Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam (7065 Views)

Muslim Sister Arrested For Using Veil In OAU / Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister / A Plea From A Muslim Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2012
Sexxydivaa:
am gna stick to this,but continue to garner knowledge about d Shias n Sunnis.seem interesting.@beta things n tunji.tnkx

Patience my sister. Trust me, you don't want to start bothering your head with that. That knowledge isn't essential, you are a Muslim, that is what you should hold on to.

That knowledge will come to you in due course but don't make it something you bother your head about, it is an unnecessary distraction.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by DevotedOne(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
Bismillaah. As salaamu alaykum. What happened to my post? BetaThings posted in error and I posted to correct the error, so where is my post.

This is error:
(c) that someone will die and be born again (we all die once at different times but we will all be resurrected same day to be called to question on day of Qiyama)
(d) anyone can tell you what will happen tomorrow. So we don't consult palmist or people who use prayer beads to foretell the future
BetaThings

Salaam, DevotedOne
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BetaThings: 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah. As salaamu alaykum. What happened to my post? BetaThings posted in error and I posted to correct the error, so where is my post.
This is error: BetaThings
Salaam, DevotedOne
Wa alaykum salaam
So where is the error? Are you saying that
1. Muslims believe in reincarnation?
2. Some people can divine the future?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by tbaba1234: 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Salam, please take your debates out of this thread.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
tbaba1234: Salam, please take your debates out of this thread.

Exactly! Before, I ban some people.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Luiza(f): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hi. I'm a new revert and I have no one to put me through. I don't know where to go to begin to learn about Islam. It makes me sad. Any advice please?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 12:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Luiza: Hi. I'm a new revert and I have no one to put me through. I don't know where to go to begin to learn about Islam. It makes me sad. Any advice please?

Salam Alaykum Luiza, I know you are welcome here. I don't know- have you read this thread from the beginning?

You might also want to tell us about the things that make you sad- maybe your environment, how you came to accept Islam and things like that.

Feel free to discuss with us here.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BetaThings: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2012
^^^^^
1. I posted this earlier. There was no response. I am repeating it
2. I suggest that we have a thread, pinned to the main page, that is strictly moderated. It should address some of the issues that Muslims (and especially reverts) face. A muslim should be able to go there and understand what should be done on the average day (the daily adkhar, salat procedures and timing) what we should do when we need to make a major decision, when we face challenges (health, jobs, business, children), when we face danger etc. We can expand it to include special activities - Zakat, Ramadan, Hajj, marriage etc and links to articles on misconceptions on matters of faith

BetaThings:
Congrats. May Allah continue to guide us.
This is the greatest giver of hope, in my opinion

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." Qur'an 39: 53

BTW there is a book for female converts/reverts. It can also be used by all Muslim ladies
A Hand Through the Door for My New Sister by Yasmin bint Ismail

Do you know it? If you do, did you read it? If yes, did you find it useful? If yes, I can volunteer to arrange to get her one copy

We also need to get her Fortress of the Muslim by Darussalam - a small comprehensive book of dhikr (words of remembrance) and dua (supplications). It is very cheap ($2 or less than N500 in Nigeria). We can add that to what to get for her

2 Likes

Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by tbaba1234: 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Betathings, salam

Maybe you should start the thread for reverts.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
dominique: Welcome back to Islam my sister, may Allah make your journey to rediscovery a easy one. As a (re)convert myself, the biggest challenge I faced were the self-righteous people trying to make me realise my 'mistake'. Telling me all stories of gloom and doom and the likes. Don't let people like that waver your faith.
If you've haven't memorised Ayat-ul Kursiyu, I suggest you do so. Its very important when making special Dua and supplications. Its also a very strong weapon of the believer against shaytan and his agents.
Hope you give us updates on your progress and challenges through your journey smiley.
pls check your FB pm. thanks
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 27, 2012
Just seeing and reading thread. Divva, good one, Salaamu alaikum
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BahPulo(f): 4:38am On Jan 11, 2013
My questions are:
*the last 3 rakats we do before we go to bed are they mandatory or can i opt not to do them if i choose let's say on alazy day?
* do I have to say invocations in arabic,reason i am asking this is i have this small book, fortress of the muslim with many invocations from the qu'ran and sunnah, some are long and very had to memorise in arabic so what i do is (unless I am praying)just say and ask Allah's favor in my language is that ok?
* what age are children suppose to pray without missing anything? my kids(9&6) pray the first 4 but hardly pray the evening one cause they go to bed early. can they pray even if it's not time and go to bed cause they are kids or what?

i'll be back for more.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 6:53am On Jan 11, 2013
Jarus: Just seeing and reading thread. Divva, good one, Salaamu alaikum

Wa Alaykum Salam, that thing you did ehn came at a time I was extremely busy. I hope to be back to basic office work by Monday. It has been a crazy 3 months for me. Hence, I could not afford to be involved in your business. This place is not the other place, you should have made the distinction.

