Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola (8648 Views)

Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh / Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / Rebuilding Of Chibok Commence See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by EkoAtlantic1(f): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is the 20th in the series of my 100-day account rendering Town-Hall meetings to you, the good people of Lagos. This occasion is significant because it coincides with 2,000 days of your partnership and support for our government; formed by the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN); and freely elected by you. It remains a humbling privilege to be the lead public servant and we remain truly grateful and unassuming of your trust and confidence.

At the report presented on the 1,800-day, I had briefed you about  the challenges we were facing in securing funding for the Mile 12-Ikorodu Road expansion and the court action that was delaying the construction of 660 housing units in Agbowa. We have since concluded the financing and commenced construction with about 584 people  now employed in construction; and have awarded the construction contract for Mile 12-Ikorodu Road expansion.

At the 1,900-day event, I did not personally address you. It was decided that the heads of those involved departments should brief you about the work being done in your various constituencies.
I am aware of the entire proceedings in the East, West and Central Senatorial Districts and have held extensive meetings to put in place plans to address your concerns within the limits of our resources. Thank you for your active participation and support. We are all certainly better for it.

This is why we have commenced a statewide tour to assess the progress of on-going projects and have mobilised our budget to ensure the completion of those projects.
Today, we return to our usual format of reporting every 100 days with updates from my last report.

BUDGET
We have presented our 3rd Quarter Budget performance report of 65% for the 3rdQuarter. Combining the 1st through to the 3rd Quarter, we have delivered an aggregate performance of 72% so far.
We have also presented the budget estimates for 2013 to the state House of Assembly, and we are dedicated to finishing the 4th Quarter stronger than we did in the 3rd Quarter.

Some of the projects and programmes being delivered in your various local government and senatorial districts include: the award of 185 inner city road contracts; the award of 1,404 housing units, the award of the Adiyan Phase II 70 million gallons-per-day Water Project and the construction of a 60km pipeline network to be dedicated to such areas as Iju, Agege, Ifako-Ijaiye, Alimosho, Ojo and Ikeja.

We are also concluding plans to upgrade Ishasi Waterworks from 4mgd to 12mgd to service the Ijanikin-Badagry axis.  On November 6, 2012, we visited Oyingbo Market and the two markets being built in Tejuosho; the 36-unit housing project in Shitta; the 60-unit housing project in Mushin, the expansion and concrete lining of the System-6c canal that passes through Itire; the reconstruction of the damaged Ilasamaja pedestrian overhead bridge and the reconstruction and expansion of Kodesoh Road in Ikeja.

On November 13, 2012, we inspected our 540-unit Lagos HOMS project at Sangotedo; the on-going construction of road projects in Kasali Oluwo Street, Odo-Egiri Road, Igbonla Road, Salabiu Olanrewaju Street and Oba Animashaun Road; the combined High Court and Magistrate Court in Epe; the Epe Waterfront reclamation and shoreline protection project; and Oba’s Palace at Ilara-Epe.  At Badore, we assessed the progress of the Badore Ferry Terminal and Jetty, the Langbasa Road, Ado-Kekere Street and Kajola Street in the Aja Area.

EDUCATION
At the commencement of the reform process in 2007, the average number of students obtaining five credits including Mathematics and English was 7%. This year, we have reached 38.28%. For the first time, our state is now in the top 10 of the 36 States at the forefront of public education revival, and the only South-Western state in the top 10 this year.

In the last 100 days, our technical colleges graduated a total of 6,000 students; many of whom have been employed by private sector operators who are partnering us to design their curriculum to meet industry standards. The electrical graduates amongst them work with the Lagos State Electricity Board to light up Lagos.  The renovations of the classroom block in Agidingbi Technical College were done by the students and not an external contractor.  Our new Electronic Engineering Academy in Agidingbi was built in partnership with Samsung Electronics that guarantees employment for every child trained at the Centre.

