Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life (8978 Views)

9 Normal Sex Problems Pregnant Women Face & How To Solve Them / The Tragedy Most Women Face / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by BBM: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2012
1. Not spending enough time with your children

A startling majority of working moms feel like they haven’t struck the right balance between their work and children. If you’re at work worrying about the children, work isn’t getting the best out of you and the kids aren’t getting anything. You should give your full dedication depending on where you are, whether at work or with the kids. That way everyone, including yourself, benefits.

2. Not losing extra weight

More than 70 per cent women report being on a diet at any one given time, regardless of whether they are actually overweight or not. If you want to look gorgeous and slim, choose to change your situation and make time to go to the gym or a slimming group. Recognise it is your choice and no one else is to blame.

3. Spending money on yourself

Going on a shopping spree may be fun, but the after effects can send some into a spiral of self-loathing and guilt. However, if you rationalise your reasons for spending money on a spa break because you need the downtime, or a new business suit because it will help you in your work, then you have no reason to feel guilty.

4. Your partner is unhappy

If you do feel guilty that you’re not doing enough to make your partner happy, then it is suggested that you both sit down and look at your timetables and agree on how you can make more time for each other. Discuss it and come up with a change in your behaviours that will make you both happier as a couple.

5. Always being late

Sometimes, situations arise which will make us late, no matter how well prepared we are, prompting feelings of guilt and panic. Sitting on a train and getting aggravated about what you could be doing if you were there already is a waste of energy. Ask yourself how you can use the moment? You could write out a full shopping list, rehearse what you want to say in the meeting or call your mother. Sitting there winding yourself up hurts only yourself and no one else.

6. Not being able to play the perfect hostess

Many women say they would like to put on the perfect dinner party or a drinks bash but they often set themselves high standards that they then fail to meet. The desire for social excellence derives from our need to be perfect all the time. Go on, host your party and be a bad party hostess. The moment you accept you can do it, but do it badly, it takes the pressure off. We give ourselves a lot of ‘I should be the perfect dinner party host’. Everyone has a different perception of everything so you can try to host a dinner party but you have to do it your way.

7. Forgetting birthdays

It’s not deliberate. Some of us are running about for 18 hours a day and have a million things to do. If you do feel guilty then simply tell yourself you know you’re doing your best, apologise and make clear that it wasn’t something done deliberately. If the person chooses to take umbrage, then that’s up to them.

8. Taking out some me-time

Living up to the ‘superwoman’ image that many women wish to maintain, can lead to terrible feelings of guilt over giving themselves time off to get their hair done or read a book. But doing nothing is very important in allowing us to physically and mentally recharge. But it is very difficult for other people to see you doing nothing and allow yourself to do it. Tell people the truth. That you need a break because you are at your limit – then accept that the world is not going to fall apart without you.

9. Letting your parents down

Women can inherit guilty feelings through the generations of not doing enough for their elders and in some way failing their parents. Learn to accept that your parents will love and judge you no matter what. Obviously do try and be sensitive but if you go your own way and you are successful and happy, then if they are decent human beings, they’ll be happy for you in any way.

10. Saying ‘No’

Saying ‘no’ is hard because we don’t want to be seen as the baddie and because women are taught from a young age to put others first. The first thing to do is to give yourself time to think about each request and it is suggested that you say something noncommittal like, ‘That sounds interesting, give me half an hour and I’ll get back to you on it’.
If you really don’t want to do what they ask, then give the person other options to help solve their problem.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by kerrybruice: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=BBM]1. Not spending enough time with your children

A startling majority of working moms feel like they haven’t struck the right balance between their work and children. If you’re at work worrying about the children, work isn’t getting the best out of you and the kids aren’t getting anything. You should give your full dedication depending on where you are, whether at work or with the kids. That way everyone, including yourself, benefits.

More than 70 per cent women report being on a diet at any one given time, regardless of whether they are actually overweight or not. If you want to look gorgeous and slim, choose to change your situation and make time to go to the gym or a slimming group. Recognise it is your choice and no one else is to blame.

Going on a shopping spree may be fun, but the after effects can send some into a spiral of self-loathing and guilt. However, if you rationalise your reasons for spending money on a spa break because you need the downtime, or a new business suit because it will help you in your work, then you have no reason to feel guilty.

If you do feel guilty that you’re not doing enough to make your partner happy, then it is suggested that you both sit down and look at your timetables and agree on how you can make more time for each other. Discuss it and come up with a change in your behaviours that will make you both happier as a couple.

5. Always being late

Sometimes, situations arise which will make us late, no matter how well prepared we are, prompting feelings of guilt and panic. Sitting on a train and getting aggravated about what you could be doing if you were there already is a waste of energy. Ask yourself how you can use the moment? You could write out a full shopping list, rehearse what you want to say in the meeting or call your mother. Sitting there winding yourself up hurts only yourself and no one else.