Salam @Bahpulo, I am sure our sheikhs are already hitting their keyboards furiously to answer your questions.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by tbaba1234: 7:18am On Jan 11, 2013
BahPulo: My questions are:
*the last 3 rakats we do before we go to bed are they mandatory or can i opt not to do them if i choose let's say on alazy day?
* do I have to say invocations in arabic,reason i am asking this is i have this small book, fortress of the muslim with many invocations from the qu'ran and sunnah, some are long and very had to memorise in arabic so what i do is (unless I am praying)just say and ask Allah's favor in my language is that ok?
* what age are children suppose to pray without missing anything? my kids(9&6) pray the first 4 but hardly pray the evening one cause they go to bed early. can they pray even if it's not time and go to bed cause they are kids or what?

i'll be back for more.

1. Evidence indicating the Importance of the Witr prayer (all from Bukhari (Authentic)

Narrated 'Aisha: Allah's Apostle offered Witr prayer at different nights at various hours extending (from the 'Isha' prayer) up to the last hour of the night.

Narrated 'Aisha : The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to offer his night prayer while I was sleeping across in his bed. Whenever he intended to offer the Witr prayer, he used to wake me up and I would offer the Witr prayer too.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Make witr your last prayer at night."

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet used to offer (Nawafil) prayers on his Rahila (mount) facing its direction by signals, but not the compulsory prayer. He also used to pray Witr on his (mount) Rahila (camel back).

The Majority say that it is the most confirmed Sunnah of the Prophet sala Allahu alihi was Salaam and the one who abandons it totally is in error, but missing it is not punishable if undenied although it is undesirable.

Ali bin Abu Talib radiyAllahu anhu said, "The Witr prayer is not required like your obligatory prayers but Mohammad sala Allahu alihi would perform the Witr prayer and say, 'O you people of the Quran, perform the Witr prayer, for Allah is One and He Loves the Witr.'" This is related by Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, Nasa'i, Abu Dawud, ibn Majah and Tirmidhi, who calls is hasan, and Al-Hakim who grades it sahih.

(from yahya adel Ibrahim)

2. You can say the prayers in your language, even when you recite it in arabic. you have to do so with the consciousness of its meaning. It is good to memorise the duas in Arabic but if you can't memorize... your langusge is good.

3. The child that is 9 years should start getting used to the five prayers. However, It is not compulsory on them because of their ages.

The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Teach your children to pray when they are seven years old, and smack them (lightly) if they do not pray when they are 10 years old, and separate them in their beds.

We are taught to start teaching the kids to pray at the age of 7 and smack them if they do not pray at 10. Basically, three years of training. By 10 years, the child should be used to praying all five prayers.

They only become accountable when they reach maturity but building up the habit and teaching them properly with love is important at this age.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by DevotedOne(m): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Ever Merciful, The Eternal, The Righteous, The Owner Of Sovereignty, The Lord Of Majesty And Bounty, The Self-Sufficient, The Supreme, The Self-Subsisting In Whom All Subsist. The Peace Be Upon You, Everyone.

I used to do the (Qunuut), Witr, prayer sometime (an hour?) before fajr prayer. I am now learning that it should be done after the 'Ishaa prayer.

These prayers are a little different from the the prayers in the little prayer book I've used for sometime now:

3 Witr - How To Perform The Three Rakat Prayer (Salat Al-Witr)

Du'aa-e-qunoot (Arabic + English)

How to pray witr

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BahPulo(f): 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
@Tbaba1234
Thank you:
here are more questions

1) It is said that a woman can't touch the quoran during her period. does that mean i can read the koran from a phone, computer or anything as long it's not the holy book i am touching? also the book,fortress of muslimah can I read it since it's mostly hadith and few koranic verses in the book during this time?
2) I have difficulty refusing to shake a man hand when the person offer it. i feel it's rude and bad manners especially during an interview like today I walked in the first thing the manager did was to introduce himself with the hand in front of me I could not say sorry I don't shake men hands in that case what will u suggest?
3)what is your take on winning prize where people enter their names and don't have to pay anything to win? I believe since no money is involve in order to win it 's not haram like let say winning a lotto?

I'll be back with more when I remember them?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by tbaba1234: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2013
I do not think, i am qualified to answer these questions... I would look for Opinions from more qualified shiekhs and post here...

For Question 3, I have no 'take' when it comes to Islam... I look at the opinions of much qualified people and adopt the one with the greatest evidence.

I would research answers to your questions and paste the links
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BahPulo(f): 1:21am On Jan 27, 2013
thank you i'll ask around too. by the way @ forum where is Deols?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 6:27am On Jan 27, 2013
BahPulo: thank you i'll ask around too. by the way @ forum where is Deols?

She took the decision to stop posting on Nairaland.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BahPulo(f): 2:42am On Jan 28, 2013
maclatunji:

She took the decision to stop posting on Nairaland.
. ooah that's too bad cause she added a lot to this board wishing her well though. and you mallam hope u are well? and thanks for the reply.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2013
BahPulo: . ooah that's too bad cause she added a lot to this board wishing her well though. and you mallam hope u are well? and thanks for the reply.