HOUSING
We are currently constructing housing units in 10 sites in Igando, Omole Phase I & Phase II, Sangotedo, Mushin, Ilupeju, Agbowa, Ogba Phase I & Phase II, Surelere and Igbogbo. Employed are 882 main contactors, 836 sub-contractors, 1,835 artisans, 1,940 labourers, 905 suppliers and 49 food vendors; totalling 6,450 people employed in less than one year.
HEALTHCARE
We are rapidly coming to the completion of the Gbagada Heart & Kidney Centre, the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary and the Ayinke House.  Our health missions continue to take basic healthcare for diagnosis and cure to our people in their communities, screening and treating them in their thousands for diabetes, hypertension and cancer.  Our preventive health initiative at the grassroots level is taking shape in partnership with our local government chairmen. We have successfully trained and graduated the first batch of 300 graduate volunteers to serve.

AGRICULTURE
We are improving on rice cultivation, milling and bagging; poultry production and processing; fish and seafood production, education and provision of extension services to farmers. We held the first Lagos Seafood Festival to showcase our aquaculture potentials and to expose and export our very proud seafood menu beyond Lagos. Our quest to create farms outside our state is yielding results as we have acquired 500 hectares of land in Ogun State, to grow rice to feed our mill in Imota.

SPORTS AND TOURISM
In October, we hosted the 12th edition of the Governor’s Tennis Cup, which is the only International Tennis Federation sanctioned tournament in West Africa. The event attracted entries from 361 players from 30 countries. Taking a cue from this, a private sector company has launched an initiative called “Breaking the Mould”, which brought the world famous Williams Sisters - Venus and Serena - to Lagos.  In the next few days, we will be hosting the 18th edition of the National Sports Festival and we expect up to 20,000 visitors who will bring in revenue.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
On May 29th 2012, we commissioned the Lagos Traffic Radio broadcast on 96.1 FM; to help commuters get advance information and plan their journey. Also, the new Traffic Law was signed into effect on August 2nd 2012.  With on-going advocacy and the installation of over 17,000 road signs, we are experiencing more voluntary compliance and seeing improved driving culture.  Between July—before the law came into effect—and September 2012, of the 13,322 people attending our Drivers’ Institute, about 10.1% had bad vision and have since been referred for corrective action to improve vision and return them back to the road.

Between August 2nd when the law came into effect and the end of September 2012, we noticed a 68.4% increase in attendance in the Drivers’ Institute. During the same period, 58,174 vehicles came in to obtain their Road Worthiness Certificates, a 20.9% increase from the period before the law.  We also noticed a 48.4% increase in the issuance of drivers’ licence which should suggest safer drivers and accident reduction. More importantly, fines have reduced between July and September by 24.2%; contrary to the opposition’s claims, no amount of money can be a substitute for the lives of citizens we are entrusted to serve and protect.

Also, the number of vehicles arrested for various violations has dropped by 16.9%, arrests for driving against traffic decreased by 35.9% and BRT lane violations has decreased by 74.2%. The 25 general hospitals report that Okada-related accidents dropped by 18.73% in September while deaths recorded during the same period dropped by 42.86%.  The Office of the Commissioner of Police reported a drop in Okada-related crimes by 30% in September and by 60% as at the end of October, when compared to the month of July, before the law came into effect.

Our recent monitoring and evaluation assessment report on the impact of the law reveals that:
a. 65% of people sampled after the law want to reduce alcohol intake as opposed to 30% before;
b. 93% now want to reduce drug intake as against 71% before the law;
c. 77% are now convinced that alcohol is a danger to them and their passengers if they drink and drive, as against 10% before the law; and
d. Only 4% now say they can still purchase alcohol within the motor park after the law, as against 58% before the law.

While we are not yet where we want to be, but I am positive that a lot of gains lie ahead.  I do not believe that it is the desire of Lagosians to live in a state where people will act with impunity without regard to the safety of others. Despite our detractors and local challenges, we have started a BRT model of urban mass transit; which can only grow.  I am happy also that the vision of my predecessors for an urban rail transport is now alive again with the construction of the Blue Line from Eric Moore; which has now reached Mile 2. Our BRT expansions to Badagry and Ikorodu Town are progressing.

I remain convinced that the legacy of public transportation Lagosians deserve is one that puts us on the global map and not one that condemns us to a dependency on foreign imports. This should be our path to sustainable prosperity and safety. I wish you all a merry Christmas and happy new year in 2013, and once again appeal to you to drive safely and think of your safety and that of others. Thank you for your attention.