Many women say they would like to put on the perfect dinner party or a drinks bash but they often set themselves high standards that they then fail to meet. The desire for social excellence derives from our need to be perfect all the time. Go on, host your party and be a bad party hostess. The moment you accept you can do it, but do it badly, it takes the pressure off. We give ourselves a lot of ‘I should be the perfect dinner party host’. Everyone has a different perception of everything so you can try to host a dinner party but you have to do it your way.

7. Forgetting birthdays

It’s not deliberate. Some of us are running about for 18 hours a day and have a million things to do. If you do feel guilty then simply tell yourself you know you’re doing your best, apologise and make clear that it wasn’t something done deliberately. If the person chooses to take umbrage, then that’s up to them.

Living up to the ‘superwoman’ image that many women wish to maintain, can lead to terrible feelings of guilt over giving themselves time off to get their hair done or read a book. But doing nothing is very important in allowing us to physically and mentally recharge. But it is very difficult for other people to see you doing nothing and allow yourself to do it. Tell people the truth. That you need a break because you are at your limit – then accept that the world is not going to fall apart without you.

Women can inherit guilty feelings through the generations of not doing enough for their elders and in some way failing their parents. Learn to accept that your parents will love and judge you no matter what. Obviously do try and be sensitive but if you go your own way and you are successful and happy, then if they are decent human beings, they’ll be happy for you in any way.

10. Saying ‘No’

Saying ‘no’ is hard because we don’t want to be seen as the baddie and because women are taught from a young age to put others first. The first thing to do is to give yourself time to think about each request and it is suggested that you say something noncommittal like, ‘That sounds interesting, give me half an hour and I’ll get back to you on it’.
If you really don’t want to do what they ask, then give the person other options to help solve their problem.I believe all your points.
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Sijo01(f): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
^You have to quote all that just for 5words point!

1 Like

Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by salolo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
Women needs to remain where God place them, Eph 5 :22, to be submissive, by doing this they will not create any ordeal for themselves
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
What an article...good one...Men nko,we face more ordeals than this nah
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
binger: What an article...good one...Men nko,we face more ordeals than this nah

don't make it a gender fight, she made her points as a female, you can respond by listing your own points too, and not the way you did...just saying plz don't take it to heart, hugs smiley

Nice write-up
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by booty4meTM1: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
hmmmm cool.. waiting for the male version
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by deols(f): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
True true and true.
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Ticklishmummy(f): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
salolo: Women needs to remain where God place them, Eph 5 :22, to be submissive, by doing this they will not create any ordeal for themselves

Wake up male chauvinist!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by specialguest(f): 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
11. Monthly menstrual cycles

The first 2 days weighs me down. My energy level is usually low and my mood swing is always at its peak during this time of the month. While others complain about cramps, backaches etc. Thank God i dont experience any of that. . However i noticed my last 2 break ups happened while i was on my period, i doubt if that was by chance or the mood swings contributed to the break up.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by ebizswit(f): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
Beside going to d gym, what else can one D̶̲̥̅̊φ to keep slim
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
ebizswit: Beside going to d gym, what else can one D̶̲̥̅̊φ to keep slim
Reduce your meat, fat, protein and starch food intake and increase your fruit and fibre food consumption. Most importantly, make sure you trek at least some meters each week. Trekking and bicycle riding are the fastest ways to stay slim, that was why ancient Africans hardly got obese or overweight.
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Peterpan1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
BBM: 1. Not spending enough time with your children

5. Always being late

7. Forgetting birthdays

10. Saying ‘No’

If you really don’t want to do what they ask, then give the person other options to help solve their problem.
all this and still counting, WOMEN una dey try ooo.
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Sweetcollins: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2012

by
By involving yourself in more chores
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by busybee24: 1:18am On Nov 24, 2012
salolo: Women needs to remain where God place them, Eph 5 :22, to be submissive, by doing this they will not create any ordeal for themselves

God help us all
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by ziondaughter: 6:17am On Nov 24, 2012

Check ur meal n wat it contains
Intake of plenty water (at least 8 glasses per day)
Get enof rest
Dont allow too much stress n have a positive thinking
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Mynd44: 6:35am On Nov 24, 2012
I am so sick of these fûcking lists
Re: Ten Personal Ordeals That Women Face In Life by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2012
Nice list OP.....ladies how do we deal with the negatives and increase the positives. Every young lady should be aware of these points I think before she starts working or get married. That way when she experiences them, she will be better equipped to handle them

One thing I have learnt is that we are all responsible for our own happiness husband, children, good job will not give you happiness if you are not at peace with yourself and God,

Also we should learn to forgive ourselves when we fall short of super human standards set by God-knows-who!

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Don't Trust A Guy That Doesn't Have Chairs In His Room / Light-skin Lady Opens Her Bare Ass As She Twerks(pics& Videos) / Beach Party Pictures That Were Not Uploaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.