Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. (3650 Views)

FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" / Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl / Enugu 2015: Gov. Chime Denies Planning To Join Apga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by truthseeker9ja: 2:06am On Nov 26, 2012
Osun denies planning to castrate rapists.

Two principal officers of Osun State House of Assembly, Messrs Ipoola Binuyo, and Akin Taiwo, have said there is no bill before the legislature recommending castration for rapists.

Mr. Goke Butikakuro, the Press Secretary to the Speaker, Mr. Najeem Salaam, said in a telephone on Sunday, “I have spoken with Mr. Ipoola Binuyo, who is the Chief Whip of the House; and the Assistant Chief Whip, Mr. Akin Taiwo. They said there’s no such bill on rape before the House or the recommendation of castration as penalty for rape.”

While Ipoola represents Ife-North Constituency, Taiwo represents Ayedaade Constituency.

Meanwhile, the state Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Mrs. Adetoun Adegboyega, has denied advocating castration for rapists.

Speaking with our correspondent in a telephone interview on Sunday evening, Adegboyega said she “only jokingly” said do men want to be castrated before they would stop raping children and women?’

She said, “It was all a joke which some people have decided to sensationalise. I was just answering a question on rape at the ministerial news conference held at Government Secretariat, Abere, on Friday, when I jokingly asked if rapists want their ‘third leg’ to be caught off before they stop their inhuman act?”

Adegboyega said the bill on rape before the Osun House of Assembly had reached the second reading, adding that the state government would use all legal means to protect children, women and the vulnerable from being sexually abused.

Right activists, Amitolu Shittu, Wahid Lawal, Abiodun Agboola, Rufus Oyatoro, in separate telephone interviews with our correspondent on Sunday spoke against rape.

But they also said Osun could not afford to castrate rapists without adequate legislative backing.

Lawal said, “Osun is too sophisticated to engage in extra judicial actions against even the offenders. I want to believe that there is a misconception on the rape issue.”

Agboola said, “No, that cannot happen in Osun. The government and people of Osun are too enlightened to allow that to happen. We cannot go back to the dark ages.”

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=72450
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by PaulJohn1: 6:16am On Nov 26, 2012
Jokes that might be misinterpreted are to be avoided. Castration is totally insane, It's a BC thing.

This shouldn't liberate rap.ist, waiting for the penalty. Torturing will be commendable.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by GARRIx7(m): 7:46am On Nov 26, 2012
Agboola said, “No, that cannot happen in Osun. The government and people of Osun are too enlightened to allow that to happen. We cannot go back to the dark ages.”
I said the same thing...
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by PaulJohn1: 8:13am On Nov 26, 2012
GARRI (x7):

I said the same thing...

Not My Osun, lolz
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by searay2(m): 8:53am On Nov 26, 2012
Now this the Osun Iknew.
Off-topic: I can't wait to be unban this afternoon. Searay will be back live and direct.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Jazzgreen(m): 8:58am On Nov 26, 2012
SHIT!!!, dat means im gonna shot down my on going pri.ck selling industry.was tinking of gettin some pri.cks from d one cut off by govt.mtcheeew

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 26, 2012
Mtcheww na today?
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by odehaj: 9:18am On Nov 26, 2012
Go to emir palaces&wealthy,aristocratic Muslim homes you still find castrated men guiding their
plenty wives&concubines.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Kobojunkie: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2012

Nonsense. What has the dark ages to do with castrating criminals? We have the death penalty, why not castration for ra_pists?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Basic(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Nonsense. What has the dark ages to do with castrating criminals? We have the death penalty, why not castration for ra_pists?

Don't you know Nigerians can't be satisfied?
If a rapist is clubbed to death (jungle justice), they'll complain.
If the government locks up a rapist, they'll come down here on Nairaland to post comments like, "that fo.ol should have his pri.ck cut off".
And if the law says that rapists should be castrated, they'll say that's barbaric.
Yet, if a rapist is allowed to go scot-free, they'll still cry foul.
So, what should the government do to rapists?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Kobojunkie: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2012
Basic:

If the government locks up a rapist, they'll come down here on Nairaland to post comments like, "that fo.ol should have his pri.ck cut off".
And if the law says that rapists should be castrated, they'll say that's barbaric.

Stop being silly . . . no one said Club em to death. Castration/death penalty by the State is not same as street justice. Abeg use your head before you post nonsense.

Africa does not need people carrying out street justice. What Africa needs is a justice system that works. If a man is castrated by the State it is NOT the same thing as the same man being castrated by any ordinary person off the street.