*Being highlights of the address by Lagos State Governor Fashola in commemoration of the 2,000 days in office.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/our-commitment-to-rebuilding-lagos-is-paying-off/131453/

12 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by EkoAtlantic1(f): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is Lagos

Eko oni baje, Never cool

5 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by warrior01: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
Oya children, tis time for lagos bedtime story. Story story....
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by kingingkinging: 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
See projects, see vision, see Fashola. Very good, accurate in analysis, outstanding in delivering. Wished you could be our president in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
You're rebuilding Lagos but not the people in it. Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Of course, your "commitment" to impoverishing the masses is certainly paying off. . .for you and your cocaine-snorting master Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva: You're rebuilding Lagos but not the people in it. Clap for yourself.

[b]EDUCATION
At the commencement of the reform process in 2007, the average number of students obtaining five credits including Mathematics and English was 7%. This year, we have reached 38.28%. For the first time, our state is now in the top 10 of the 36 States at the forefront of public education revival, and the only South-Western state in the top 10 this year.

In the last 100 days, our technical colleges graduated a total of 6,000 students; many of whom have been employed by private sector operators who are partnering us to design their curriculum to meet industry standards. The electrical graduates amongst them work with the Lagos State Electricity Board to light up Lagos. The renovations of the classroom block in Agidingbi Technical College were done by the students and not an external contractor. Our new Electronic Engineering Academy in Agidingbi was built in partnership with Samsung Electronics that guarantees employment for every child trained at the Centre.

[b]HOUSING
We are currently constructing housing units in 10 sites in Igando, Omole Phase I & Phase II, Sangotedo, Mushin, Ilupeju, Agbowa, Ogba Phase I & Phase II, Surelere and Igbogbo. Employed are 882 main contactors, 836 sub-contractors, 1,835 artisans, 1,940 labourers, 905 suppliers and 49 food vendors; totalling 6,450 people employed in less than one year.
HEALTHCARE
We are rapidly coming to the completion of the Gbagada Heart & Kidney Centre, the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary and the Ayinke House. Our health missions continue to take basic healthcare for diagnosis and cure to our people in their communities, screening and treating them in their thousands for diabetes, hypertension and cancer. Our preventive health initiative at the grassroots level is taking shape in partnership with our local government chairmen. We have successfully trained and graduated the first batch of 300 graduate volunteers to serve.

AGRICULTURE
We are improving on rice cultivation, milling and bagging; poultry production and processing; fish and seafood production, education and provision of extension services to farmers. We held the first Lagos Seafood Festival to showcase our aquaculture potentials and to expose and export our very proud seafood menu beyond Lagos. Our quest to create farms outside our state is yielding results as we have acquired 500 hectares of land in Ogun State, to grow rice to feed our mill in Imota.

SPORTS AND TOURISM
In October, we hosted the 12th edition of the Governor’s Tennis Cup, which is the only International Tennis Federation sanctioned tournament in West Africa. The event attracted entries from 361 players from 30 countries. Taking a cue from this, a private sector company has launched an initiative called “Breaking the Mould”, which brought the world famous Williams Sisters - Venus and Serena - to Lagos. In the next few days, we will be hosting the 18th edition of the National Sports Festival and we expect up to 20,000 visitors who will bring in revenue.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
On May 29th 2012, we commissioned the Lagos Traffic Radio broadcast on 96.1 FM; to help commuters get advance information and plan their journey. Also, the new Traffic Law was signed into effect on August 2nd 2012. With on-going advocacy and the installation of over 17,000 road signs, we are experiencing more voluntary compliance and seeing improved driving culture. Between July—before the law came into effect—and September 2012, of the 13,322 people attending our Drivers’ Institute, about 10.1% had bad vision and have since been referred for corrective action to improve vision and return them back to the road.
[/b][/b]

Must he give you a weekly check before you acknowledge he is doing a great job?

9 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by seanet01: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
If we start blasting you now you will be shouting tribalism. Don't you have a homeland? You are always against Fashola even when you are part of Lagos problems. Intelligence no dey your territory.

