Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) (8922 Views)

This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / Breaking News: GEJ Attends Winners Chapel In Ota Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunIfe: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Delivering Sermon in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, in Osun.

Aregbe has been termed a Taliban who in one way or the other wanted to turn Osun to an Islamic state by politicians who wanted to get cheap political point by causing confusion among the great Osun and Yoruba people.

May be this can change their mind set about Aregbe.
This should tell the world what the yoruba nation stands for:
-Love, irrespective of your Religion.
-Equity
-Freedom for everyone to practice whatever religion you belief in and worship in any way that pleases you.

Traditional
Christianity
Islam
Pagan
Hinduism
Deities
Etc...

We embrace all.

8 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunIfe: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
Note: Aregbe that is used to wearing cap had no option than to obey the Christianity rule of putting off whatever attire a man is putting on to cover his head.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunIfe: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
Originally from
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=72101

Compiled and edited by Osun•Ife of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by geez1: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
Cool. We Yorubas see ourselves first as Yoruba people. We are related by blood and are brothers and sisters. There's no Yoruba Muslim that isn't related to at least 100 Christians and vice versa. There's nothing like 'Muslim Yoruba vs Christain Yoruba' and there will never be by the grace of the Divine power that has kept us together. Yorubaland O Ni baje

45 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunIfe: 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2012
geez*:
Cool. We Yorubas see ourselves first as Yoruba people. We are related by blood and are brothers and sisters. There's no Yoruba Muslim that isn't related to at least 100 Christians and vice versa. There's nothing like 'Muslim Yoruba vs Christain Yoruba' and there will never be by the grace of the Divine power that has kept us together. Yorubaland O Ni baje

That's an Excellent post there Mr man.
The former governor of the state, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola who is a Christian also stepped into Mosque when he was the Governor of the state.

You should wonder why all of a sudden the governor(Oyinlola) who knows what the Yoruba race stands for, was been used as an agent to carry false news by the PDP(Abuja), in order to destabilize the state of Osun.
I think the reason should be know to all of us. Osun right now is the strongest base for the opposition, where the ruling party lost every post in the state.
It's also the only state in the Southern Nigeria where the President lost in the last election. This should tell you where the fault is.

I'm not castigating the ruling party, it is the way they wanted to cause misunderstanding in Osun that is shameful.

Mind you, the A.C.N under Aregbesola also have their own deficiency and unjust acts.

Osun A dara fun gbogbo wa.
Yoruba race oni Baje o.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by GARRIx7(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
Yoruba Muslims are very liberal and open-minded. So unlike the hardcore muslims up north..

On the other hand our churches are extremely materialistic, they'd not mind inviting Osama Bin Laden to church as long as he'll sow a "seed"

11 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunIfe: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Yoruba Muslims are very liberal and open-minded. So unlike the hardcore muslims up north..

On the other hand our churches are extremely materialistic, they'd not mind inviting Osama Bin Laden to church as long as he'll sow a "seed"

No need for comparism that can bring up arguments that are uncalled for. Let the yoruba matters bother you.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunIfe: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Yoruba Muslims are very liberal and open-minded......

You got it right.

Osun state has two extremist muslim cities/towns, Iwo and Ede.

If you know what the people of Iwo stand for you will understand their commendable tolerance, to have hosted a Christian University(Bowen University Of Nigeria Baptist Convention) in their town.

Same with Ede(a real muslim town), now hosting Redeemers University of the Redeemed Christian Church of GOD. It's called "tolerance".

8 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by funkybaby(f): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
Osun•Ife:

You got it right.

Osun state has two extremist muslim cities/towns, Iwo and Ede.

If you know what the people of Iwo stand for you will understand their commendable tolerance, to have hosted a Christian University(Bowen University Of Nigeria Baptist Convention) in their town.

