Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? (7450 Views)

Teen Runs Away From Home In Enugu; Found Pregnant For Lagos Boyfriend (pic) / When You Break A Guy's Heart (pic) / Why Did You Break Up With Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2006
If you find yourself in a wrong relationship and you don't want to go on because you know deep down in you that there's no future in that relationship, how do you break away especially when you're very fond of your partner and you've spent lots of time together.  How do you let go and move on with your life? How do you cope with the hurt and pain?

Have you been there before? How did you cope? How did you move on?

Please share your tips and experiences.  grin  grin  grin
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2006
No tips or experiences?   

Everyone's so quiet. grin cheesy grin
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2006
1) Stop sleeping with the boyfriend/girlfriend you want to break up with.
2) Stop visiting him/her.
3) Stop calling him/her.
4) When your (ex) boyfriend/girlfriend complains, explain that you want to end the relationship.
5) Feel miserable and alone for a 4 months, while having several one night stands.
6) Jump into another doomed relationship after the waiting period is over.
7) Continue at step one.

Don't attack me; this is what people people do all the time. Surely it works for them!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by beefblaze(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2006
dta's a good one Nwoke smiley
i guess u take it like dat Babymine cause it has worked for me once or twice!!!! tongue tongue
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by chinani(f): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2006
Shame on you Nwoke! If you don't know, then why make light of her situation? angry Babymine, I think ppl are being quiet b/c no one is an expert when it comes to this. As for myself. I'll meet with the person and tell him that I want to end things & the way I feel. Do not say "You do blah blah blah" instead say "I feel blah blah blah" that way the person will not feel attacked. It sounds as though this man is not a bad person so please be sensitive.

Being sensitive may mean that for a few weeks he will call you and ask "Why?" or ask you back. Be patient and try and explain to him. Remeber: treat others w/ the kindness you want to be shown. After 2-3 wks after the break up, if he's still calling you then you can say "Please don't call. I won't change my mind" and after you've said these words do not speak to him unless you see him on the street. No phone calls please, it'll just confuse the both of you.

It will hurt b/c while distancing yourself from him you'll be loosing a friend. So surround yourself w/ other friends, read more, learn something new (like sewing) or just concentrate on school or whatever. Even if you dump him, your heart will hurt. I say no flings or anything (but then I'm not a fling type of person). When you feel up to it - a few months? - then you can start dating as you wish. But, don't rush into anything! Be wary of rebound relationships!!!

Hope this helps. Best Wishes.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by Seun(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2006
Sorry, chinani, but babymine didn't say she's having such a problem! cheesy
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by hayo(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2006
Simple. Once you are sure the relationship is moving nowhere reasonable but doomed; I believe that the only reasonable thing to do is WALK AWAY. It is not that easy especially when sex and other intimate encounters are involved and there is the human nature that keeps hoping that things will change.
But my advice is that before you are exploited to the level where you lose all your integrity and self-worth, save the remaining pride you have and look elsewhere for love. Please look well the next time and stop using the wrong things to judge who the right person is. Beauty and Money are just minor attributes, character and godliness is very important. Cheers.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by Coomasie(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2006
Babymine, First step: Be sure that you are tired of the relationship and you will not go begging your partner later. By being sure you are not compatible and that you can find a better partner. He who must come to equity must come with clean hands.

Second Step:: Keep your partner out of your mind and start looking for alternative, even before you let him or her know what u are up to. This prepares you for soft landing.

Third Step: Think about all the bad things he/she has being doing to you and programme your mind that even the ones that looks good are not good after all.

Fourth Step: No mercy. It is a war of psychology

Fifth Step Tell him/her some of the things you feel about him/her. Don't say you are leaving him or her. But let it be obvious through other means.

Sixth Step Be careful, because if you go to war and you spare your enemy, he might come for you later, and he will not spare you. NO MERCY

Seventh Step Be calm about the whole process
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2006
just tell the person what they are doing u dont like it

if the person doesnt stop and than u can see what to do
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by Fluffy(f): 11:19am On Apr 22, 2006
It's never easy to let go of someone especially if you've been together for a long time and are so used to each other.
That is why so many women stay with abusive partners in relationships that are wrong and believe they will change.

The best thing is to realise that you can never change a person's behaviour or feelings.

You have to look out for yourself and what's best for you,coz if you don't noone else will.

No matter how difficult it may be cut yourself loose and move on, there will be other relationships
                                and it's never the end of the world.  wink
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2006
well that's also true,

love is stupid
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2006
@ eve

Is love really stupid?
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2006
yes it is,it makes you do stupid things, grin grin grin

it stupid to me
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2006
I disagree. Love isn't stupid but it sure can make you do stupid things sometimes.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2006
BTW, have you ever been in a wrong relationship?
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by freddie1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2006
Pray seriously o, because one partner might decide to love you till death!
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by mukina2: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2006
try to let the other know wats for real and you make them understand fully well so it wont hurt too bad
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2006
@ Freddie

I don't understand.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by VIVVY: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2006
babymine,b4 u break off that relationship,u need to ask urself a very important question.1,ask urself if it's what u really want.2,if it cums straight from the heart and not because u frustrated and the last but very important,if u very sure that u dont luv him anymore.All these put together,u pray to God cos u cant do it all alone because,it wud hurt u real bad.it wud look like there is no place anymore 4u.keep urself busy while u on it and have goood friends that wud understand u,i say so because u might have mood swings and only real pple or friends will take it lightly with u cos they know what u going thru.after all these,u wud come out strong and better and more matured.even ur ex will marvel at these knew change when he hears from friends.BUT DONT RUSH INTO A RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT FIRST BEEN A FRIEND AND DONT INCLUDE SEX WHILE U TRYING TO FORGET THE OTHER. smiley
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 1:57am On Apr 23, 2006
tell the person ya feelings
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2006
Hmm. Good tips. cheesy
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2006
thaks, grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by lauryn(f): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2006
If u dont feel u have the time to talk about it to the partner,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just Walk Away!
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2006
lauryn:

If u don't feel u have the time to talk about it to the partner,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just Walk Away!

i think walking away is bad,just tell the person and let the person
know that u aint into him or her again
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by lauryn(f): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2006
thats what i mean, if the person doesnt wanna listen or is not reasoning with u then what?
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by eveseh(f): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2006
yea,if the person doesnt wanna listend that's ok athing grin
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by freddie1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2006
@ babymine
what i mean is that some enraged partner might decide to say if he/she can't have you, then none will. He/she goes further to kill the person or maim the person for life!
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by seunmii(m): 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2006
Babymine,love will not cause anyone to do stupid thing.please.I think we should clarify the meaning of love.To your question,insecurity is what pushes us to do stupid things.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2006
Seun, love makes you do stupid things sometimes. Things you'd ordinarily not do.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by babymine(f): 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2006
But then that's not the topic. How does one break away from a wrong relationship? cheesy
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by Nutter(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2006
Run for the hills and don't (repeat, DO NOT) look back. Remember Lot's wife!

Just kidding grin

I find the best way is to have a proper sit down with your (ex)partner and let her/him down softly. Anything else will definitely breed animosity.

This is my first post y'all. Good to be here.
Re: How Do You Break Away From A Wrong Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2006
wrong relationship as in??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Butt Cleavage To Entice Your Man. / What Happens when you Get Married After Several Years Of Abstinence **pics** / The Finest Girl In Nigeria Appear In New Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.