001: 4:35pm On May 23, 2013
Thanks so much Oga Spyder for your wonderful updates. You have motivated a lot of people via this forum. I want ask if their is any difference between South Korea made stone roofing sheet and Spain/New Zealand made. Do have any idea about their prices per square metre?

spyder880: Right side of this house.

We already shifted some wood into this site this evening, and will bring in more by tomorrow. We intend to start full works by Wednesday this week. More pictures as we move along.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:39pm On May 23, 2013
Val2001: Thanks so much Oga Spyder for your wonderful updates. You have motivated a lot of people via this forum. I want ask if their is any difference between South Korea made stone roofing sheet and Spain/New Zealand made. Do have any idea about their prices per square metre?

You have come to the right place as I have extensively explored the world of building materials and will give this summary.

Europe stone coated roofing sheets.

This is the top of the range roofing sheets and the first to start arriving Nigeria. They usually come in from Sweden, Switzerland, Norway and other Scandinavian countries. They are durable, classy and usually more expensive. The most popular brands from this range is the Wichtech and Gerrard roofing sheets. Prices are N3,200-N3,400 and N5,200 for shingles.

Korea made roofing sheets.

These types started getting popular as a result of the successes made by the Europe roofing sheets. Traders started making and shipping in cheaper substitutes into the country at the price of N2700-N2650 per square meter. I must say that the quality of the Korea made sheets are not as good as the Europe made ones.

China made roofing tiles

These are sold for about N2,300 or lower and has the lowest quality. They usually fade in colour in the first two years.

I must conclude this write up by making it clear here that there is non of them roofing sheets that will not fade in their richness, eventually. The point is that it started reigning like all fads in Nigeria, that "I pass my neighbor mentality" we have that means that everybody must try and equate the achievement of his neighbor. So many builder will collect money from house owners and use a cheaper version and you might not see the difference!

But the zinc my father used to roof his house in 1986 has still not peeled off or leaked water! That is why I used aluminium sheets to roof my own house. Nigerians get money sha. Thats why everybody dey use stone coated roofing tiles now. Thank you.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Val2001: 6:50pm On May 23, 2013
Thanks so much for the iinfo. I will go for normal aluminiun the,
spyder880:

You have come to the right place as I have extensively explored the world of building materials and will give this summary.

Europe stone coated roofing sheets.

This is the top of the range roofing sheets and the first to start arriving Nigeria. They usually come in from Sweden, Switzerland, Norway and other scandanavian countries. They are durable, classy and usually more expensive. The most popular brands from this range is the Wichtech and Gerrard roofing sheets. Prices are N3,200-N3,400 and N5,200 for shingles.

Korea made roofing sheets.

These types started getting popular as a result of the successes made by the Europe roofing sheets. Traders started making and shipping in cheaper substitutes into the country at the price of N2700-N2650 per square meter. I must say that the quality of the Korea made sheets are not as good as the Europe made ones.

China made roofing tiles

These are sold for about N2,300 or lower and has the lowest quality. They usually fade in colour in the first two years.

I must conclude this write up by making it clear here that there is nono of them roofing sheets that will not fade in their richness, eventually. The point is that it started reigning like all fads in Nigeria, that "I pass my neighbor mentality" we have that means that everybody must try and equate the achievement of his neighbor. So many builder will collect money from house owners and use a cheaper version and you might not see the difference!

But the zinc my father used to roof his house in 1986 has still not peeled off or leaked water! That is why I used aluminium sheets to roof my own house. Nigerians get money sha. Thats why everybody dey use stone coated roofing tiles now. Thank you.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Maca411: 2:17am On May 27, 2013
For American Fiberglass Shingles roofing needs, contact us at:

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria
Office in Lagos
Phone: 08038276676

Best in Roofing.
http://www.pabcoroofing.com/pabco_premier_laminated_shingles.html
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by alstacs(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Oga spider, a promise yet unfulfilled oh. I u promised to analyse the cost of the parapet in terms of materials and workmanship. I've not seen that yet.
My contractor just left my house a few hours ago and t the estimate he gave me for the parapet has left me sleepless.
I however need to commend you for this exposure given to lay like me.
Apart from aesthetics, what else will I be losing by not running this parapet of a thing.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:46am On Jun 18, 2013
alstacs: Oga spider, a promise yet unfulfilled oh. I u promised to analyse the cost of the parapet in terms of materials and workmanship. I've not seen that yet.
My contractor just left my house a few hours ago and t the estimate he gave me for the parapet has left me sleepless.
I however need to commend you for this exposure given to lay like me.
Apart from aesthetics, what else will I be losing by not running this parapet of a thing.

