Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk (6748 Views)

Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight / Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video / Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by PeeDaVinci: 9:58am On Nov 23, 2012
follow the link below to sign the petition

http://www.causes.com/actions/1706270?fb_comment_id=fbc_135175249965171_260377_136583693157660#f2d0d29fb4

To: BBC Hard Talk
15 questions for President Jonathan

We the citizens of Nigeria, request that veteran Journalist Mr Stephen Sackur interview our President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. It has become necessary at this point in time, to find out where Mr President is taking our country to. We trust the abilities of BBC Hard Talk, we also hope that our request will be granted.

We have extracted some of the listed questions from Premium Times Nigeria, these are questions yet to be answered by President Jonathan. Please find the questions useful and add yours hence it is a matter of great importance to us the citizens of Nigeria.

Here are 15 questions, please add yours in the comment box as you sign this petition

1. Why has your government proved incapable of addressing the fuel scarcity problem across the country?

2.Why did you claim in your October 1 broadcast that Transparency International had endorsed your administration’s fight against corruption when the contrary is the case? Why did you also refuse to apologise to Nigerians after you realised you were wrong?

3.The Malabu oil deal dredges the shame of a nation directly to the corridors of the presidency. Why did you as President, without the National Assembly’s approval, authorize the transfer of $1.1bn from a Federation account into the account of Malabu Oil, a company with falsified registration details, and owned by a man convicted in France for money laundering?

4.Why has the President not ordered anti-corruption agencies to probe the Malabu scandal and if found guilty prosecute the persons that could have duped Nigeria?

5.What do you say to those who say your leadership of the country has been at best inept and ineffective, and that your administration has not been able to tackle any of our national challenges? (Corruption, electricity, broken infrastructure, unemployment etc).

6.You were severely criticised by Nigerians after you said on June 24 that you don’t give a damn whatever anyone thought about your refusal to publicly declare your assets. Is that still your position on this important matter, or are you reconsidering your stand?

7.As the leader of the PDP, which dominates the two chambers of the National Assembly, why has the party continued to allow lawmakers earn obscene but illegal allowances in the guise of office running cost?

8.The National Human Rights Commission has an important role to play in our country. But the work of that Commission is being hampered by the refusal of your administration to inaugurate the Board about a year after it was constituted. What is responsible for the delay in inaugurating the Board? Why has your administration reduced the commission to a toothless bulldog?

9.You hinted a few days ago that the deregulation of the petroleum industry is irreversible. It was suspended last January to enable government put in place the necessary conditions that would make it succeed. Does government think it has now done enough to contemplate the speculated plan to remove fuel subsidy and hike the price of petrol?

10.The Lagos-Ibadan federal highway has finally become one of our national shames, and a lot of Nigerians are dying on that road every day. The road was concessioned to Wale Babalakin’s Bi-Courtney three years ago but has been unable to fix it. When will your administration do the right thing and save the nation the daily carnage on that expressway?

11.Your administration has come under criticism for setting up committees almost every week. Why does the government set up panels and committees for tasks that can and should be performed by law enforcement and other regulatory agencies, and when you know that the reports of those committees won’t be implemented? We also like to know how many reports of government committees in various sectors are currently before the presidency and what the deadlines for their implementation are.

12.What is the reason for your reversal of the Transmission contract awarded to a Canadian firm, Manitoba. Was due process not followed in the award? If not, has anyone been sanctioned for violating due process?

13.Why have you insisted on retaining the petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, despite her indictment both by the House, Senate and even executive committees set up by your administration?

14.Why did your government honour Mike Adenuga with a GCON few weeks after the Finance Minister and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, mentioned his company, Conoil, as one of those guilty of fuel subsidy scam and responsible for fuel scarcity in the country?

15.Several reports, including one by the EFCC, indicted three former Presidents – Sani Abacha, Abdusalami Abubakar and Olusegun Obasanjo for sharing in the Halliburton bribery money along with some other top government officials. Abacha is dead and some officials have been arraigned in court. When is your administration arraigning Obasanjo , Abdulsalami and Gaius Obaseki, a former NNPC GMD, who couriered part of the bribe money to some beneficiaries?

i don't know if this petition thingie actually works but no harm in trying to find out

4 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by k2039: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2012
I trust my president,he wont dare embarras himself before the international community.