6 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
seanet01: If we start blasting you now you will be shouting tribalism. Don't you have a homeland? You are always against Fashola even when you are part of Lagos problems. Intelligence no dey your territory.
I thought you said you're from Ogun state.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Gbawe: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
Fashola has made mistakes but he has been a consistently good and exemplary Governor. He is certainly a sincere leader whose positive legacy is assured because of his good work in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by seanet01: 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva:
I thought you said you're from Ogun state.
Yes am from Ogun state, i have properties in Lagos and its well being should be my priority apart from its Importance to We Yorubas. You simply hate Fashola.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by patimore: 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
I believe you jare action governor. Igbos will always hate and PDP will never rule Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
If this man refuses to run for president, I go chop e eye.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
Sir, it seems you're finding it difficult to read either because of laziness or because you're a born-hater.

Your bitterness is obvious to discerning minds..!!

@Topic: Pls Lagos residents should confirm the veracity or otherwise of Fashola's claims...

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Sir, it seems you're finding it difficult to read either because of laziness or because you're a born-hater.

Your bitterness is obvious to discerning minds..!!

@Topic: Pls Lagos residents should confirm the veracity or otherwise of Fashola's claims...
I read every bit of the article but i think Fashola has failed astronomically woefully when it comes to investing in people. He hasn't done enough when compared to the lives he's destroyed in the process of rebuilding Lagos.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva:
I read every bit of the article but i think Fashola has failed astronomically woefully when it comes to investing in people. He hasn't done enough when compared to the lives he's destroyed in the process of rebuilding Lagos.
Can you name a Governor who has done well in "investing in people"‎​ and what exactly he has done??

I'm interested in ur criteria for assessing Fashola...

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Can you name a Governor who has done well in "investing in people"‎​ and what exactly he has done??

Please read this again:

[Quote]EDUCATION

In the last 100 days, our technical colleges graduated a total of 6,000 students; many of whom have been employed by private sector operators who are partnering us to design their curriculum to meet industry standards. The electrical graduates amongst them work with the Lagos State Electricity Board to light up Lagos.  The renovations of the classroom block in Agidingbi Technical College were done by the students and not an external contractor.  Our new Electronic Engineering Academy in Agidingbi was built in partnership with Samsung Electronics that guarantees employment for every child trained at the Centre [/Quote]
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

A governor like Rochas and Amaechi have done well in investing in people from their states. Amaechi has built world class educational facilties with one of the best facilities you can think of. Rochas launched a FREE educational program from primary school level to the university level. Some people say it's not sustenable but as it stands, the program is still on and until it goes to the backdoor, we have to give the program the benefit of the doubt. These two governors have invested heavily in the education of their people.

I rate Fashola very high in enforcement of laws but when it comes to investing in Lagos rather than de-investing in the,, i'll rate him low.

3 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

[Quote]EDUCATION

In the last 100 days, our technical colleges graduated a total of 6,000 students; many of whom have been employed by private sector operators who are partnering us to design their curriculum to meet industry standards. The electrical graduates amongst them work with the Lagos State Electricity Board to light up Lagos.  The renovations of the classroom block in Agidingbi Technical College were done by the students and not an external contractor.  Our new Electronic Engineering Academy in Agidingbi was built in partnership with Samsung Electronics that guarantees employment for every child trained at the Centre [/Quote]
This is not Ekiti state but Lagos that we're talking about. It's embarassing when a behemoth state like Lagos starts acting like Ido-Osi local government in Ekiti. Are they not even ashamed to present this as an achievement? WTF.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva:
A governor like Rochas and Amaechi have done well in investing in people from their states. Amaechi has built world class educational facilties with one of the best facilities you can think of. Rochas launched a FREE educational program from primary school level to the university level. Some people say it's not sustenable but as it stands, the program is still on and until it goes to the backdoor, we have to give the program the benefit of the doubt. These two governors have invested heavily in the education of their people.

I rate Fashola very high in enforcement of laws but when it comes to investing in Lagos rather than de-investing in the,, i'll rate him low.
Your bitterness is becoming more obvious...