Same with Ede(a real muslim town), now [b]hosting [/b ]Redeemers University of the Redeemed Christian Church of GOD. It's called "tolerance".

won jebi to fi wa tolerant undecided grin

many villages would do almost anything to have a University or polytechnic (how much more a private university) established in their community.

the economic and social gains such an opportunity brings to such 'villages' are immeasurable

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
Good 2 hear
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by miteolu(m): 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2012
Osun•Ife:
Note: Aregbe that is used to wearing cap had no option than to obey the Christianity rule of putting off whatever attire a man is putting on to cover his head.

What will you say of kings (obas) attending church services with caps & other forbidden materials
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by teniyi(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
Oyinlola and CAN (State of Osun, branch) are defeated already.
All their effort to bring the Governor of the people (Aregbesola) to disrepute has come to nought.
Oyin ko ooo!
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by alaoeri: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
funkybaby:

won jebi to fi wa tolerant undecided grin

many villages would do almost anything to have a University or polytechnic (how much more a private university) established in their community.

the economic and social gains such an opportunity brings to such 'villages' are immeasurable
U said many villages abi then site a xtian institute in core northern states & know what's up.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
miteolu:

What will you say of kings (obas) attending church services with caps & other forbidden materials
. I don't know wen pipl like u will grow up and know wat kopret dresinz r all abt,but note it dat we hav traditional kopret n english kopret of whch a church has no fuckkkin right to stop u rm any of d two u pref, pls stop wearing adam coat on a sunny daym 34degrees temp can tek u beyound if u use coat to mek it 50degrees o
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by SamAfrik(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
The gov looks very funny in that pix.
I guess the principle of "Omoluabi" is being used as guide for our race, your religious affliations notwitstanding.
I know a chrisitan woman (not a politician)that donates tons of beverages to a mosque during thier fastings. And what can I say about inter-religious marriages?
The yoruba culture is too deep to allow religious sentiments to becloud our reasoning and love for humanity.
Of course there was massive support for Ajimobi & Aregbesola (muslims) over Akala & Oyinlola (christians) even in the xtian community. The muslims I guess also vote for candidate's personality accordingly.
Yoruba race : forward ever backward never!!!

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by julioralph(m): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
Buhari went to Several churches before last year's elections all in a bid to win votes and we all know what happened after. sad sad
he should educate his troublesome Islamic folks.
Man looks at appearances but God looks at the heart.
the question here- is he trying to score cheap political points?

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by SamAfrik(m): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
teniyi: Oyinlola and CAN (State of Osun, branch) are defeated already.
All their effort to bring the Governor of the people (Aregbesola) to disrepute has come to nought.
Oyin ko ooo!
Please dont drag CAN to this. Overwhelming support for Aregbesola came from chrisitans. Or do you suggest we start voting according to religious inclinations in the west?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Mystiqme: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
How exactly does a Muslim deliver a sermon in a church? What verses did he quote? Did He tell them 'Jesus is the way the truth and the life'?
He may be giving a speech in a church which is also a very god thing, but that cannot be termed a sermon.

9 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by tpia1: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^good questions.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by caesaraba(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
I doubt he's delivering a sermon. Me thinks the man's giving a speech about his achievements and other stuff. Sermon ke? From which book?

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by 2864: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
Mystiqme: How exactly does a Muslim deliver a sermon in a church? What verses did he quote? Did He tell them 'Jesus is the way the truth and the life'?
He may be giving a speech in a church which is also a very god thing, but that cannot be termed a sermon.

You have all my..... Please come for a Ticket to Jerusalem for.......
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by simeonT: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
Olusegun Obasanjo laid  the foundation of N350,000000 (three hundred and fifty million naira)  ultra modern central mosque  and arabic school within the premises of his Presidential Library in Oke-Mosan Abeokuta on friday.
Now Aregesola delivered sermon in a chapel, osun state.
What a tribe!
Other tribes you must learn from this

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2012
Aregbesola is from Ilesha which might be almost 70% Christian

A lot of Moslem leaders in Yoruba land went to Missionary schools and can sing xtian songs and even quote the bible.