Less I forget he didnt attend the presidential debate organised ny NN24,I see no reason why this will be an exception.

The only way we can force him to attend is only if it's organised ny NTA and we all know NTA is just a camouflage for the presidency

It's pointless signing any petition,we already know the outcome

4 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by pheesayor(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2012
He will not attend, just the way he avoided the election debates
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2012
You want to kill this man, eh? Dont you know his brain is not able to think so fast and answer issues intelligently unless his answers were preplanned. Even at that he still sounds like a retard. I hope this goes well cos the last thing i want is for him to properly disgrace all nigerians in front of the whole world when he crumbles like the weakling he is during the talk.

2 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2012
You are asking GEJ to memorize his answers when he knows that they will ask him different questions he obviously is not prepared to answer grin grin grin I still remember OBJ on HardTalk grin grin grin
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by crispgg: 10:16am On Nov 23, 2012
Some of the issues here have been overtaken by events.

For instance, Bi Courtney's concession has been revoked and the revocation of the Manitoba power deal has been reversed.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by laminaria(m): 10:18am On Nov 23, 2012
Omo see question ooo.....trust me uncle jona no fit finish all dis tru him career as presy......
Pls Mod's anytin dat can't add †̥ ma savings for owning ma private-jet shud nt b on d front page pls...ok!
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2012
He wont 'give a damn' cool
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ballabriggs: 10:21am On Nov 23, 2012
Who needs 'Hard Talk' to interview him?

Bring am here make I interview am. All those micro-chips wey Oronto and Abati dey give am go fade commot for in head one time.

Yeye people.

No be that small girl Isha Sesay dey interview am the other day wey in mouth dey shake like say hot akamu dey inside.

Very shameless bunch!!!

5 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Demdem(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2012
These are serious questions, so many yet unanswered by the Retardeen unlike the foolish ones asked during his chat.

4 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Maxymilliano(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2012
This looks like what El-Rufai or Lai Mohammed will sit down and compile, it has a political undertone and should not be construed as the voice of Nigerians, Nigerians yearn for good governance at all levels, equitable distribution of income and improved standard of living, not asset declaration by the FG, Malabu oil deal, conferement of GCON on Adenuga and other craps sited in the original post that can't put food on their tables.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2012
Those foreign stations don't interview you rather they question you. I don't think our president can stand being questioned. He's not up to the task except the expo is given to him prior to the questioning like he was asking for before the presidential debate.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by cdamsel(f): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2012
Would it b any diff 4m wat he said in d media chat last week?

Pls talk is cheap joor,after una go talk say im no dey dey nigeria,or he spends 2 much on trips,make una leave am 2 dey 9geria work abeg undecided

Nt signing no damn tin angry
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by dunmorris(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2012
Kai! jona Can U Handle The Hot Seat cheesygringrin

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by saintneo(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2012
Nonsense petition.

I am not interested in any 'hard-talk' with a foreign media organisation be is BBC, VOA, CNN, France24(france vingt-quatre), AL Jazerra, FoxNews, SkyNews, RussianTV, CCTV, et al. They are all signs of re-colonialism. Instead we should works towards improving our journalism and media so as to make it credible and independent of the government. Moreover, BBC is a biased media organisation; it does not project a balanced political view. Given the biased news we get from BBC World already, how about BBC Hausa used in spreading false propaganda in the northern part of Nigeria.

Any 'hard-talk' should be organised by a Nigerian media organisation. It can be NTA, AIT, Silverbird, Channels, Minaj, et al.

[size=68pt]NO[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by egift(m): 10:33am On Nov 23, 2012
Demdem: These are serious questions yet unanswered by the Retardeen unlike the foolish ones asked during his chat.

Are referring to Mr. (1.3 billion is not enough for food) If yes, seconded.

