Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC (10607 Views)

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/pc ? / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? / How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 8:00am On Nov 26, 2012
Mwhn,this network operators are really sucking us dry!!! Damn
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Kslib(m): 8:00am On Nov 26, 2012
Ejiné: My 20GB lasts me a maximum of 2 weeks.

*Sigh*... Blame it on the mojo.
Na wa oh!!! You just dey waste 20GB for fantasy/illusion.. If you find waste 20gb for fantasy,na im be say you fit sell family house just to touch nyash...

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Dandy1(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2012
I don't know of anything like limited data oo,cos I'm on a badooo levelz of proxy/vpn tinz.
All I pay is 1gees 4 a whole month.I dey do anything dey go.And,pls don't ask me how,cos here it is forbidden.LOL
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by mrkels(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2012

Hahahaha, this moraf-er just made my day cheesy
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by hustla(m): 8:14am On Nov 26, 2012
bigx:

I consume averagely 300 to 800mb daily.

If you are using a laptop get the 8k for 7.5GB plan.
That should stay till almost the end of the month and is the only way you'd enjoy internet.

I use the 1GB plan you talked about on my ipad and it lasts roughly two weeks, talkless of a laptop with windows update and so on.

8k for 7.5 Gig plan Wow shocked people still pay this much for internet with the WiFree,PdProxy,Iwp and other vpn's available for free browsing with unlimited plans on Multilinks,MTN BIS,Etisalat too..

@OP check through the phones or computer section,you will get info on free unlimited browsing..
And if you know you want to pay,do the mtn night plan at 2500,get 3Gig and free 1.5gig extra..
Nawa ooooo!!!
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by bigx(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2012
hustla:

8k for 7.5 Gig plan Wow shocked people still pay this much for internet with the WiFree,PdProxy,Iwp and other vpn's available for free browsing with unlimited plans on Multilinks,MTN BIS,Etisalat too..

Lol, you funny o, I know all about free browsing,
The issue is moral and with me, I see free browsing trick as stealing, pure and simple and I made a promise to myself long ago that if God doesn't give me, I would not steal it.
That's been guiding my life and business for years now and I like it. Makes me work hard to "afford" whatever I want.
I know people might say the networks are stealing from us but stealing back from them makes us no different from them.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Afam4eva(m): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2012

People should not even be streaming videos or opening facebook with all these limited plans.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2012
Mine is Unlimited o
na VPN tins wink
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:48am On Nov 26, 2012
30 mins if all images are off, 5mins if images are on! *10mb
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2012
ichieakpo: yahoo yahoo grin
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2012
ichieakpo: yahoo yahoo grin
no the guy iz for real......i ve tried him out, and he is gud....try him
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by oobim(m): 11:14am On Nov 26, 2012
Internet use is expensive in 9ja.I use etis modem on my laptop.I pay 8k and it doesn't even last a week.I guess it's cos i spend hrs on skype .
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by mavinc4u(f): 11:16am On Nov 26, 2012
the best way to do it is to disable any authomatic updates,configure your system in a way that it will prompt you for update cos there are some irrelevant updates that goes on the system.if you want a stable 4G technology modem that goes on a faster speed with an unlimited data cap then I would suggest you for Mobitel,you can call me for the cost of the device and subscription 07032349446
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by oobim(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2012
Brainrex: Mine is Unlimited o
na VPN tins wink
Pls,how can one connect to unlimited,what network and good is their service?
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by oobim(m): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2012
mavinc4u: the best way to do it is to disable any authomatic updates,configure your system in a way that it will prompt you for update cos there are some irrelevant updates that goes on the system.if you want a stable 4G technology modem that goes on a faster speed with an unlimited data cap then I would suggest you for Mobitel,you can call me for the cost of the device and subscription 07032349446
Before i call u,is mobitel in Abj?
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by honeric01(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2012
Monthly Download: 36.46 GB
Monthly Upload: 3.05 GB
Today's Download: 1.09 GB
Today's Upload: 522.50 MB
Gaming Bandwidth: 0.00B

cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by mavinc4u(f): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2012
o.obim:
Before i call u,is mobitel in Abj?
Is currently not in Abuja but we are working seriously in expanding outside Lagos.Thanks
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
Kslib:
Which kind of image you dey look??
before nko na ashawoo pics the boy dey look. Abi you wan lie sey na Christian pics you dey look.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by dljbd1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
Using 3gig airtel. Been ok
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
there are reasons for that
1 some1 connected to ur hotspot

2 ur android is updating applications.
3 anti virus update
4 window update
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by dljbd1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
mavinc4u: the best way to do it is to disable any authomatic updates,configure your system in a way that it will prompt you for update cos there are some irrelevant updates that goes on the system.if you want a stable 4G technology modem that goes on a faster speed with an unlimited data cap then I would suggest you for Mobitel,you can call me for the cost of the device and subscription 07032349446
Pls, paste d details here so we cn c it thn call u if we no understand
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by Guchis(f): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
It hardly runs out..I'm on the Cobranet Home bronze plan, 7GB + free night browsing from 12am till 6am everyday. I use it mostly on weekends and if i take work home with me. All movie/music etc downloads i do via my office internet.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by toria1980(f): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
nomsochris: I used. Etisalat 200mb on my laptop and in 10 minutes 165mb was used up just from opening nairaland and yahoo mail. However I use airtel 3gb on my iPad and it's been the best so far

Y do u still buy data plan for your. Lap top wen u can browse frm your ipad on your laptop
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by jcross19: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
bigx:

The issue is moral and with me, I see free browsing trick as stealing, pure and simple and I made a promise to myself long ago that if God doesn't give me, I would not steal it.
That's been guiding my life and business for years now and I like it. Makes me work hard to "afford" whatever I want.
I know people might say the networks are stealing from us but stealing back from them makes us no different from them.
are you going to tell me that you have not lie on your business for once if you are business man if you say no but can your conscience say no? huh so what is the different from stealing and lying huh .
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by surveycash(m): 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
moderatorr: I use all the network and I have noticed these:

.....Its better my 3GB Finishes steady and fast than I have full network but can't browse till my subscription time expires smiley

What plan is that?
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by bigx(m): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
jcross19: are you going to tell me that you have not lie on your business for once if you are business man if you say no but can your conscience say no? huh so what is the different from stealing and lying huh .

Why should I lie? I would only have reason to lie If I'm operating a fraudulent business (419) which I'm not.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by 9icevalentine(m): 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
I use a VPN 20gig @ least for a day
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by utosco(m): 5:14am On Nov 27, 2012
bigx:

The 7.5gb for 8k plan, which plan and network is that bro ?
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by addictiv(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
toria1980:

Y do u still buy data plan for your. Lap top wen u can browse frm your ipad on your laptop
i tried that but my ipad cant see the laptop whenever i try connecting wirlessly or via the usb. i know its possible but i think i have to download an app in the ipad for that but haven't really given it much thought.
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by bigx(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2012
addictiv: i tried that but my ipad cant see the laptop whenever i try connecting wirlessly or via the usb. i know its possible but i think i have to download an app in the ipad for that but haven't really given it much thought.

http://www.mypublicwifi.com/
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by bigx(m): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2012
utosco:
The 7.5gb for 8k plan, which plan and network is that bro ?

Etisalat, MTN,
Re: How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC by addictiv(m): 2:26am On Nov 28, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Your Budget, 10k - 100k UK Used Laptops At Affordable Prices With Warran / How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? / How To Download Youtube Video To Your Computers And Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.