I remembered when some Moslem fanatics wanted to cause problems in Oyo state. Lam Adeshina a Moslem governor told them to go and sit down somewhere that he too went to a Missionary school

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Cleanman(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2012
caesaraba: I doubt he's delivering a sermon. Me thinks the man's giving a speech about his achievements and other stuff. Sermon ke? From which book?
caesaraba: I doubt he's delivering a sermon. Me thinks the man's giving a speech about his achievements and other stuff. Sermon ke? From which book?
and how many of the mujahedins guvnors up north have ever stepped in a church?...we know how patrick yakowa was persecuted in kaduna for being a christian....Our brothers in the east just find it difficult to comprehend with how we live together as one leaving them maybe jealous or something...In yorubaland you are first a yoruba man/woman before your religion comes in.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by ebbytonice(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
teniyi: Oyinlola and CAN (State of Osun, branch) are defeated already.
Oyin ko ooo!
pls leave CAN out of this o, majority of osun Christians myself included, voted and supported aregbesola. This isnt about religion, it is about who has the interest of the people at heart.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by whiteroses(f): 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2012
yes Nice, I miss home only been back once i hope I have a chance to visit naij again grin but most populous religion over there is actually the river godess orisha Osun, thousands of Christians and Muslims go out to dance to her every year. Apparently she lives as a spirit in the bank of Osun river but represented by one fair woman called Oluweri yeye Osun her work is mostly infertility treatment, blooming business and can predict a lot of things shocked The person showing us said some people will go to the bank and start pouring annoiting oil and praying into the river bank but this angers her lipsrsealed I remember meeting the Ataoja Oba Iyiola Oyewale Matanmi III, Other people i remember, Chief Jimoh Buraimoh, Prince seven-seven, Olanike Gallery etc
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2012
whiteroses: yes Nice, I miss home only been back once i hope I have a chance to visit naij again grin but most populous religion over there is actually the river godess orisha Osun, thousands of Christians and Muslims go out to dance to her every year. Apparently she lives in the bank of Osun river but represented by this fair woman called Oluweri yeye Osun her work is mostly infertility treatment, blooming business and can predict a lot of thingsshocked I remember meeting excursion and meeting the Ataoja Oba Iyiola Oyewale Matanmi III, Other people i remember, Chief Jimoh Buraimoh, Prince seven-seven, Olanike Gallery etc

Are you from Oshogbo?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by whiteroses(f): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you from Oshogbo?
yes lol

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Tunde20197: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
i grew up in osogbo too and by any chance! do you know Ayo Seven Seven, Lekan Matanmi , Ariyo Seven ,Tope Seven Seven etc ?
whiteroses: yes Nice, I miss home only been back once i hope I have a chance to visit naij again grin but most populous religion over there is actually the river godess orisha Osun, thousands of Christians and Muslims go out to dance to her every year. Apparently she lives as a spirit in the bank of Osun river but represented by one fair woman called Oluweri yeye Osun her work is mostly infertility treatment, blooming business and can predict a lot of things shocked The person showing us said some people will go to the bank and start pouring annoiting oil and praying into the river bank but this angers her lipsrsealed I remember meeting the Ataoja Oba Iyiola Oyewale Matanmi III, Other people i remember, Chief Jimoh Buraimoh, Prince seven-seven, Olanike Gallery etc
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by emmatok(m): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
OBJ(Christian) to build Mosque.
AREGBESOLA(Muslim) preaching in Church.

That is the Yorubas spirit for you.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by ejifranks(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
Commendable... Just hope its not for political point scoring... undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SE Traders Disown Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu / He Incited People To Loot, Now He's Being Looted. Laws Of Karma. Tweets. / President Tinubu Mourns Former NNPC GMD Dr Thomas John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.