You folks need to think harder bo! Enough of these brain farts for responses!
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2012
Nigerians and over sabi. Hear them scream this not the middle ages. For your information all you eye service warlords, the British do not just jail paedophiles, they castrate them. Shebi you like copying the western world in everything.. See link, hopeless Nigerians

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9139845/Paedophiles-chemically-castrated-in-British-jail.html

1 Like

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by elopee3000(m): 9:58am On Nov 26, 2012
osun ekiti if one isika or olaitan no rape u thier oba go rape if oba no rape alfa go nack u akpako
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by tchaik(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

DON'T MIND THE NOISE MAKERS; LET THEM CHILL, UNTIL A PAEDOPHILE BASTARD GETS HIS HAND ON THEIR LITTLE DAUGHTERS!

GOD FORBID SHAAA
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by ektbear: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2012
Torture, castration, etc all na cruel and unusual punishment.

No sane governor or government would advocate such for its citizens.

1 Like

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by plendil: 11:31am On Nov 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Torture, castration, etc all na cruel and unusual punishment.

It doesn't have to be painful. The criminal would be anesthesized before having his balls removed. I don't have a problem with it as long there is legal backing
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by plendil: 11:31am On Nov 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Torture, castration, etc all na cruel and unusual punishment.

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
tchaik:
DON'T MIND THE NOISE MAKERS; LET THEM CHILL, UNTIL A PAEDOPHILE BASTARD GETS HIS HAND ON THEIR LITTLE DAUGHTERS!
GOD FORBID SHAAA

My thing is people there still act like animals and in order to get animals in order, it makes sense to start with the harsh punishments and as the society develops you change the laws to fit.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by DrMuzungu(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
And what exactly is wrong with castrating rapists, as long as the rape case is proven beyond reasonable doubt?
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by chreldb(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
1stCitizen: Nigerians and over sabi. Hear them scream this not the middle ages. For your information all you eye service warlords, the British do not just jail paedophiles, they castrate them. Shebi you like copying the western world in everything.. See link, hopeless Nigerians

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9139845/Paedophiles-chemically-castrated-in-British-jail.html

Did you read that link thoroughly before posting? If you did you will see that they are not proposing to castrate offenders but to chemically reduce their libido on a volunteer basis in order to help control themselves if the offenders feel they are unable to. @ topic now the commisioner and the law makers who were said to be deliberating the law have come out to deny it and labelled such acts as one that belongs to the dark ages, so what is still the bone of contention here to those that were supporting the so called law? Are you suddenly feeling silly and feel the need to justify your barbaric mindsets? . IMO castration will not solve anything it is better to sentence a sexual offerder to death than to castrate him. You castrate him and unleash him to society to commit worse crimes. Do you think a castrated felon will go into his shell? The person will become homicidal and turn to a sreial killer. And his first victims wolud most likely be his molestation victims. Think about it and employ some common sense here people!!!!!
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by fluffybaby(f): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
Wetin she dey deny for. If dem want sef make dem do wetin pass castrate. As long as na confirmed rapist, me no get qwalms with any VIP show wey dem put I'm prrick to abegi.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Seun(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
We thank the Osun State legislature for debunking this rumor. Rapists in Osun State can relax now, provided they are not gay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
Castrating rapists is not such a bad idea really.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by toluene12: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
chreld_b:

Did you read that link thoroughly before posting? If you did you will see that they are not proposing to castrate offenders but to chemically reduce their libido on a volunteer basis in order to help control themselves if the offenders feel they are unable to. @ topic now the commisioner and the law makers who were said to be deliberating the law have come out to deny it and labelled such acts as one that belongs to the dark ages, so what is still the bone of contention here to those that were supporting the so called law? Are you suddenly feeling silly and feel the need to justify your barbaric mindsets? . IMO castration will not solve anything it is better to sentence a sexual offerder to death than to castrate him. You castrate him and unleash him to society to commit worse crimes. Do you think a castrated felon will go into his shell? The person will become homicidal and turn to a sreial killer. And his first victims wolud most likely be his molestation victims. Think about it and employ some common sense here people!!!!!
Actually bro, its called chemical castration. The whole idea of physical castration(removal or crushing of testes) is to reduce the testosterone level in the body thus killing sexual libido, and that's what those anti testosterone drugs does to the body, its still castration.
In the u.k chemical castration is voluntary but in poland, russia, south korea and state of california in the u.s its mandated by law as a form of punishment for pedophiles. However chemical castration is reversible upon the discontinuation of the drug unlike the permanent physical one.
I also disagree with u on the homicidal tendencies of these rapist as per naija, most rapist in naija are driven either by uncontrolled sexual apetite to get by force the impossible or the desire to exhibit manly domination over the weaker vessel, few are pathologically driven.
All that said, do I support it? NOPE. Castration either physical or chemical is not a wise idea. As far as am concerned its a powerful eugenics weapon and the concept can easily be hijacked and abused by a pervert who will insist on castration of all low lifes, unintelligent, dullards, wife cheaters, or a certain group of sects in favour of a pure selective breed or castration as a means of population control.
its funny how we've easily forgotten the nazis.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
The trauma rap.e victims go through is worse than castrating the idi.ots.