Did Rochas or Amechi do what Fashola did as described below?

One built standard schools..
The other made provision for free education to Uni.. Level
Check out what Fash did:

In the last 100 days, our technical colleges graduated a total of 6,000 students; many of whom have been employed by private sector operators who are partnering us to design their curriculum to meet industry standards. The electrical graduates amongst them work with the Lagos State Electricity Board to light up Lagos.  The renovations of the classroom block in Agidingbi Technical College were done by the students and not an external contractor.  Our new Electronic Engineering Academy in Agidingbi was built in partnership with Samsung Electronics that guarantees employment for every child trained at the Centre
And you said he's a failure??

Your motive gets clearer with ur every post...

4 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^Like i posited, if Ekiti had done what Lagos has done, i will rate them highly. But not Lagos. It's like a heavy weight boxing champion telling me that he beat a new born baby. That really deserves a prison sentence. No offence to Fashola and his team but i think they've failed in human development. Under their watch thousands, if not millions of people have lost their only means of livelihood and they never made any attempt to provide alternatives. That's the diary of a government that does not care about it's citizenry. It's never too late to put Lagosians first in whatever they're doing.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva: ^^Like i posited, if Ekiti had done what Lagos has done, i will rate them highly. But not Lagos. It's like a heavy weight boxing champion telling me that he beat a new born baby. That really deserves a prison sentence. No offence to Fashola and his team but i think they've failed in human development. Under their watch thousands, if not millions of people have lost their only means of livelihood and they never made any attempt to provide alternatives. That's the diary of a government that does not care about it's citizenry. It's never too late to put Lagosians first in whatever they're doing.
It's obvious that whatever is done by LASG will be seen as a failure by you because Lagos is a "Heavy-Weight" state...

you're just bitter and I'm still trying to completely understand Y.

Tell your Okada friends to go and enroll in any of the LASG technical college.

Delete the million in ur post. Bitterness isn't a Good excuse to lie!!!

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

It's obvious that whatever is done by LASG will be seen as a failure by you because Lagos is a "Heavy-Weight" state...

you're just a bitter and I'm still trying to completely understand Y.

Tell your Okada friends to go and enroll in any of the LASG technical college.

Delete the million in ur post. Bitterness isn't a Good excuse to lie!!!
I guess if i start praising the LASG to high heavens, it will mean that i'm not bitter. Whatever i've said on this thread is my opinion alone and i'm entitled to it. You're also entitled to your opinion just like you've done on this thread. Opinions are like azz holes and everyone has got one. The fact that i don't agree with your assertion does not make me bitter. maybe i'm seeing things entirely from you. The same way you're accusing me of hating Fashola is the same way my Anambra brothers have accused me of hating Peter Obi and Anambra just because i don't agree with the fact that peter Obi has done well. I don't judge every state with the same parameter as all states are not equal. I look at the potential and resources that are available in such a state before i rate.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:31am On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I guess if i start praising the LASG to high heavens, it will mean that i'm not bitter. Whatever i've said on this thread is my opinion alone and i'm entitled to it. You're also entitled to your opinion just like you've done on this thread. Opinions are like azz holes and everyone has got one. The fact that i don't agree with your assertion does not make me bitter. maybe i'm seeing things entirely from you. The same way you're accusing me of hating Fashola is the same way my Anambra brothers have accused me of hating Peter Obi and Anambra just because i don't agree with the fact that peter Obi has done well. I don't judge every state with the same parameter as all states are not equal. I look at the potential and resources that are available in such a state before i rate.

Shut your mouth, na bad bele go suffocate you to death. Do you mind listing what your useless rochas don build or any accomplishment of his? Its the height of stupidity to compare a governor who's been delivering since 2007 till today with a useless loud mouth and good for nothing who's yet to build a chicken cage.

You keep getting more and more re/tard/ed by the minute.

2 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by EkoAtlantic1(f): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2012

Ode ni bobo yi sha.
You left your village for Lagos in search for job,
You got something meaningful to do(impossible in your village in the East).
Living the life of a city boy(never in your village)
Got exposed, and met civilization(never in your village)
All amenities in the city you have access to without restriction of any kind.
Excellent international recognized project carried out by Fashola that is beneficial to you and your people, still this is the best you can say about the governor that hosted you without sending you parking to your erosion ridden village.

