Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola (8668 Views)

Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh / Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / Rebuilding Of Chibok Commence See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

Uncle Gbawe and Eko Ile will disagree with you that I'm not a Fashola critic... I still believe he's an elitist, however, his achievements as the governor are there for all to see... Are some of policies anti-people? - ABSOLUTELY... But he's by far the best among his peers...

On Rochas, you're being disingenuous about who the free university education is for... How sustainable is the policy in the long run, anyway? - Rochas is more of a fraudster jostling for the presidential seat than anything else - I can see through the guy...
Please, can you even indulge us in some of these achievements and i will take it from there.

You accuse me of talking down on Fashola yet do same for Rochas. Do i also accuse you of tribalism? I've been hearing your likes say how unsustainable it is...why don't you wait till he fails before you talk. You sit somewhere in London without having being to Nigeria and you call someone who has used his personal money to build FREE schools in all the geo-political zone a FRAUD. Even before he became a governor, he achieved more as a philanthropist than Fashola has achieved as a governor educational wise.

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by salolo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
yes o. Lagosians will continue to support you
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

At least the pass rate increased by almost 500% during his tenure...

So, who should take credit for that?
lol grin Can you tell us some of the programmes he put in place that increased the pass rate at 500%. While you're at it, also tell us if the pass rate is for government or private schools.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by jt2010: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva: @Shymmex
You make me laugh. So, Fashola nis now responsible for people's pass rate? I guess he was also responsible for me passing WAEC too.
What Fashola is doing is call Data Mining and anlysis .... Base on his administration policy on Education... he is now attributing the improve results of the student on their policy... or what did you think contribute to the improve recorded... angry undecided

Afam, I will have align with you if you have query the statistic figure Fashola provided but trying to claim that the administration education policy is not response for the improvement is totally shows your hatred for anything Yoruba "SW".
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
jt2010: What Fashola is doing is call Data Mining and anlysis .... Base on his administration policy on Education... he is now attributing the improve results of the student on their policy... or what did you think contribute to the improve recorded... angry undecided

Afam, I will have align with you if you have query the statistic figure Fashola provided but trying to claim that the administration education policy is not response for the improvement is totally shows your hatred for anything Yoruba "SW".
I won't question the statistics as i don't know much about the pass rates in WAEC. I'm giving Fashola the benefit of the doubt by asking his crusaders how and what he did to increase the pass rate to a whopping 500%(if true). So, if i read for my exams and in pass, fashola will take the credit.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Please, can you even indulge us in some of these achievements and i will take it from there.

You accuse me of talking down on Fashola yet do same for Rochas. Do i also accuse you of tribalism? I've been hearing your likes say how unsustainable it is...why don't you wait till he fails before you talk. You sit somewhere in London without having being to Nigeria and you call someone who has used his personal money to build FREE schools in all the geo-political zone a FRAUD. Even before he became a governor, he achieved more as a philanthropist than Fashola has achieved as a governor educational wise.

Some of his achievements are clearly stated on the first page of this thread... However, I'll like to add more:
- BRT.
- Eko Atlantic.
- Rail Project.
- Ikoyi Bridge. etc..

I've read a lot about Rochas on NL and I've done my personal research on him(like I do on every new Nigerian-administrator(kid)-on-the-block)... And Rochas apparently has been jostling for the presidential seat for a long time... I guess that's why he became a "philanthropist" - to sell himself to the people...

I reiterate, can you list any project he has commissioned since he became the governor of Imo? - he should at least have a couple of physical achievements...
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
lol grin Can you tell us some of the programmes he put in place that increased the pass rate at 500%. While you're at it, also tell us if the pass rate is for government or private schools.

Nah, can you tell us why he shouldn't claim the glory for the 500% increment in the pass rate during his tenure?
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

Some of his achievements are clearly stated on the first page of this thread... However, I'll like to add more:
- BRT.
- Eko Atlantic.
- Rail Project.
- Ikoyi Bridge. etc..

I've read a lot about Rochas on NL and I've done my personal research on him(like I do on every new Nigerian-administrator(kid)-on-the-block)... And Rochas apparently has been jostling for the presidential seat for a long time... I guess that's why he became a "philanthropist" - to sell himself to the peopl...