It adds some quality to the house and may even prevent thieves gaining entrance through the outside ceiling, especially for houses in remote areas, sorry I could not update all the costs as my lists for that project is not with me now.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by mbembe: 10:09am On Jun 18, 2013
As expected, a good response from a pro, but there are issues here. All the three major types of roofing sheets currently in use in the country have their respective merits. The metal sheet, known as the zinc, is the most common sheet and the oldest still in the market. Apart from its comparable low cost, it is strong and has the ability to withstand heat and weight. Like zinc, asbestos is relatively cheap. But what has endeared it to many home owners is its ability to absorb heat and resist corrosion. However, environmentalists insist it is not environmental friendly. Aluminium roofing sheet comes in two categories. There is the long span corrugated aluminium roofing sheet and the step tile aluminium roofing sheet. The unique features of the roofing sheet are its diverse colours, textures and thickness. The common colours are red, blue, yellow, green, chocolate and brown.
There is also the polycarbonate (stone coated) roofing sheet, which experts explain has the ability to withstand any change in environment and temperature.
Oga Spyder, the only thing permanent in life is Change. Therefore to infer that those using the Stone Coated roofing sheets are merely displaying the " I pass my neighbour mentality" is not only misleading but very immoral. Are U saying that all of us must use zinc to roof our houses so as not to be accused of being "rich". Even when your dad used same in 1986, remember that there were of different qualities then. "5 fingers" brand was seen as the most durable and reserved for those with extra cash to spare. There is nothing wrong in aspiring to be better in life, after all, that is the prayer of all good parents. The Gerard brand you mentioned has a guarantee of 50 years, did you confirm otherwise before reaching your conclusions which to me is very simplistic and demeaning. Well, I hold you in high esteem, I assume others do same, pls always assess your comments before going public. Congrats, at least you used aluminium step tiles for your own house, that means, we are all moving forward with the latest fad. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2013
mbembe: As expected, a good response from a pro, but there are issues here. All the three major types of roofing sheets currently in use in the country have their respective merits. The metal sheet, known as the zinc, is the most common sheet and the oldest still in the market. Apart from its comparable low cost, it is strong and has the ability to withstand heat and weight. Like zinc, asbestos is relatively cheap. But what has endeared it to many home owners is its ability to absorb heat and resist corrosion. However, environmentalists insist it is not environmental friendly. Aluminium roofing sheet comes in two categories. There is the long span corrugated aluminium roofing sheet and the step tile aluminium roofing sheet. The unique features of the roofing sheet are its diverse colours, textures and thickness. The common colours are red, blue, yellow, green, chocolate and brown.
There is also the polycarbonate (stone coated) roofing sheet, which experts explain has the ability to withstand any change in environment and temperature.
Oga Spyder, the only thing permanent in life is Change. Therefore to infer that those using the Stone Coated roofing sheets are merely displaying the " I pass my neighbour mentality" is not only misleading but very immoral. Are U saying that all of us must use zinc to roof our houses so as not to be accused of being "rich". Even when your dad used same in 1986, remember that there were of different qualities then. "5 fingers" brand was seen as the most durable and reserved for those with extra cash to spare. There is nothing wrong in aspiring to be better in life, after all, that is the prayer of all good parents. The Gerard brand you mentioned has a guarantee of 50 years, did you confirm otherwise before reaching your conclusions which to me is very simplistic and demeaning. Well, I hold you in high esteem, I assume others do same, pls always assess your comments before going public. Congrats, at least you used aluminium step tiles for your own house, that means, we are all moving forward with the latest fad. Peace.

Who says the latest fad is bad? grin

Bros, my position from my first day in this site is that if you got the cash, please by all means, flaunt it! It makes for a more robust economy and consumption of traded merchandise which will keep Nigerians continually employed, and thus empowered.

That I used aluminium sheets to roof my house was because that was what I could afford back then without adding undue stress to my life, and I love the looks. After that, I have done up to 5 roofs with stone coated tiles for others who can afford it, and they loved the end result.

Please inform me when you want to roof your own house so I can come and give you the best services with the high quality, latest Gerard roofing tiles in town, thank yougrin
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by amarilo: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
We are still waiting for the cost of the roofing including the concrate fascia. thansk my oga @ the top.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.