4 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by basty: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2012
GEJ should let Nigerians know of his second term ambition and his achievements so far to necessitate this.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by saintneo(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2012
basty:
GEJ should let Nigerians know of his second term ambition and his achievements so far to necessitate this.
Mr President has stayed one year of his first tenure in office, he is at work, 2015 is still very far, kindly allow GEJ to work.

If the result of his work is good then he will express his ambition, else he will go back to Bayelsa.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Rooneyboy(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2012
ballabriggs: Who needs 'Hard Talk' to interview him?

Bring am here make I interview am. All those micro-chips wey Oronto and Abati dey give am go fade commot for in head one time.

Yeye people.

No be that small girl Isha Sesay dey interview am the other day wey in mouth dey shake like say hot akamu dey inside.

Very shameless bunch!!!

I watched that CNN interview by isha Sesay and I must confess I was really ashamed of my president and my country.
Jona with his heavy tongue, may God save us in this country.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Sirmee(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2012
Why is he running such an expensive government when most Nigerians lives below a dollar per day?

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 23, 2012
can't sign such a petition, only foo.ls will root for the world's dullest president to be invited to hardtalk! ebere cannot scale a debate organised by primary school pupils yet you guys are wasting your time here suggesting hardtalk. FORGET HARDTALK, INVITE HIM TO FIDITI GRAMMER SCHOOL DEBATE SESSION!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by naptu2: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Nov 23, 2012
[size=28pt]STUPID SUGGESTION.STUPID PETITION.
NEOCOLONIALIST NONSENSE.

HOW WOULD PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN APPEARING ON BBC HARDTALK HELP NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Mcdondayan: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2012
We want our President to be interviewed by BBC? its not a problem. Will David (the british P.M) agree to be interviewed by N.T.A angry
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Wsdm: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2012
I don't like seeing someone's downfall, but judging by events in the past have proven that when a man become so terrible to Nigerians, he soon sign his doom.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by plendil: 11:09am On Nov 23, 2012
^^^nothing neocolonialist about it. Quite being silly. Hardtalk has a reputation of interviewing some throwing some questions that has even the most experienced politicians squirming on their seats. Our dear GEJ known for his patented elocutionary deficiencies wouldn't stand a chance. He would be ripped to shreds.

4 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Nov 23, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]STUPID SUGGESTION.STUPID PETITION.
NEOCOLONIALIST NONSENSE.

HOW WOULD PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN APPEARING ON BBC HARDTALK HELP NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS?[/size]

Why are you always yelling?

2 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by skyfall: 11:13am On Nov 23, 2012
Will sign the petition. If Obasanjo could appear on Hard Talk, who is Jonathan not to appear?

Though I know the f00l will go and mess up as usual.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by sundaybam(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2012
If I should advise ebele I will tell him not 2 go. He is.not sound enough to face truetalk unless he want 2 disgrace himself before the public. But if he want to go. Um hand crossed till that time. lipsrsealed
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by AjanleKoko: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2012
plendil: ^^^nothing neocolonialist about it. Quite being silly. Hardtalk has a reputation of interviewing some throwing some questions that has even the most experienced politicians squirming on their seats. Our dear GEJ known for his patented elocutionary deficiencies wouldn't stand a chance. He would be ripped to shreds.

If we all felt he wasn't the right fit for the job, why the f%$&#k did people vote for him?
I think the request is petulant. Why should we run to Hardtalk when our own local media can ask the same questions? Neocolonialist nonsense, I say.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by greaterlove(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2012
so what if he answers the questions intelligently will that make you see him differently, or will you scream that he bribed bbc?
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ochallo: 11:17am On Nov 23, 2012
k2039: I trust my president,he wont dare embarras himself before the international community.

Less I forget he didnt attend the presidential debate organised ny NN24,I see no reason why this will be an exception.

The only way we can force him to attend is only if it's organised ny NTA and we all know NTA is just a camouflage for the presidency

It's pointless signing any petition,we already know the outcome

shut up and sign! Things would change one day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi / DEATH HAS FORGOTTEN ME: 180yrs Oldest Man Laments (pix) / Swearing-in Of Lawmakers Not Constitutional But Ceremonial- Sen. Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.