I reiterate, can you list any project he has commissioned since he became the governor of Imo? - he shouldat least have a couple of physical achievements...
So, those 4 achievemnts are the only ones you can point out and you keep shouting everybody down that Fashola is the best thing to happen to Nigeria. Mind you the Eko Atlantic project has not even been completed and the Rail project has not kicked off. Ikoyi bridge WTF.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by jt2010: 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I won't question the statistics as i don't know much about the pass rates in WAEC. I'm giving Fashola the benefit of the doubt by asking his crusaders how and what he did to increase the pass rate to a whopping 500%(if true). So, if i read for my exams and in pass, fashola will take the credit.

Bros, can you provide the Pass rates for Rivers state as you claim that Amaechi is doing far better than Fashola in this regard!!!
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

Nah, can you tell us why he shouldn't claim the glory for the 500% increment in the pass rate during his tenure?
You've still not answered my question. pls address it since you know everything about what the Lagos government is doing and what they're not doing.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
So, those 4 achievemnts are the only ones you can point out and you keep shouting everybody down that Fashola is the best thing to happen to Nigeria. Mind you the Eko Atlantic project has not even been completed and the Rail project has not kicked off. Ikoyi bridge WTF.

Can you read at all? - didn't you see where I directed you to the first page for a comprehensive list of some of his achievements?

Both the rail project and Eko Atlantic are on going project - and pictures don't lie... There are threads dedicated to the two projects all over nl...

And the Ikoyi bridge is almost 90% done and there's a thread dedicated to that as well on nl...

Can you post pictures of Rochas' achievements? - throw Amaechi in there as well...
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
You've still not answered my question. pls address it since you know everything about what the Lagos government is doing and what they're not doing.

Nah, since you said he isn't responsible for the 500% increment in the pass rate - why can't you tell us who's responsible for it? - Rochas? Amaechi?
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by jt2010: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:

He who come to Equity must come with clean hands, please provide us the achievement of any of the two governors you claim are better than Fashola to us... to me focus more on Amaechi....
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

Can you read at all? - didn't you where I directed you to the first page for a comprehensive list of some of his achievements?

Both the rail project and Eko Atlantic are on going project - and pictures don't lie... There are threads dedicated to the two projects all over nl...

And the Ikoyi bridge is almost 90% done and there's a thread dedicated to that as well on nl...

Can you post pictures of Rochas' achievements? - throw Amaechi in there as well...
Let's not be carried away from the reason why we're arguing in the first place except you did not follow my argument from earlier pages. We're talking of human development. This is the area where i think the Fsshola government have failed woefully. I think Fashola has done above average in other sectors but not without destroying lives in the process.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by jt2010: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Let's not be carried away from the reason why we're arguing in the first place except you did not follow my argument from earlier pages. We're talking of human development. This is the area where i think the Fsshola government have failed woefully. I think Fashola has done above average in other sectors but not without destroying lives in the process.

Okay... Afam as you want... please enlighten us on the progress of Amaechi in this area... because both Amaechi and Fashola are two term governors.. so we can easily access their individual achievement in this area Human development....
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
jt2010:

He who come to Equity must come with clean hands, please provide us the achievement of any of the two governors you claim are better than Fashola to us... to me focus more on Amaechi....
We're talking of human development, don't forget about that. I think i've provided you with enough proof but you're yet to give me evidence that fashola has done well educationally in Lagos state. Pls don't mention that 500% pass rate thingy. It's making the fashola's administration look like a thief who converts the achievement of others as his own. That's assuming that that statistics is accurate.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:

You asserted that Fashola has failed woefully in terms of human development - and I cited excerpts from the opening post on this thread about his achievements in that department... However, you claimed he isn't responsible for the "achievements" - which happened during his tenure, by the way... So, it's only right that you tell us who's responsible for them, isn't it?
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

You asserted that Fashola has failed woefully in terms of human development - and I cited excerpts from the opening post on this thread about his achievements in that department... However, you claimed he isn't responsible for the "achievements" - which happened during his tenure, by the way... So, it's only right that you tell us who's responsible for them, isn't it?
I asked you if the pass rate applies to public or private schools but you kept mute. If it was the public schools that recorded this mile stone i would have probably kept mute. You can't use all the schools in lagos to rate Fashola highly. It's stealing like i said. How exactly does Fashola influence private schools in astronomical proportions.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by jt2010: 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
We're talking of human development, don't forget about that. I think i've provided you with enough proof but you're yet to give me evidence that fashola has done well educationally in Lagos state. Pls don't mention that 500% pass rate thingy. It's making the fashola's administration look like a thief who converts the achievement of others as his own. That's assuming that that statistics is accurate.