Laughing @Mallam. I am fine my sister, thanks for asking.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BahPulo(f): 3:58am On Feb 03, 2013
maclatunji:

Laughing @Mallam. I am fine my sister, thanks for asking.

lol I was going to say Almamy but remembered you might not know what it means so I went with mallam.
arn't you the almamy of this board?? lol grin
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
BahPulo:

lol I was going to say Almamy but remembered you might not know what it means so I went with mallam.
arn't you the almamy of this board?? lol grin

I consider myself more as an editor more than anything else.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
Allahu akbhar.Am so happy my thread is progressing positivly.so is my journey to islam.I appreciate all ur help and supports.Its not been easy,i must confess.i try to pray 5times daily,(not been easy cos of my work schedule)but i dont miss out d salat al'fajr.
Most times i have this feeling that i could just close my eyes,say Alaimdulilahi,without any rakats,and my prayers are answered..
Is this me or a general notion that if u dnt pray with the crowd/group,its not accepted before Allah.
2)can i combine prayers?.i.e Salat al-zuhr, Salat al-'asr: Salat al-maghrib n pray all at night.salat al-'isha.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sexxydivaa: Allahu akbhar.Am so happy my thread is progressing positivly.so is my journey to islam.I appreciate all ur help and supports.Its not been easy,i must confess.i try to pray 5times daily,(not been easy cos of my work schedule)but i dont miss out d salat al'fajr.
Most times i have this feeling that i could just close my eyes,say Alaimdulilahi,without any rakats,and my prayers are answered..

Is this me or a general notion that if u dnt pray with the crowd/group,its not accepted before Allah.
2)can i combine prayers?.i.e Salat al-zuhr, Salat al-'asr: Salat al-maghrib n pray all at night.salat al-'isha.

@bolded, you can pray in private. As a woman, it may even be better to pray in private.

http://www.systemoflife.com/fiqh/salah/2000008-can-women-visit-masjid#axzz2K7NNVgAk

In terms of combining prayers, the answer is no except with very limited exceptions:

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/1170318/allowed-miss-solat-because-went

There is very little reason to repeat the same points here.

It is nice to know you are feeling good about yourself and your religion.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by zayhal(f): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
Keep on keeping on Divva. I'm happy for you as well.

Please you have to observe you salats o. And it's best to pray each at the appropriate time if you can just struggle to squeeze out the time. It won't take more than 10 minutes for each.

You can stand, sit, lie down to make supplication and your prayers shall be answered but you need to perform ablutions and pray the required number of rakah for your salah to be valid. Or perhaps I misunderstood your question?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 8:12am On Feb 07, 2013
Thnkx u so much@zayhal.i'l make sure i put in more effort.Exactly my question.May Allah reward u
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 8:17am On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

@bolded, you can pray in private. As a woman, it may even be better to pray in private.

http://www.systemoflife.com/fiqh/salah/2000008-can-women-visit-masjid#axzz2K7NNVgAk

In terms of combining prayers, the answer is no except with very limited exceptions:

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/1170318/allowed-miss-solat-because-went

There is very little reason to repeat the same points here.

It is nice to know you are feeling good about yourself and your religion.
Jazakallahu khairi.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 8:18am On Feb 07, 2013
Pls how do i use the rosary bead?(tasbih)
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 8:32am On Feb 07, 2013
Sexxydivaa: Pls how do i use the rosary bead?(tasbih)

It is used for counting words of remembrance of Allah and prayers (dhikr)

For example, you want to say

Alhamdilillah- 99

Subhanallah- 99

Astagfirullah- 99

Allahu Akbar- 99

The prayer bead is used to count these, no more, no less.

Some of us use our fingers, others use counting machines- no biggie.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

It is used for counting words of remembrance of Allah and prayers (dhikr)

For example, you want to say

Alhamdilillah- 99

Subhanallah- 99

Astagfirullah- 99

Allahu Akbar- 99

The prayer bead is used to count these, no more, no less.

Some of us use our fingers, others use counting machines- no biggie.
ko ye mi jooh
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
Sexxydivaa:
ko ye mi jooh

Counting now. Each bead in the sequence of the tasbih represents a number just like on an abacus. Each time you say a specific word of azikiri (Ko ba le ye e smiley), you pull a bead up separating it from the rest. To know how many you are counting, take any prayer bead and count how many beads are there. The popular ones, come in the numbering of 33 or 99.

The ones that are in the middle that are shaped like domes or minarets are used to demarcate the tasbih in 3 parts. So if you have a tasbih of 99 beads, each dome in the middle demarctaes it into 3 parts of 33 each.

For you to understand better, just pick your tasbih and look at it as you read my explanations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1444 Hijri New Year: Tracing The Roots Of The Islamic Calendar / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.