Like seriously, rapists should be castrated with jagged edged bread knife without administering local anaesthesia to the beasts.

I am even praying that children and young girl's 'kini' turns into a guillotine so that immediately a bast.ard rapist inserts his sinful and restless rubbish, the thing gets chopped off.

1 Like

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by chreldb(m): 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
toluene12:
Actually bro, its called chemical castration. The whole idea of physical castration(removal or crushing of testes) is to reduce the testosterone level in the body thus killing sexual libido, and that's what those anti testosterone drugs does to the body, its still castration.
In the u.k chemical castration is voluntary but in poland, russia, south korea and state of california in the u.s its mandated by law as a form of punishment for pedophiles. However chemical castration is reversible upon the discontinuation of the drug unlike the permanent physical one.
I also disagree with u on the homicidal tendencies of these rapist as per naija, most rapist in naija are driven either by uncontrolled sexual apetite to get by force the impossible or the desire to exhibit manly domination over the weaker vessel, few are pathologically driven.
All that said, do I support it? NOPE. Castration either physical or chemical is not a wise idea. As far as am concerned its a powerful eugenics weapon and the concept can easily be hijacked and abused by a pervert who will insist on castration of all low lifes, unintelligent, dullards, wife cheaters, or a certain group of sects in favour of a pure selective breed or castration as a means of population control.
its funny how we've easily forgotten the nazis.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I agree with you on the issue of how the process could potentially be abused. But I still think intimate offenders would become more of a danger to society if they are castrated against their will and released. A death sentence may be to harsh but @ least a longer prison sentence should be put in place to prevent them from further assaulting any victim.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
O'Castration. grin grin grin
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by plendil: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
Rukemi291: The trauma rap.e victims go through is worse than castrating the idi.ots.

Like seriously, rapists should be castrated with jagged edged bread knife without administering local anaesthesia to the beasts.

I am even praying that children and young girl's 'kini' turns into a guillotine so that immediately a bast.ard rapist inserts his sinful and restless rubbish, the thing gets chopped off.

Well, your prayer might just have been answered:

The condom with TEETH: South African doctor designs new female contraceptive to ward off would-be rapists

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288133/The-female-condom-TEETH-South-African-doctor-launches-anti-rape.html#ixzz2DMTWuupt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

1 Like

Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by lomprico(m): 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
Basic:

Rape 'em
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
chreld_b:

So what does chemical and physical castration achieve. It is not thesame thing? So who is being silly now. The problem with you Nigerians is you think you know too much yet know nothing.You copy everything the white man says without using your heads to question what he does. How do you define barbarism. Is locking up a human being in a prison like animals like they did in the dark ages and as you advocate not barbaric. Silly goat!

I tell you it is.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by chreldb(m): 12:12am On Nov 27, 2012
1stCitizen:

So what does chemical and physical castration achieve. It is not thesame thing? So who is being silly now. The problem with you Nigerians is you think you know too much yet know nothing.You copy everything the white man says without using your heads to question what he does. How do you define barbarism. Is locking up a human being in a prison like animals like they did in the dark ages and as you advocate not barbaric. Silly goat!

I tell you it is.

You still can't comprehend the dumbness of your last post and you think that the only purpose of prison is just about locking up people in cages like what happens in a zoo SMH. for your info prisons are not just cages but correctional and rehabilitating facilities. I can't waste my time with a human being like you like you it will be a frustrating waste of time. Not worth it @ all. Just like trying to communicate with an illiterate.
Re: Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 27, 2012
plendil:

Well, your prayer might just have been answered:

shocked shocked shocked Oh My God! Who says prayers are not answered I love that..
Thanks for that plendil

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos:buhari Dresses In Different Attires To Show Love For National Unity / PHOTO: Fashola Allegedly Impregnates Another Woman / Tinubu Is Responsible For His Own Misfortunes – Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.