Afam, i cannot remember or locate any of your statements that support this assertion that Amaechi is developing the human development of rivers people... there only statement that i can remember from you is below in bold

"So, it's the primary and secondary school people that Amaechi is empowering that will now take over the economic manpower of the state at the kindergarten stage? SMH"
[b]
[/b]
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by jt2010: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I asked you if the pass rate applies to public or private schools but you kept mute. If it was the public schools that recorded this mile stone i would have probably kept mute. You can't use all the schools in lagos to rate Fashola highly. It's stealing like i said. How exactly does Fashola influence private schools in astronomical proportions.

What make you think Fashola has the pass rate for private schools in Lagos.. Lagos statement government is not WAEC or NECO!!! So as a public officer, i strongly believe the pass rate Fashola quote is for public school...
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:

Regardless of whether it's private, or public schools - you can't deny the fact that it's a massive 500% increment(during his tenure)...

Let's assume the increment was by mostly private schools(I highly doubt it but just doing it for argument sake) - how come these private schools were underachieving before he became the governor? Perhaps, if he never became the governor, they would still be failing woefully... So, who's responsible for the pass rate then?
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
jt2010:
What make you think Fashola has the pass rate for private schools in Lagos.. Lagos statement government is not WAEC or NECO!!! So as a public officer, i strongly believe the pass rate Fashola quote is for public school...

Word..
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by CohenJane: 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I read every bit of the article but i think Fashola has failed astronomically woefully when it comes to investing in people. He hasn't done enough when compared to the lives he's destroyed in the process of rebuilding Lagos.

Where did this one come from? Are you sure you read that report at all? See how you waste your parents money go school
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by CohenJane: 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
jt2010: What make you think Fashola has the pass rate for private schools in Lagos.. Lagos statement government is not WAEC or NECO!!! So as a public officer, i strongly believe the pass rate Fashola quote is for public school...

Which one do you want him to quote before? or what's his business with private school? Is it government that should be funding private school again?
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by babeface3: 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2012
Classified ignorance in Nigeria, or is it a sheer act of sycophancy; are these accolades based on comparative achievement or on the veracity of empirical statistics quoted to hoodwink the less informed majority? How much revenue and allocation were revealed as a tool? i weep for my people tongue

A city so confused, congested and gasping for breathe and leaders, bereft of ideas but avarice, fold their arms in utter helplessness.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by sokera: 12:55am On Nov 25, 2012
FreeGlobe: Rubbish Fashola is a mediocre governor taking advantage of the peoples poverty ravaged mentality and media dominance in the state. What is he doing because Akwa Ibom and Enugu has built better infrastructure. Imo has empowered more people. Fashola my azz.

Pls for christ sake go and spend d rest of ur life in Akwa Ibom or Enugu ...I cant blame u ,u b OKORO..
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by sokera: 1:04am On Nov 25, 2012
afam4eva:

I swear I can bet it u no go sch @all..he said However, I'll like to
add more to Fashola listed achievement... OKORO OLODO.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by redsun(m): 1:05am On Nov 25, 2012
Which ever way you see it,fashola is a reformer.He is doing everything every individual with some common sense will do.Some thing that is very rare in nigeria society where people generaly lack common sense.

Change is the blood line of life.A people that doesnt change for good are a people that are cursed.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by sokera: 1:10am On Nov 25, 2012
Awon omo OKORO yin just hate Fash for no reason, who send una come lagos? Y una no stay for una state develop d place yeye ppl. As for Fash keep it up we ar strongly behind u.
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by sokera: 1:12am On Nov 25, 2012
CohenJane:

Where did this one come from? Are you sure you read that report at all? See how you waste your parents money go school

Don't mind d ful he read d post from his keyboard yeye OKORO

1 Like

Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by ibrobell(m): 3:56am On Nov 25, 2012
if u ask me i think the gov has really tried. not that he is perfect but he has performed above average. flood has been a major problem in lagos but of recent with the heavy rainfall, flood has reduced greatly. To me thats a pragmatic approach to situations
Re: Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola by aribisala0(m): 7:33am On Nov 25, 2012
Quite often many NL Igbos compain that "you hate igbos" whenever they are criticized. We are seeing the same thing here from Fashola and his apologists. Quite funny really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Jang Defends State’s Security Outfit / Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests / Cross River Gov. Ben Ayade Declares Green Holiday For Planting 1m Trees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.