Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Punchng. Com Hacked Again. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Punchng. Com Hacked Again. (6760 Views)

Hacked Again!!! / The Netng.com, Hacked / NAFDAC Official Website Hacked Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by Slyr0x: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^^ A defaced site doesn't stay that way for life!
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by ghettodreamz(m): 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
hisblud: this is what i saw instead, could they have repaired it

It has been fixed almost an hour ago, I guess.
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by TableLeg(m): 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2012
I hacked it .. Now what?!
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by paddie3(m): 11:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
decode55: are u kidding me?? shocked
u guys are so much crazy wit d hacking tin
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by expertfingers(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2012
doncheks: Thats what u get for using a platform like wordpress for scalable projects.Their techs should know better.

You get more of it especially when you keep throwing in every plugin you find on the internet and do not monitor security updates.

Using open source do come with a price.
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by toluxa1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
I want to know whether anyone here has any complaint about Punch website. Don't ask me why but let me know if there is any legitimate complaint about the website. Thanks
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by litaninja(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
hmmm....on what platform is fully secure, i am sure @Slyr0x would agree that none is eventually. If someone realy really wants to get at you, he will. Its just a matter of time. What you can do is to constantly pay close attention to security infi, patches, updates and regular tests of your own platform to see whats vulnurable there...and fix it!
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by doncheks: 11:22am On Feb 28, 2013
litaninja: hmmm....on what platform is fully secure, i am sure @Slyr0x would agree that none is eventually. If someone realy really wants to get at you, he will. Its just a matter of time. What you can do is to constantly pay close attention to security infi, patches, updates and regular tests of your own platform to see whats vulnurable there...and fix it!

quest4$:

so what platform is impenetrable?

Security has been one of the arguments against open source.I recommend Drupal for any developer doing serious web development where security is of concern.Even the White House uses it.
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by Slyr0x: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2013
doncheks:

Security has been one of the arguments against open source.I recommend Drupal for any developer doing serious web development where security is of concern.Even the White House uses it.

This should change your mind Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
Re: Punchng. Com Hacked Again. by doncheks: 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
Slyr0x:

This should change your mind Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities

The url links to drupal's security page that discusses security upgrade to the core.

The title may be misleading since it does not state the defects of the software but gives release notes for additional upgrades to core Drupal.

Perhaps you should read it before posting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Adsense Banned My Website, Any Way Out Please? / Big Secret About Torrents (how To Download Torrent Files With IDM) / Bloggers: How Do You Monitor The Web For Latest News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.