Mehn you've got insolvable problem"s".

I won't blame you that much, omo Igbo ni e undecided grin

8 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
grin grin
I'm trying hard not to attribute ur biased opinion to the fact that you're an "OKORO"

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by FreeGlobe(f): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2012
Rubbish Fashola is a mediocre governor taking advantage of the peoples poverty ravaged mentality and media dominance in the state. What is he doing because Akwa Ibom and Enugu has built better infrastructure. Imo has empowered more people. Fashola my azz.

2 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2012
deleted
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by ademega(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2012
very soon, we shall need you to re-build Nigeria. nija ko ni baje oohhhh

2 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Gbawe: 11:37am On Nov 24, 2012
FreeGlobe: Rubbish Fashola is a mediocre governor taking advantage of the peoples poverty ravaged mentality and media dominance in the state. What is he doing because Akwa Ibom and Enugu has built better infrastructure. Imo has empowered more people. Fashola my azz.

Folks like you and Afam4eva demonstrate, without even realising it, the inferiority complex and bad belle many Nigerians suffer from. If some are happy with their governor and always happy to praise and celebrate him publicly, why does that rankle folks like you to the extent you always have to begin 'd.1ck comparison' via talking of Ameachi, Akpabio and Rochas on a thread concerning Fashola?

Why , if you are secure men, do you not start thread to praise those folks you admire so much? Do you not realise your inferiority complex is glaring with your desire to always tout SE/SS administrator every time Fashola is mentioned? It is an indication of the inferiority complex and inadequacy you feel.

Let me give you an example. On my street, I am happy to tell everyone how I love my beautiful wife and bright kids. I am entirely happy with them. I focus on talk about my family, and never compare them to others, because , healthily and correctly, I only have eyes for them. My neigbhour, instead of doing same, always focuses on going around saying he does not understand my praise for my family considering his wife is pretty too and his kids are bright as well. Would a balanced person not wonder why he cannot just simply promote his own family rather than focus always on talking about his family in relation to mine? Does that not clearly demonstrate inferiority complex and innate feelings of inadequacy? I just don't get you guys. Why are you always driven to compare? Why not just enjoy what you have if you are genuinely content with it?

18 Likes

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by bayulll01(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2012
afam i pray God deliver u from hate i use to respect you on Nl but its seems u hate fashola or the yorubas with passion am on nysc in the east believe me the igbos respect the yorubas even though some of them are bitters about us.bros hate will do u no gud.tanx
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by olivertwist: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2012
Gbawe:

Folks like you and Afam4eva demonstrate, without even realising it, the inferiority complex and bad belle many Nigerians suffer from. If some are happy with their governor and always happy to praise and celebrate him publicly, why does that rankle folks like you to the extent you always have to begin 'd.1ck comparison' via talking of Ameachi, Akpabio and Rochas on a thread concerning Fashola?

Why , if you are secure men, do you not start thread to praise those folks you admire so much? Do you not realise your inferiority complex is glaring with your desire to always tout SE/SS administrator every time Fashola is mentioned? It is an indication of the inferiority complex and inadequacy you feel.

Let me give you an example. On my street, I am happy to tell everyone how I love my beautiful wife and bright kids. I am entirely happy with them. I focus on talk about my family, and never compare them to others, because , healthily and correctly, I only have eyes for them. My neigbhour, instead of doing same, always focuses on going around saying he does not understand my praise for my family considering his wife is pretty too and his kids are bright as well. Would a balanced person not wonder why he cannot just simply promote his own family rather than focus always on talking about his family in relation to mine? Does that not clearly demonstrate inferiority complex and innate feelings of inadequacy? I just don't get you guys. Why are you always driven to compare? Why not just enjoy what you have if you are genuinely content with it?

100 Likes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Nigerdelta Avengers Are Demanding, Can Buhari Fulfil Them? / 2017 Budget: Upkeep Of Presidential Jets Gulps N2.4bn / Lady Cries Out Over Deplorable State Of Lagos Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.